• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 19
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2854 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
coleman25

[Blockade Intent] Orca/Gaea Reply to this Post

Now that the whole ocean knows, I guess it's time to post a blockade intent! Art of War intends to blockade both Orca Island and Gaea Island this Sunday.

(I am a greenie photo editer)

When? This Sunday (January 27th) at 730am pirate time.
Where? Orca Island and Gaea Island
Why? We wanted to go after both an outpost and a large island, and we wanted to try for islands that were fairly close to each other.
Pay? Pay will start at 500 PoE/seg but will increase as the cade progresses and as defenders raise pay.
Sinking or Non-sinking? It could be both sinking, 1, or none. Let's wait and find out how the defenders play it.

Jobbing contact will be Sundreamer.
Look for jobbing to begin on the NB 30-45 minutes before round 1 begins!

Best of luck to both Booching Blaggards and Otherworld, we hope for a lot of fun this Sunday!
----------------------------------------
Crut of all Oceans
Originally from Cobalt and Cerulean

[Edit 2 times, last edit by coleman25 at Jan 24, 2013 12:08:05 PM]
[Jan 24, 2013 11:38:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Re: [Blockade Intent] Orca/Gaea Reply to this Post

BB won't defend as most of us are busy in RL on sunday. If another flag wants to play we gladly make it sinking for you
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jan 24, 2013 2:55:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zacb1

Do you have any particular plans relating to the islands?

Edit to clarify: Building Shoppes? Working to Dust Shoppes? Attractions? Tax Rate?
Zacthedragon of Cerulean
Monarch of What The Falchion
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zacb1 at Jan 25, 2013 2:46:08 PM]
[Jan 25, 2013 2:37:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jpat

Echoing Zac "What are your plans for the islands?" ...specifically concerning new attractions and taxes!

I've been following your post concerning Nu and your 100% "temporary" tax policy. The shops you intended to dust seem to be nowhere close to dusting, yet your policy continues. I own multiple shops and stalls on Gaea and am concerned.

Jeweleen
[Jan 25, 2013 5:53:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Nu's tax rates are still very low at 100% due to the REALLY low population. So shops probably won't dust. Gaea, not sure about.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jan 25, 2013 6:18:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
coleman25

Alrighty let's tackle this! First things first - Jeweleen.

I have been working really hard on the Nu shoppes, and one of them is due to dust on the 30th (I believe). Another shoppe, in which all the managers/owner have not logged on for almost 2 years, is still operating, but I've been able to pull out over 180k from taxes and me running lots and lots of minerals there. Unless they REALLY put a lot of PoE in there, I should be close to accomplishing my goal. I will be continuing to run minerals there as quickly as I can, and as soon as they run out of PoE, taxes drop back down to 13%.

And also, there's no reason to be nervous about taxes. If you read about the Nu taxes, I give 100% of what I get at the palace back to anyone who asks. Fourteen and Samjones have both come to me, and I have no issue with it. I assure the taxes on Nu are not done for the 15k increase I make a week from it.

As for the other shops on Nu, about 6 of them are owned by the flag that was there before me, Fearless Tigers, and I get the impression (although they haven't said a word to me since the cade) that they do not intend to close any of their shoppes. So I will not pursue that if that's the case.

Now as for Gaea - The island is large enough and the shoppes seem active enough that there should be no reason to attempt to close any shoppes down. I'm not sure what the current tax rate is, but I plan to put it in the 20-25% whereabouts. I do not plan to build anything new.

I hope this answers everyone's questions, feel free to post more if you have any!
Crut of all Oceans

[Jan 25, 2013 6:42:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

Even though I did agree something on Nu had to be done it is a little annoying to harass you. I dont mind that you are busy when I contact you but I mean poker? I know you send me a tell that you didnt forget about it. But when I checked later you where in a tourney and now you logged off lol. I dont know the excact time I waited but I think its 1 hr+.

nag nag nag and nag 14
Fourteen global chats, "How do monsters like their eggs? terri-fried!"
Hera global chats, "I'm muting you Fourteen for terrible jokes."
[Jan 25, 2013 11:03:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
coleman25

lol ok, i was bad last night. But I've been good about it the other times. My b fourteen
Crut of all Oceans

[Jan 26, 2013 7:28:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zeinasway

Hi,

I see people asking above about attractions but no response yet. Gaea has an Explorers' Hall which is very good for vikings and IO's because the charts it generates only fall along two routes, Wrasse to Gaea and Gaea to Epsilon. So, if you buy charts you can start at Wrasse and go straight to Epsilon and hit them all without making any side trips along third or even fourth arches. Plus Gaea is not on an interarch like some other islands with Explorers' Halls, so none of the charts generated are ever terribly far away.
If you guys win Gaea are you going to keep the Explorers' Hall intact and keep enough poe in the coffers to make sure it doesn't go dark?

-Zeina
Ryujin says, "zeina = 3 gunner... she + allitara = guns full"
[Jan 26, 2013 9:54:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
coleman25

Zeina - Yes. When I said that I didn't plan on dusting anything, and that I didn't plan on building anything new, I meant to imply that, yes I will be keeping the Explorer's Hall.
Crut of all Oceans

[Jan 26, 2013 10:26:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

BB won't defend as most of us are busy in RL on sunday. If another flag wants to play we gladly make it sinking for you

Risky move I thought Zacthedragon was going to drop on your other island.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Jan 27, 2013 11:14:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amberlynn73

Congrats Art of War on winning Orca, sorry we could not give you a better fight but Orca was only worth so much to us.

I would like to thank all the jobbers that supported us even though our jobber pay was not as high. That shows me a lot. You guys rock and a big thank you to our Flag mates and crew for your hard work and continued support.

Sincerely,

Xolicks
Captain Never said I was nice
[Jan 27, 2013 1:31:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
coleman25

Thanks everyone who came out to both Gaea and Orca in support of AoW! Thanks Xolicks for giving us a fight, as it would have been quite boring without you.
Crut of all Oceans

[Jan 27, 2013 1:54:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Grats to AoW. I hope you keep it stocked as we did until yesterday night.

Why risky? I think it's fairer to tell ppl they have to expect a flag sit or rearange their cade plans instead of being silent until the window is over and no one can drop any more. We thought this more fun for everyone.

[Jan 27, 2013 2:55:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Grats to AoW. I hope you keep it stocked as we did until yesterday night.

Why risky? I think it's fairer to tell ppl they have to expect a flag sit or rearange their cade plans instead of being silent until the window is over and no one can drop any more. We thought this more fun for everyone.

Admitting you wouldn't be around is prime targeting for Zacthedragon. I do agree it was nice of you to give the warning though ^^. I was talking about for Vernal Equinox not Orca.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Jan 27, 2013 6:59:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I didn't really think about that and don't think that someone would want a proven reputation of wanting islands only without fighting for them.

[Jan 28, 2013 2:17:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

I didn't really think about that and don't think that someone would want a proven reputation of wanting islands only without fighting for them.

That would be Zacthedragon.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

[Jan 28, 2013 2:25:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zacb1

You seem obsessed with me, am flattered :P
Zacthedragon of Cerulean
Monarch of What The Falchion
[Feb 5, 2013 12:03:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

You seem obsessed with me, am flattered :P

Knowing you blockade like a dirt bag and being obsessed is different.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

[Feb 6, 2013 7:25:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates