• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 69
Posts: 69   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13844 times and has 68 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

Nyan Cat Crafting Cavalcade! -- Six puzzles, Six familiars {Finished!} Reply to this Post

Artwork by the lovely Misscee

The Preface:
Who doesn't love Nyan Cat? Well, Nyan cat's wonder has inspired me to run a old-style crafting bakeoff for each color of Nyan cat's wonderful rainbow tail!

This event will deliver prizes to any of the production oceans, but will be run from the wonderful Cerulean Ocean!

The Schedule:
Sunday, February 12th: Blacksmithing for a tan/red parrot
Monday, February 13th: Weaving for an tan/orange parrot
Tuesday, February 14th: Foraging for a tan/yellow parrot
Wednesday, February 15th: Alchemistry for a tan/lime parrot
Thursday, February 16th: Nothing!
Friday, February 17th: Distilling for a tan/blue parrot
Saturday, February 18th: Shipwrighting for a tan/purple parrot

Monday, February 20th: Weaving for an tan/orange parrot

crappy copy-paste work by Stevensam

The Rules:
(rules and guidelines are modeled after the events run by Bia in 2005-2006)
Joining
* You must log on a character who is ranked Novice/Able at all puzzles, as well as having no trophies for puzzles (this includes token trophies, incredible plaques, ultimate trophies, etc.)
* Jobbing for the event starts at 12:45 PM game time.
* In order to be jobbed, send a tell to Poebarker with the name of your main pirate.
* Make sure that your Do Not Disturb is off and please be patient.
* You will then be jobbed aboard the Lime Emperor.
* All pirates who are jobbed aboard are required to stay on board, or you will be disqualified from the event and removed from the jobbing crew.
* You must also remain jobbed into the crew throughout the duration of the event.

Stat checking:
* Fifteen minutes before the event starts (1:45 PM game time), jobbing will stop. During this time, the stats of every pirate on board will be checked.
* It is suggested that everyone participates in this checking process.
* Any player found to have any stats above Novice/Able and/or any trophies indicating playing of any puzzles will be disqualified.

Competition begins!:
* At 2:00 PM game time, Poebarker will announce "Go". Until that point, no pirate is allowed to leave the ship.
* Should anyone say "Go" or otherwise indicate that it is time to begin, that person will be disqualified.
* Once Poebarker announced the start of the event, find your way to a stall (or ship for Foraging) and begin puzzling.**
* Each competition will last for 90 minutes and end at 3:30 PM game time.
* For each increase in your ocean-wide rank send a tell to Poebarker stating the rank you have achieved. I will check this, note the time, and send a confirmation response.
* Each tell will be logged, so even if there is a slight delay in my response, your tell will be received.
* No tells are needed when you increase the Archipelago-wide rank or experience rank.
* Throughout the event, Poebarker will announce the remaining time periodically.
* Once the time is up, Poebarker will call the end of the event. Any tells sent in after this point will not count.
* Pirates are then asked to re-board the Lime Emperor.
* Players will be ranked according to who reached the highest rank the fastest.

**(For foraging, pirates may stay aboard the Lime Emperor, or move to a different ship of their choice).

Prize distribution:
Once a bake-off has concluded and pirates come back aboard the ship, I will announce the winners. I will need the winners to tell me the ocean and pirate they wish to receive their prize(s) on. The Ocean Masters will then magic the prizes to the winners' inventories.

The Prizes:
Each of the six bake-offs have the following prizes:
1st place: Tan/{color} Parrot and a Fancy Ribbon Trinket.
2nd place: Sleeping Pet Furniture and a Fancy Ribbon Trinket.
3rd place: Rare Artifact Furniture and a Fancy Ribbon Trinket.
4th-5th place: Grey/Grey cat and a Ribbon Trinket
6th-10th place: Ribbon Trinket
(note that the sleeping pet furniture and rare artifact furniture will be of random types.)

The Extra Stuff:
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to send me a PM or post it here!
----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Stephensam at Feb 20, 2012 3:44:53 PM]
[Jan 25, 2012 7:20:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Re: Nyan Cat Crafting Cavalcade! -- Six puzzles, Six familiars {February 12-18, 2012} Reply to this Post

Reserved for Q&A

Q: What happens in the case of a tie?
A: When a pirate sends in their tell announcing their stat increase, that time is noted. Whichever pirate reaches the highest rank first wins, there shouldn't be the possibility of a tie.

Q: What if there are more than 159 pirates entering?
A: I do have a backup ship to accommodate more pirates if need be.

Q: Can I use any cheats or exploits?
A: If I suspect a pirate is using a cheat/exploit, I will disqualify them. Play fair and make this fun for everyone.

Q: Do I have to use 6 different pirates for the 6 bake-offs (assuming I play more than one?)
A: I'll require a completely fresh alt for your first bake-off, but you can use the same one after that, provided you do no puzzling outside of each bake-off.

Q: What if I drop in rank?
A: As long as you get your increased ranks recorded, there's no penalty for dropping rank, other than having to work even harder to get the next rank.

Q: After I send a tell for rank increase, can I keep puzzling or should I wait?
A: You can go ahead and keep puzzling.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Stephensam at Feb 11, 2012 3:06:58 PM]
[Jan 25, 2012 7:25:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Re: Nyan Cat Crafting Cavalcade! -- Six puzzles, Six familiars {February 12-18, 2012} Reply to this Post

This is such an awesome idea! Can't wait. <3

I have a question though (I'm a bit dumb about ranking), what if there's a bit of a tie? Or do you expect that one will most clearly prevail over them all?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fixated at Jan 25, 2012 7:44:21 PM]
[Jan 25, 2012 7:44:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

This is such an awesome idea! Can't wait. <3

I have a question though (I'm a bit dumb about ranking), what if there's a bit of a tie? Or do you expect that one will most clearly prevail over them all?

Each player's timestamp on the tell I receive announcing their rank up is how I determine when a pirate increased in rank.
[Jan 25, 2012 7:48:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Just to clarify, if there are three way ties in rank, etc, the tell that's first with the highest rank wins?

By the way, love the theme Sam. xD
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Jan 25, 2012 7:50:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Just to clarify, if there are three way ties in rank, etc, the tell that's first with the highest rank wins?

Correct.
[Jan 25, 2012 7:51:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

This event looks awesome, But sounds incredibly confusing.

I forsee MAJOR issues with the running of the event. But will be there to partake.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jan 25, 2012 8:31:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Not as complicated as you might think.
[Jan 25, 2012 8:40:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I forsee MAJOR issues with the running of the event. But will be there to partake.

Like what?
I know of two other times events like this have been run and they were a lot of fun!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jan 25, 2012 8:41:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Like what?
I know of two other times events like this have been run and they were a lot of fun!

Oh it will be fun, dont get me wrong. Im just saying that having to get people to wait, Correctly /tell during the event and then getting back to the correct place on time should be interesting.

I applaud Stevensam for taking this event on, and look forward to it. In all of its rainbowy tail glory.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jan 25, 2012 10:20:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
plopgeit

Like what?

Oh it will be fun, dont get me wrong. Im just saying that having to get people to wait, Correctly /tell during the event and then getting back to the correct place on time should be interesting.

I applaud Stevensam for taking this event on, and look forward to it. In all of its rainbowy tail glory.

Personally, I don't see any problems with sending correct tells. Before the competition, you can create some messages on the F-keys. This will only require you to push one button and you can continue immediately. About the waiting part: I think that's unavoidable if you need to check maybe over a 100 pirate lists. Then again, you have to wait a bit for most events and I think 15 minutes is a relatively low amount of time.

I have one question myself: I assume there will be another ship available, in case the Lime Emperor hits an amount of 159 pirates?
Enteraname of Sage.
Senior Officer of Poseidon's Tricorne.
Now available in recorded version.
[Jan 26, 2012 12:17:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

i like it i will def join on days i finish work at adequate time
Yasmi on Meridian
Yasmi/Ayani on all oceans
Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Jan 26, 2012 5:08:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I have one question myself: I assume there will be another ship available, in case the Lime Emperor hits an amount of 159 pirates?

Aye, in the unlikely event that there are more than 159 pirates entering I have a backup ship as well.
[Jan 26, 2012 9:45:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Sounds fun!
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 26, 2012 9:49:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

Weaving <3

I will deffinatly be there!
-barcium

Original Huntard
[Jan 26, 2012 11:44:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

If I decide to do all six bakeoffs, will I have to have six different pirates, since all will have to be all Novice/Able?

Edit to add: I assume that hyperranking will be disallowed?
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

https://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

https://www.twitch.tv/nickbushypp

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Edit 1 times, last edit by henryrules10 at Jan 26, 2012 4:54:12 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 4:40:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

If I decide to do all six bakeoffs, will I have to have six different pirates, since all will have to be all Novice/Able?

If you choose to do all six bakeoffs, I'll expect a fresh alt in the first tournament (meaning no stats at all). Following that, I'm okay with pirates who want to use the same pirates for each one, provided they don't do any other puzzling on that pirate outside of the bake-offs.

Hyperranking, or using exploits by any other name will not be allowed. Same goes for cheats, hacks, etc. If I find evidence that a pirate has used an exploit/hack/etc. to increase their ranks I will disqualify them.
[Jan 26, 2012 4:57:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

Also, first to Ultimate means an automatic win, right?
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

https://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

https://www.twitch.tv/nickbushypp

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Jan 26, 2012 6:14:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Also, first to Ultimate means an automatic win, right?

I don't like to use the word "automatic", but provided said pirate did not do anything to get disqualified the first to ultimate would be the winner.
[Jan 26, 2012 6:53:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

Foraging and weaving will be over in under 10 mins. The others should be interesting.
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Jan 27, 2012 6:32:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Foraging and weaving will be over in under 10 mins. The others should be interesting.

Well "over" perhaps for the first place prize, but there's still 10 top placements. I know back in 2005 and 2006, I didn't play these style bakeoffs to win, I played to have some fun and I hope lots come for that very reason!
[Jan 27, 2012 8:46:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Ambrygold

I'm assuming there will be some type of random checking of pirate information so that people don't send the tell a little prior to them achieving a higher standing?
Ambrygold of Cerulean Ocean

Pirates, when perfected, are the best of animals, but when separated from law and justice, they are even more awesome!
[Jan 28, 2012 8:02:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I'm assuming there will be some type of random checking of pirate information so that people don't send the tell a little prior to them achieving a higher standing?

Well, if you send me a tell before you achieve a higher rank, you're just wasting your time and my time. I don't see this as a huge problem, but if it becomes a problem I'll have to start disqualifying pirates for lying to me.
[Jan 28, 2012 3:34:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Corneilia

What happens if you lose your rank? Would you still win?
You are born original, don't die a copy.
[Jan 30, 2012 4:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

What happens if you lose your rank? Would you still win?

There's no penalty to losing rank. If you got to a certain rank and got it confirmed, it doesn't matter if your rank tanks afterward.
[Jan 30, 2012 5:38:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Weaving <3

I will deffinatly be there!

So cool :o Ill be there (specially for weaving x) )
Yumisa World Wide~
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Feb 1, 2012 7:03:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.instagram.com/yumisaruka/ [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

Doesn't forage stop scoring you once you use up all your labour?
Don't wait for the perfect moment, take a moment and make it perfect.
[Feb 1, 2012 2:24:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

You no longer are foraging fruit, but "practicing" still gives you a score and contributes to your rank.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Feb 1, 2012 2:27:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Doesn't forage stop scoring you once you use up all your labour?

As has been said, just use the practice button and you'll be able to continue foraging.
[Feb 1, 2012 4:49:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
chengy

If you choose to do all six bakeoffs, I'll expect a fresh alt in the first tournament (meaning no stats at all). Following that, I'm okay with pirates who want to use the same pirates for each one, provided they don't do any other puzzling on that pirate outside of the bake-offs.

Hyperranking, or using exploits by any other name will not be allowed. Same goes for cheats, hacks, etc. If I find evidence that a pirate has used an exploit/hack/etc. to increase their ranks I will disqualify them.

I wouldn't call hyperranking an exploit (isn't it known by the other name of "quitting the puzzle"?) but I would have thought it doesn't really work for crafting anyway.
Rachida of Malachite
Fleet Officer of -Poe Hungry Pillagers-
[Feb 2, 2012 12:08:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 69   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates