• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2560 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Lilcracker

the YPPeadia featured article Reply to this Post

umm...so...umm...why...umm...why is the...ahem... KAW..KAW....why is the umm.. featured article on the YPPedia, "Atlantis"?

(wasn't sure where to put this, but GD seemed as valid as any).
----------------------------------------
Meridian - Minigun

Emerald - Nightbear
[Sep 9, 2012 3:01:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ladodal

Re: the YPPeadia featured article Reply to this Post

I think the most useful forum section for this would be the YPPedia Community.

The Featured Article is somewhat notoriously slow to change. It looks like it was "Trinkets" from late May until about a month ago, and then for the two and a half years before that it was "Imperial Outpost." The Featured Article can only be updated by Admins, but if you'd like to suggest ideas for future ones and help workshop those ideas, I'm sure everyone in that forum would be glad to listen. :)

(If you were dropping some specific hint with the "umming" and "aheming," I'm afraid it went over my head. The only thing "Kaw Kaw" brings to mind is, like, crows or blackbirds... and I don't recall any such new pets being released? I'm a bit confused, mate.)
Lado, Ladodal, Iara, Sequitur, and a fair few others.
Cerulean native by way of Cobalt, but increasingly hanging my hat in Emerald.
[Sep 9, 2012 4:08:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lilcracker

thanks for the information =).. thought the devs controlled website content but i guess not.

the sounds were more of a comedic thing but eh... just seemed like something that is 4-5 years old wouldnt be on the featured article is all xD.

ahh the things i do when im bored =P
Meridian - Minigun

Emerald - Nightbear
[Sep 9, 2012 4:34:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ladodal

thanks for the information =).. thought the devs controlled website content but i guess not.

Well, most of the Three Rings employees do have Admin accounts at the YPPedia, but the 'Pedia itself is a Wiki, just like Wikipedia; almost about any user can edit it. :)

Like I said, feel free to come make suggestions in that other forum! It's a fun place to hang out, and we like going over new ideas and adding them to the YPPedia.
Lado, Ladodal, Iara, Sequitur, and a fair few others.
Cerulean native by way of Cobalt, but increasingly hanging my hat in Emerald.
[Sep 9, 2012 4:53:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

(This post has been rendered obsolete, and therefore has been redacted by its author...)
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Franklincain at Sep 9, 2012 1:26:07 PM]
[Sep 9, 2012 10:58:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

I've taken over updating both the featured article and the featured art areas. I have a list of topics for the featured article. Atlantis made it in last time because I was short on time and someone had already written one. Just because something is old doesn't mean it can't still be the featured topic - there are plenty of new pirates who don't know anything about it, and plenty of old ones who don't know anything about it. *shrugs*

I'm happy to take suggestions, but I've deleted the "nominations" thread, because there's not a need to put it in a separate thread. Putting suggestions here in this one works just fine.

That said, you can suggest a topic all you want, but if I'm still the one who has to write the thing, I'll write whatever I feel like writing about. :P (or use an already written topic that saves me time, as in the case of the Atlantis one.) More helpful than suggesting something would be to actually *write* something that I can then make adjustments to and format accordingly.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Sep 9, 2012 11:23:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

/me writes an article about the awesomeness that is Fannon...

:D

.... waits for forum ban....
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Sep 9, 2012 1:51:04 PM]
[Sep 9, 2012 1:50:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Anybody want to write a featured article? You don't need to worry about formatting or anything, just do the bulk of the writing work for me as I have no time.

The only requirements is that it be something sufficiently interesting and not have already been featured.

See the archive for past featured articles here: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Featured_article_archive

The Patching puzzle might be a good topic, for one example.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fannon at Jan 6, 2013 1:58:52 PM]
[Jan 6, 2013 1:53:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I am still waiting for my article on the ocean merge to be featured. I wrote copy for it, found on the talk page. What else needs doing?
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Jan 9, 2013 11:53:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
therobotdude

Bump.

Two potential featured articles to replace the Atlantis: one on the ocean merge based on the aforementioned draft by LJ, and another one on expeditions. The former is previewed as it would appear on the main page here. Since the ocean merge blurb was drafted first, I think it should be the one that makes it onto the main page.

Feedback on how either one can be improved is much appreciated :)
Therobotdude.

At least 25% RBV (Robot By Volume).
[Edit 2 times, last edit by therobotdude at Jul 7, 2014 1:06:22 AM]
[Jul 6, 2014 11:55:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates