• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5496 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
LJAmethyst

Maximum reserve labor Reply to this Post

Not found in YPPedia: maximum reserve labor figures for all stall types and sizes.

Also not found: a discussion of reserve labor in the article on Labor. This is not surprising, because the article is written from a worker's point of view, rather than shopkeepers, but it seems that the concept should at least be mentioned so that workers know how their badges can be used if there is nothing in the queue.

Anyway, finding the maximum reserve labor may require polling of managers of various shoppe types and sizes. It is readily available in the client interface to a manager or owner. We just need to place it on YPPedia somewhere it can easily be found.
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Jan 9, 2013 3:05:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Re: Maximum reserve labor Reply to this Post

Hope I did it right ^_^

Deluxe Iron Monger - 64/32/24 (Basic/Skilled/Expert)
Deluxe Distillery - 80/32/24
Deluxe Tailor - 16/8/6
Normal Iron Monger Shoppe - 184/184/184
Upgraded Weavery - 184/184/184

All I had access to atm. Will get more as I have a chance.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Twittly at Jan 9, 2013 3:51:15 PM]
[Jan 9, 2013 3:18:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

The maximum labor throughputs can be found here. When reserve labor was introduced, it was mentioned that the reserve limits were 8x the hourly throughput (except at 2x for tailors). The 8x still remains, but I don't know if tailors are still limited to 2x.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Jan 9, 2013 7:00:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

/e facepalms. Thanks mate! Perhaps we should move that info to the relevant pages for each stall/shoppe or to the labor section.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Jan 9, 2013 7:06:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

/e facepalms. Thanks mate! Perhaps we should move that info to the relevant pages for each stall/shoppe or to the labor section.

Probably. I've found this happened for a few random things. Doesn't hurt to copy it over to where people might also be looking for it. :)
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jan 9, 2013 9:29:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Or link to it?
[Jan 9, 2013 10:42:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Avastme1

Or link to it?

Or both >:D

The server will now reboot.
Ye crew member Avastme logged off
Avastme starts thinking how I'm still foraging then

Avastme on the Meridian ocean.

Is the YPPedia missing information or requires updating? Send me a message.
[Jan 10, 2013 4:59:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://BetaDev.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

The maximum labor throughputs can be found here. When reserve labor was introduced, it was mentioned that the reserve limits were 8x the hourly throughput (except at 2x for tailors). The 8x still remains, but I don't know if tailors are still limited to 2x.

*Pokes this old thread* cause I didn't find this info on ypp and I reckon maximum reserved labour deserves its on page. I've never created a page before incase I blow something up. :C

Call me out if I'm wrong. I told some one about this earlier and he said he didnt find this info and said he'd make the page. Then idk what happened.. ._.
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keaze at Aug 3, 2014 6:58:22 AM]
[Aug 3, 2014 6:55:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

I've never created a page before incase I blow something up. :C

Oh I had this same question answered a few days ago. ._.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=199493

So coincidence. Much wow.
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Aug 3, 2014 8:25:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

Well tbh its that and I don't want to do it either. So if anyone's interested in creating the page.. :3
I just thought this might be useful info to have on ypp
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Aug 3, 2014 11:29:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I don't think any such standalone page would be worthwhile. I think that expanding the appropriate section in the http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Shoppe_management article would be the right thing to do.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Aug 3, 2014 11:39:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
therobotdude

Sorry for not acting on this Keaze! I think you caught me at a bad time, had to go pack in a hurry so I left it for later and then forgot. :p

I don't think reserve labor needs a new page. What I would suggest is to merge "maximum labor throughput" and the new data (which would form a "maximum labor reserves" page) into the "labor" article. Each would go under a separate heading and with appropriate redirects to guide users there. This way the shoppe management article can focus on explaining the overall concept, while the labor article can go into detail about the labor etc. (Maybe similar to how the "pillage" article doesn't contain maxing tables, but how the "ship" article does).
Therobotdude.

At least 25% RBV (Robot By Volume).
[Aug 3, 2014 5:17:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates