• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 208
Posts: 208   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 22416 times and has 207 replies Next Thread
anchovygirl

Re: Intent to juggle some outposts

Man, doesn't it make you sad when you type a novel and some smart kid doesn't read it and makes himself look silly? ):

Kinda funny how the Legacy are supporters are saying, "WELL, IF I CAN OUTJOB AND OUTPAY, I WILL!" when Legacy punished PM for doing that. You're not very good fanboys.
----------------------------------------
Anchovia
[Oct 14, 2011 4:22:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalingoding

Seriously, who came up with a "freindly" blockade???

The same Flag you're trying to defend.

A blockade starts with a declaration of WAR, not tiddly-winks.

You do acknowledge that that's just a mechanics thing, right? That if, given the chance, most people wouldn't?

If I were monarch of a blockading flag (and I was, several years ago now)

Several years ago, we had cars that didn't fly.

You can bet yer arse on a few things. If I can surprise you, I will. If I can outjob you, I will. If I can out pay you, I will. If I can hire, bribe, or kidnap the best staff, I will.

If you can kill your opponent's father to make them miss a cade, you will. If you can set their house on fire to cut their internet, you will. If I gave a crap, I'd laugh more.

If you're looking for a tea-party or fluffy bunnies and fuzzy kitties, I suggest ye look to hellokitty.com.

This is fluffier, fuzzier, and so much more adorable

Jak "not-so-friendly" Aubrey

You sound like someone who's as mean as people bullying others for lunch money. You sound like one of those guys I'd avoid in the street, because I'd be scared. In a word, you're menacing. Less impressive part, it's the internet.

And for God's sake, if yer gonna expect me to read a reply, don't write a novel.

People who have good insight need to write. (Second time I've declared myself as an Ancho supporter. Expecting hate ):)
Innuending one soul at a time
Copacabana, Viridian pixels
[Oct 14, 2011 4:30:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hoofhearted

Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to imply I support Legacy in the least. On the contrary, I had hoped someone would take up the challenge but seems all ye care about is tarting.

Anch, thank you so much! Ye just made my day. At 45 years it's been quite a while since I was refered to as a smart kid, thank you for that! No, I didn't read your novel. I'm sure it was well written and full of outstanding points.

And to Rose, another ocean dear. They are out there, even if they are dying. :)
Jakaubrey
[Oct 14, 2011 4:33:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Still waiting tho, enlighten me; I've been pretty active on other oceans too since I've had inter ocean allies in all of them and JCed in a lot of blockades out of Viridian.
Roseh

[Oct 14, 2011 4:36:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hoofhearted

Kalingoding wrote: 
You sound like someone who's as mean as people bullying others for lunch money. You sound like one of those guys I'd avoid in the street, because I'd be scared. In a word, you're menacing. Less impressive part, it's the internet.

Actually, I'm one of the friendliest guys ye'll ever meet. I check in on mom and dad every day, take my kids to the park on the weekends and if I thought you were having a bad day, I'd be the guy on the street who'd go out of his way to at least try to cheer you up with a freindly smile and a "hello". This however is a game with a war element to it.

Kalingoding wrote: 
Expecting hate ):

Nah, ye'll get no hate from me! And I wouldn't kill fathers, mothers or babies nor would I burn yer house down. If ye blockaded me in the game though I'd expect ye to come at me with everything ye've got and would be disappointed if ye held back.

Edit -- pesky quote tags!
Jakaubrey
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hoofhearted at Oct 14, 2011 4:44:33 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 4:43:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalingoding

Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to imply I support Legacy in the least. On the contrary, I had hoped someone would take up the challenge but seems all ye care about is tarting.

Anch, thank you so much! Ye just made my day. At 45 years it's been quite a while since I was refered to as a smart kid, thank you for that! No, I didn't read your novel. I'm sure it was well written and full of outstanding points.

And to Rose, another ocean dear. They are out there, even if they are dying. :)

*acts dumb*
*gets ganged on*
*pull random.org -> # = age if >suspected adversary age*
*still act 14-15*
*fail -> i'm in another ocean*
Innuending one soul at a time
Copacabana, Viridian pixels
[Oct 14, 2011 4:44:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Quick, quick, someone distract Kalingodinger from the point of the thread!
Oh wait! Mission accomplished.
Bahahahaa.
Figure it out mate.

(A-B convo)
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Oct 14, 2011 4:48:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hoofhearted

Kalingoding wrote: 

*acts dumb* -- guilty
*gets ganged on* -- it's parley, nothing new there.
*pull random.org -> # = age if >suspected adversary age* -- Don't I wish. Sorry mate, 45 it is. Don't know how else I can prove it to ye though.
*still act 14-15* -- According to my kids, ye've overshot that by about 10 years
*fail -> i'm in another ocean* -- Actually, back when I started it was refered to as "the" ocean. The fail part is accurate though.

Jakaubrey
[Oct 14, 2011 4:52:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Still waiting on a flag and pirate name seeing this pirate doesn't even have a 1 year jolly.
Roseh

[Oct 14, 2011 4:55:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Using "unexperienced [sic] staff" is a noble reason to blockade. Being willing to blockade for that reason only if you ensure the blockade will be a flagsit ahead of time, well......
[Oct 14, 2011 4:56:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

eriously, who came up with a "freindly" blockade??? A blockade starts with a declaration of WAR, not tiddly-winks. If I were monarch of a blockading flag (and I was, several years ago now) you can bet yer arse on a few things. If I can surprise you, I will. If I can outjob you, I will. If I can out pay you, I will. If I can hire, bribe, or kidnap the best staff, I will. If you're looking for a tea-party or fluffy bunnies and fuzzy kitties, I suggest ye look to hellokitty.com.

Honestly you sound like your thinking we asked for a friendly because were omg super weak poar flag. They asked us to do a friendly, we can't make it. It happens.

There is a lesson here for smaller flags who wish to own an island. Save up yer poez, blockade an outpost, then when approached to defend simply state ye can't make it this week, try back another time! Don't worry about it, the rest of the ocean will have your back if you're ever actually dropped on.

I do not get what the hell you mean, did you actually read the rest? And do you have any knowledge of the political scene on this ocean? I won't even say blockade scene because there isn't one.

Edit: Stupid Spelling
Captainrich
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hillsmen at Oct 14, 2011 5:03:13 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 4:59:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

I like flagsits.

They don't hurt anyone.

And all the tarters who care about islands come out.

Of course what they ''really'' care about is making sure people act correctly.

God forbid diversity.

Oops. I mean, heavens forbid diversity.
I mean, powers that be.
Well, 'whatever it is you believe' forbid diversity.

Hmm. What a mouthful.
LoLune

[Oct 14, 2011 5:06:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

People who care about islands won't do anything, people who care about blockades want to...but don't have the means to.

There's a difference between caring about islands and caring about blockades.
Anchovia
[Oct 14, 2011 5:10:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karal5

Using "unexperienced [sic] staff" is a noble reason to blockade. Being willing to blockade for that reason only if you ensure the blockade will be a flagsit ahead of time, well....

Why is it that, all you people can do is sit and make comments on things you DO NOT know?
Make your damn assumptions.
Its unsurprising, that when even if the most BASIC, questions are posed to your absolutely redundant person, we can figure out you have NO knowledge of either Legacy's blockade organisation or island-stocking mechanism.
So basically we're supposed to wait to drop on people who know how to set reasonable prices on islands just so they can scuttle and, thus, destroy whatever commodities/structures WERE available on that island?If there were any reason to challenge IC/KO for reasonable island management, here it would be termed as "pigheadedness". How simple it would be to make that much more poe and set ridiculous prices and THEN wait for a challenge?

Nagflar
Ugly person from randominherent. Have fun with your lives.
Nag, Illi
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Karal5 at Oct 14, 2011 6:07:30 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 5:16:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

I'm sorry, but up until now, no one has complained about stock prices at the islands Legacy dropped on. So, where this idea of horrible stock prices came about, I don't know.

Also, seeing Legacy were at least told by Dilemma that there wouldn't be defense beforehand...you could've just waited.
Anchovia
[Oct 14, 2011 5:20:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Explain to me, without a novel, why flagsits are bad.

The islands aren't supposed to matter, so I guess it's about the fact that the defender got denied a blockade.

Except now they get to choose when they attack. Sounds better to me anyhow. Boohoo 1 week tax loss.

And it can't be about islandside and other such advantages, because its about the blockade and fun, not winning the blockade and the island.

So I mean, I'm confused. Were mad cuz Legacy scuttle shielded then intentionally went for flagsits?
Shame on them. They should soooo know better. Horrible people.
I dont feel like making it purple. But its purple.
LoLune

[Oct 14, 2011 5:31:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kingnothing3

Congrats on the island record; shame you can't say you actually blockaded to break it :).

Actually, they will have ockaded to break it. Whether the opponent showed up or not doesnt matter. They still had to blockade it to take it. Anymore brain busters?

No barnacle! Really? Damn.

I'm sure tho whos opinion I care about understood what I meant :).

Oh, I understood what you meant. Its just always funny to watch you put yourself up on this pedastool as if your better than the next person.
Kingnothing

I guess it's time for you to hate me again.
Lets begin now hand me the pen.
How should I begin it and where does it all end.
My medicine ball, your in my medicine ball friends.
[Oct 14, 2011 5:36:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

FINE, I'll edit this post. ):<

In reply to KN, sorta how like you are when it comes to coming up with a brilliant strategy to save YPP?
Anchovia
[Edit 2 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Oct 14, 2011 5:42:34 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 5:37:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

There should be a way for a 3rd flag to come in and prevent a flag-sit from happening by fighting the attacker for the island. Maybe i'll go post in GD...
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Oct 14, 2011 5:42:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

There should be a way for a 3rd flag to come in and prevent a flag-sit from happening by fighting the attacker for the island. Maybe i'll go post in GD...

You've missed the point. Like most people in Legacy.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Oct 14, 2011 5:49:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Edit: Nice edit ancho >.<

@marto- What does Legacy not get? How to do what they want? k
LoLune

[Edit 1 times, last edit by LunEnvoy at Oct 14, 2011 6:00:44 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 5:57:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

The blockade actually being a flagsit is irrelevant. If you physically aren't able to defend, then you shouldn't complain about losing your island. No one is debating that point (even Dilemma). The "tarters" in this thread are pointing out that, once again, Legacy claims to want friendly blockades where they can utilize their inhouse newbies. To achieve this end, y'all ask for a friendly and then attack when the opponent isn't available. How is that beneficial for your flag? It is only beneficial if your flag is in it merely to collect islands, which has been repeatedly stated by royals as not the goal. No one is saying Legacy is wrong in doing these drops, just that the drops epitomize Legacy's tendency to talk hard, be boring and avoid competition. Actively avoiding competition (in a video game's PvP arena, no less) is t art-made behavior.
[Oct 14, 2011 5:57:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

No, just making a different point. You can disagree with the choice to drop all you want, but it happened, so now the options seem to be complain about it, or do something about it. I just hope someone will chose the fun option.
[Oct 14, 2011 6:00:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

The fun option was to wait 1 weekend until the royals of said flag could make it, 1 frig 3p is not fun at all.
Roseh

[Oct 14, 2011 6:03:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

It is only beneficial if your flag is in it merely to collect islands, which has been repeatedly stated by royals as not the goal.

******* tells ye, "and bummer.. we wanted to doubledrop you, hopefully win one on the cades, and break the record before possibly losing islands in the later cades this weekend, and have fun at the same time... making next weekend.. not as attractive"

Not really much point blanking it out, but you know, rules and all that.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Oct 14, 2011 6:12:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

No, just making a different point. You can disagree with the choice to drop all you want, but it happened, so now the options seem to be complain about it, or do something about it. I just hope someone will chose the fun option.

When looking at every situation through those eyes, yes, every action is justified. I do however think that this reasoning doesn't match the way Legacy was when I navved for them, or the way they are trying to appear to be.

I agree that at this current point the only thing you could do game-mechanic wise is to 3P them, but if you choose to give this as an answer, why did you bother keeping up the facade for these years?
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Oct 14, 2011 6:12:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

The fun option was to wait 1 weekend until the royals of said flag could make it, 1 frig 3p is not fun at all.

No one said a 3P has to be just 1 frig, but yea that'd work too.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Perenoel1 at Oct 14, 2011 6:23:44 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 6:13:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vincent_B

I do agree with that ;)
How can they pretend to try to help flag by 'blockading' islands when they know it will only be a flag-sit?
Vincegreat on Viridian
Senior Officer of Lilith's Perfume
[Oct 14, 2011 6:18:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

I do agree with that ;)
How can they pretend to try to help flag by 'blockading' islands when they know it will only be a flag-sit?

Because its soooooo counter-productive. OooOooOooohh
LoLune

[Oct 14, 2011 6:20:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY
Anchovia
[Oct 14, 2011 6:33:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 208   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates