• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2964
Posts: 2964   Pages: 99   [ First Page | Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 283307 times and has 2963 replies Next Thread
Lotsofgoats

Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post

Oh, I had forgotten about the unvote as well. Serves me right for being lazy and just using the vote counts.

Quitex, can you just do regular totals from now on? The strikethrough threw me off.

Now then, your explanation doesn't really jive with the timing of things last night. You voted with 10 minutes to go. Your vote bumped smileo down to 2 votes and bumped firebolt up to 2 votes. That's not at all setting the town up to salvage some information -- you actually made that more difficult by contributing to a 3-way 2-way tie. It was pretty irrelevant, too, since 6 additional people would have had to vote in the following 10 minutes.

----------------------------------------
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[May 28, 2012 8:53:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

@firebolt (and to anyone else who hasn't figured it out yet) this will show you all the posts in the thread and you can use Find and "posted by username" to get anyone's posts up.

Mediums don't seem to have much luck in this game, do they? :[ Not a great ban for us (not that any ban is good for us but you know what I mean stop being pedantic).

So reading Kotetsu's recent posts I am getting the feeling he's just frustrated. But his "you're not much of a loss" post obviously points to some hostility, for lack of a better word, before people were scrutinising him so that makes me doubt my feelings on his apparent frustration.

The vote for smileo was, by admittance, a pressure vote. So why did he put smileo on his FoS list? It seems pointless to me, when two posts later he unvotes smileo and takes him off his FoS list because he came back and posted. I don't really see how smiley coming back to talk more about why he abstained is the sort of contribution Kotetsu claimed to be trying to provoke. Bunny pointed this out and he replied saying it was unreasonable to expect smiley to post in his own defense and post about other people, but then why put a pressure vote on him at all? He knows he's not going to get anything but defense and, IMO, he should have expected defense from him anyway because he abstained and several people disliked it. It seems more like he threw a vote on someone, was met with disagreement, and took it straight back off. My opinion of this is slightly altered by the fact I don't see anything smiley has done as roguey or anti-town.

Later he says he can't see much reason to vote firebolt and can probably rule them out, then he votes her anyway. I reaaaally don't understand that because if you know you might vote people you don't suspect, why would you rule anyone out? Maybe he decided to have another stab at an easy vote. It's not going to do much harm ten minutes from the deadline with nowhere near enough votes to lynch anyone. It just looks more like he's contributing on paper.

FoS: Kotetsu

I'm still watching Mrbriney but I'm not seeing anything worth bumping him up to an FoS yet. Still on my watchlist.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[May 28, 2012 9:20:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeastarX

Urgh. Sorry. They advertised the place I'm staying at as having wifi. If they mean you can connect for all of five seconds before being disconnected for the next three hours, I suppose they're right. Aaand there it goes again. Anyway, apologies. If I'd known it would be this bad, I'd have tried to find somewhere else.

Onwards.

Don't really want to go into the smileo/Furare thing too much. smileo's vote was pretty much standard for him so I don't find it particularly suspicious. The only thing that stood out to me was the speed with which it was made, and I have considered whether that was intentional to make it look like 'normal' smiley behaviour. Doesn't worry me enough for an FoS at the moment though. I don't agree with Furare's policy voting (or really, policy voting in general), but again it's in line with what she's said in the past so it's not suspicious to me either.

Sets is just... I have no idea, after the last couple of posts. I didn't really like the way he referred to Jokerina's reluctance to reveal a main in a way that made it seem more suspicious than it really should be and the jumping onto the 'Jokerina is a bit non-committal' line was a little quick, especially on Day 1 and when it could be applied to several others at this stage. I'm adding Sets to the wl for now.

Riku wrote: 
If someone comes in, posts once to say they want to abstain and first Day lynches are silly, and says nothing the rest of the Day, I'd think that would deserve more than considering him on watchlist. It seemed noncommital to me.
Something about the way this was phrased bugged me, I think because it reads to me rather like Riku was trying to push Random into pushing smileo higher up her FoS scale.

On Kotetsu - I actually thought the vote on Firebolt was quite in-line with Kotetsu's normal playstyle. That said, his recent post is berating the town and saying he was trying to salvage information while acknowledging at the same time that there were only ten minutes left in the Day when he changed vote, far too late to really achieve anything. As an aside, calling people variously 'worthless' and 'dumb'? Not helpful.

Added to the rather odd casual dismissal of Phoe earlier on, the vote on Mousebait following off Riku's arguments also earns Yasmi a place on my wl.
Rachaelj everywhere but mostly Emerald.
Not particularly Silent, but still very much a Fool.
Has now seen the Light.
[May 28, 2012 9:54:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelac

Smileo wrote: 
i can see that Tae is playing particularly hard this game with some very strong arguements, was it Tae or wrecker that said she usually hunts harder as a rogue? (just musing at this point)

I can't imagine that it was either of us, since I don't believe it's accurate.

Firebolt wrote: 
Don't you guys worry...I'm still here. My weekend was full of work trying to kill me with headaches (damn Memorial Day sales), so while I was reading along, my brain was not functioning at processing capacity, so to speak. In the process of gathering my thoughts and putting them down for a post.

I'm glad you're still here, and I sympathize with being busy, but I'm going to note briefly that you're starting to remind me of what was termed in the long and long ago as "comes when called." Too much of that sort of thing begins to look like you're trying to coast without drawing too much attention to yourself, and makes people start to think you might have a reason to hide. I look forward to your post.

Setsusa wrote: 
Mousebait wrote: 
@Riku
I had read it and I fail to see how it answers my question. The question remains who specifically is Setsusa talking about? And would he give examples.

Marinated asked a similar question and as far as I'm concerned Setsusa didn't answer it.

Bacon weave cake.

Best thing I've seen in this city yet! Today's itinerary for the lovely DC involves a trip to the White House! I'll be able to get some amazing pictures there, can't wait. And, given the confusion with my baggage on the way to the hotel they have given me a complimentary dinner and show. I for one, am excited.

Why did you decide this was the most appropriate response?

Kotetsu wrote: 
Geez, towns in these games can be really dumb. Waste your lynches by refusing (or not caring, like Mads and Briney) to vote, then when someone tries to salvage some information out of a day by stirring the pot, go and bandwagon on him. Yeah, cause it's really common for rogues to draw attention to themselves at the end of day one. Classic rogue play, that. Don't even bother reacting to the weird arguments that crawl out wondering why I didn't bother blathering about five other inactives when there was ten minutes left in the day. Get this through your heads: rogues don't need to do anything in the day to win. Town does. Get off me (unless your rogues, but I doubt all of you are).

Every word of this is an attempt to bully people into going along with you and offers no reason at all why anyone should. If you don't state your reasons for apparently contradicting yourself, people are going to question your having done so. That doesn't make them unreasonable or "dumb," it makes them not telepathic.

Firebolt wrote: 
(is there an easier way to see all the person's posts in a particular thread besides just scrolling through it?)

Since Search has been broken forever, the easiest way is to use "Show Printable Version of Thread" at the bottom right of the thread, then use "View all posts in this thread on one page" at the top right of the thread as it appears in print view. Then you can Ctrl-F search by forum name (for those with numbers appended, in particular, since those tend to get dropped), or search by join date or something in the signature block of the person you want to review. I note you followed-up with the post you promised, and I hope to see more of your thoughts over the course of the round.

Goats, to Kotetsu, wrote: 
Now then, your explanation doesn't really jive with the timing of things last night. You voted with 10 minutes to go. Your vote bumped smileo down to 2 votes and bumped firebolt up to 2 votes. That's not at all setting the town up to salvage some information -- you actually made that more difficult by contributing to a 3-way tie. It was pretty irrelevant, too, since 6 additional people would have had to vote in the following 10 minutes.

I'm going to double-check this, because I thought Kotetsu unvoted Smileo some time before voting Firebolt but assuming it's close to accurate, this is a pretty salient point.

Bunny, to Kotetsu, wrote: 
1 - There was a vote on Mousebait, who was also a low content poster, yet you dismissed the idea of voting for her.
2 - There were 2 votes on Smiley, whom you had voted for earlier and unvoted (which I questioned here, and still don't get. You said you "hoped to hear more from him" but we didn't get anymore than abstain defense, so...), so if you were truly trying to secure a lynch, why not vote there?
3 - You had an FoS on Mrbriney, and I assume your feelings on him have not changed, so why piggy back his vote?
4 - Claiming that you were hoping others would vote with you, considering that it was the end of the day, when we're nowhere near 50% and there are only 10 minutes left to deadline, is really really unlikely to produce the result you were looking for.

Or maybe Bunny will double-check it before I get there. That's in keeping with my recollection, and it stacks with the oddity around his vote and unvote on Smileo, which I see on preview that Duck has discussed. It seemed at the time that he unvoted that the whole thing was mostly done in order to have something to do rather than out of any purpose, but I didn't put much stock in it at the time, since I usually see little basis for Kotetsu's actions. Two strange votes, though, along with the recent Prosperity Move in response, bring me to some FoS on Kotetsu.
~Taelac
ROMS XVII:Vanilla Filler
Dead Thread
[May 28, 2012 10:05:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kotetsu534

LotsofGoats wrote: 
You voted with 10 minutes to go. Your vote bumped smileo down to 2 votes and bumped firebolt up to 2 votes.

When history starts being revised, you know the bandwagon is well underway. I unvoted smileo over a day before voting firebolt, for the record.
Nomura, SO of Innocent, Member of Crimson Tide, Midnight.
[May 28, 2012 10:18:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

That's been corrected several times by now, for the record. I even did it myself, with that exact quote.

You're still very clearly lying about your vote justification.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[May 28, 2012 10:23:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

Every time people talk about using the printable version of the thread, they talk about searching by forum name; Tae did it just now even though I'd just posted about it so I'm going to reiterate because this could save everyone some hassle:

Search by "posted by USERNAME" and you will get ALL the user's posts and nothing else.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[May 28, 2012 10:39:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NotJaret

Late post for my tastes but I am just going to go back on myself here. I oringally voted for dwizzles yesterday but I think I was actually wrong there. Imho dwizzles probably did the jmt on accident like most new players do. I am not taking him off my watch list I am just moving him down a bit on my wl.
Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[May 28, 2012 10:47:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clasalle

Good morning everyone. So I decided to do a run down this morning of someone who had been giving me niggles. After doing so I decided I was chasing ghosts.

I also did some digging where Setsusa accused Nalanthi of soffering from ROMS craziness after being gone from a hiatus.

I am curious though....I tried to find the answer but couldn't. Nalanthi have you played ROMS before or just other Mafia type games. I was under the impression this was your first ROMS game but not your first rodeo. I hope that made sense.

Also Talisker you mentioned Elliptic's blatant JMT that he got away with last game. Would you mind linking that? Or even summarizing for me?

I am going to clarify one thing said earlier I feel is being miscontrued. I don't agree with VOTING new players on Day 1. I have absolutely no problem with giving them a gentle HEY YOU POST PLEASE!

Now on to my 3 names I mentioned, Phaedra6 I wouldn't say is new. There could have been a lot more names yes, I was looking a list of all players. To be honest guys I get really overwhelmed the first couple Days trying to remember who the heck people are. I thought for sure I would get Kotetsu and Setsusa confused.

Oh while I'm looking at my list Furare dear you don't like to be called Fur or Rare so what then shall we call you? Ur, Are, Fare, or shall it just always be Furare? I'm just wondering for consistence sake.

Where is Prosperity toDay? It looks like her last post is 2 days ago, for some reason I don't remember her so quiet.

Now I know everyone else has mentioned but let's remember our playground rules please...
Play nice,
Share your toys,
Don't cut in line.
Lassie on Viridian
[May 28, 2012 11:11:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mousebait

I would like to chime in on Kotetsu:

It has been pointed out that he said
Kotetsu at 5:30Am PDT wrote: 
I don't have much reason to suspect Phoenix or Firebolt, so I think I'd rule out voting for them.

then not quite 2 hours later
Kotetsu at 7:20AM PDT wrote: 
Y'know what, firebolt, you really wouldn't be much loss. You've posted no content and not voted.

#Vote: firebolt

He explained it with this
Kotetsu wrote: 
Why did I do it when I did? I wanted a dramatic end to the day rather than a boring whimper. Alas, it was not be.

I'm afraid I find this explaination unsatisfactory. @ Kotetsu What did you hope to do with your "drama"?
"I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors, and I shall adopt new views as fast they shall appear to be true views." -Abraham Lincoln

I'm the cheese.
[May 28, 2012 11:14:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Kotetsu wrote: 
Geez, towns in these games can be really dumb. Waste your lynches by refusing (or not caring, like Mads and Briney) to vote, then when someone tries to salvage some information out of a day by stirring the pot, go and bandwagon on him. Yeah, cause it's really common for rogues to draw attention to themselves at the end of day one. Classic rogue play, that. Don't even bother reacting to the weird arguments that crawl out wondering why I didn't bother blathering about five other inactives when there was ten minutes left in the day.

Get this through your heads: rogues don't need to do anything in the day to win. Town does.

Get off me (unless your rogues, but I doubt all of you are).

Not cool. If you're trying to get people to not vote for you, you're doing it wrong.

I'm personally not going to at this point (although not ruling it out for later), because I think that if a rogue was to play the "Oh, poor me, I'm being bandwagoned" card, it's more likely they'd do it nicely, so as to get a more favorable response.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[May 28, 2012 11:43:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clasalle

Kotetsu wrote: 
Geez, towns in these games can be really dumb. Waste your lynches by refusing (or not caring, like Mads and Briney) to vote, then when someone tries to salvage some information out of a day by stirring the pot, go and bandwagon on him. Yeah, cause it's really common for rogues to draw attention to themselves at the end of day one. Classic rogue play, that. Don't even bother reacting to the weird arguments that crawl out wondering why I didn't bother blathering about five other inactives when there was ten minutes left in the day.

Get this through your heads: rogues don't need to do anything in the day to win. Town does.

Get off me (unless your rogues, but I doubt all of you are).

I really don't think Mads and Briney were the only ones who could be accused of not voting. I know a few people who didn't mention it, didn't address it, or just didn't really take a stance. So why we so mad at Mads and Briney?

I mean Mads avatar messes with my head a bit and Briney got a touch cranky the other day but is their a reason why just those two?
Lassie on Viridian
[May 28, 2012 11:55:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Mouse wrote: 
@Riku
I had read it and I fail to see how it answers my question. The question remains who specifically is Setsusa talking about? And would he give examples.

Marinated asked a similar question and as far as I'm concerned Setsusa didn't answer it.

I remember answering Marinated, but okay.

We start here. Note, Loathe only took last game off, so this doesn't really count, but this is the starting point.

Then right after, we get Nalanthi with this. This seemed a bit kneejerk.

You know. Looking through this, I'm wondering if I based this thought with just as much evidence from the last two games as this one. However, it is interesting to note the exchange between Jokerina and AL. AL initiates by saying he's looking at Jokerina because she has twice commented on small issues without stating a level of suspicion, while doing exactly that. Her next post is also very musing, noting things but no suspicion or feelings stated. This is why I endorsed the noncommittal statement. (Someone asked about that, I believe?). Yes, it slightly bothers me that they are hiding their identity, it doesn't truly matter in the grand scope, but it's odd. I imagine they will reveal themself after the game, and I'm fine with that.

Back on topic, Kotetsu here. Not sure why you FoS Briney, but your conclusion on Smileo is questionable. (Note Jokerina considered the same conclusion).

Oh, got to Lassie's list. Phaedra's first forum game was High Security. Jaret's is this one, Yasmi's was DBF. So, okay, one of them is new, one of them is pretty new, and one of them is Yasmi.

Kot's next post. Still jumping, but reverses on Smileo and drops him off his FoS list for....no real obvious reason.

Then I get to my next post where I think the questions originated from. No, it's not a big deal, Nal and AL have been pretty "normal" is the word, I guess. Kot seems jumpy on everything, but he also seems pissy in general. This may or may not be game related.

So yeah, some of it was Lyaka with her balls to the wall Leif is a rogue theory in DBF, and I think that may have clouded my judgement. Undeniably, Kotetsu does fall into this category, much more so than any other. Quoting all points is not a worthwhile exercise, and I leave it to the reader.

There are things that stand out to me unrelated to this.

Seastar wrote: 
Sets is just... I have no idea, after the last couple of posts. I didn't really like the way he referred to Jokerina's reluctance to reveal a main in a way that made it seem more suspicious than it really should be and the jumping onto the 'Jokerina is a bit non-committal' line was a little quick, especially on Day 1 and when it could be applied to several others at this stage. I'm adding Sets to the wl for now.

I addressed this above, but I wonder: what do I seem?

Tae wrote: 

Cause, pumpkin.

Clasalle wrote: 
I also did some digging where Setsusa accused Nalanthi of soffering from ROMS craziness after being gone from a hiatus.

No, I said it seemed like he jumped a gun with the wording.

By the way Nalanthi, I wish you success in looking for the reason for looking at me. Perhaps we can discuss it when you find it. Don't forget to look in the bathroom stalls, I always forget things there when I travel.

For such a crowded city, the sunsets are nice here. It's great to close out the evening with such a wonderful sight.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[May 28, 2012 12:01:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

SeaStar wrote: 
Something about the way this was phrased bugged me, I think because it reads to me rather like Riku was trying to push Random into pushing smileo higher up her FoS scale.

I most certainly was. If Smileo came in and voted abstain and then didn't post for the rest of the Day, I would want everyone to push him higher on their FoS scale. I found it very likely he would be coming back at some point that Day, though, so I wasn't too worried about that yet.

Smiley wrote: 
I have read back through the interchange, and see that perhaps you're right, on reflection, I have been reactive so far this game rather than proactive, I went on a mad defence perhaps even just picking out the bits I didn't like because I didnt like what you did, I have not been as objective as I need to be.

I think that if anyone was questioning what some people previously said about how pressure votes put the person voted on their back foot and having to be defending instead of hunting rogues, this shows that pretty well. I also think that my previous sentence sucks grammatically and is probably hard to follow. Sorry.

NotJaret wrote: 
Late post for my tastes but I am just going to go back on myself here. I oringally voted for dwizzles yesterday but I think I was actually wrong there. Imho dwizzles probably did the jmt on accident like most new players do. I am not taking him off my watch list I am just moving him down a bit on my wl.

Do you have any thoughts on anything else that's happened?

Kotetsu wrote: 

Get this through your head: People who are suspicious of you do not only fall into the two categories of "dumb" and "rogue".

You may look around and notice that other people who have people suspicious of them are not calling all of their attackers stupid, or turning questions back against the questioner. You've played quite a few games, if I remember correctly. It makes me pause for a moment to see that you apparently don't recognize one of the simplest mistakes people make in ROMS. I think you would have figured out by now that not everyone attacking you is stupid or a rogue -- if you hadn't, you wouldn't have gotten very far in the games you've played. I think you have figured it out. I think you're using it, along with the "A rogue wouldn't be stupid enough to draw attention like this" defense, to get people off of you and scared to attack you.

I've changed my mind. I think you're a rogue.

#Vote: Kotetsu
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[May 28, 2012 12:10:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marinated

Preview edit:
Setsusa wrote: 
I remember answering Marinated, but okay.

No you hadn't, up to that post. So I'm posting this anyway as at first glance I still don't think you've covered everything.

Setsusa wrote: 
Marinated wrote: 
Setsusa wrote: 
I still think quite a few of the players who've returned from lengthy hiatuses, haitusii? are jumping the gun to point their fingers. Maybe that's just because I think your cases aren't strong and you're poking your fingers in to try and find something which is all well and good but some of it seems like "HA, I'VE FOUND YOU ROGUE, TELL ME YOUR SECRETS" ...
I find this an odd grouping to use. It could only apply to AL, Kot, Mouse and maybe The_Jokerina so why not just mention them by name? What makes them different as a group to others? Or are you saying they are the only ones to do this?
Well, in regards to those players and it was the general impression I got from Abiona last game, and Lyaka the game before. Hiatus -> return -> EVERYONE IS A ROGUE FOR FLIMSY REASON Y. Nalanthi could fall into the above group as well, I don't see "Yeah, wife, Leif does seem like a rogue" as playing.

You haven't answered any of the questions I asked here. Who were you addressing the bolded bit to? None of the players you mention have just returned from hiatus. I would like a reply to that along with the other questions.

Setsusa wrote: 
No, I was saying that you also fall into the group of people who are playing in a game after a lengthy hiatus and could be considered in the subset that Marinated provided. Noted that you were left out, but I don't think it really says anything about Marinated other than "he forgot someone".

Nalanthi is not in that group as he has never played ROMS before which is why I didn't list him in it. Your implication that I left a relevant player out deliberately (the "he forgot someone" being in quotes) causes me to wonder about your motives for it. Especially in view of the unanswered questions above.

Lyaka wrote: 
I haven't logged enough time in the thread to make a coherent decision as to whom to vote. However, there have been a lot of posts, and a lot of those posts have been meat. I don't find it improbable that enough suspicion has accrued on one person to make them worth voting, and I firmly believe that the town cannot win if the town does not lynch, so I will raise my hand and be counted.

So you're openly voting abstain in the hope of getting someone, anyone, lynched? That's tantamount to giving a proxy to be picked up by whoever wants it. Doing it openly doesn't make it any less nefarious.

Kotetsu wrote: 
... when someone tries to salvage some information out of a day by stirring the pot, ...

I'm echoing others here but how does a vote ten minutes from deadline stir the pot, and what information did you expect to get from it?

NotJaret wrote: 

Who is now above him on your list then?

Sleepyjo - on all oceans
[May 28, 2012 12:16:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kotetsu534

It boggles my mind what people on this site consider good and bad town play. Apparently openly sitting back and doing little/nothing (see any number of players) is, in general, better play than trying to force events. How are you supposed to find the rogues if you don't make them do things*? The only way to force them to do things is through the use of the lynch, either by a) threatening their team with it, or b) tempting them into trying to get rid of a townie with it. But apparently trying to pursue either of those goals is more suspicious than sitting back and letting the day roll by (which is inherent pro-rogue).

*It isn't (simply) factual inaccuracies, weak arguments or inconsistencies that reveal roguehood, but actions, or lack thereof. Towns in ROMS, when they do lynch, to often do so for the wrong reasons (in this case "player A did something provocative - he must be a rogue!", and/or "player A criticised the town's approach, he must be a rogue!").

Those of you who are suspicious of me (most of those who've posted today, so at least some of you must be town), could you explain why you think, if I was a rogue, I would have acted how I did, either at the end of the last day or at the start of this? [I can think of plenty of reasons why rogues would act as you've done at the start of today.]
Nomura, SO of Innocent, Member of Crimson Tide, Midnight.
[May 28, 2012 12:22:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

The answers to your questions are there. In fact, two of the questions' answers are implied before you ask. To the first question, I am lazy.

To new questions, that grouping. As noted above, mainly Kot. I was of the opinion that Nalanthi had played in the past. So, if I'm wrong about that, I'm wrong about that. You didn't forget him, and he doesn't fall into the group.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[May 28, 2012 12:25:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mousebait

Yasmi6-

From this post I find this interesting
Yasmi wrote: 
there is normally (i do emphasize normally) not enough to build a case on
then in this post
Yasmi wrote: 
I absolutely feel the same way here. Though there has been plenty of "action" in day one I dont feel there is enough to biuld a case on.
Then you vote for me. Your justification for that vote is
Yasmi wrote: 
Like Riku has already pointed out, you threated to be voting for someone iddle or lurking but then did it yourself and now you re even gonne until the end of the day. Know what? I do not like that attitude

AhoyLindsay questions you with this post. Your response admits that you aknowledge the irony of your vote.
Yasmi wrote: 
she is pleased with everyone's outcome and not saying much either is just reads as a bit strange to me
So do you think I'm a rogue or don't you?

FoS:Yasmi6
For the following reasons:
1)Without adding thoughts of your own (this feels like parroting)
-you feel the same as DementedDuck
-you see what Riku sees
2)Are you building a case? Or placed an oppurtunistic vote because others are suspicious?
"I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors, and I shall adopt new views as fast they shall appear to be true views." -Abraham Lincoln

I'm the cheese.
[May 28, 2012 12:26:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Kotetsu wrote: 
Apparently openly sitting back and doing little/nothing (see any number of players) is, in general, better play than trying to force events.
Kotetsu wrote: 
(in this case "player A did something provocative - he must be a rogue!", and/or "player A criticised the town's approach, he must be a rogue!")

Simplifying arguments made against you to the point where they've lost all of the things that made them arguments does not make these arguments what you say they are. I don't think there's any way you could have actually read the posts made about you and come out with the conclusions you did -- I can only assume that you're manipulating what people have said to make it sound stupid. That would be something a rogue would do.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[May 28, 2012 12:32:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RogueQuitex

Take a break and enjoy the meme. This reminded me of ROMS, this happens from time to time. I know for a fact it has happened to me before.

Continue with your Rogue Hunting.
Co-Moderating ROMS DCXV with Rogue_JM
(ROMS XV: DC)

I'm full of the evilz.
BANZORZ!
[May 28, 2012 12:35:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelac

Setsusa wrote: 
Tae wrote: 

Cause, pumpkin.

That is not in any way an acceptable way to address me. Do not do it again.

Your unwillingness to answer questions is noted with some suspicion.
~Taelac
Dead Thread
[May 28, 2012 12:38:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Kotetsu wrote: 

Those of you who are suspicious of me (most of those who've posted today, so at least some of you must be town), could you explain why you think, if I was a rogue, I would have acted how I did, either at the end of the last day or at the start of this? [I can think of plenty of reasons why rogues would act as you've done at the start of today.]

Could you read my post here, and then respond to it, or shall I copy/paste it for you, since you clearly didn't read it, at all.
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[May 28, 2012 12:40:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Telephone wrote: 
That is not in any way an acceptable way to address me. Do not do it again.

Your unwillingness to answer questions is noted with some suspicion.

Sure thing. And, I do hope so.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[May 28, 2012 12:45:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mousebait

Kotetsu wrote: 
The only way to force them to do things is through the use of the lynch, either by a) threatening their team with it, or b) tempting them into trying to get rid of a townie with it. But apparently trying to pursue either of those goals is more suspicious

Which of these goals were you pursuing with your vote for Firebolt?

Since you asked
Kotetsu wrote: 
Those of you who are suspicious of me (most of those who've posted today, so at least some of you must be town), could you explain why you think, if I was a rogue, I would have acted how I did

If you are a rogue a poorly supported vote last minute makes it appear you are doing something.
When you were questioned about your vote, you reacted overly defensive (a Prosperity move) a common rogue tell.
As of yet you still haven't calmed down. Nor have you explained your vote, only complained about the reaction to it.

High FOS:Kotetsu

I'm the cheese.
[May 28, 2012 12:47:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

It boggles my mind what people on this site consider good and bad town play. Apparently openly sitting back and doing little/nothing (see any number of players) is, in general, better play than trying to force events. How are you supposed to find the rogues if you don't make them do things*? The only way to force them to do things is through the use of the lynch, either by a) threatening their team with it, or b) tempting them into trying to get rid of a townie with it. But apparently trying to pursue either of those goals is more suspicious than sitting back and letting the day roll by (which is inherent pro-rogue).

*It isn't (simply) factual inaccuracies, weak arguments or inconsistencies that reveal roguehood, but actions, or lack thereof. Towns in ROMS, when they do lynch, to often do so for the wrong reasons (in this case "player A did something provocative - he must be a rogue!", and/or "player A criticised the town's approach, he must be a rogue!").

I'm not sure you're a rogue. I am sure that you're an obstacle to finding them. Either because you're a rogue or because your obnoxious nature just pushes my buttons.

You seem to be flailing around shouting a lot without any real purpose. You're avoiding answering the question that's been posed a number of times about the timing of your attempt to "stir the pot". At a point when it was unlikely to achieve anything at all. It's activity for the sake of trying to look like you're hunting wabbits, and you've yet to address how you thought that post at that point was anything more than just a snide remark that contradicts a post you'd made a few hours before that. Were you expecting everyone else that hadn't voted to jump on that train of thought ten minutes before the deadline? Like we were all lurking waiting for that one brave guy to vote for someone and bring them to the same number of votes that someone else had? I mean, that's counter-intuitive isn't it?

I sense that you aren't willing to answer the questions people are putting to you, which feels more suspicious... It's like you're not really reading the points others are making.
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[May 28, 2012 12:52:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelac

Kotetsu wrote: 

I think what those of us who are suspicious of you would like to know is why you would act that way as an innocent.
~Taelac
Dead Thread
[May 28, 2012 12:57:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furare

I don't really want to be stuck explaining Day 1 forever, so I'm just going to go with:

1. I don't think lynching people who vote Abstain is any more likely to yield rogues than lynching at random.
2. But, since I don't think we should lynch people because they voted Abstain, item #1 isn't a problem.
3. My sole intent in voting an Abstain voter was to discourage people from Abstaining. No more, no less.
4. The only reason I was still voting Smiley at the end of the Day was because his response to my vote made me suspect that he might be a rogue. It's not a strong conviction, necessarily, but disproportionate responses have a tendency to set off my roguedar. It read like panic; the post here makes me consider that it might be tiredness or irritation or something like that. I'm still watching but it's not an immediate Day 2 vote from me. (You watch me, I watch you, deal? :P)

smileo wrote: 
For what it is worth I understand the theory behind Mousebaits vote for an idle or lurker.

Yeah, I don't think anyone thought that was odd particularly; it was that she'd stated she was going to vote for someone who was idling or lurking and then... didn't post much and could have been said to be idling or lurking herself.

I'm exhausted and my foot hurts so I'm not going to make a long post tonight or anything like that. Real posting will continue in earnest tomorrow.

Meh. Given what I've just read, I find Kotetsu's attitude distinctly reminiscent of ROMS X, when he was innocent, so I don't know that it's necessarily indicative of roguedom.

But seriously, dude. You're being an ass. Stop it. You should know what we play like by now; if you don't want any of it, guess what? You can always not play.

clasalle wrote: 
Oh while I'm looking at my list Furare dear you don't like to be called Fur or Rare so what then shall we call you? Ur, Are, Fare, or shall it just always be Furare? I'm just wondering for consistence sake.

I don't mind being called 'Rare, I would just rather that you spell the whole thing out first so I know you're talking to me. "F" is also acceptable. Though, really, Furare is only 6 letters anyway. :P
Amonet on Obsidian. Dracina everywhere else.

Now only mostly retired.

[May 28, 2012 12:57:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
master2482

Bad Kotetsu.
As others have said, you don't just get to go off on a tangent and decide everyone's an idiot.
High FoS here, but no vote for now.

The people about there, had they been awake instead of asleep, at other times would have seen even stranger things. Some day, but not at this time, I shall make an announcement of something that I never once dreamed of.

[May 28, 2012 1:00:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mousebait

Furare wrote: 
I don't mind being called 'Rare, I would just rather that you spell the whole thing out first so I know you're talking to me. "F" is also acceptable. Though, really, Furare is only 6 letters anyway

In my head I've been pronouncing it Fu-rawr-ree. Similar to the HOT Italian sports car.

I'm the cheese.
[May 28, 2012 1:10:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

I'm intrigued by the fact master and mousebait both posted high FoSes for Kotetsu close together and neither of them actually voted.

#vote: Kotetsu
and hopefully more people will actually vote for people they suspect.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[May 28, 2012 1:16:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 2964   Pages: 99   [ First Page | Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates