• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  


Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2964
Posts: 2964   Pages: 99   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 283303 times and has 2963 replies Next Thread
PhoenyxStar

Member's Avatar


Joined: Sep 26, 2011
Posts: 439
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Yeah I've now red and caught up a bit. I won't be voting, because there is noone that has given me ENOUGH of anything to vote for them.

I'm also not voting for that Abstain guy because of the things I pointed out earlier. The other votes are just too spread out and I plan on being asleep at deadline in 3 hours (If my calculations are right)

I would like to apologise to anyone who found my generalised statement about "condescending twits" as a personal insult. It wasn't directed at anyone, it was directed at the accumulation of everyone over the course of my playing who does the same thing.

I will say here and now - do not expect me to post in the first 24 hours of Day 2. I refuse to put myself in a position where I would be taking out my jittery lack of a thick skin on people who do not deserve it. Knee jerk reactions to things that people don't mean to be taken badly is silly. And since I KNOW I won't be in a good place, I thought I'd let you guys know not to expect me until midday Tuesday local - so 7pm PST Monday ish if my converting is correct.

Oh and Marinated

Marinated wrote: 

Duck wrote: 
Here if you wanted to find it.

Er... Why would I need to find it when I quoted it and gave the link in my post? This smacks of trying to look active while not actually reading.


I don't think that reply from DD was for you, I think it was for me - and got posted even though you'd already posted it so he couldn't be accused of not answering a question. I assume. I've done both the posting anyway and the not bothering to because someone else did - you get less flak for posting anyway from the person who asked the question.

Mousebait wrote: 
May I point out that since an abstain counts toward the vote tally, those who do so are in effect voting for anyone. If you don't wish to vote for an individual and you don't want to lynch, don't vote.


*quirks an eyebrow* May I point out that I pointed that out on the first day of posting?

I am deliberately not saying anything about Talisker's vote, because there's nothing I can say. He doesn't appear to have read the words that I typed, he has apparently read something that I didn't put in the posts at all. I can't argue about something that I didn't say because I don't think the way that he does.
----------------------------------------
~ Phoenix or Danae

Depends on the colour of your ocean really.
[May 27, 2012 4:22:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furare

Member's Avatar


Joined: Oct 5, 2005
Posts: 1339
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

I guess this is why politicians try to avoid being upfront about their policies, eh.

But regardless:
@Bunny: I frequently decide what I'm going to do Day 1 before the game starts. I was also kinda assuming that by the time the first Abstain vote was placed, nothing would have happened in any other quarter to make a different vote advisable. Mostly because that's my point; people come in and vote Abstain as a default before they've had any chance to see if it's warranted. I was kinda surprised that it took as long as it did for one to be placed, to be honest. And at the risk of sounding arrogant, I don't need to try to sound pro-town when I am a rogue. :P

I think your analogy is a bad one, though. Not lynching means you lose. Not attributing your quotes just means... you annoy a few people? Some things are less clear? I don't know. Having Abstain on the first Day as a default position hurts the town. You may not see that but it does. Not lynching means the game doesn't get the momentum it needs. It means town is waiting for the rogues to act in a way that leaves them on the back foot, eternally reactive rather than forcing their enemies to make a slip. Abstain as a default position also makes Day 1 damned easy for the rogues. Don't need to find a reason to vote; just Abstain because it's too dangerous to do anything else!

And yeah, I did kinda expect this; I've seen (and been part of) the response to Taelac's editor-lynching policy. Maybe part of me finally accepts that she's right.

Smiley, Smiley, Smiley. Let's see now.

I really have to ask if you've read anything I've said. Did I ever say that I expected my vote to "bear fruit" in the sense of finding a rogue? I think I've actually said the contrary. How was I at all interested in "studying the votecount"? You were the first person to do a particular thing that I'd decided I was going to respond to when it happened. I was very upfront about this being policy, and not implying that you were a rogue in any way. You might also notice, reading my posts, that despite leaving the vote there I had been looking for signs of roguedom and innocence in my fellow players in subsequent posts. I'm not playing the odds on you being a rogue because I never said or implied that you were.

The tone of your response is just... I don't know. It reads a little over-reactive. I'm not sure what to make of it. It feels almost a little flail-y. I don't know what I think of that, really. I'm not sure how you managed to miss my multiple assertions that I wasn't actually trying to catch a rogue by voting the first Abstain voter. I don't get why my subsequent attempts at rogue-hunting are somehow ignored in favour of asserting that I'm not looking for rogues because of my vote.

Honestly, I wasn't trolling for a reaction with the vote, but I seem to have got one anyway so I should figure out what I think of it.

- Kotetsu voted Smiley as well, for his "refusal to engage in rogue hunting". Given he says "some more pressure", he is clearly aware of my vote on Smiley but doesn't comment on it or indeed even explicitly mention it. His reasons would at least seem to be vaguely analogous to mine. It doesn't read like he's trying to start a bandwagon or that he thinks Smiley is a rogue. He could just be annoyed at Abstain votes, as I am, and there's nothing really to say that a rogue or an innocent is more likely to be annoyed by that.

- Bunny asks a question, which is nice because I'd thought everyone was ignoring me at this point. :P Later watchlists over it and seems to think that I'm trying to get people to lynch Smiley? I don't get why the magic fact that I put out a vote means that I'm somehow not looking for rogues anywhere else. I've looked at people. I've mentioned a few things from various people that I've seen that bothered me.

Bunnylaroo wrote: 
I just don't think lynching based on policy rather than suspicion is going to help the town win.

It won't. But it's not like I was suggesting policy lynching; it was a vote to make people listen to what I was actually saying. I was always intending to change it if I found something more compelling to vote on. The only good reason to place a vote that will lynch someone is that you think they're a rogue. That's not the only purpose a vote can serve, though. In live games I've placed random votes based on whim or in-jokes just to see what the response would be. (I actually caught both rogues in a game once by randomly voting Morbz and refusing to take the vote off.) Doing something different is actually one of the best ways to learn things about your fellow players, as it happens.

A vote is a weapon. But you can poke people with a sword without killing them; it's not like there's only "don't touch them" or "run them through" as options.

- Smiley actually starts here with the defence, claiming I'm "twisting [his] stance". (Funnily enough, I said he was "generally in the always Abstain round 1 camp" and he mentioned his "preferred pro-abstain line" in the same post, which just seems to be the same thing expressed differently to me.) I've addressed this post in my response to Smiley above. It's just jarring, like he's found every reason he can think of why what I did might be bad and is throwing all of them at me at once.

- Nalanthi's post here confuses me a little because... well, several reasons. One of them was addressed by Talisker here - that it's odd, after someone states what the criteria for their vote was, to ask why they didn't vote for a number of people who didn't quite fit that. I also don't like the "Yea, sure ok. I agree, starting on day 2." Because pretty much every argument you can make against lynching on Day 1 could also be made against lynching on Day 2. Abiona said last game that there was no magical point at which a ROMS game became content-rich and ready for analysis; similarly, there is no magical point at which there is suddenly enough evidence to place a vote. You get out what you put in.

Nalanthi wrote: 
Several others have stated they will probably abstain and tried to push abstaining on other people, which apparently really hacks you off but you never called any of us out on it?


See: Actions, Words, Louder Than.

- Luvessy just mentions it at the tail end of this long post; she seems to find it consistent with my usual opinions. I don't really find her position indicative of alignment in any way. I do always think Luvessy is innocent, though. I have no idea if that's because she always has been when I've played against her, but I don't feel any differently to usual at the moment.

The reactions that bother me most in suspicion terms are really Smiley's and Nalanthi's, though as previously stated I'm a little wary of the fact that Kotetsu voted Smiley without acknowledging that I'd previously done that, or giving any opinion on what I'd done. (It was, at that point, a poorly substantiated vote and I freely admit such.) Bunny I feel may just have misunderstood what I was saying? I don't feel a rogue vibe from that quarter at the moment.

riku743 wrote: 
If everyone is alive Night 1, everyone who has one has a chance to pass on their item.


The game where Talisker and I introduced items ("props") to the ROMS scene, if you were killed while holding one it just got bounced to someone else, it wasn't lost forever or anything. I didn't really consider any alternative mechanic.

Talisker wrote: 
It's never too early to start looking looking for rogues, and Day 1 is only as fruitless as you want it to be.

When I want something I think stated in one clear, simple sentence, I have to wait for someone else to do it for me. >.>

 
There was a point Friday where I felt like [Master] was pretty much straight out inventing stuff


I'm pretty sure that sort of argument or something similar was made against Innocent Master in 13.77. There are certain people against whom it's pretty easy to make arguments in most games. I'm generally wary about seeing their actions as suspicious in cases where it's consistent with how they are known to behave.

Mousebait's spectator/cheerleader stance could be indicative of roguedom, and I'm generally wary of people who say they will do one thing and then do something else. The conflating of "not contributing much" with "inactives" gives me pause, as well. (I also really liked Riku's initial response. >.>) I'm not sure I entirely agree with the reasoning for Riku's FoS; I think the problem is less "warning" the rogues what she's looking for and more saying "I'm going to vote for someone who lurks!" and then.... lurking herself? I'm not sure, though. It seems a little blatant for a rogue, but then I could potentially have caught Rogue Sundancer on Day 1 of ROMS X if I'd caught / pushed her hypocrisy in saying she would look at quiet people and then voting the (loud) Kotetsu. In the same post. (It's not quite an analogous situation, but it is still saying one thing and doing another.)

I do find it interesting that half an hour after Riku puts FoS on Mousebait, Yasmi comes in and votes there. I'm not sure how significant it is because both rogues and innocents like to know that they have support in their actions. It warrants noting and watching, I think, but no more than that.

I had been going to say that Riku seemed like he does as an innocent, but really I'd be a fool to assume that Rogue Riku wouldn't look exactly like what I'd expect Innocent Riku to look like. He reminds me too much of myself to be anything other than wary of conclusions like "He looks innocent to me". Hehe. :P

(As an aside, if people could stop calling me 'Rare when they're talking about me in ROMS it would be great; I don't immediately realise that people are talking about / to me if they don't spell my name out in full at least once.)

Okay. I didn't originally vote Smiley because of thinking him a rogue, but the reaction to it gives me pause. I'm happy with where my vote is, for now.

Suspicious: Smiley, Nalanthi
Mildly Suspicious: Kotetsu, Yasmi, MrB
Baseline: Everyone not mentioned
Mildly Less Suspicious: Tae, Talisker
Not At All Suspicious: Um.
----------------------------------------
Amonet on Obsidian. Dracina everywhere else.

Now only mostly retired.

Avatar by PokeMe.
[May 27, 2012 4:24:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furare

Member's Avatar


Joined: Oct 5, 2005
Posts: 1339
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

I wrote: 
Suspicious: Smiley, Nalanthi
Mildly Suspicious: Kotetsu, Yasmi, MrB
Baseline: Everyone not mentioned
Mildly Less Suspicious: Tae, Talisker
Not At All Suspicious: Um.


Corrects to:

Suspicious: Smiley, Nalanthi
Mildly Suspicious: Kotetsu, Yasmi, MrBriney, Mousebait
Baseline: Everyone not mentioned
Mildly Less Suspicious: Taelac, Talisker
Not At All Suspicious: lol yeah right

And I should mention that the MrBriney "watchlist" / mild suspicion is just an expression of my misgivings as outlined in my previous post here.
----------------------------------------
Amonet on Obsidian. Dracina everywhere else.

Now only mostly retired.

Avatar by PokeMe.
[May 27, 2012 4:52:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
The_Jokerina

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 20, 2012
Posts: 16
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

firebolt wrote: 
It's partly that, and partly that I generally observe what is happening before I form thoughts and post them. Otherwise most of what you'd get from me would be lots of snark. Not really helpful to the town :p
Well, not posting much isn't helpful to the town either.

riku wrote: 
You're missing the most significant part of the analogy where the person going to the boss says "I don't have any evidence" and the boss says "What evidence do you have?".
I don't really how that is of any relevance since your boss is going to want to have some sort of evidence, otherwise they'll just dismiss what you say and not believe it.

lyaka re: Tae vs Briney wrote: 
It's not that neither of them have made salient points, but fundamentally this started as a molehill and now it's a mountain.
I'm not sure how it has turned into a mountain. Tae questioned Briney's gut vote, she wanted to know where it had come from. MrBriney eventually gave the post that had triggered it and that was that. She says she is still suspicious of him, but isn't pushing the matter further for now. If she continued, then I would be very suspicious of her.

Of course you could mean the discussion that has come off as a result of it...

Judging by Goats' and Riku's further posts, it looks like I was a on a completely different page as I was talking about gut votes broadly, not just Briney's.

DementedDuck wrote: 
I meant it more like voting for the sake of getting a lynch when you have "nothing better to go on" is better later on in the game than it is at this point.
So, what's going to happen when you get yourself into a pickle because you voted for someone just to get a lynch through and they turn up innocent?

smileo wrote: 
We should all talk back and forth to one another, challenge one another, raise eyebrows, ask questions, and point fingers.
Talk about what? Because whatever the town usually talks about in Day 1 is apparently fruitless. The rest of your post just seems like general gameplay tips.

Aaaaaand, I'm not sure what to make of NotJaret's vote...

AhoyLindsay wrote: 
It's not that she's noncommital (on suspicions, not necessarily on meta) or that she doesn't want to vote yet, it's that the early phrases I pointed out seemed to be intentionally those things.
...then why did you say I was? I'm not sure what anyone gains by me being noncommital. I don't want to be pushed into a corner and forced to vote for someone I am not entirely convinced is a rogue. That doesn't help anyone, especially if they turn out innocent.

Yasmi's recent post is essentially the exact same thing riku had just posted...

Some further thoughts on smileo as I went back to do a re-read:

His defence post.I feel that he has grossly misconstrued what some people have said, either accidentally or on purpose. The keyword in Furare's quote was "generally", I think that was clear enough that she wasn't entirely 100% sure. If smileo actually read the rest of my post which he quoted, he would see I had given him the benefit of the doubt. However, I'm not sure how you can blame people for thinking the way they did when you had come in here, voted abstain and left.

I've already spoken about Day 1 discussions and I am definitely not a fan of purposely missing lynches just so we can get extra days and have a higher chance of finding a rogue. That will just make the town complacent, easier for a rogue to manipulate the town.

Then his post here. I'm not sure how what he has done so far is any better than what he is claiming that Furare is doing. My interpretation of Furare's stance is that she was going to insta-vote the first person to vote abstain because they do what smileo just did. Check in, vote abstain and disappear again until Day 2. That's not very useful and I assumed she used the vote to make them come back and talk and remove if she felt it warranted it.

#Vote: Smileo
[May 27, 2012 5:14:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kotetsu534



Joined: Sep 7, 2007
Posts: 1406
Status: Offline

Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Of those that have been voted, I don't have much reason to suspect Phoenix or Firebolt, so I think I'd rule out voting for them. Smileo... eh, I didn't like what he did, but I don't find it so suspicious as much as anti-town. Mousebait? I can understand the suspicion he's (she's?) acquired, but I'm a bit wary that he's jumped into contention at the last few hours because he broke a "promise" to vote for an inactive player early on day one. I don't find it all that suspicious - I'd probably have been more suspicious if he'd turned up and slapped an easy vote on firebolt just to be consistent. Riku? Well, I felt he was misconstruing my points (and I have sympathy for Goats' argument that he was coming over a bit strong in his defence of Briney), but I still can't shake the feeling he comes off as aggressive town than cynical rogue. Of course, I'm prepared to vote him to defend myself if it comes to it, since he's currently trying to get me lynched.

I'll vote in a hour once I've had some food and a chance to wake up.
----------------------------------------
Nomura, SO of Innocent, Member of Crimson Tide, Midnight.
[May 27, 2012 5:30:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

Member's Avatar


Joined: Mar 31, 2006
Posts: 3153
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Jokerina wrote: 
DementedDuck wrote: 
I meant it more like voting for the sake of getting a lynch when you have "nothing better to go on" is better later on in the game than it is at this point.

So, what's going to happen when you get yourself into a pickle because you voted for someone just to get a lynch through and they turn up innocent?
I expect I'd come under a little fire for it, as will the rest of the people who voted to get the person lynched. The thing is, if I refuse to vote because I don't feel confident in this person's roguedom (and please note not feeling confident in a person's roguedom is not the same as thinking they're innocent - it should go without saying that I'll never vote for someone I think is innocent just to get a lynch) I'll come under fire from a different group of people for hesitating to lynch. It's a bit of a lose-lose situation and the best I can do is pick the option that will benefit the town - and that is lynching.

All that said, I've only been in this position in the past when I haven't been reading and posting as much as I would like. I am fairly hopeful that won't happen this game.

Mousebait's "kill ALL the lurkers!" stance combined with the fact she's lurking is worrisome, IMO, and I am watchlisting there.
----------------------------------------
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[May 27, 2012 6:16:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luvessy

Member's Avatar


Joined: Dec 1, 2003
Posts: 2666
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Furare wrote: 
riku743 wrote:

If everyone is alive Night 1, everyone who has one has a chance to pass on their item.

The game where Talisker and I introduced items ("props") to the ROMS scene, if you were killed while holding one it just got bounced to someone else, it wasn't lost forever or anything. I didn't really consider any alternative mechanic.


Well now, let's slow down there a bit, friends.
What I said was "these here are ways I've seen these things work before.". I was just tossing out the idea as a possibility. Let's be might careful to it go off assuming the ways things are from the way things might be.


Now Ms. Mousebait (Is it miss? It can be right hard to tell sometimes.) doesn't bother me so much for not voting nor for poking in and out per se and looking a bit hypocritical. But I do worry some over the choice of them words... "I'm happy with the contributions of everyone so far" I think it was. Well, that does bother me some, as I think that there's more than a few who've said only a little. This is what I was saying to Ms. Clasalle. So, I'm left to wonder just how closely Ms. Mouse is following along at all.
----------------------------------------
--Mistymate


(Avatar by Sancha.)
[May 27, 2012 6:59:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Member's Avatar


Joined: Sep 9, 2005
Posts: 3063
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Yasmi:
Yasmi, first non-check-in post wrote: 
I am generally for a abstain vote in day one, since there is normally (i do emphasize normally) not enough to build a case on, however I am amazed with so much writting today.
Okay, good. That 'however' looks like you are going to vote, and you make some comments on MrBriney and other issues.
Yasmi, second post wrote: 
I absolutely feel the same way here. Though there has been plenty of "action" in day one I dont feel there is enough to biuld a case on.
Okay, maybe the 'however' didn't mean you'd be voting, maybe it just meant you were pleased.

Then Mousebait says
Mousebait wrote: 
Usually day 1 there isn't much to go on. I will not be voting today at all because there are no inactives, I have no strong suspicion, and thus far I'm happy with the contributions of all.
And you vote her? Riku had pointed out some hypocrisy, and you say you "do not like that attitude". So do you think Mousebait's a rogue or what?

Incidentally I think your avatar is very cute. :)

Mousebait does comes off as a little suspicious in the affair, but Yasmi is at least equally so in my eyes.

DD wrote: 
"kill ALL the lurkers!"
:P

Kotetsu, you forgot Lyaka in your run-down of lynch candidates!
----------------------------------------
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[May 27, 2012 7:00:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kotetsu534



Joined: Sep 7, 2007
Posts: 1406
Status: Offline

Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Y'know what, firebolt, you really wouldn't be much loss. You've posted no content and not voted.

#Vote: firebolt
----------------------------------------
Nomura, SO of Innocent, Member of Crimson Tide, Midnight.
[May 27, 2012 7:20:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luvessy

Member's Avatar


Joined: Dec 1, 2003
Posts: 2666
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

An aside - I've been reading a mite of Amish fiction of late, and I must confess that I'm starting to read "gut vote" as "good vote.". Took me a few times to realize that that's not what's going on at all this morning.

Mr. Kotetsu, that seems a bit harsh. It there any particular reasoning why ya fancy Ms. Firebolt?
----------------------------------------
--Mistymate


(Avatar by Sancha.)
[May 27, 2012 7:29:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 14, 2010
Posts: 1101
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Ahoy: I have to admit the irony of being lurking and not making much sense its what made me vote for mouse. He or she is pleased with everyone's outcome and not saying much either is just reads as a bit strange to me. I personally dont like to write novels and I havent posted that much either (but thats to news I just got two days ago which I will share soon)

In regards to my avatar i think Bunny did an awesome job. :)
----------------------------------------
Yasmi on Meridian
Yasmi/Ayani on all oceans
Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Avatar by Cattrin

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[May 27, 2012 7:36:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RogueQuitex

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 2, 2012
Posts: 132
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Day one comes to an end. Voting is closed as follows:

Firebolt153 (2): Mrbriney, Kotetsu534
Abstain (2): Smileo, Lyaka
Smileo (2): Furare, Kotetsu534, The_Jokerina
Kotetsu534 (1): Riku743
Riku (1): Lotsofgoats
Lyaka (1): Ahoylindsay
Phoenixstar (1): Talisker
Mousebait (1): Yasmi6
Mrbriney (0): Master2482
Total votes: 11

No lynch due to insufficient amount of votes.



Night actions are due today at 7:00 PM PST.


SILENT NIGHTS. DO NOT SPEAK.
----------------------------------------
Co-Moderating ROMS DCXV with Rogue_JM
(ROMS XV: DC)

I'm full of the evilz.
BANZORZ!
[May 27, 2012 7:36:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nalanthi



Joined: Apr 12, 2004
Posts: 982
Status: Offline

Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

redacted
----------------------------------------
Nalanthi - A Blatant PvPer, War Monger and Officer of the Falcon's Fury.
-Midnight (Retired)
Tamman - Head of a Merchant Empire, and Strategist of Black Plague
-Viridian (Retired)
Nalanthi - Mercenary and scalawag.
-Malachite
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nalanthi at May 27, 2012 11:29:25 AM]
[May 27, 2012 8:10:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rogue_JM

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 2, 2012
Posts: 38
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Nalanthi - Please edit out your post. This is night. Night is silent, and therefore no one is allowed to talk.
RogueQuitex wrote: 
SILENT NIGHTS. DO NOT SPEAK.
*whistles*

Edit: Just so people know (because I've gotten a PM about it) - DAY begins at 7:30 PM GT (PST).
----------------------------------------
Moderating ROMS: (DC)XV with Quitex.

We haz power.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Rogue_JM at May 27, 2012 9:33:21 AM]
[May 27, 2012 8:23:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RogueQuitex

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 2, 2012
Posts: 132
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

What is this I don't even...

It's DAY TWO! It's a marvelous day for most of us.

Randomact has been banned.
Alignment: Innocent
Role: Potion Brewer
Mafia Equivalent: Medium


Your next deadline is Wednesday May 30th, at 7:30 PM PST.
You need 16 votes for the >50% rule.
----------------------------------------
Co-Moderating ROMS DCXV with Rogue_JM
(ROMS XV: DC)

I'm full of the evilz.
BANZORZ!
[May 27, 2012 7:27:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JMRUDNICK

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 3, 2008
Posts: 173
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

I have to agree from a new players perspective that was very harsh Kotestsu. Also have to ask why her out of ALL the other possible inactivates or low content posters that you decided to vote her.. Dwizzles hasn't resurfaced after he made the comment about lynch and bans.. I have to give credit to Firebolt about paying attention and even trying.. Maybe people have scared her off, but possibly too scared to engage into the conversation, or in a way she doesn't know what to comment? There's so many factors that you should consider before just blatantly saying "She hasn't posted, voted or isn't much of a help" is rude.
 
As a new person I do have to say it's incredibly hard to make a case on an experienced player or even to spot a difference between experienced player's play style(Rogue vs. Inn). Partly in a way because I'm scared it won't make sense or I'll read someone completely wrong and take heat for it. I'm going to explain that last part a bit more: When I played my first game, I was not thrilled that Quitex came up as an innocent mainly because I, in a sense, basically "followed" both Wrecker/Luv on their votes  or even when myself was very back/forth on the vote, so, when the next Day started I knew I was going to get looked at regarding it. Regardless of status, for a first game, it's hard to concentrate and post coherently when you are under the microscope for mis lynching.  Not saying everyone is like me in a way, but they are all similar. 

Out of all the people who didn't vote you singled her out...
Out of all the people that are low posters you again singled her out..

So, I ask why Firebolt instead of Dwizzles? What's Dwizzle have to offer that Firebolt doesn't? 

Updated as to this post:
WL: Dwizzles
Low FoS: Kotestsu
Everyone else: I'm watching you! (Not watch listing, of course!)

Dwizzles is being WL, but possibly willing to vote due to being inactive.
Kotestsu mainly due to his tone and how he singled out Firebolt. This may or may not drop to a WL depending on his explanation regarding the vote.
----------------------------------------
JeanneMarie of Obsidian
Formerly of Meridian
Captain of Lion's Roar
Princess of Placeholder
[May 27, 2012 7:31:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kotetsu534



Joined: Sep 7, 2007
Posts: 1406
Status: Offline

Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Pretty obviously, Dwizzles didn't have a vote on them. The only type of player that there was any chance of people jumping onto at the end was the "low activity" variety. Why did I do it when I did? I wanted a dramatic end to the day rather than a boring whimper. Alas, it was not be.

In any event, the argument that you shouldn't go after one low activity plus non-voting player because you need to single them out to do so is really odd. I can't vote two, or three, or four, people at once. No one can. The town lynches one person at a time. In fact, the argument is so odd that it seems forced, as if you knew my vote was controversial and wanted to get the town after me today.
----------------------------------------
Nomura, SO of Innocent, Member of Crimson Tide, Midnight.
[May 27, 2012 7:45:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenyxStar

Member's Avatar


Joined: Sep 26, 2011
Posts: 439
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Interesting role to lose first.... Will miss you Randomact!

Yes I know I said I wouldn't be posting today. I'd like to point you at the AWESOMTASTIC thread however. Posting this because this time tomorrow I'll be sitting in hospital waiting for them to knock me out and cut my hand open to fix it. I didn't post about it earlier, because I didn't know about it earlier.

So. I won't be around after this post until... possibly not until after deadline. Yes I've spoken to the mods, they were the ones to advise me to post now and let you know.

Timeline is:
Doing uncomfortable panic attack inducing things today
Surgery tomorrow
Get home the day after loopy on pain killers and anaesthetic remnants
Likely still be loopy on pain killers the following day, of which deadline is Midday local time.

So would like to appeal to your sense of decency that people NOT attack me toDay - as I won't be around to defend myself. Save it up and throw it at me next Day cycle when I'll be a touch more clearheaded.

Sorry about this, they had a cancellation and could fit me in on short notice. REALLY short notice.
----------------------------------------
~ Phoenix or Danae

Depends on the colour of your ocean really.
[May 27, 2012 7:47:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jan 4, 2008
Posts: 898
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Alas, poor Randy, we hardly knew ye...


I'm coming to grips with quiet nights, because it gives me time to write a post without having fifty posts pop up between the time I start and the time I finish :D

__________________________________________________________

Furare:

First off:
Furare wrote: 
I think your analogy is a bad one, though. Not lynching means you lose. Not attributing your quotes just means... you annoy a few people? Some things are less clear? I don't know.


I wasn't trying to compare the two actions in terms of their impact on the game. It was more that I was looking for an action that, taken on its own, is in no way indicative of alignment, and I picked the first thing that came to mind.

Until I read your most recent post, I think I was under the impression that you were unwilling to change your vote, probably from having read this quote from an earlier post:

Furare wrote: 
I think Searmin made the point once that psychologically there's something harder about changing an existing vote than making one in the first place. Not voting until you know who to vote for is good. Sticking an Abstain out there until you figure out what you want to do is less so.


I would argue that if we're taking Searmin's theory as a given, it's just as difficult to change a policy vote as it is to change an abstain vote. Therefore, this gave me the impression that you did not intend to change. But, fair enough, I was wrong.

Furare wrote: 
Bunny asks a question, which is nice because I'd thought everyone was ignoring me at this point. :P Later watchlists over it and seems to think that I'm trying to get people to lynch Smiley? I don't get why the magic fact that I put out a vote means that I'm somehow not looking for rogues anywhere else. I've looked at people. I've mentioned a few things from various people that I've seen that bothered me.


This thought was prompted by the impression that you weren't going to change your vote, which I explained above. I get that it was a policy based vote, but let me break down my thought process so you can see the part that wasn't computing:

1 - Furare is voting for Smiley because he was the first to Abstain.
2 - She is against Day 1 Abstains because the town needs to lynch.
3 - She says she doesn't find Smiley suspicious, that the vote is more of a statement to make a point.
4 - She says she's not trying to lynch Smiley.

To my mind there is a big contradiction between points 2 and 4. The town needs to lynch, you're voting to make that point, but you're not trying to lynch the person you've voted for? So the vote serves to add to the overall total, thus lynching a random third party in the event that the 50% is reached? Of course, you could change your vote, and reading on I see that you had every intention of doing so if something better came up, but hopefully this explains why I found the behavior odd. It's like saying "I'm pro-lynch to help the town, but my vote is not intended to bring about a lynch!" which is just a weird thing to say.

_____________________________________________________________________________

As to Smiley, I hope to hear something other than "This is why I've abstained" from him in the future. I think the accusation that he had abstained and wasn't intending to do much else Day 1 became a self-fulfilling prophecy because he did come back, but all he did was defend his abstain stance.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Kotetsu, regarding the Mousebait situation, wrote: 
I don't find it all that suspicious - I'd probably have been more suspicious if he'd turned up and slapped an easy vote on firebolt just to be consistent.


followed closely by:

Kotetsu, in the post where he voted for firebolt, wrote: 
Y'know what, firebolt, you really wouldn't be much loss. You've posted no content and not voted.


gives me pause. Because you've just defined the vote on firebolt as an "easy" one, then you go ahead and take that route? I get that it would be an "easy" vote coming from Mousebait specifically, seeing that s/he was gunning for lurkers, but I don't get it coming from you. Especially considering that you've got a FoS on mrbriney, yet you're voting with him. On re-read, I'm not really clear why you've got an FoS on Mrbriney to begin with, other than I guess you don't like his meta on pressure votes.

_____________________________________________________________________________

AhoyLindsay, regarding Yasmi wrote: 
Incidentally I think your avatar is very cute. :)


Yasmi wrote: 
In regards to my avatar i think Bunny did an awesome job. :)



----------------------------------------
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

Avatar by Pennywhistle
[May 27, 2012 7:48:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Posts: 1812
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

I can't remember from the last game I played with him.

Does Kotetsu always turn every questioning of him back against the questioner?
----------------------------------------
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[May 27, 2012 7:57:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mousebait

Member's Avatar


Joined: Oct 25, 2007
Posts: 140
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Intended tone: Informative

Early on I posted my usual Day 1 policy. This was not a trap or promise just the way I typically vote. Because I dislike inflexible policies I said this...
 
I will most likely vote for a lurker/idler on day one
bold added

At MY last chance to post Day 1 I didn't see how my typical policy fit.

Like most, I've been busy this weekend and had limited time to post/read up. I will be posting more now that my schedule is back to normal.

FYI: For those of you who don't know me, I'm a woman.
----------------------------------------
"I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors, and I shall adopt new views as fast they shall appear to be true views." -Abraham Lincoln

I'm the cheese.
[May 27, 2012 7:58:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Posts: 1812
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Mousebait, were you attempting to catch a rogue with your 'policy', or trying to discourage such behaviour?
----------------------------------------
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[May 27, 2012 8:02:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jan 4, 2008
Posts: 898
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

riku wrote: 
I can't remember from the last game I played with him.

Does Kotetsu always turn every questioning of him back against the questioner?


Just judging from this game, I asked him a question here which he answered here without "turning the question back" on me. So, I guess not?

But while we're on the subject, I also asked him a question here which I don't believe he's answered. (It's in the last paragraph before the preview edit if you're TL;DRing me Kotetsu.) Can I call you Kote? I keep typing "Kotestu" and having to fix it :(
----------------------------------------
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

Avatar by Pennywhistle
[May 27, 2012 8:11:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jan 4, 2008
Posts: 898
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

aaaand just kidding I found the post where he did answer that last question... Don't mind me it's Sunday night and my knee hurts.

And he didn't turn the question back on me there either...
----------------------------------------
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

Avatar by Pennywhistle
[May 27, 2012 8:15:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mousebait

Member's Avatar


Joined: Oct 25, 2007
Posts: 140
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

in answer to Riku:

with my "policy"

I am trying to discern patterns. It is my opinion that to catch rogues or give FOI, some sort of pattern is needed. I can not discern any "rogue" pattern if they don't post. So I am trying to forestall this by "pressure". They will know if they don't post I might vote for them.

Also, in my only other ROMS game we lost many players to inactivity. This was sad for the town. So with my policy of voting for those who we will likely lose anyway, I seperate the dross from the gold.

I'm trying to discourage this behavior in order to catch rogues. So a direct answer to your question is: both.
----------------------------------------
"I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors, and I shall adopt new views as fast they shall appear to be true views." -Abraham Lincoln

I'm the cheese.
[May 27, 2012 8:24:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jan 18, 2009
Posts: 2163
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

 
She woke from her intoxicated state to find a shadow lurking. Her mind, unable to comprehend the world around her, went into panic. It was a place she'd never been before, no one had ever woken her in the middle of the night. She reached under her pillow and grasped the only thing she could.

Morning came, and she was found clutching a single dead rose.

----------------------------------------
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[May 27, 2012 8:26:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nalanthi



Joined: Apr 12, 2004
Posts: 982
Status: Offline

Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

I accidentally posted at night wrote: 
Leif err Talisker wrote: 
Nalanthi wrote: 
Furare wrote: 
On my vote - I decided before the game even started that I was going to vote the first person who voted Abstain.
Now it seems odd yo me that you would pick smileo to be your vote. Sure he voted abstain, but there were three people who stated that they were planning to abstain but thought that actually voting abstain was a weird way to show this. These people were in order, Phoe, Setsusa, and then me. I in fact made one of the strongest case, for the day one abstention and you haven't actually called any of us out at all. If it bothers you so much why are you only going after one person?


This was weird to me, it seemed like trying hard to generate some reason for questioning. "I'm going to vote for whomever first votes abstain!" "Well why didn't you vote for these people who didn't vote abstain?" He later riffs on this some and elaborates, but the foundation of a lot of it seems based on that basic exchange. He the says she seems innocent
Nal wrote: 
you just seem to read as pissed of innocent
And watchlists. It strikes me as leaving the door open for later. So I'm watchlisting.
Watch: Smiley, Master, Nalanthi.
Of all the people that I expected to take flack from over that post, you were not one of them. You know how... personal my politics can get.

I made a post here and here vocally supporting abstaining during day 1. Furare makes a post here where she posts almost point for point against my posts but does not mention me or my abstention. Now she says that actions speak louder than words but I know myself to know that I have abstained, I was just not voting because it is more advantageous for my course of actions.

Someone attacking my arguments without even quoting me or mentioning my name seems a little off to me. As Furare is not one of the people I have a good baseline on, I am not confident in my reading of this offness as being an angry innocent. Hence the watchlist.

As a side note, I also know Phoe well enough to now that she has really abstained but thinks voting is a bad idea. Furare says that actions speak louder than words, but to my eye, to people acted by stating a non voting abstention before smileo.

@Furare
I will respond to your post later, have to go to a picnic now.
I accidentally posted the above at night, for which I apologize, I begane the post before I was dragged off to breakfast and totally failed to realize that it was night when I was finishing it off before getting dragged off again. Trying to get these posts finished in between things is actually pretty annoying.
----------------------------------------
Nalanthi - A Blatant PvPer, War Monger and Officer of the Falcon's Fury.
-Midnight (Retired)
Tamman - Head of a Merchant Empire, and Strategist of Black Plague
-Viridian (Retired)
Nalanthi - Mercenary and scalawag.
-Malachite
[May 27, 2012 8:30:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

Member's Avatar


Joined: Sep 21, 2007
Posts: 1092
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Hi guys! I've been reading, but haven't really had time to post-working in the grocery business during Memorial Day weekend and an hour away from the Indy 500 has been roughhhh. Not to mention that I turned 21 this weekend(and I have some time to check in since we all forgot you can't buy booze on Sundays here) Also, GAME OF THRONES

I've replied once(maybe twice) since my initial post, but I haven't really had anything constructive to say. Notjaret tried to vote for me, but I don't remember him giving any reasons why or adding anything to the conversation. Kotestu is a little suspicious to me, but I'm not really sure why, other than the fact that she voted last night without explanation.

I've played real life Mafia quite a bit, I'm assuming things will get easier to figure out as the game goes on? In real Mafia, the first night is basically a crapshoot, but then you start to figure it out pretty quickly.
----------------------------------------
-Dwizzles/Dwizztwo
-Good Night (but Illuminatti forever)
[May 27, 2012 8:42:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nalanthi



Joined: Apr 12, 2004
Posts: 982
Status: Offline

Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Furare wrote: 
- Nalanthi's post here confuses me a little because... well, several reasons. One of them was addressed by Talisker here - that it's odd, after someone states what the criteria for their vote was, to ask why they didn't vote for a number of people who didn't quite fit that. I also don't like the "Yea, sure ok. I agree, starting on day 2." Because pretty much every argument you can make against lynching on Day 1 could also be made against lynching on Day 2. Abiona said last game that there was no magical point at which a ROMS game became content-rich and ready for analysis; similarly, there is no magical point at which there is suddenly enough evidence to place a vote. You get out what you put in.

So I am actually a huge game theory nerd. I built a small mathematical simulator of a mafia game with 24 people. At the start, the town could pick someone at random and lynch them. Every time, the town lynched someone, the scum gained a little weight, in that the town was slightly more likely to lynch them then an innocent in a subsequent round. I also programmed in a doctor who randomly protected people and a cop and a tracker. For each night the cop and tracker were alive, the scum accumulated a weight 1/4 of what they would get from a lynch (so roles are 1/4 as good as a lynch for finding scum). I then tuned the suspicion accumulation so the town won 60% of the games where they lynched day 1. Then I had them not lynch day 1 ( this does deny the town one day of suspicion accumulation which only happens when they actually lynch) The net result was that the town won 72% of the games. This huge jump was caused by the very slight decrease in chance of hitting a roleholder on day 2. If they held of lynching on day two it went down to ~68% win rate. This is the reason for my hard swap.
Furare wrote: 
Nalanthi wrote: 
Several others have stated they will probably abstain and tried to push abstaining on other people, which apparently really hacks you off but you never called any of us out on it?



See: Actions, Words, Louder Than.
I mentioned this somewhat in my response to Talisker's post, but the only reason I didn't vote abstain earlier in the conversation is that I thought that not voting was a more effective way of abstaining. In a live mafia game, which is what I am used to playing, what I did would have been abstaining. Likewise, I could tell that Phoe, who I have playe PP with for like 3 years was also abstaining just doing so in the way that seemed better. To make it clear, because in rereading it does not appear to be, I see what Phoe and I did to be acting, in fact stronger acts then Smileo.

By your own logic, would not stating an intent to abstain and not casting a vote at all be an even easier path for a day 1 rogue to take?

Summary and important points from my last two posts
  • I am anti-lynch day 1 and pro-lynch day 2 due to a game simulator
  • I think that what Phoe and I did were actions that were stronger pro-abstain then smileos obviously Furare sees it differently
  • I watchlisted Furare because I don't have a long enough history to judge me read as angry innocent. Looking for more data.
  • Day 2 means it is time for a full thread reread. Shoot me now.

Things I think are important and have not mentioned recently
  • Still looking at Setsusa, not sure why, working on that.
  • Dwizzles just new or JMT?
  • Need to re-examine MrB's posts something odd about the posting pattern....

----------------------------------------
Nalanthi - A Blatant PvPer, War Monger and Officer of the Falcon's Fury.
-Midnight (Retired)
Tamman - Head of a Merchant Empire, and Strategist of Black Plague
-Viridian (Retired)
Nalanthi - Mercenary and scalawag.
-Malachite
[May 27, 2012 9:07:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
master2482

Member's Avatar


Joined: Mar 30, 2007
Posts: 987
Status: Offline
Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote

Phoenyx, I hope everything goes well with your surgery. Remember, ROMS on drugs is always fun, at least according to Jolyma :P

Regarding Riku's analogy, I believe he knew it wasn't perfect. I think he was making a very basic analogy, and just wanted to get out exactly how he felt about that. It seemed as basic as:
"I don't have any evidence."
"Well, do you have any evidence?"
Going into semantics about the analogy seems a bit unnecessary, to me at least.

And to Bunny's analogy:
I get what you're saying with it, I just don't think it's very accurate. I understand how you feel, but Furare's policy vote was on something she feels is very anti-town. Yours would be over something that's just frustrating.

Bunny wrote: 
Kotetsu, in the post where he voted for firebolt, wrote: 
Y'know what, firebolt, you really wouldn't be much loss. You've posted no content and not voted.


gives me pause. Because you've just defined the vote on firebolt as an "easy" one, then you go ahead and take that route? I get that it would be an "easy" vote coming from Mousebait specifically, seeing that s/he was gunning for lurkers, but I don't get it coming from you. Especially considering that you've got a FoS on mrbriney, yet you're voting with him. On re-read, I'm not really clear why you've got an FoS on Mrbriney to begin with, other than I guess you don't like his meta on pressure votes.

Actually, what gives me pause here is that he's surprised that Firebolt went and hid, being that she's a new player who got an early vote, which I'm sure would/has scared a lot of us into our shells at some point or another. To come into a game like this, say "Hi!" and then someone votes you can feel a lot like, "What did I do wrong? Why are they voting me? What should I do?" And then just freak out and hide.
Also, Bunny, just because you're suspicious of someone doesn't mean you don't agree with some of their logic and/or suspicions.

Nalanthi wrote: 
So I am actually a huge game theory nerd. I built a small mathematical simulator of a mafia game with 24 people. At the start, the town could pick someone at random and lynch them. Every time, the town lynched someone, the scum gained a little weight, in that the town was slightly more likely to lynch them then an innocent in a subsequent round. I also programmed in a doctor who randomly protected people and a cop and a tracker. For each night the cop and tracker were alive, the scum accumulated a weight 1/4 of what they would get from a lynch (so roles are 1/4 as good as a lynch for finding scum). I then tuned the suspicion accumulation so the town won 60% of the games where they lynched day 1. Then I had them not lynch day 1 ( this does deny the town one day of suspicion accumulation which only happens when they actually lynch) The net result was that the town won 72% of the games. This huge jump was caused by the very slight decrease in chance of hitting a roleholder on day 2. If they held of lynching on day two it went down to ~68% win rate. This is the reason for my hard swap.

First of all, that's cool. Like, really cool.
However, I think we all know that just because something works in simulation, or on paper, doesn't mean it will in action. People are often irrational, which I'm not entirely sure your simulation could predict. Since analogies are popular now, Communism is great on paper, not so much in practice.

While I remember, I have no idea how I confused Luvessy and Prosperity. Maybe it was the "y" at the end, I don't know. Names seem to screw with me lately.

Also, I think The Riddler was a great subconscious pick for my avatar, being how confusing I've been this game.
----------------------------------------
 
The people about there, had they been awake instead of asleep, at other times would have seen even stranger things. Some day, but not at this time, I shall make an announcement of something that I never once dreamed of.

[May 27, 2012 9:27:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 2964   Pages: 99   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates