• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2059 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
hirsty

Auction House Reply to this Post

Ahoy all,

Now on regular occasions people post here selling or buying items and such. Now when people are searching for these it can take a while and it is hard to know whether that pirate can be trusted such as not paying up or not delivering items - yes i know it can be a direct trade but some may set up other methods or deliver alternatives.

What are you thinking of making?

As the title suggests i am thinking of making a web based auction house that will allow buyers to post their items with a Buy It Now as well as a minimum bid and maybe a maximum bid.

I was also thinking of implementing a pirate rating system so you can spot the good from the bad. I was also looking on speaking to senior OM's to try and get the sub-domain http://auctions.puzzlepirates.com to redirect to the auction house
As i do not have any access to user accounts on PP i cannot bind it to PP accounts the only validation i could do is check the pirate name against the ocean and possibly ask a question or two regarding that pirate.

What about QM3 you was working on?

That is still in the design phase and still looking on designers and artists for that.

This is just an idea, if you have any questions please do ask.

If i am to get 20+ requesting me to do this - i will begin working on it. But just remember, i do work a 40 hour week too so it wont be straight away. (2/20 Requests)

Please note, this is likely to be hosted on a free server with a free domain name

If anyone has any other ideas on how to validate pirates, please do say. Thank you,

Hirsty

F.A.Q

No questions asked yet!
----------------------------------------
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Edit 5 times, last edit by hirsty at Aug 29, 2013 11:21:10 PM]
[Aug 29, 2013 11:32:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

Re: Auction House Reply to this Post

Someone lock this post fast and send it to Davey Jones before this pirate realy begins to think he is a God ,,,, Cough OM! lol
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[Aug 29, 2013 1:51:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

Someone lock this post fast and send it to Davey Jones before this pirate realy begins to think he is a God ,,,, Cough OM! lol

lol no I do not think I'm a god matey just lending a hand to the community if they don't want it they won't request it,I won't make it pretty simple really. nothing wrong with putting an idea forward now is there? if there was we wouldn't have any of this technology :)
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hirsty at Aug 29, 2013 2:02:24 PM]
[Aug 29, 2013 2:01:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

I love the idea - an auction house is probably my most wanted in-game thingy.

However - I've seen out-of-game auction houses in other games, and they tend to suffer from disuse.

As such, do you have any ideas to make sure people use it? (Or does anyone else? I would give them, if I had them, alas.)

I'm not requesting it (yet) - I don't want to see you go to a ton of effort then not have it be populated.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Aug 29, 2013 2:33:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

However - I've seen out-of-game auction houses in other games, and they tend to suffer from disuse.

As such, do you have any ideas to make sure people use it? (Or does anyone else? I would give them, if I had them, alas.)

I'm not requesting it (yet) - I don't want to see you go to a ton of effort then not have it be populated.

It will not be used he is not OM , he can not police it he and users will get scamed!
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[Aug 29, 2013 3:20:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

It will not be used he is not OM , he can not police it he and users will get scamed!

Well it is pretty hard to get scammed. Because you still get to do the trade window.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Aug 29, 2013 3:23:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

Well it is pretty hard to get scammed. Because you still get to do the trade window.

and this is where the rating system will come into play if a pirate is not true to their auction others would give them a low rating
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Aug 29, 2013 9:53:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

and this is where the rating system will come into play if a pirate is not true to their auction others would give them a low rating

I also love the idea. Maybe to implement it we could post our auction link in the bazaar?

Would this be like ebay or like amazon? ;) I love ebay I have a 100% rating there ooooh yeah!

Edit -- if you need help let me know
Tinycat on Cerulean
Kattzzy on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by PirateYoHo90 at Aug 29, 2013 11:23:18 PM]
[Aug 29, 2013 11:22:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

I could generate unique links for each auction yes would be like ebayish
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Aug 29, 2013 11:26:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I'm not sure but didn't something like that exist some time ago?

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Pirate_Auction_House

There was something like this on Indigo too back in the days and it didn't get much used (only in the beginning)

I don't want to discourage you, but the best way to have the devs build an ingame AH as the other probably won't work that great.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Aug 30, 2013 12:01:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

yes I had a look at this...no offense to the dev that built out but this looks poor aside of what i have planned
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Aug 30, 2013 12:25:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

I know i said i wouldnt but im gunna make up a working prototype for all to see - think its gunna be a better way to demonstrate
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Aug 31, 2013 11:54:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

I know i said i wouldnt but im gunna make up a working prototype for all to see - think its gunna be a better way to demonstrate

i'm excited :)
Tinycat on Cerulean
Kattzzy on Emerald
[Aug 31, 2013 7:40:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

Urgh hate how i think, if someone has an idea of how this would look feel free to draw me up a design.....always been good at functionality never been good at design, if an arrrtist wishes to help me too shoot me a pm
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Sep 2, 2013 10:16:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

Well heres where im at at the moment.....work on the database but waiting on support to get back to me with official permission to use in game images and such.

So yea ...... [crosses fingers]
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Sep 11, 2013 11:41:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Sent a PM ;)
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Sep 11, 2013 11:56:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates