• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2424 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

Trinkets from a lady... Reply to this Post

Last night, while on a break during a blockade, a lady asked for my assistance. She wanted to upload several (hundred) trinkets to the Yppedia, but she did not know how to do so. Since she recognized me as someone who had uploaded data to the Yppedia before, she asked for my help.

I took screenshots of all the trinkets, and I've uploaded these screenshots to an album in my Facebook page. (There were over two dozen screenshots, so that was the only place I could put them.) You should be able to view these screenshots here:

(Edit: Since Facebook messed up the images, I've deleted that album...)

These trinkets are from various boxes, many from gold boxes, others from the various seasonal promotional gift boxes. I hope someone else will be able to take this from here. If need be, I can zip up these images and e-mail them directly to you; just please let me know via private message. ;-)

Thanks!
Franklin
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Franklincain at Jun 9, 2013 5:34:53 AM]
[Jun 9, 2013 4:15:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Re: Trinkets from a lady... Reply to this Post

Please tell me these jpegs aren't the only version you have. We can't use them for the wiki, because jpeg compression is not lossless.
[Jun 9, 2013 4:30:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Actually, they should be PNG, not JPG...

Did Facebook "help" >:-/ (in the Microsoft sense of the word) by converting over to JPG?
If so, I've still got the original PNG files...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Franklincain at Jun 10, 2013 3:31:24 PM]
[Jun 9, 2013 4:34:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Oh, good. Guess it'll be easiest to e-mail them to me, then. The winter break is about to start, so I ought to have a bit more time for stuff.
[Jun 9, 2013 5:02:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Got your PM; sent e-mail with screenshots. Please let me know when you get them. ;-)

And sorry for the inconvenience. :-/

Since Facebook corrupted the files I'd posted, I've deleted that album... >:-/

Franklin
[Jun 9, 2013 5:34:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Last night, while on a break during a blockade, a lady asked for my assistance. She wanted to upload several (hundred) trinkets to the Yppedia, but she did not know how to do so. Since she recognized me as someone who had uploaded data to the Yppedia before, she asked for my help.

I took screenshots of all the trinkets, and I've uploaded these screenshots to an album in my Facebook page. (There were over two dozen screenshots, so that was the only place I could put them.) You should be able to view these screenshots here:

(Edit: Since Facebook messed up the images, I've deleted that album...)

These trinkets are from various boxes, many from gold boxes, others from the various seasonal promotional gift boxes. I hope someone else will be able to take this from here. If need be, I can zip up these images and e-mail them directly to you; just please let me know via private message. ;-)

Thanks!
Franklin

Would you be friendly enough and confirm to me if your images include the following: spring green, ice blue and banana cloth bags & cupcakes, gilded pins & signet rings & goblets, fancy hooks, courage-heart compasses, black ghost doll, hot buttered rum, sea turtles?

It would be indeed very useful and lovely to know if you have these, so I can finally stop posting about those now-removed-from-Photobucket-and-stored-in-my-computer images (and delete them).

Edit: Well doh. Include as in 'what's missing from YPPedia'.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at Jun 9, 2013 1:11:45 PM]
[Jun 9, 2013 1:07:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Just got back from visiting a sick relative, and just remembered to try another site for hosting image files...

Images should be available (as PNG files) here:
http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/fwcain/library/Puzzle%20Pirates/trinkets%2008%20June%202013?sort=3&page=1

Would you be friendly enough and confirm to me if your images include the following: spring green, ice blue and banana cloth bags & cupcakes, gilded pins & signet rings & goblets, fancy hooks, courage-heart compasses, black ghost doll, hot buttered rum, sea turtles?

For all these:
  • cloth bags & cupcakes
  • gilded pins & signet rings & goblets
  • fancy hooks
  • courage-heart compasses
  • hot buttered rum
Yes, I do recall seeing several of each. I do not know, however, if any such sets were complete (i.e. at least one of each available color), so you might want to double-check in any event.

I do not recall seeing any ghost dolls, black or otherwise. (And sea turtles are pets. I saw lots of sheep and a few ponies wandering around loose in the basement, but I don't recall seeing any turtles anywhere. Sorry.)

Hope this helps! ;-)
Franklin
[Jun 9, 2013 1:50:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

It would be indeed very useful and lovely to know if you have these, so I can finally stop posting about those now-removed-from-Photobucket-and-stored-in-my-computer images (and delete them).

Ok, I don't seem to have downloaded the ghost doll. Just curiously, though, you've seriously got so many images on Photobucket and/or your hard drive that you don't have the space to just leave them there?
[Jun 9, 2013 2:12:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Sea turtles are pets? orly?

I'm pretty sure Ladyfi's collections are as complete as they can get these days hence why I have been mentioning her and praising her kindness.

Ok, I don't seem to have downloaded the ghost doll. Just curiously, though, you've seriously got so many images on Photobucket and/or your hard drive that you don't have the space to just leave them there?

There might be other reasons for removing them from Photobucket which may or may not include the lack of motivation to work towards improving the YPPedia and/or an intention to close the account. I think it is my right to choose to do either - and offering to store them on my computer if someone wants to pick them up for later use (as I have said previously couple of times), is still a nice gesture. You don't need to murder me because of that.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jun 9, 2013 2:40:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

I think it is my right to choose to do either - and offering to store them on my computer if someone wants to pick them up for later use (as I have said previously couple of times), is still a nice gesture. You don't need to murder me because of that.

a) You didn't offer to store them on your computer. You specifically said you wanted to delete them.
b) Go have your coffee or whatever, then come back and tell me what part of my post was a declaration of intend to murder.
c) If you're done spitting in my face, you going to follow up on said nice gesture and actually re-post the black ghost doll?
[Jun 9, 2013 3:19:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I think it is my right to choose to do either - and offering to store them on my computer if someone wants to pick them up for later use (as I have said previously couple of times), is still a nice gesture. You don't need to murder me because of that.

a) You didn't offer to store them on your computer. You specifically said you wanted to delete them.

I posted above: "-- I can finally stop posting about those now-removed-from-Photobucket-and-stored-in-my-computer images-- ".

b) Go have your coffee or whatever, then come back and tell me what part of my post was a declaration of intend to murder.

c) If you're done spitting in my face, you going to follow up on said nice gesture and actually re-post the black ghost doll?

For once, it would be nice if you'd stop putting me down.

~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jun 9, 2013 3:43:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

I posted above: "-- I can finally stop posting about those now-removed-from-Photobucket-and-stored-in-my-computer images-- ".

And then added "(and delete them)".

And when did I previously?
[Jun 9, 2013 5:22:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

And then added "(and delete them)".

What part of it is causing the confusion for you? Doesn't it say "and-stored-in-my-computer"? Didn't I ask if his screenshots have the same trinkets than mine so I can proceed and delete those images (you know, there's no use for them anymore).

And when did I previously?

The, how many is it now five?, times in various other places?

To avoid being hypocritical, I'll just drop this issue here. PM me or post in a suitable parley if there's more mud to sling. Not that this part of the forums has been kept clean and I'm not talking about just the players.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jun 10, 2013 5:22:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

What do you hope to accomplish when you post something expressing your general apathy towards the YPPedia and those working on it?

Either help, or don't help, but this 'maybe I'll help, maybe I won't, I don't care, maybe I'll take all my pictures and go home because no one notices the threads I derail with my helpfulness' crap is... just that.
Do you expect the Wiki volunteers to jump and fix things right away? Within a month? A year? I'm sure we'd all love that, but sadly, it's a voluntary job and I'm thankful any of it gets updated at all.

And yes, I remember, I'm not supposed to interact with you by your request. Unfortunately, a disrespectful and condescending tone seems to be the trend lately and I hate to be left out.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jun 10, 2013 1:01:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

What do you hope to accomplish when you post something expressing your general apathy towards the YPPedia and those working on it?

Either help, or don't help, but this 'maybe I'll help, maybe I won't, I don't care, maybe I'll take all my pictures and go home because no one notices the threads I derail with my helpfulness' crap is... just that.
Do you expect the Wiki volunteers to jump and fix things right away? Within a month? A year? I'm sure we'd all love that, but sadly, it's a voluntary job and I'm thankful any of it gets updated at all.

And yes, I remember, I'm not supposed to interact with you by your request. Unfortunately, a disrespectful and condescending tone seems to be the trend lately and I hate to be left out.

I'd like it a lot if you didn't place words in my mouth, thank you very much.

Edit: I forgot to add, take it to parley or PMs with me if you feel the need to give your input that is your way of paying back your grudges (and as usual, if you want to be there to slap me like you always do).
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at Jun 10, 2013 2:07:59 PM]
[Jun 10, 2013 2:04:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

@Everyone:

Let's stop this right now. If you have personal issues to vent, please take it to PMs. The time and effort that all our YPPedia volunteers provide is much appreciated and we shouldn't tarnish it with personal discussions or innuendos.
[Jun 10, 2013 3:19:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates