• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 38
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6553 times and has 37 replies Next Thread
Belthazar451

Ice and seals Reply to this Post

Time to start collecting again, woo! Here's a start:

The trinket is apparently called "jam jar".
[Jan 11, 2013 9:16:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Linkolnas

Re: Ice and seals Reply to this Post

Time to start collecting again, woo! Here's a start:

The trinket is apparently called "jam jar".

How many boxes did it take you to get this adorable seal pet? :)
[Jan 11, 2013 9:56:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Here's two different seals next to each other, I suppose they're white and ice blue.

Edit: Just noticed, it's white and ice blue indeed, as listed on the official document. Also, thanks to Sibil and Salvatrucha on Emerald for being kind and letting me take screenies.
----------------------------------------
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at Jan 11, 2013 10:56:28 PM]
[Jan 11, 2013 10:52:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

It's someone else's. I got stripy knickers...
[Jan 11, 2013 10:52:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Some more of them trinkets. I apologize for the possible messy outcome, and doubles. I left some of those wine and choco ones in there, just so that I can grumble at Three Rings. I no like the sort order. Also, thank you again to Jillie, Ladyfi and Salvatrucha.

That tiny black bar on the left side with the ice parrot sculptures...I didn't do it! /e hands eraser to the designers.

Looks like the colors are quite wintery: white, grey, navy, blue, aqua, ice blue?
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jan 12, 2013 10:41:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Notsizzly wrote: 
That tiny black bar on the left side with the ice parrot sculptures...I didn't do it! /e hands eraser to the designers.

Looks like it's part of the snowflake pendant intruding into the next trinket's airspace. That's more implementation than design, though.

Looks like the colors are quite wintery

That may be so, but what on Earth is wintery about the name "jam jar"?
[Jan 13, 2013 2:32:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Has anyone gotten their portraits done?
I couldn't resist
Kudos to whoever thought this one up
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jan 13, 2013 7:54:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

That explains the jelly jam.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Jan 13, 2013 8:03:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

From Jillie's collection (and once again, sorry for doubles but [insert excuses]):

Edit: I know the difference isn't too obvious but they are two different colors, I guess aqua and light blue. Three Rings, grrr.

~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at Jan 14, 2013 7:23:51 AM]
[Jan 14, 2013 1:27:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NikoGold

Not much of a difference between the chocolate and the ice cupcake:

Cupcake
Nikogold~ Viridian Meridian

[Jan 14, 2013 12:07:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clenito

Here is a portrait with seals :

http://emerald.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Delores&itemid=59912260

Pick your favorite for the portrait page :p
(thanks to delores and skardu)
Barbecul, on Emerald.

on Youtube

My trinkets
[Jan 15, 2013 3:15:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Parrot sculpture portrait

http://emerald.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Musicologist&itemid=59943894

The eye color is either ice blue, aqua or light blue depending on this month's palette.
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Jan 17, 2013 10:17:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Thanks, Jillie:

I have been grumbling and growling at Three Rings lately. Now I'm just complaining because of these color palettes and/or the lack of getting the color information when hovering your mouse over the item. So :/.

Edit: Here's a megamassive picture of these trinkets in sorting order, if that helps anyone. Thanks to Ladyfi for letting me know where to get the screenies to put this monster together :P. The red arrow is there to show the direction to continue (because you know, this was originally 1200 pixels in height and I suppose the max size of images is 800x800 on the forums, didn't want to try my luck...). Feel free to tell me to stop posting doubles. Because I won't. Ahahaha.

~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at Jan 20, 2013 3:11:28 AM]
[Jan 18, 2013 1:41:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Well... since this seems to have died, and they're not yet on YPPedia... NECRO! (not really, it's not even a week old yet).

Anyways, it appears as though the colors are:
white
grey
navy
blue
aqua
Mint?
Light blue?
Ice Blue

And the trinkets appear to be, in sort order:
Hot buttered rum
Snowflake pendant
Ice parrot sculpture
Silver-bound yeti's tooth
Cloth bag
Cupcake
Jam jar
where only the jam jar is colorless.

Does this seem correct? If so, we need a bunch of pictures still. To be specific, we need:
Hot buttered rum: Blue, aqua, and Mint
Snowflake pendant: Aqua
Ice parrot sculpture: Blue
Silver-bound yeti's tooth: None!
Cloth bag (yes, this is a third cloth bag, wouldn't be surprised to see them rename the plum ones): Navy?, Ice blue (if I'm reading the images right)
Cupcake (again, another one, but at least a new name): None!

Also, the sort order puts the ice ones all after the wine ones (which makes sense), but it does somewhat mix the colors on the duplicate trinket (cloth bag). I don't have much to compare against, as I've been slacking on collecting lately, but I do know that sort order goes Silver-bound yeti's tooth --> Cloth bag (chocolate base) --> Cloth bag (ice blue base) --> Cupcake, though there may be gaps in that.

EDIT: I found out from Sizzly that the sort order of Cloth bags is actually the string color, followed by the seasonal color, yuck.
Also, two more points.
1) Can someone upload the images we have to the wiki, and make the new MyTrinket pages? That's definitely not my forte.
2) Since the cloth bag can come in multiple colors, is there a way, on the "trinket" page, that we can have it point to an appropriate bag, rather than always to chocolate? i.e, Ice will point to an Ice bag, and Wine to a wine-colored one.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Edit 2 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Jan 24, 2013 4:14:10 PM]
[Jan 24, 2013 3:13:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

jlh0605 wrote: 
EDIT: I found out from Sizzly that the sort order of Cloth bags is actually the string color, followed by the seasonal color, yuck.

That's cause trinkets sort by secondary colour first, then primary. For that matter, everything sorts like that.

1) Can someone upload the images we have to the wiki, and make the new MyTrinket pages? That's definitely not my forte.

I might get to that eventually, if Fannon doesn't do it first. Or (aha, aha) Avastme?

2) Since the cloth bag can come in multiple colors, is there a way, on the "trinket" page, that we can have it point to an appropriate bag, rather than always to chocolate? i.e, Ice will point to an Ice bag, and Wine to a wine-colored one.

Aye, I was trying to think of how best to do that. Might just have to do it as a two-colour trinket.
[Jan 24, 2013 11:31:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I think I have aqua buttered rum and snowflake pendant ... but having screenshot issues...
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Feb 1, 2013 2:36:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Seals are now in the palace shoppe. Wee, navy seal!
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Avatar Thread | Finished Artsy Stuff | Sketches
[Feb 1, 2013 4:42:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com/blog    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Okay, my computer is still acting funky, but I have put the trinkets where others can see / screenshot them - in my shipyard shoppe (Banana Masts, Alkaid Island).

Also, we need new shots of all the ice parrot sculptures, now that the "bar" is gone.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Feb 4, 2013 9:36:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Given one ice parrot for reference, I could probably fudge the rest.
[Feb 4, 2013 11:54:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Again, I can't screenshot, but look in that same shoppe, there is at least one there.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Feb 4, 2013 8:00:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Again, I can't screenshot, but look in that same shoppe, there is at least one there.

I took the liberty of checking Jamesh's shoppe (Thank ye).

Here's a picture:

~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Feb 4, 2013 8:11:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Ok, finally got around to uploading the trinkets, and I'm starting on the templates (but, like usual, the wiki hangs each time I make one, so it might take a while). Cloth bags make me sad.

Looks like we're missing the aqua rum, navy parrot, and the ice blue cloth bag. Or maybe the light blue, I have no idea. I've not checked the images in this thread entirely exhausively, so if one of the missing ones is here already, kindly direct my attention. =)
[Feb 16, 2013 8:33:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Woot! Thanks, Belthazar, for uploading those. Only thing is, are you sure that the cloth bag ones for light blue and mint aren't the same? Why can't OOO start making trinkets NICE? :P

Also, aqua rum is in my shoppe (Banana Masts, Alkaid, Emerald, 2nd floor).
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Feb 17, 2013 9:43:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

jlh0605 wrote: 
Only thing is, are you sure that the cloth bag ones for light blue and mint aren't the same?

No, I'm not sure. =P

Also, aqua rum is in my shoppe (Banana Masts, Alkaid, Emerald, 2nd floor).

Oh, second floor. Pssh. I was just looking at the one on the first floor.

Edit: No, it's not upstairs. The one you've got downstairs is mint.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at Feb 18, 2013 1:52:03 AM]
[Feb 17, 2013 10:51:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Ladyfi has the missing navy parrot, and a full set of ice blue bags, so now they're all done and in the right spaces. Just need the aqua rum.
[Feb 20, 2013 9:49:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Edit: No, it's not upstairs. The one you've got downstairs is mint.

Awww, I thought it was.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Feb 22, 2013 7:33:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

These are my Ice Blue Items. The bags are so hard to tell apart!

Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Apr 4, 2013 8:06:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

That's where the eye drop comes in handy. (Color picker)
[Apr 4, 2013 1:08:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

That's where the eye drop comes in handy. (Color picker)

Not when you need to tell the difference in-game in a trading window with someone who has the patience of a 5 year old.

Also, I think all the ice blue trinket pics are uploaded, and I've posted the missing one in another thread. Squishat might be fiddling with the spring green cloth bags (I posted screenies of those, too, in that thread).
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Apr 4, 2013 1:11:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Has anyone gotten any usable images for the portrait items for these new trinkets, please?

Thanks! ;-)
~ Franklin
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jun 5, 2013 9:16:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates