• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7092 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Quitex

Boston Meet-Up 2013 (Pre-Planning) Reply to this Post

Hello guys!

This is JP, I have heard from several pirates who would like to meet up in Boston so instead of bumping the Pittsburgh thread, I decided to create my own.

I think there's a lot of fun things to do in Boston! There's a lot of historic places to visit, the commons are super fun, there's great bars and nightclubs, etc.

To start, a date:
I was thinking something along the lines of June 14th-16th.

What will be doing
Partying, d'oh. I think we might need to move the dates forward since I am able to get discounted tickets to an exciting Friday Night Cruise (must be 21+), which will also provide admission to Mojitos which is a Latin Night Club (I can make arrangements for our section to be pirate themed)

We then could meet on the commons on the next day for a themed breakfast picnic. After that, we can do the Pirate-version of the freedom trail (if you're up for walking, we should make a reservation for a specific time) or we can simply go around the city on the tours that also provide free admission to some museums, etc. We could grab lunch at Quincy Market as well.

Or, if conditions are good, we could go to the beach at Revere. That's one of the best beaches I've seen in this area which is actually accessible through our subway system. We could stay there until midnight should we want that, the last train leaves Wonderland station a little bit after midnight and most hotels are really close to downtown.

Or, we could plan a road trip and go to the Pirate Museum at Salem, which is a 40-minute drive from Boston. I have access to a car that seats four people+driver, so this might be a little difficult/tricky.

Accommodations

If you are looking for an affordable place to stay, there's a hostal right south of Downtown Crossing which the cheapest rate is $36/night for a bed in a shared bedroom (should you want your own private room, rates are around $110/night, much more affordable than any hotel near it's location). I, sadly, can't host anyone at my residence.

Anything else?
I am sure there are other exciting things in Boston that we can do. Any ideas? :)

Contact and Confirmation
I am really looking into making this happen however I need to make sure we choose a date that works for most people. If you're interested and you think you can definitely join us, confirm with me as soon as you can by posting in this thread. The dates mentioned above can change if it's not convenient for most of you.

THANKS FOR READING!!!! :D
----------------------------------------
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Mar 6, 2013 7:19:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Velariel

Re: Boston Meet-Up 2013 (Pre-Planning) Reply to this Post

My husband and I may be heading to Boston, NYC, and Washington DC this fall for our honeymoon (two years after the wedding, lol), so if June doesn't work I'd like to request sometime in October. :-D
Tacita of Midnight.
Half blind, crippled, and Damned.
[Mar 8, 2013 4:30:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

My husband and I may be heading to Boston, NYC, and Washington DC this fall for our honeymoon (two years after the wedding, lol), so if June doesn't work I'd like to request sometime in October. :-D

OMG CONGRATS!

I love the amount of enthusiasm people are showing in this thread. :p
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Mar 8, 2013 4:33:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

I'm in as long as renovations on my house are done in time :)

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
Chaotic Neutral/Sushicide Royal/avatar by Cattrin
[Mar 8, 2013 8:04:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

Erfan would probably kill me if I didn't say I'd try to come, but June might be tough...we'll see.
Erfan wrote: 
OUR SUPER IMPORTANT LORD SHINRAI THE HEDGEHOG

[Mar 8, 2013 10:56:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

Meh. Meh? Meh.

Dunno, might be able to get a few others to come. I know Morbs is (was?) in college there, but my vacation and whatnot are pretty well spent this year. We'll see what the short one wants to do, etc.
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Mar 9, 2013 5:19:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

Morbz is still there
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Mar 9, 2013 5:55:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

You're telling me Morbz is in the same city as I am... and I didn't know about that?

Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 

[Mar 10, 2013 11:08:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gov_Marley

Boston is a great place! I hope this works out!
Ladyturner but Please Call me LT

Just me

Cobalt
[Mar 10, 2013 2:48:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Uh....JP....I told you this wouldn't work for me. Your supposed to be on the Grand Frig with Rho and I in December.

My work schedule is so nuts I wouldnt even be able to come for the weekend. Heck, with my luck and not looking at the calendar, I'd probably be working that weekend anyway.

Though, you do need to come down to visit again. We had a blast and I know others here miss you too.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Mar 13, 2013 9:07:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Boston's a reasonable day trip fer me. Anytime works.
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Avatar Thread | Finished Artsy Stuff | Sketches
[Mar 13, 2013 11:48:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com/blog    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
Mars

Might be able to swing this - depends on so many things. :)
Mars
(everywhere but Obsidian - stolen !)
[Mar 16, 2013 12:09:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

This is close enough to me that I might consider it.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Mar 20, 2013 1:52:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates