• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 208
Posts: 208   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 22393 times and has 207 replies Next Thread
kingnothing3

Re: Intent to juggle some outposts

Congrats on the island record; shame you can't say you actually blockaded to break it :).

Actually, they will have ockaded to break it. Whether the opponent showed up or not doesnt matter. They still had to blockade it to take it. Anymore brain busters?
----------------------------------------
Kingnothing

I guess it's time for you to hate me again.
Lets begin now hand me the pen.
How should I begin it and where does it all end.
My medicine ball, your in my medicine ball friends.
[Oct 14, 2011 2:13:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

Any flag who wants to, can certainly drop a chest and come fight for the islands if they want.
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Oct 14, 2011 2:13:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Congrats on the island record; shame you can't say you actually blockaded to break it :).

Actually, they will have ockaded to break it. Whether the opponent showed up or not doesnt matter. They still had to blockade it to take it. Anymore brain busters?

No barnacle! Really? Damn.

I'm sure tho whos opinion I care about understood what I meant :).
Roseh

[Oct 14, 2011 2:17:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Oh idk Richeh. See, I could be in that staff help, then you'd have me, like you wanted, and Roseh wouldn't really have to be in the same flag as me, which should suit her fine. Best of both worlds.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Oct 14, 2011 2:20:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalingoding

Any such intent on releasing rampaging pestering baboons on Islands one can not defend is a declaration of both insanity and stoicism, even more accentuated by the fact they're measle outposts guarded by not-as-experienced Flags as the opposing one.

It's a form of insanity for the reason ammounts to wanting to hold a petty record off book, and stoicism for you'll have anything but a Blockade and will have to endure an utmost upsetting flagsit, which any Island-holding flag detests, lest Ksb, for obvious reasons.

Echoing Anchovia's very special words (as almost always, may I add; listen to her more often) you're merely posing as a Pkmn trainer, using Masterballs to effective failsafe make way for more awesome pixel dirt.

Point on the post being, you, Legacy, are anything but ones to talk about decency. Try Mardi Gras.

Attenciously,
A long time reader, first time poster.
Innuending one soul at a time
Copacabana, Viridian pixels
[Oct 14, 2011 2:23:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Delinet

OK listen up princesses,

Since when is it BAD to be successful in this game??

Since when is it BAD that people PAY more poe (even though they avoid it) in blockades because they work hard every day to make it?

WHO made up the stupid idea that every blockade has to be "friendly" , which means it must be non sinky, must not paywar, must not have good navvers??? Those are just pathetic rules that nub who can't cade properly decided that if you don't go by them, you're wrong and a bad person.

If you can not handle blockading at ANY condition, DONT BLOCKADE, stop crying about every little thing that legacy does!!, they work hard for their poe and their members, and people who hardly work for it should not expect legacy to play as if they were at their level if legacy does not wish to!

There are NO rules in this game regarding how you're suppose to blockade.

Legacy has the right to take any island if they wish to,
DON'T LIKE IT? BLOCAKDE THEM BACK?
SCARED? DON'T JOIN THE BLOCKADE REGION OF THE GAME?
you guys don't understand that all legacy wants for a good friendly cade, is just simply good manners and not to come to them with an aproach of disrespect? people who tart about them all day in the forums can not expect to have a friendly and easy cade! either prepare for it or shut up.
all you losers that can't handle rough blockading, stay out of it, if you want a friendly cade, come with good manners or face the consinquenses, legacy works hard to be where they are right now, THEY DON'T OWE ANYONE OF YOU ANYTHING.
BTW: ANYONE of you smartasses, would give ANYTHING to be incharge of a flag this powerful and successful, and I bet you that if you had a flag like this, you would of made WAY worse decitions because you don't even try to understand why legacy does what they do, and they try hard to do the right thing.

(I'm not speaking in behalf of legacy, But I am talkign to all you tarting little babys who can't play the game if it doesn't go their way)

Go ahead and pick sentances and try to turn them against me, I couldn't care less, I've made my point.
/Delinet

Senior Officer of Tapout
Lord of Knockout

Xpirate's pimp since est. September 2011
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Delinet at Oct 14, 2011 2:29:53 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 2:27:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

BTW: ANYONE of you smartasses, would give ANYTHING to be incharge of a flag this powerful and successful, and I bet you that if you had a flag like this, you would of made WAY worse decitions because you don't even try to understand why legacy does what they do, and they try hard to do the right thing.

I lol'd.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Oct 14, 2011 2:31:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalingoding

OK listen up princesses,

Since when is it BAD that people PAY more poe (even though they avoid it) in blockades because they work hard every day to make it?

WHO made up the stupid idea that every blockade has to be "friendly" , which means it must be non sinky, must not paywar, must not have good navvers??? Those are just pathetic rules that nub who can't cade properly decided that if you don't go by them, you're wrong and a bad person.

If you can not handle blockading at ANY condition, DONT BLOCKADE, stop crying about every little thing that legacy does!!, they work hard for their poe and their members, and people who hardly work for it should not expect legacy to play as if they were at their level if legacy does not wish to!

Legacy has the right to take any island if they wish to,
DON'T LIKE IT? BLOCAKDE THEM BACK?
SCARED? DON'T JOIN THE BLOCKADE REGION OF THE GAME?
you guys don't understand that all legacy wants for a good friendly cade, is just simply good manners and not to come to them with an aproach of disrespect? people who tart about them all day in the forums can not expect to have a friendly and easy cade! either prepare for it or shut up.
all you losers that can't handle rough blockading, stay out of it, if you want a friendly cade, come with good manners or face the consinquenses, legacy works hard to be where they are right now, THEY DON'T OWE ANYONE OF YOU ANYTHING.

(I'm not speaking in behalf of legacy, But I am talkign to all you tarting little babys who can't play the game if it doesn't go their way)

Go ahead and pick sentances and try to turn them against me, I couldn't care less, I've made my point.

You lost me midway, when the madness took over you and caps lock seemed jammed.
From what I've read, you spent 30 minutes typing up something to basically say leave Legacy alone PT.3, so forgive me while I disregard your post.

I feel inclined to say that, success is pretty subjective, but I'm fairly sure we'll all agree that cading flags that pre-emptively admitted they couldn't defense isn't exactly 'winning the game'.

Edit;

I lol'd.

QFSimilarity
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kalingoding at Oct 14, 2011 2:34:03 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 2:32:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vincent_B

Legacy: Helping Small Flag to Learn To flag sit
lol
Vincegreat on Viridian
Senior Officer of Lilith's Perfume
[Oct 14, 2011 2:33:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

The real problem is rarely what is being openly discussed.

Circles, circles, circles, until people start looking back at the way things have happened, and stop arguing for the sake of today.
Progress requires a foundation.
Pussyfootin gets you nowhere.
LoLune

[Oct 14, 2011 2:33:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalingoding

Circles, circles, circles, until people start looking back at the way things have happened, and stop arguing for the sake of today.

Sorry, why are you talking about 'pussyfootin' again? Last I checked, you were a Solid / Able guy overall that complained about every aspect of the game without experiencing it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Edit: I do agree with the rest of your post, though. You usually have good insight to provide, but only seldomly do you do it correctly - in my opinion, that is.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kalingoding at Oct 14, 2011 2:38:22 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 2:37:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shut123

I know I'm a little late (School lol), But I wanted to mention that WAR defended Havoc against us a few weeks ago, So stating they are Dormant should not be a valid reason for dropping.
Amin

Sons of Odin
Corruption
[Oct 14, 2011 2:39:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Successful? Please explain to me how Legacy is a successful blockading flag, Legacy have won 1 well contested blockade, the rest were flag sits or won by paying their contender out R1. Sorry babycakes, there are more successful blockading flags, I would look at IC or KO before Legacy.

Nothing wrong paying more to even a blockade but matching while ahead or uppin while up on jobbers is bad, if you don't agree then all I can say is that shows you've never ran a blockading flag yourself.

WHO made up the stupid idea that every blockade has to be "friendly" , which means it must be non sinky, must not paywar, must not have good navvers???

Who said that? I agree that blockades on Larges and certain meds should go all out but on Legacy's kinda targets not, sorry.

And Legacy can handle "rough cading?" I don't think so, theres a reason why they only attack outposts and don't go against flags like KO or IC unless its a friendly agreed blockade like they intent to have next weekend; they are so scared and insecure about their skills they even offered to foot in 1/3 of my bills so KO wouldn't go againt them and was kept busy against RM.

BTW: ANYONE of you smartasses, would give ANYTHING to be incharge of a flag this powerful and successful, and I bet you that if you had a flag like this, you would of made WAY worse decitions because you don't even try to understand why legacy does what they do, and they try hard to do the right thin

Are you new to viridian love?

Please feel free to Wiki flags like Vanguard, RiddleMakers, Boo Our Other Booched, when you have successfully ran 3 blockading flags, ran over 100 blockades feel free to come back and call me a loser till then ush it.
Roseh

[Oct 14, 2011 2:43:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Sorry, why are you talking about 'pussyfootin' again? Last I checked, you were a Solid / Able guy overall that complained about every aspect of the game without experiencing it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Edit: I do agree with the rest of your post, though. You usually have good insight to provide, but only seldomly do you do it correctly - in my opinion, that is.

Familiarize yourself with the role of a 'social gadfly'. Then revisit your post, perhaps.

Also, please ponder as to how you being aggressive and 'personal' in response to a generalized statement serves you, the forums, or this ocean any good.
LoLune

[Oct 14, 2011 2:43:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Ladies and Pirates, I present to you Legacy, promoting blockades and discouraging flagsits by... Flagsitting!

I guess they're making up for all those flagsits they robbed the ocean of with the event shields a few weeks ago. Thanks guys!

Oh, and every part of this post is a lie, including this statement.

P.S. Whatcha runnin' from, Delinet? A ban? A douchebag past (that's working well, lulz)?
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kenjennings at Oct 14, 2011 2:47:33 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 2:45:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalingoding

<quote pyramid

Familiarize yourself with the role of a 'social gadfly'. Then revisit your post, perhaps.

Also, please ponder as to how you being aggressive and 'personal' in response to a generalized statement serves you, the forums, or this ocean any good.

Making a troll flinch to defense mode serves everyone's purpose, for it's less spam to skim through whilst debating over serious topics. The personal attack was especially for that.

Edit: Quote fail. Typical.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kalingoding at Oct 14, 2011 2:47:11 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 2:46:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Man. And I was doing so well avoiding posting, but some things just can't be ignored.

@Avienda: Er. No. Just no. This is contradictory to what you have often stated your flag's goals are. This is a petty pixel collecting vendetta that has been ongoing, and at this point, is no longer surprising. I'd make an analogy, but it wouldn't get the point across. You are hopeless and are only satisfied by your own perceived view of "success" in Puzzle Pirates.

@Delinet: LOL THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN.

Flagsitting outposts isn't being successful.

Taking a fair competition in a blockade (which you claim Legacy strives for) and turning it into a ruined one sided affair where one side is forced to forfeit due to attrition, or just common sense is not really a good thing.

No one said every blockade has to be friendly. Actually, Legacy did. Have you noticed how much your flag cries like a tart when someone says something they don't like, let alone does something they don't like? You people are like children. I don't know where you pulled out the rest of this paragraph, but it screams of 14 year old.

So, if we don't want to waste our time attempting to have fun while the opposition attempts to pay us off the board, and choose having a life instead, we should stop crying and realize that we just didn't work hard enough to have fun. Do you live to work, or do you work to live? You're probably too young to answer that.

There are no rules in the game, true, people have moral standards. Legacy does not, or, chooses the morality of "If we win it's all good".

Do you read the forums often enough to know what you're talking about? No one wants to blockade Legacy because some kind of low blow like this, or what went down with HU occurs. Poo, almost made my analogy again, but it's still going to fall on deaf ears.

I don't think a flag (Legacy) that has blockaded every small flag on the ocean while avoiding the only other big flag (Knockout) can talk about other people being scared. You do the math.

You don't understand how much of a contradictory tool you are. You just said blockades don't have to be friendly, and then said all Legacy wants are friendly blockades. And aside from that, people have shown your flag great manners before, and still gotten treated like dirt. It has to do with your royal team being pretty uptight, but, all us losers have to stay out of it.

And no, I don't think anyone would want to be in charge of Legacy. You know why? Cause it sucks. You are rapidly losing support, have to rely on PoE entirely, and own a lot of outposts from flag sits. That does not scream powerful or successful, it screams low and opportunistic.

I picked all of your sentences. I hope you enjoy. I sent you a tell in game, but you didn't show good manners, so now I've embarrassed you here. Don't like it? Show better manners, or come prepared. Or better yet, stay off the forum region of the game.

I wonder though, who's gonna give you guys a friendly blockade when you've lowblowed half the ocean? Damn those bastards for not being friendly to you guys!

Legacy: Promoting blockades!
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Oct 14, 2011 2:46:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Making a troll flinch to defense mode serves everyone's purpose, for it's less spam to skim through whilst debating over serious topics. The personal attack was especially for that.

So, in order to prevent spam and trolls, you yourself troll, thus creating none other than.. more spam.
Viridian. Please. Give the kid his cool points.

Edit: fixed homes' quotefail
LoLune

[Edit 1 times, last edit by LunEnvoy at Oct 14, 2011 2:50:41 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 2:48:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

OK listen up princesses,

It's funny because he goes on to have a rage fit like a spoiled little kid.

If flagsitting 4 islands equates to being successful I'll stick with being a failure

It wouldn't be bad if they could win a blockade without crapping money everywhere

You seem to be forgetting that Legacy came to US asking for a friendly. Incidentally, see the above about the navvers part, funny that I can't remember when Legacy didn't win through some sort of manipulation of pay.

Again, Legacy were the ones asking for a friendly blockade, also people are 'crying' because Legacy are on the whole hypocritical, it's not about how they do it, it's about how they say one thing and do the other.

See above.

Legacy has the right to take any island if they wish to, DON'T LIKE IT? BLOCAKDE THEM BACK? SCARED? DON'T JOIN THE BLOCKADE REGION OF THE GAME?

Just lol. Have you looked at the cade scene recently? Most people that have money are too stingy to put it into their flag, and the two flags that have enough money to go at it are too pussy to do so.

They came to us, we couldn't make, they multi-dropped, the conversation was very respectful and polite, and moreover, Dilemma doesn't tart about them in the forums unless we are involved. You see, Qvintus doesn't really like me or Whitehaze, so we tend to adopt a policy of stay away and they'll leave us alone too. I would say it was actually a fairly mature and relatively effective tactic, that is up until Q couldn't bare the idea of not being the 'best' - if holding more islands than RM equates to that.

See above, also it's spelled 'Consequences'.

Paywars, material attrition, flagsit multidrops. To be honest, it's not actually that hard to make better decisions. Though that's just my point of view.

By crying and shouting? Ironic, that.

Is this good enough? This 'point' you've made seems quite weak.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Oct 14, 2011 2:50:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

I don't know how the blockade game is doing, but this year the forums have had the most interesting politics since the old P4P alliance broke up. So kudos, everyone. :)
On hiatus. :(
[Oct 14, 2011 2:51:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

I think they're breaking the "Most islands taken by flagsits" record too.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Oct 14, 2011 2:52:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalingoding

<pyramid again>

I stood here thinking for 5 minutes about what to write. I don't even have to defend myself, everyone in VP knows how you act, so I honestly shall not bother. At least you've stayed off the topic long enough to let real posts come through. Achievement unlocked.

(I have to say something for this post not to be a total troll spam thingy)

You're also one of those guys whose actions being pointed out is enough to embarass you.
[Oct 14, 2011 2:57:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
inglhan

@Delinet - Just saying that I don't think the point here is "Legacy is bad." I believe that the point here is the fact that Legacy dropped on these flags after being notified that said flags would not be able to defend, which would seem like Legacy wants easy blockades to break the record. That is purely my opinion however.

Also, for everyone, please don't use all caps because it is poor internet etiquette. Another point is grammatically it should be "Legacy is." It's like saying one person are, just trying to help ^_^
Izobel
Captain of -Poseidon's Wrath-
[Oct 14, 2011 3:00:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Not taking it down, feel free to sue me this time Narci :).
Roseh

[Oct 14, 2011 3:13:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Delinet wrote: 
It's not, but I think you and I have different definitions of what successful is.

I'm sure Post Mortem can tell you why it's bad paying more PoE than you have to in blockades. I'm also sure your flag, who punished PM for paying more PoE than necessary, can tell you why it's bad.

No one, actually, but for a long time newer flags wanted to get in on some blockade action because they thought it was fun. Thing is, unlike some people, they do not have millions that they can throw away every weekend, especially when they're so new. So they wanted to get their feet wet a little first. Learn how to blockade their own way instead of taking the long and arduous way of working your way up blockading by yourself. I'm sorry that not everyone is super pro at blockades like yourself Delinet, but some people need to start somewhere. I'm not a big fan of lots of agreements, but if it helps bring the cost down for new flags, then I'm willing to support them. They're not nubs, nubs are people who lack skill and do not try to get better.

If you can not handle blockading at ANY condition, DONT BLOCKADE
I wouldn't say that, I would say be prepared at least.

stop crying about every little thing that legacy does
If people cried about every thing Legacy has done, then they would've been crying for a long time. If you haven't noticed, the large negative outcry against Legacy has been recent so maybe that should clue you in that recent actions have fuelled this.

I could respond to the rest of the post, but that's a just a waste of time. Delinet, let me tell you why I, someone who has helped Legacy a number of times in the past (in fact at one point during some blockade I joked that with the number of times I helped, you would think I was part of Legacy), am not a fan of Legacy anymore. Maybe that'll give you insight, or at least pull your head from out of the sand, as to why some people do not like Legacy because it's obvious you lack the knowledge.

1. You're terrible allies.
Horrible, horrible allies. Don't get me wrong, some of the people are nice, but as allies you're horrible. We'll start with the RM stuff. So there we are getting ready for yet another RM blockade, when someone notices someone in KO's 'cade crew. Oh right, it was Qvintus' and Darlie's alts. Last we checked, Legacy were supporting RM, so why were two of their members navving against them? I really don't know. The reasoning behind it was because since they (well Q, not sure about Darlie) was not offered a navspot, they would go nav for someone who did. Same thing happened when Exposed had a blockade, Legacy were supposed to support them but yet again, a member of Legacy was navving against them. I spoke to a Legacy royal about this, apparently all of Legacy's allies were aware that this would happen. If an individual gets asked to nav, then they will nav, even if it's against their allies. Now, let me ask the forum something, if someone approached your FLAG and asked for your FLAG's support, you would assume they meant every person in your FLAG, right? Right. So what made Legacy think that didn't apply to them, I don't know. Now, I helped RM a lot so I knew just as much as the royals did and let me tell you, they seemed pretty unaware about this navving thing. What makes thing incredibly interesting about Q navving against RM is that in the particular blockade I'm talking about, RM had Avienda navving for them.

Speaking of RM, that's another reason why Legacy are horrible allies. There's a post floating about someone written by Avienda where she stated every single thing she didn't like about RM (that's where the inspiration for this post came from :D), however, only a few times did she talk to RM about it. Some supporters eh? You still support them despite not liking their actions, which just basically means you were using them because you would much rather have them on your side, than against you since going against BOOB wasn't a good idea. Second, good allies tell their allies that they're being idiots and do not keep schtum. Just like how you would tell a friend that the new pair of jeans she bought makes her butt look big, you would tell your allies that they need to stop and rethink things. All flags, at some point, will suffer from a case of myopia. It's at those times you need your allies to really make you see what they're doing instead of keeping quiet because you're afraid of stepping on toes.

Do you know what else allies don't do? They don't tell their allies, who they've navved against, who they cannot have in their blockade crew especially when that particular navver is one of the top navvers. What made you think you had the right to do that beats me.

2. You use and abuse.
Whilst talking to a royal of Legacy, I said that flags like Legacy made me hate blockades. They replied that a flag like RM didn't do that? No, the difference between flags like RM, or IC is that they do not use and abuse. During the Fintan attacks, I was approached by a few people saying that they were going to drop Legacy's support because they didn't like what they were doing to PM, they felt it had been taken too far. So, being the genius that I am, I told Legacy about this so they could sort things out. What was Legacy's repsonse? One of their royals deheartied me and their other got pretty upset. I didn't hear much from them after...until they needed me for a blockade. Only then did I get an apology for trying to help them and oh! They also needed me for their landstaff at a blockade, convenient timing eh?

Also, reading that Legacy actually didn't like the Hadrian blockade was another thing that irked me. Having spent time running around trying to get a hold of some navvers and convincing them to come nav for Legacy, even though they're not big Legacy fans, and being the one who told the sloop people to send the sloop in (there was a frig nearby the one pointer that the sloop sat on so we had to be careful about when we could send it in), it was great to find out that Legacy didn't like the blockade because not enough of their own members were in the blockade and that random people were called in to nav for them and they weren't even asked if they could. To all you blockade pros out there, when you're low on navvers what do you do? Because I must've done something wrong that blockade if Legacy were unhappy. Also, for the curious, Avi and Q weren't the only navvers at Hadrian. The nav list (not in order) was:

Daquan
Dalnoth
Dahlgren
Reeves
Avienda
Darlie
Discflicker

Yaruto
Captainben
Andrax
Jesse
Qvintus
Hunta
+ sloop team
Green highlights the Legacy people, Ben is in italics because I'm not sure if we can count him as Legacy or not. I don't really, but some might. The navvers that were brought in later? Only two, Hunta and Jesse. But there are more than just the two members Avienda originally stated somewhere that were from Legacy. The JCs were myself and Mille, so another person from Legacy.

When I saw what Avi had said how she felt about Hadrian, it made me wonder if they were...grateful that those out of flags people had turned up. Also, Q has mentioned before somewhere that he doesn't feel like he owes people who nav for him. Let me introduce you to something called common courtesy. Legacy asked for some of those people to come out and help them, a little "thank you" would be nice. Heck, not even that, but not saying that you weren't happy helps. If you didn't like that not enough Legacy members were involved, then don't ask people to come help you. But yeah, after all those blockades I helped Legacy at, I can certainly tell they really wanted me around. :)

3. You like to avoid confrontations with people because you don't want to 'upset them'
The past conversations I've had with someone from Legacy has usually ended with, "I'm going to stop talking now Anchy because I don't want to upset you." I'm not a fragile flower, sorry. But that's not really the issue, the issue is that I don't really like having to go talk to someone and asking them why they upset Legacy, only to be answered with, "Well, I didn't know since Legacy didn't even tell me." That's a great way of solving issues between people.

4. You're a liar who let power get to your head.
A lot of why former supporters of Legacy are against them now is because for a while, we were convinced Legacy was going to be good for the ocean. They had the Dendrite pond, they even tested caps with me at Ansel, they were willing to help newer flags, they didn't like paywars. This was the sort of flag Viridian needed. One that was big, but instead of scaring little flags away, encouraged them to get their feet. Where that flag is today, I don't know, but I would like them back. From what I've seen, Legacy likes blockades. If they liked blockades so much, why did they push PM out of the blockade scene by draining their resouces? That's one less flag to go against. If Legacy likes blockades so much, why did they drop this weekend if they knew they were going to get a flagsit? If you let the flags hold the island for a week longer, then they would have to (well, not really, but less than they would if they were attackers) to defend and you would get the blockades you wanted. All you're doing now is to feed your overgrown egos. Your blockades haven't been amazing, a lot of the time, your out of flag blockade staff has had to carry you through blockades. You're just abusing your hold on the ocean, that's fine, go ahead and do that but DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT act as if you're doing this for the sake of the ocean. If you really wanted fun blockades, why bother dropping on flags that (no offense) are much smaller than you and aren't much of a threat, why not pick on someone your own size? I remember the ST and Legacy war, yes it's bit unfair that you were going up against a small flag. But I remember receiving multiple reasons for why Legacy would never go to war with ST (this was before the war). One was because you didn't want Daquan hunting your newer officers. Another was because you didn't want to sink me. Another because no one in ST took boats out, even though I offered to get more people in. I like how I was asked if I could return the truce from Legacy ASAP because a certain royal in Legacy didn't like that Legacy could be seen as giving a truce since it made them look weak, which is a pretty pathetic reason.

I could write more, but I think this is getting long enough. At the end of the day, I know what's going to happen. Avienda will dehearty me as she planned to a few weeks ago but wanted to give things a chance even though I said I was fine with her doing it. Legacy will continue to igonore this and be on their merry little way, maybe even organise a few friendly blockades with opponents their own size just so they can say, "HA! We took on people you told us to." And, no one will do much because no one wants to get paywarred or we just hate blockades.

:)

/endkyrielnovel
Anchovia
[Edit 4 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Oct 14, 2011 8:39:35 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 3:29:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

<pyramid again>

I stood here thinking for 5 minutes about what to write. I don't even have to defend myself, everyone in VP knows how you act, so I honestly shall not bother. At least you've stayed off the topic long enough to let real posts come through. Achievement unlocked.

(I have to say something for this post not to be a total troll spam thingy)

The wise man speaks because he has something to say.
The fool because he has to say something.
LoLune

[Oct 14, 2011 3:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I love you, Anchy.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Oct 14, 2011 3:46:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hoofhearted

So many people complaining about Legacy, "friendly" blockades (laughable at best I don't care what size island), flagsits, the good of the ocean, blah blah blah blah blah. With so many fine pirates AGAINST the idea, why not band together and, oh I don't know, DO something about it? I mean besides forum tart of course. Surely with so many people who possess such a broad knowledge of the blockade game ye can band together a few ships under a banner and go in and make a challenge of it.

There is a lesson here for smaller flags who wish to own an island. Save up yer poez, blockade an outpost, then when approached to defend simply state ye can't make it this week, try back another time! Don't worry about it, the rest of the ocean will have your back if you're ever actually dropped on.

Seriously, who came up with a "freindly" blockade??? A blockade starts with a declaration of WAR, not tiddly-winks. If I were monarch of a blockading flag (and I was, several years ago now) you can bet yer arse on a few things. If I can surprise you, I will. If I can outjob you, I will. If I can out pay you, I will. If I can hire, bribe, or kidnap the best staff, I will. If you're looking for a tea-party or fluffy bunnies and fuzzy kitties, I suggest ye look to hellokitty.com.

And for God's sake, if yer gonna expect me to read a reply, don't write a novel.

Jak "not-so-friendly" Aubrey
Jakaubrey
[Oct 14, 2011 4:13:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

If I were monarch of a blockading flag (and I was, several years ago now) you can bet yer arse on a few things. If I can surprise you, I will. If I can outjob you, I will. If I can out pay you, I will. If I can hire, bribe, or kidnap the best staff, I will.

Well thank god your not.
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Oct 14, 2011 4:15:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Lolz what blockading flag? enlighten us please.
Roseh

[Oct 14, 2011 4:19:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 208   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates