• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1429 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Drillgirl

Decayed Clothing Pricing Reply to this Post

Hey guys,

Though I'm not new to the game, I'm new to owning a shop. I didn't play for a while and though owning a ship would kinda revamp my interest in the game. I own a tailor on Scrimshaw, Sage. Is there some kind of formula/chart for pricing partially decayed items on the rack? Or is it customary to just not put them on the rack to begin with? I have some really good pieces of rare/discontinued colors that I think some people would definitely be interested in regardless of whether its in new or good condition.

Thanks!
----------------------------------------
~DG

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be; and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"
[Aug 23, 2013 3:27:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Re: Decayed Clothing Pricing Reply to this Post

New, good, old - you can put it all out for sale. I often buy old items just for portraits, as I'm not terribly likely to pay out for clothing otherwise.

No idea about pricing, but there's no chart/guide - if you have a browse through the other shoppes/stalls you should be able to get an idea of rates.

Good luck :)
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Aug 24, 2013 2:00:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

On the day it turns good, it's got 2/3 of its life left, and for old, 1/3. That's probably a good guide for pricing too.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Aug 26, 2013 12:49:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Actually, Good seems to be closer to 4/5 of its life remaining. Or possibly 7/9.
[Aug 26, 2013 1:48:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drillgirl

Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it fairly. I figured someone could use em and didn't want em to go to waste (like pixie said, if its just fer a portrait why shell out the PoE for new clothes?)
~DG

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be; and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"
[Aug 26, 2013 11:11:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

On the day it turns good, it's got 2/3 of its life left, and for old, 1/3. That's probably a good guide for pricing too.

When buying, I always assume that New clothes/swords/etc. will turn Good the next day and Good stuff will turn Old the next day. Stores tend to not do this deliberately as often, but if they are reselling stuff they bought, the shopkeepers can get ripped off too.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 27, 2013 2:28:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates