• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6859 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

images needed - portrait items - mystery box trinkets Reply to this Post

We still need to find portraits using the following "mystery box" trinkets.
  • Hot buttered rum (ice blue)
  • Jam jar (ice blue)
  • Lime marmalade jar (spring green)
(I've been tracking these portrait items using one of my sandboxes.)

Thanks! ;-)
Franklin
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Franklincain at Jun 30, 2013 7:02:15 PM]
[Jun 18, 2013 7:08:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

Re: images needed - portrait items - mystery box trinkets Reply to this Post

Spring Sprout on Pauseypauls front page .
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[Jun 19, 2013 2:33:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Seatexan&itemid=44507234

Ice Blue Snow Flake Pendant
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jun 20, 2013 6:58:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Thanks! ;-)
[Jun 20, 2013 7:47:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Juleah

Spring green cupcake
Ice blue cupcake

Although, I believe these variations were omitted from the YPPedia page since they are just recolours (held in the same form) as the plum/chocolate variation.
Not saying more isn't welcome though!
Lacusclyne on Emerald
Laccy on Twitch TV and LoL NA
[Jun 30, 2013 4:03:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/Laccy_Love [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Thanks for the cupcake! ;-)

In answer to your comment, though, the chocolate cupcake is an exception, since that specific trinket has "chocolate" in its name; all the other cupcakes do not have a color in their name. :-/

(It would make sense for all the cupcakes to be consistent...)
[Jun 30, 2013 7:01:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Not sure if this is the palce but I have a portrait with the gaea doll:
Pirate page link:
http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Pixelpixie&itemid=44635105

and saved and uploaded image link:

Hope thats all you need ^_^
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Jul 14, 2013 11:20:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Wrong thread, but THANK YOU nonetheless. ;-D
I've already cropped and uploaded the image.
[Jul 14, 2013 4:11:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Ahoy!
We still need portrait images for these "mystery box" trinkets.
  • Hot buttered rum (ice blue)
  • Jam jar (ice blue)
  • Lime marmalade jar (spring green)
Thanks! ;-)
Franklin
[Aug 6, 2013 6:53:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Fannon&itemid=44729144

http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Fannon&itemid=44729145

http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Fannon&itemid=44729153

Thanks to Jainasolo for lending me the trinkets!
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Aug 6, 2013 1:26:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Thanks to Jainasolo for lending me the trinkets!

Fannon and Jainasolo, thank you, both, dear ladies! :-D

Franklin
[Aug 6, 2013 2:14:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Heya..

I see here the thread of needing images for the YPP?
Because we need alot of the gold box templates.
Does anyone know how to make em?
I would really like to learn so I can add for example the Gilded Signet Ring and the Gilded Goblet and stuffs..
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx
[Sep 9, 2013 2:53:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Yah, sorry - that's one of the (many) things on my To Do list, but since the grids tend to take upwards of half an hour each, I'm not really making much progress on it. If you want to take a stab at it for yourself, I suggest you have a look over one of the other trinkets and see how things work.

For example, the fan letter grid image:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/File:Colors-trinket-Fan_letter.png

And the template:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Template:My_trinkets/Fan_letter

The way the template works is that it displays a square section of the grid that's a specific number of pixels down from the top edge, and right from the left-hand edge, so it's important that you don't resize or move the grid at all. Basically, just get a screenshot of each different-coloured trinket (there's a thread around here somewhere with more than a few screenshots) and paste each in the appropriate place in the grid. Then upload it to the wiki - the naming standard for grids is "Color-trinket-Trinket name.png". (Incidentally, don't use jpg screenshots when assembling the grid. It's not pretty.)

The template's a fair bit easier to create - just find another similar template (for example, a different one in the same set of trinkets), and just copy and paste the entire text, replacing the name of the old trinket with that of the new (I usually open up Notepad and do a find/replace).

Have a poke and see what happens, I guess. Don't worry about messing up - it's reasonably easy to rectify later.

On a related note, I've just discovered all the gold box trinket templates are still waiting on usage notes. I'll fix that.
[Sep 10, 2013 3:23:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

The portrait images seem less urgent to me than actually posting some of the LE banana trinkets, it doesn't even have a section on yppedia, can we work on this please, I can provide images of a bunch of them if need be. Also need spring green cupcakes, and I'm sure there's more I've forgot.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Sep 13, 2013 8:40:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

(Trinkets from LE Banana boxes don't) even have a section on yppedia...

He's right. :-/
However, there are separate threads already dedicated to these missing trinkets. This thread is specifically for portrait images.

The portrait images seem less urgent to me than actually posting some of the (missing) trinkets...

Then, by all means, instead of wasting your time posting on this thread, you could post helpful comments on the other threads for those missing trinkets. (Yes, it is your time to waste as you see fit, but if you are truly interested in getting these missing trinkets posted, wouldn't it make more sense to help there instead?)

Franklin
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Franklincain at Sep 13, 2013 8:57:44 AM]
[Sep 13, 2013 8:54:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Yah, sorry - that's one of the (many) things on my To Do list, but since the grids tend to take upwards of half an hour each, I'm not really making much progress on it. If you want to take a stab at it for yourself, I suggest you have a look over one of the other trinkets and see how things work.

And the template:

The way the template works is that it displays a square section of the grid that's a specific number of pixels down from the top edge, and right from the left-hand edge, so it's important that you don't resize or move the grid at all. Basically, just get a screenshot of each different-coloured trinket (there's a thread around here somewhere with more than a few screenshots) and paste each in the appropriate place in the grid. Then upload it to the wiki - the naming standard for grids is "Color-trinket-Trinket name.png". (Incidentally, don't use jpg screenshots when assembling the grid. It's not pretty.)

The template's a fair bit easier to create - just find another similar template (for example, a different one in the same set of trinkets), and just copy and paste the entire text, replacing the name of the old trinket with that of the new (I usually open up Notepad and do a find/replace).

Have a poke and see what happens, I guess. Don't worry about messing up - it's reasonably easy to rectify later.

On a related note, I've just discovered all the gold box trinket templates are still waiting on usage notes. I'll fix that.

Can we put this someplace easy-to-find so it can be referred back to? That right there was something I have wanted many times in the past because I never understood how tiny screenie wound up falling perfectly in place on pirate pages.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Sep 13, 2013 9:17:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Can we put this someplace easy-to-find so it can be referred back to? That right there was something I have wanted many times in the past because I never understood how tiny screenie wound up falling perfectly in place on pirate pages.

If it isn't already an article in the wiki's "Help" category, then perhaps it ought to be.
[Sep 13, 2013 9:28:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

(Trinkets from LE Banana boxes don't) even have a section on yppedia...

He's right. :-/
However, there are separate threads already dedicated to these missing trinkets. This thread is specifically for portrait images.

The portrait images seem less urgent to me than actually posting some of the (missing) trinkets...

Then, by all means, instead of wasting your time posting on this thread, you could post helpful comments on the other threads for those missing trinkets. (Yes, it is your time to waste as you see fit, but if you are truly interested in getting these missing trinkets posted, wouldn't it make more sense to help there instead?)

Franklin

And one has an irrelevant title to what I wanted, and the other has been dead for months, posting in a thread similar makes more sense to me, seeing as you are so interested in doing it, feel free to come get pics from me and do it yourself. :)
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Sep 13, 2013 10:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

And the template:

Thanks! But ummm, the first link wont open >>
Maybe PM me and we can talk about it later? Gotta run <3
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx
[Sep 14, 2013 1:43:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

You'll need to copy the text and paste it into your address bar - some bug in the forums means you can't click on links in the File namespace. That's why I just pasted the URL instead of using the [url] tags. =)
[Sep 14, 2013 6:40:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

here is the skeletal key :) also hedgehog if its not up yet :)
(once again I may have the wrong thread?)
http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=pixelpixie&itemid=44890782&classic=false
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Booful at Sep 18, 2013 4:29:01 PM]
[Sep 18, 2013 4:27:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

have a wine colored gold box sailors knot here :)

http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Pixelpixie&itemid=45202559&classic=false
[Dec 14, 2013 8:44:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

ok so I really need to find the right thread one day and add it as a favourite or something...here is a portrait with the wine raven as well:

http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Pixelpixie&itemid=45203985&classic=true
[Dec 14, 2013 9:46:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates