• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1803 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

re-organize "portrait item" page? Reply to this Post

As per this topic from late last year, I've been wanting to re-organize the Portrait Item page in the wiki.

I've posted a draft version of my proposal in one of my usual spots.

I believe I've covered all existing portrait items (i.e. all those currently in the existing article), plus the few new ones I found that were not yet posted. Never the less, I'd be grateful for any spot-checking and error-proofing you all would care to give, as well as feedback on the proposed re-organization. ;-)

Thanks!
Franklin
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[May 26, 2013 12:48:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Re: re-organize "portrait item" page? Reply to this Post

The note on the foamy mug in the Experience section should now read "below" rather than "above".

Otherwise, to be honest, I don't really see that your proposal provides a noticeable advantage over what's there already.

Besides that, rather than upload missing-image placeholders, why not actually put some effort into looking for (or requesting) said images? Uploading the placeholder adds about seven steps to the procedure when you get an actual image to upload...
[May 26, 2013 2:01:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

The note on the foamy mug in the Experience section should now read "below" rather than "above".

Good point...
I've fixed this, making the three tool-using puzzles consistently referenced within this section.

Otherwise, to be honest, I don't really see that your proposal provides a noticeable advantage over what's there already.

1) Alphabetical order for sections and subsection.
2) Splitting out Eggs into their own section.
3) Adding in links (in Eggs) to respective Arrrtist
4) Removing the useless heading of "Inventory"

Besides that, rather than upload missing-image placeholders, why not actually put some effort into looking for (or requesting) said images?

I can do that. ;-)

Thanks for the feedback. :-D
Franklin
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Franklincain at May 27, 2013 8:09:33 AM]
[May 26, 2013 3:43:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Addendum...

Should "Dolls" be their own section (i.e. should they be split out from the parent section "Trinket")?

Since dolls are such a highly-valued sub-set of trinkets (especially in the case of Ringer dolls), I can see the logic of splitting them out.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Franklin
[May 30, 2013 7:40:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Whilst on the topic of dolls, should the monster dolls really be posted twice?
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[May 30, 2013 12:12:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Athilda

I commend you on your hard work and fine efforts!

Post it, man! The Yppedia has been so sorely neglected. Reward yourself and post your file.
[May 30, 2013 12:26:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates