• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1003 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
stefsorceror

Pot distributions Reply to this Post

I've had a question about the different pot distributions: How do they work? Yesterday I was making a tournament( I do them a lot) and I was suddenly thinking: How do they work? So can anybody please explain them?
----------------------------------------
Tibiaking. Member of TTB, SN. Too cool to have a quote in my signature.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are ment to be offensive. Any tarting about the offensiveness of my posts will be ingored.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by stefsorceror at Apr 18, 2005 1:01:32 AM]
[Apr 18, 2005 1:01:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Re: Pot distributions Reply to this Post

LoL, I'll cover the only one I know: Winner takes all = You don't get any cut of the pot unless you win, in which case, you win the entire pot.

I'm not sure about the incremental pot distributions though...
Epimetheus
Retired

[Apr 18, 2005 1:15:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

Firstly, ye have to win atleast 1 fight to lay claim to anything. Exponentially, not sure how it works but if ye get to round 3 ye get double round 2ers etc.
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Apr 18, 2005 1:31:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
Mlik

Peghead's post explaining (Exponentially) Cascading pots:

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=65390#65390

So the prizes go 1 share, 1/2 share, 1/4 share, 1/8 share, etc. Cascading to third means only the top 4 people get any poe (winner, 2nd place and two 3rd place winners).

Arithmetic pots differ in that prizes go 1 share, 1/2 share, 1/3 share, 1/4 share, etc.
Mlik, playing the Forum Game.
Play Diplomacy!
Xephin tells you, "Viva le Revolution!"
[Apr 18, 2005 2:11:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    _dharmy_    dharmy0    2654008 [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

I'm not convinced - I won a pot of 220k the other day and only came away wi' about 64k. This was exponential cascading. That's almost a quarter, not half.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Apr 18, 2005 5:33:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ed315

bronzebeard wrote: 
I'm not convinced - I won a pot of 220k the other day and only came away wi' about 64k. This was exponential cascading. That's almost a quarter, not half.

If my calculations are correct, then it would seem that it was a 7 round tourney with byes in the first round, or a 6 round tourney with no byes. Exponential doesn't mean you'll get half the pot if you win. It just means you'll get twice second place. And they'll get twice any one person in third. And so on and so on.

Also, a more recent discussion involving Peghead:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=154408#154408
Aschen

Nemo wrote: 
Actually, when I suggested it months ago, Cleaver told me not to. So, this time I didn't tell him.

[Apr 18, 2005 6:12:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

For Cascade Exponentially:
R= # of rounds of just winners (so if it's 7 full rounds, only 6 full rounds of winners)
Total shares
=1 + 0.5*(R-1)

Your share:
1st= 1, 2nd= 1/2, 3-4th= 1/4, 5-8th= 1/8, etc.

Divide your share by total shares.

So if you get first in cascading exponentially and 10 rounds of people get money, you only get 18.2% of the prize money. Sad, huh?

EDIT: pot distribution, heh.
[Apr 19, 2005 12:46:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates