• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1542 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
OtherJenny

Alice the Sloop Reply to this Post

We did have a chat page on YYedia about the new Alice LE Paint & Names

But It appears, someone threw it out with their baby rattle.

My point is most of the adjectives listed at present came from myself by, gleaning names from the YYpedia Cerulean Bazaar, and then cross checking them with the /vwho On the Cerulean Ocean.

I also got 1 name from my own crew, 2 names came from Lord Franklins crew and 1 from another pirate (sorry don't have your name, see baby rattle).

Point (1)
Why could I not find on both the dub oceans, any (Alice LE Sloop) names of sloops for trade or sale, as you do find on the sub ocean? Not even a swap for another fish name!

Point (2)
To rename a ship of any size, not just this new (Alice LE Sloop) you need at least 6 rogue marks, to rename with an adjective & fishname.
We are all directed to dictionary.com to verify that the name request, is a valid adjective

Burbling is not listed as an adj also Burble, but if you scroll to the very bottom of the page. Under slang it lists Lewis Carroll & Jabberwocky.
Frabjious is not listed as an adj; it's not listed at all. Not even a link to another word!
Frumious a great word invented by Lewis Carroll as a blend of fuming and furious.
Galumphing another phonesthemic invention of Lewis Carroll, perhaps a blend of gallop and possibly triumphant

Anyway that?s just a few the point is I would like to suggest that on the Alice ship page we add that
Due to the nonsense of many of Lewis Carroll's words many of these adjectives may not make sense. As true adjectives they may have been Snarked or Jabberwocked!

Your thoughts are welcome .
----------------------------------------
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[Edit 1 times, last edit by OtherJenny at Jul 21, 2013 4:43:23 PM]
[Jul 21, 2013 4:39:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Re: Alice the Sloop Reply to this Post

Talking about this page? Looks like everything is still there. And even if someone deleted anything, you can always check the "History" tab for that page, and see what was once written.

...You're welcome.

Franklin
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jul 21, 2013 5:31:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Frabjous is listed as an adjective? Check your spelling. Regardless, this is not he first time LE ships have come with not-adjectives. There's an OM comment about it somewhere. Normal rename rules still apply.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Jul 22, 2013 4:27:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Frabjous is in my dictionary.

Fun fact, though: When Jabberwocky was written, "chortled" was just as made-up a word as "frumious" and "bander-snatch".

But oh, beamish nephew, beware of the day,
?If your Snark be a Boojum! For then
You will softly and suddenly vanish away,
?And never be met with again!
[Jul 22, 2013 5:46:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

When Jabberwocky was written, "chortled" was just as made-up a word as "frumious" and "bander-snatch".

Heh. :-D
Did not know that. (Then again, I'm constantly impressed by how many words Ol' Bill Shakespeare created, and how many of them are still in use today!!)

Franklin
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jul 22, 2013 10:15:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

I now have one of the images of Fawful saying "I have chortles!" from Bowser's Inside Story in my head. Thanks a lot =P.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Jul 23, 2013 12:35:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates