• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 864 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Hoote8

What did you do to make your flag succesful? Reply to this Post

Ive been thinking about making a flag/crew and i want a Eminent or Illustrious fame also highly blockading? How did you do it, Bacon Strips, Indiffrence, When the Stars Allign, Illuminatti? Really just any highly active cadeing flag
----------------------------------------
Slayin
[Aug 27, 2013 6:34:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maitredodo

Re: What did you do to make your flag succesful? Reply to this Post

Have large amounts of money and pirates in the flag since fame goes up by puzzling.
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?
[Aug 28, 2013 1:26:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

I dont have my own flag but I've been around a lot and can tell you what makes them successful - aka owning a lot of islands and being able to cade:

-Poe
-Ambition
-Connections/friends
-Support
-Time - hours that multiple people can devote to flag goals

And what makes them fail:
-Maturity/Immaturity (too much of either)
-Ambition that dies in a month (thats what I have)
-Discussing things that make others unhappy (such as high taxes)

However, you can become eminent and illustrious without islands which just requires a ton of puzzling pirates! Theres a ton more to the list but those are the ones that come to mind :)
Tinycat on Cerulean
Kattzzy on Emerald
[Aug 28, 2013 11:09:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nooblar

You get flag fame by running boats a lot.

You get lots of blockades by having people with a large amount of PoE being willing to pipe it into the flag, for whatever reason.

You ruin either arrangement by allowing people who enjoy drama, and/or don't bring much to the team, into the group, especially if you let them in a leadership role.
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[Aug 29, 2013 1:28:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

You need a core group of at least 5 people who will be consistently active and willing to do stuff, and then enough 'ordinary' members that the crew/flag seems active so you can hold onto recruits. Fame is just about running lots of voyages so do that!
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Aug 31, 2013 3:25:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates