• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 74
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21753 times and has 73 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

Just Pillage: Oceans United! {Win LE ships and poe!}{Prizes Delivered} Reply to this Post

Just Pillage makes its glorious return for the 3rd year in a row! This time, we're going out to Cerulean, Meridian and Emerald with each ocean getting its own set of prizes!

The goal of this event is to get people out there pillaging, if even for just a week.

Starting February 19, 2012 and extending until February 26, 2012 all entered pirates will try to get as many non-PVP pillaging wins as they can! The entered crews that do this best will be rewarded with prizes!

How-to-win:
-Entry deadline: February 18, 2012 11:59:59 PM game time
-Be an officer or higher in a crew when you sign up.
-Post in the corresponding ocean thread with your pirate name and your crew's name.
Cerulean Entry Thread
Meridian Entry Thread
Emerald Entry Thread

-If multiple pirates wish to enter from the same crew, any prizes won will be delivered to the captain of the crew.
-Due to the discovery of PVP wins counting with normal wins, PVP wins will be subtracted from their overall wins for the day.
===========================

What do I win?

All participating crews:
A share of a 670,000 PoE prize pool!

1st place
Inferno Class Brig
Gingerbread Class Brig
Lagoon Class Sloop
Ancient Class Sloop
3 regular sloops
200,000 PoE

2nd place
Harvest Class Cutter
Cupid Class Sloop
Verdant Class Sloop
2 regular sloops
150,000 PoE

3rd place
Phantom Class Sloop
2 regular Sloops
110,000 PoE

4th place
2 regular sloops
80,000 poe

5th place
2 regular sloops
50,000 poe

6th place & 7th place
1 regular sloop
25,000 poe

8th place and beyond
A share of 30,000 poe
----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 14 times, last edit by Stephensam at Mar 3, 2012 12:31:21 AM]
[Jan 31, 2012 3:36:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Re: Just Pillage: Oceans United! {Win LE ships and poe!}{Enter by Feb 18, 2012} Reply to this Post

Reserved for Questions and Answers.

Question: How will you keep track of non-pvp battles?
Answer: I will be checking the number of battles by looking at crew battle records on the crew page. If you click on the word that appears here on your crew page (the word itself may be different on your page, but the text will be located in the same place), it will give you a list of your battles won/lost etc. from the past few days.

Question: And any officer who takes out a pilly during that week will contribute to the crew's overall battle count?
Answer: It doesn't matter which member of the crew is taking out a ship and winning the battles. I do encourage pirates to share the poe with the officers who are actually leading the pillages, but I cannot enforce it.

Question: Is this only restricted to officers loading a ship to pillage?
Answer: In order to be eligible for a prize in this event, you need to get non-PVP pillaging wins for your crew. It does not have to be your vessel or you leading the pillage, so long as it's a vessel in your crew that is winning the battles.

Question: Or will it include anyone who joins a pillage as well?
Answer: If you job onto someone else's pillage, it will not help you get anything in this event, but I do encourage crews to work together, perhaps jobbing for each other so everyone gets plenty of poe, prizes and fun!

Question: Will there be any penalty for losses or is it just pure number of wins?
Answer: Prizes will be awarded only for non-PVP wins. Losses and dis-engages do not have any impact on this event, though I'm sure it's more fun for everyone if you win ;D

Question: It says the competition runs from the [19th]. So does that mean you will be taking the report for the [19th] which is published in game on the [20th] as the first days scores - or will the [18th] battles published on the [19th] be the start point..
Answer: I'm going to take the data in the crew battle records for each date from February 19th to February 26th. So the data published in-game on the 20th that says "2-19" on it is what I'm using as the starting data.

Question: I remember in the last Just Pillage everyone earned poe per win, is that still part of the event?
Answer: Afraid not. This time, I've created a prize pool and that's the amount of poe that will be given out in this event.

Question: Are these prizes for the top pillagers overall, or does each ocean get its own set of prizes?
Answer: Each ocean gets its own set of prizes.

Question: Do I have to be set to pillage for my wins to count?
Answer: Nope! Any non-PVP sea battle win will count.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Stephensam at Feb 1, 2012 4:53:20 PM]
[Jan 31, 2012 3:38:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Re: Just Pillage: Oceans United! {Win LE ships and poe!}{Enter by Feb 18, 2012} Reply to this Post

Another great event Sam! Thanks for running it. :D
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Jan 31, 2012 7:03:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amyrosee

A great idea! I will be taking part for sure!
Amyrosee
Sage ocean now to be Emerald.

Hera says, "Amyrosee = SCARY"
[Jan 31, 2012 11:53:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Reddress

yay prizes ^^

i have two questions - is the prizes set under "1st place" "2nd place" and so forth are will given all to same single crew? (just making sure i got it right)

and, if a crew wins the first place, to he allow to switch one of his is prizes with a prize from lower place?
for example, do the first place can switch the lagoon sloop with the phantom sloop from 3rd place?
[Feb 1, 2012 1:09:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

is the prizes set under "1st place" "2nd place" and so forth are will given all to same single crew? (just making sure i got it right)
Yes. Everything under 1st place will be given to the first place crew.

if a crew wins the first place, to he allow to switch one of his is prizes with a prize from lower place
for example, do the first place can switch the lagoon sloop with the phantom sloop from 3rd place?

Nope. The winners get their placement prize as it as written. If they want to trade any of their ships for lower prizes, they'll have to deal with the crew that wins that placement.
[Feb 1, 2012 1:53:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Reddress

Starting February 19, 2011 and extending until February 26, 2011 all entered pirates will try to get as many non-PVP pillaging wins as they can! The entered crews that do this best will be rewarded with prizes!

don't you mean 2012? :D

and another Question, do fight outside from pilly count as well?
(for example, on the way back from SMH)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Reddress at Feb 1, 2012 5:42:29 AM]
[Feb 1, 2012 5:37:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

don't you mean 2012? :D

Yep, fixed >.<

and another Question, do fight outside from pilly count as well?
(for example, on the way back from SMH)

Yes. The ship does not have to be set to pillage to get non-pvp sea battle wins.
[Feb 1, 2012 4:51:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

If I'm correct, I believe pvp wins was found to be included in the winning battles when this event was run last time. Will the figure you look at be (Wins-PvP Wins)?
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Feb 1, 2012 9:03:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

If I'm correct, I believe pvp wins was found to be included in the winning battles when this event was run last time. Will the figure you look at be (Wins-PvP Wins)?

Yes. I think I said that in the original post as this was discovered in the "Pillage 'til ye drop" event. It will be Wins - PVP Wins.
[Feb 1, 2012 9:59:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
vietnampirat

-If multiple pirates wish to enter from the same crew, any prizes won will be delivered to the captain of the crew.

-Say we have like Pillagers like 24/7, But Only I Entered, how will that work?
-Will You be counting the TOTAL amount for the day[minus the PVPs] and Determine the Crew with the MOST Wins in that 7 Days, Right?
-And No Captain, Only a Group of SO's <-- Is this only needed for multiple entries?
[Feb 2, 2012 8:42:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

-Say we have like Pillagers like 24/7, But Only I Entered, how will that work?
Crews should be an honorable group, but if there is any dispute over who gets the prize, they'll go to the highest ranking pirate (A captain or SO).

-Will You be counting the TOTAL amount for the day[minus the PVPs] and Determine the Crew with the MOST Wins in that 7 Days, Right?

It actually ends up being 8 total days of results, but yes, the crew that has the most wins (minus the PVP wins). Remeber that Cerulean, Meridian and Emerald are not competing with each other, they each have their own set of prizes.

-And No Captain, Only a Group of SO's <-- Is this only needed for multiple entries?

If multiple pirates enter from the same crew and there is no Captain, the prize will go to one of the SO's.
[Feb 3, 2012 2:17:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Imamuppet

It actually ends up being 8 total days of results

You say 8 days, which 8 days data is that?
I wouldn't normally be so pedantic about this kinda thing, but i'm away for the bulk of the competition so i'm trying to work out which days that im home count for the scores
Imamuppet
[Feb 5, 2012 6:27:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

February 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd,
...............23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th
[Feb 5, 2012 7:28:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
jmrissaved

Im confused about the thing saying if 2 or more people enter then prizes go to captain but if I enter and anyone in crew pillaging counts then no one else needs to enter. Why mention 2 people entering if everyone in crew counts toward the contest and the 1 person who entered?

If Im reading this right, I can enter for my crew and anyone in my crew that pillages and wins non pvp battles ; they all count toward my crew score. And If I were to win then the prizes go to me and Up to me to share with crew or etc.

However, does this mean monster hunts etc count? Or is it strictly regular pillages?

Ghostfeather
Meridian
Ghostfeather on Meridian

Proud to be part of the best crew Greekfire
[Feb 8, 2012 2:47:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Im confused about the thing saying if 2 or more people enter then prizes go to captain but if I enter and anyone in crew pillaging counts then no one else needs to enter. Why mention 2 people entering if everyone in crew counts toward the contest and the 1 person who entered?

If Im reading this right, I can enter for my crew and anyone in my crew that pillages and wins non pvp battles ; they all count toward my crew score. And If I were to win then the prizes go to me and Up to me to share with crew or etc.

I expect crews to have some level of honor and decency. If you sign up for this event and have 10 other officers win all the battles for your crew, I expect you to do the right thing. The reason I mention if more than one pirate signing up that prizes will go to the Captain is to end any disputes over who gets prizes. Of everyone in a crew, I believe that the captain should be the most trustworthy and honorable one because if they're not, then why would anyone be in their crew to begin with.

However, does this mean monster hunts etc count? Or is it strictly regular pillages?
It's strictly regular pillages. If you check out the Questions and Answers post directly below the original post you can get a better idea of how the specifics work.
[Feb 8, 2012 9:17:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Pongsak

Does the captain need to sign-up only then the crew can join the competition or do we have to sign up individually to join the competition?
Joanneling - Meridian
Senior Officer of Your Junk In Mai Trunk
[Feb 13, 2012 7:55:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Does the captain need to sign-up only then the crew can join the competition or do we have to sign up individually to join the competition?

Any officer can sign up for their crew. If more than 1 officer signs up, prizes will go to the most senior signed up member or the captain.
[Feb 13, 2012 11:12:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Still have a few days left to sign up! I'd like to thank the 95 crews signed up so far and wanted to announce that I'll be adding at least 1 bonus prize on each ocean for a secret criteria!
[Feb 14, 2012 5:05:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
beeeeeeeee

so are you saying whoever takes part in this gets 30k? when you said 30k and beyond and what happens if someone attacks an alts crew?
Battles-Emerald Oceon
4+ yr Started on colbalt.
[Feb 16, 2012 7:17:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

so are you saying whoever takes part in this gets 30k

"A share of 30,000 poe" means that each crew that participates that doesn't place in the top 7 will get some amount of the 30,000 poe. For example, the crew with the 8th most non-PVP wins might end up getting 15,000 poe and a crew that won 1 non-PVP battle might get like 200 poe. These are just examples and will depend on the amount of wins.

what happens if someone attacks an alts crew?

I really don't understand what you're asking here...
Edit: This event only awards those who get non-PVP wins. Feel free to attack an alt's crew for as many PVP wins as you want, they won't get you any credit for this event.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Feb 16, 2012 4:24:54 PM]
[Feb 16, 2012 4:22:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
uni123

This is going to be so much fun :)

Just curious, will there be preference to win numbers? I mean, will a sloop manned by 2 pirates win and a brig manned by 16 pirates win be counted as equal? This might be a dumb question, but I haven't found the answer anywhere.
Bless on Emerald
Generally congenial person.
[Feb 16, 2012 4:27:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
birdsagain

Whydar Captain of Slaves of the Sea
[Feb 16, 2012 5:03:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Just curious, will there be preference to win numbers? I mean, will a sloop manned by 2 pirates win and a brig manned by 16 pirates win be counted as equal? This might be a dumb question, but I haven't found the answer anywhere.
Due to the simplicity of this event, any size crew can be used. A solo-manned Sloop counts just as much as a full Grand Frig.

Whydar Captain of Slaves of the Sea
I'm not sure, but I think this is the thread you're looking for (assuming you're from Meridian). All registrations need to happen in their designated ocean threads please.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Feb 16, 2012 6:47:37 PM]
[Feb 16, 2012 6:43:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Taytaytatty

Does wins in the "battle brigands with the navy" mission count towards the total?

Also asking this on behalf of Khalodaa - do wins in a greeter pillage count?
Native of Malachite

Ye have received 1 piece of eight from Asuras.
Asuras says, "tay for normal clothes :P not for alkohol xD"

Flag Website
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Taytaytatty at Feb 17, 2012 11:37:50 AM]
[Feb 17, 2012 6:08:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Does wins in the "battle brigands with the navy" mission count towards the total?
I don't know the answer to this one straight away, but I'll do a test and get back to you. If someone else knows the answer, feel free to post.

do wins in a greeter pillage count?
If I recall correctly, these do count towards the total.
[Feb 17, 2012 12:46:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

I don't know the answer to this one straight away, but I'll do a test and get back to you. If someone else knows the answer, feel free to post.

I'm going to guess no because you aren't on your crew's ship.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Feb 17, 2012 2:06:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I'm going to guess no because you aren't on your crew's ship.

Oh yeah! I knew that I should've known that. Battle brigands with the navy will not score for your crew in this event.
[Feb 17, 2012 3:59:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Taytaytatty

Thanks mates :)
Native of Malachite

Ye have received 1 piece of eight from Asuras.
Asuras says, "tay for normal clothes :P not for alkohol xD"

Flag Website
[Feb 17, 2012 8:44:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

As we renamed our crew yesterday, did an edit in the entry thread be enough or should i do a new post?
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Feb 18, 2012 12:17:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates