• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4315 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Wdhaas

Question about political maps Reply to this Post

Ahoy,

I noticed that for the merged oceans there are no political maps. Here's the ocean page for Meridian for instance. However, if I look at the former oceans that were merged, I find that the political map for Viridian and the political map for Malachite are still being maintained. The interesting thing is that the Malachite political map seems to be much more expansive and actually represent the political landscape in the Meridian ocean. Is that correct? Malachite political map = Meridian political map?
----------------------------------------
Longwalt on Meridian & Emerald
[Apr 11, 2013 11:32:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Re: Question about political maps Reply to this Post

As I understand it, the same holds true for Emerald. If you were to take a look at theHunter political map , it is actually representative of Emerald's connections.

Perhaps we could insert the links for the old maps into the new pages.

The maps are actually not maintained, but automatically updated with some coding voodo.
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Apr 12, 2013 4:04:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

I wonder how the code works. Maybe it looks at a specific list of island pages, and counts flags? Because it's evidently clear that it's not Malachite map = Meridian map, because otherwise it'd also be the case that Veridian map = Meridian map, but then Malachite map = Viridian map should also be the case, and it's not.

I can see Barely Dressed on the Viridian map, though, and that's a Malachite flag...
[Apr 12, 2013 6:33:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Does Barely Dressed own a Viridian-side island, perhaps? I'm not in a position to check.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Apr 12, 2013 7:30:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Not at the moment. Pretty sure they did until recently, though.
[Apr 12, 2013 2:16:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

I think it takes also the fame list and follows alliance/war links. So if you're not on the fame list or connected to a flag that is, you won't be on there. (Or if you don't meet the size/island requirement)
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Apr 13, 2013 9:24:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

I think it probably works by looking at the islands that were in a ocean and finding which flags own them, and then working through their alliances.

Hence a flag that started in Malachite that owns an island that was in Meridian will show up in the Meridian Political map.
[Apr 18, 2013 6:47:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates