• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2368 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Plankmeister

Question RE: Sea Green and Night Blue Starfish Reply to this Post

I have maintained a complete collection of starfish for quite some time. Tonight I was moving my display and went to the wiki as I made changes.

Lo and behold: the wiki page image reserves two spots at the end of the spectrum for Sea Green and Night Blue, though neither has a picture.

Can anyone enlighten me about this? Were they released and I missed it? Are they projected for future release? What's going on?
----------------------------------------
Plankmeister
Just For Fun / Midknight Sun
Emerald Ocean

Mumms says, "ok u win, yer amazing, yer the best"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Plankmeister at May 9, 2013 8:50:33 PM]
[May 9, 2013 8:50:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Re: Question RE: Sea Green and Night Blue Starfish Reply to this Post

I have maintained a complete collection of starfish for quite some time. Tonight I was moving my display and went to the wiki as I made changes.

Lo and behold: the wiki page image reserves two spots at the end of the spectrum for Sea Green and Night Blue, though neither has a picture.

Can anyone enlighten me about this? Were they released and I missed it? Are they projected for future release? What's going on?

They don't have images because to the best of our knowledge, they were never released or we have never seen either of them.

We do not know whether they are projected for future release.

I would take a guess that the reason they are in the color chart is that because those 2 are known colors, and that if they were ever released, the template you see there would be much easier to update.
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Squishat at May 9, 2013 10:37:31 PM]
[May 9, 2013 10:16:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I'm very curious to know if you indeed have an indigo starfish - and if you do, how did you get it? I know I know, it isn't totally related to YPPedia but at least it would give us some comfort in believing that such a thing can be found still somehow :P
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[May 10, 2013 4:52:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

IIRC the indigo star fish was obtainable through a bug in CI back in 2008. It is not available atm.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[May 10, 2013 6:27:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Fairly sure the indigo starfish was only ever released as a competition prize. And for that matter, I'm only aware of there being one.

Squishat wrote: 
I would take a guess that the reason they are in the color chart is that because those 2 are known colors, and that if they were ever released, the template you see there would be much easier to update.

That's exactly it - there's a space for those two colours because there's a space for them on every trinket grid. They all use the same templates.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at May 10, 2013 6:39:29 AM]
[May 10, 2013 6:39:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Those two are the stories I've heard about it - I can't remember anymore back when CI was introduced and probably didn't even care at that time. As well, I've heard only one ever existed and thus I'm very curious to hear if Plankmeister somehow got one and/or is the owner of probably the rarest item ever in PP history :)))))))))))
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[May 10, 2013 6:44:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Well there'd be at least 2 on each ocean, since the oceans merged. But yes, if I recall correctly it was in a SF tournament(?!!?!) once upon a time.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[May 10, 2013 7:12:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Well there'd be at least 2 on each ocean, since the oceans merged. But yes, if I recall correctly it was in a SF tournament(?!!?!) once upon a time.

That is if there is those things left anymore (players went dormant, were banned, got deleted, trashed the items, sold to someone who traded it for a chroma or whathaveyou...). I'd definitely want to know who is or are the ones that have this thing on Emerald. Just for fun...

Edit: I won't believe before I see :S.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at May 10, 2013 7:19:51 AM]
[May 10, 2013 7:17:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I dunno about Emerald but I think on Meridian Ichigokuro might have one?!?!?! Not that that helps you :P
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[May 10, 2013 7:30:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Plankmeister

As best as I could tell from research, there was never an Indigo starfish released on Hunter....whether from a bug, a comp, or any other means. Therefore, even though we merged with Sage, I still consider my collection complete.

Is it confirmed that an Indigo starfish was released on Sage?

The Atlantean and Royal Blue starfish took quite a bit of time and luck to acquire.
Plankmeister
Just For Fun / Midknight Sun
Emerald Ocean

Mumms says, "ok u win, yer amazing, yer the best"
[May 10, 2013 10:16:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

As best as I could tell from research, there was never an Indigo starfish released on Hunter....whether from a bug, a comp, or any other means. Therefore, even though we merged with Sage, I still consider my collection complete.

Is it confirmed that an Indigo starfish was released on Sage?

Alright.

And no, I don't want to buy one. I just want to see it in-game and know if someone has one on Emerald, that's all.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at May 10, 2013 4:33:10 PM]
[May 10, 2013 4:31:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

I dunno about Emerald but I think on Meridian Ichigokuro might have one?!?!?! Not that that helps you :P

My friend gave me an indigo starfish. Her friend won it in a tournament. I believe it is the only one on the ocean, at least before the malachite merge. Not sure if another one snuck in or not. I gave it back eventually because I realized how rare it is.

For the safety of avoiding her being bombarded with tells, I'm going to avoid revealing the person's pirate name, but I can assure you she won't be selling and has been dormant for a while. I think you guys are out of luck. My apologies. Hope you can track down the malachite one if there is one. ^^
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

It's disgusting how little that you try;
the existential equivalent of pink eye.
[May 10, 2013 11:01:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

My friend gave me an indigo starfish. Her friend won it in a tournament. I believe it is the only one on the ocean, at least before the malachite merge. Not sure if another one snuck in or not. I gave it back eventually because I realized how rare it is.

For the safety of avoiding her being bombarded with tells, I'm going to avoid revealing the person's pirate name, but I can assure you she won't be selling and has been dormant for a while. I think you guys are out of luck. My apologies. Hope you can track down the malachite one if there is one. ^^

We couldn't send tells anyway since she is dormant... Not that anyone expressed their need to buy it anyway.

This means that I'll keep on believing there is none on Emerald but it may confim that an indigo starfish was once available through a tournament.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[May 11, 2013 5:30:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

We couldn't send tells anyway since she is dormant... Not that anyone expressed their need to buy it anyway.

This means that I'll keep on believing there is none on Emerald but it may confim that an indigo starfish was once available through a tournament.

Just weighing in, and pre-emptively protecting my friend, as I've gotten 2mil offers on it when it was in my possession, and strangely enough people do come out of dormancy occasionally. It's weird, I know.

Also, I have a lot of the eggs you're looking for. I'll only sell duplicates, and if the price is significant, though. I think you said you were only looking on Emerald, but if not, shoot me a tell.
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

[May 11, 2013 7:44:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Just weighing in, and pre-emptively protecting my friend, as I've gotten 2mil offers on it when it was in my possession, and strangely enough people do come out of dormancy occasionally. It's weird, I know.

Also, I have a lot of the eggs you're looking for. I'll only sell duplicates, and if the price is significant, though. I think you said you were only looking on Emerald, but if not, shoot me a tell.

Feel free to send me a PM if you wish to continue this...whatever it is, mate. I don't think this is the place for it neither do I want this thread to get any more derailed.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[May 12, 2013 3:32:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

Feel free to send me a PM if you wish to continue this...whatever it is, mate. I don't think this is the place for it neither do I want this thread to get any more derailed.

No idea what you're talking about. Your signature expresses interest in buying certain eggs. I was addressing it and offering you the option to send me a tell in game about it. I have no intent in derailing anything, only attaching a comment to the end of a relevant post to try to be nice. Sorry for whatever confusion was caused.
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

[May 12, 2013 4:28:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

No idea what you're talking about. Your signature expresses interest in buying certain eggs. I was addressing it and offering you the option to send me a tell in game about it. I have no intent in derailing anything, only attaching a comment to the end of a relevant post to try to be nice. Sorry for whatever confusion was caused.

I apologize. Might have been high on spring.

Now, is it enough information of any kind, historical or..........something, to mention that the indigo starfish is known once being able to be won from a tournament but otherwise remains unknown to be found? idk something like that. Excuse me while I go blah myself.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[May 13, 2013 1:00:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates