• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3078 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Meehearties

Help needed with Crossed Spears Reply to this Post

So I have been collecting Plain and Fancy spears for a year and a 1/2 i reckon and to date I have amassed 299 of the blighters. I took a stab at the colour palette based on my best educated guess. You will see below i have concluded that there are 16 different mask colours and 11 different colours for the feathers and trim.

Based on this comparison it appears that some colours may not exist. For example in both plain and fancy I cannot find a RED mask with Navy feathers. So does it not exist at all? If that is the case it appears that I am only missing 3 fancy spears (those being red/purple, black/light green and gold/white). So can i conclude that the other 25 colour combos do not exist in either plain or fancy?

Here is why I need help. I have petitioned and asked if there is anyway a member of the design team could take a look at my spreadsheet and confirm if I am correct on the colour palette. This is the response that I got:

The best thing to do is probably post your query in the YPPedia Community section of the forums, http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=48. Our developer staff is pretty small-and right now they're pretty frantically working on getting YPP ported to tablets, so I'm not sure when we could get an answer for you, but the OM who liasons with the YPPedia editors there may be able to get you an answer-or it may be one that has already been answered before, and other players in that subforum can find the answer for you!

So I'm appealing to all your inner geeks to help me on this one please

Mee
----------------------------------------
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[May 31, 2013 9:18:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Re: Help needed with Crossed Spears Reply to this Post

Yeah, that both of them have the same pattern of purple is incredibly intriguing. Trying to think if navy has been particularly rare or scarce in other Cursed Isles things.

More importantly, are you displaying this (extremely impressive) collection anywhere? Please tell me you've bought a Grandiose Pirate Hall, and have covered those five-high walls with spears. =D
[May 31, 2013 4:15:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

More importantly, are you displaying this (extremely impressive) collection anywhere? Please tell me you've bought a Grandiose Pirate Hall, and have covered those five-high walls with spears. =D

You have missed out if you haven't seen any of her halls. Get her to take you on a tour :D
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[May 31, 2013 4:25:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

I certainly have almost all of it on display. I have filled a Grandiose Flag Hall and I have started work on filling a Grandiose Crew Hall. 54 large trinket cases, 32 bludgeon trunks holding fish and bottles, 50 wardrobes for the new CI mask collection, SMH furniture of all types and colours, familiars from CI and atlantis and NEVER enough wall space!

Find me on Emerald anytime you can and I will gladly take you on a tour of collection thus far. It's vast so make sure you have the time allotted to take it all in!

and thanks for the props Twittly.

The more I study this the more I think I am only missing 3 fancy spears. Heaven knows I have spent long enough searching, surely I wud have come across the missing colurs by now

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[May 31, 2013 4:39:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

It's not all that much help, but I checked what I have and none of them are your missing ones.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[May 31, 2013 4:41:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

It's not all that much help, but I checked what I have and none of them are your missing ones.

Thanks for checking!

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[May 31, 2013 5:21:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

Huge thanks to Princessmg for checking on this post and trading me the Fancy Spears in Red with Purple feathers!

2 more to go...I think lol

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[May 31, 2013 5:22:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

A debt of gratitude is owed to Jjosh for finding the final 2 missing crossed spears. I believe the collection is now complete!

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Jul 6, 2013 3:43:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

So a days work gone into it and I have 2 grids preapred for the crossed spears. Can anyone talk me through posting the grids to the yppedia pages please?
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Jul 8, 2013 3:22:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
upgrade431

*puppy eyes* post them *end puppy eyes*
-Upgradde on Cerulean and Emerald Ocean

-My words are my own, and are not a representation of others.
[Jul 9, 2013 8:09:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

*puppy eyes* post them *end puppy eyes*

Posted! Very proud of meeself...

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Jul 11, 2013 5:49:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

ok so after some rethinking do to the small nature of the inventory boxes and the difficulty in seeing colours I remade the first grid for the plain spears. I have posted it to the cursed isles, furniture, plain spears section.

Here is a preview:

Any thoughts or feedback gratefully accepted.

Anyone feel it should be linked to other pages?

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Jul 26, 2013 2:15:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

You uploaded it over the top of an image that's already used in the furniture table, you goof. =P

I've made it better.
[Jul 26, 2013 3:05:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

Thanks Bel. Sorry for my nub attempts!
I added Fancy spears as well so maybe take a look and see if I broke the website with that lol

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Jul 26, 2013 6:24:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Um. You didn't break anything, per se. =P

It's all been prettied up now, though.
[Jul 26, 2013 11:12:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates