• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2743 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Snowpixie

I've been Snaped! Reply to this Post

This is *nothing* to with hijacking weekend doodlers. At least, not this time. No, really. I mean it.

I just got back from seeing the last Harry Potter movie. (Yes, I know, I was slow. I had things to do, lost track of time... you know how it goes). And look, why haven't any of the OM's put up something to celebrate mourn the end of Magic and Muggles as we know it? I mean, honestly, you'd think they have better things to do than keep us from bawling over the disappointment of only having Twilight left to look forward to amused. Yes, Apollo, I'm looking at you.

*ahem* where was I? I'm so easily distracted...

I've been SNAPED! Right. What does that mean, anyway?

Your mission:
* in 50 words or less, explain what "I've been Snaped" means.
* No, there isn't an official answer, I just make stuff out of my very own head. Use your imagination! I know you're all exceedingly clever.

Your alternative mission:
* Make up another saying, something punny and Potteresque.
* Yes, also in 50 words or less, although I expect these to be much shorter. You don't have to give me the meaning, but you can if you want to.
* No, you can't use either of the ones I've just used, you have to come up with your own.

Rules.
* Rules? What rules? Who needs rules? These are GUIDELINES.
* You may only enter once, but you may enter both categories. If you enter both, please include them in the same post.
* Entries posted or edited after the deadline will be disqualified.
* Reply to this thread to play along.
* You probably should include you pirate name and ocean, so I can pester you hunt you down so I know who to deliver prizes to.
* Silliness will not be tolerated What? Who said that? Silliness is encouraged.

Prizes.
Whut? prizes? This is an impromptu thingamy, and you want prizes??? Well, okay, but it will have to be something I can get anywhere, with the limited poe I have in some places. So trinkets it is. My own personal seasonal favourite is Adrielle's Fruit Boat, but if you're really good I might be persuaded to whip up a moctail with a wand umbrella in it.

Go doodle ...er... be inventive. You have ... oh, I don't know. Until whatever midnight pirate time on Sunday is in your part of the world. Whenever that is it's less than 2 days away, so hop to it!
----------------------------------------
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Jul 23, 2011 5:26:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Re: I've been Snaped! Reply to this Post

You were Snaped when Nemesis renamed you to... Imples.

I am gonna get hurt, aren't I?

~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Jul 23, 2011 5:31:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Schmira

Your alternative mission:
* Make up another saying, something punny and Potteresque.
* Yes, also in 50 words or less, although I expect these to be much shorter. You don't have to give me the meaning, but you can if you want to.
* No, you can't use either of the ones I've just used, you have to come up with your own.

The Longbottom:

A name given to someone who is so awesome and hardcore that they can go into battle wearing a knitted cardi

Shiftyeyess
Viridian =D
>_>
<_<
Shiftyeyess

Avatar By Arghhpirate... schmexiest beast in the world
[Jul 23, 2011 5:43:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jippeh14

Jippy, Viridian :)

Potteresque Pun:

Even know I love Snape, I couldn't resist this...

"You're so Lestrange!"

A name given to:

a) A member of the Lestrange family
b) A strange person
c) Both
Jippy of Meridian
[Jul 23, 2011 6:54:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Not sure if this counts as a Potteresque pun but...

Pirato Bantorium
Utter this spell with a wave of the banstick wand in a slashing motion, and I think you get the picture. I hear Prometheus is so good at this, he can do it in his sleep.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jul 23, 2011 7:35:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Entry One:

"I've been Snaped"- A term used by someone who has been doublecrossed, betrayed or ultimately beguiled in a negative or hurtful
fashion.

Entry Two:

[to be edited in]
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Jul 23, 2011 7:45:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

"I've been Snaped!"
The expression used when you log in and find your lovely pirate outfit has crumbled to dingy grey (under)pants.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Jul 23, 2011 10:55:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

"I've Been Snaped!"
A saying used by folks to describe a situation of when you've expected one thing (usually something bright and shiny) but get another (usually something dark and ugly dull*).

*I find snape cute sexy actually! :P
Faeree (who has yet to see HP7.2 due to being sick! /me cries woefully!) of Sage (but prefer Griffindor!)
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lilymoon at Jul 23, 2011 3:04:16 PM]
[Jul 23, 2011 3:01:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

"I've been Snaped!"
A term used to describe someone who has being mislead into believing a person is evil, when really they are good.
[Jul 24, 2011 9:09:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Closeded! I'll be real quick with judging, I promise.
[Jul 25, 2011 12:07:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Right! Here we go.

Arghhpirate, for actual accuracy, wins a fruit boat.
Shiftyeyess, for the Longbottom, also wins a fruit boat.

Dexla, for coming up with a new category completely (and, I don't know, is she trying to tell me something, or is that just my guilty conscience at work again?) Adrielle's mocktail trinket, which contains a sharp pointy stick at the end of its umbrella, I'm sure you'll find it very useful ;)

Thanks for playing along.

*ADRIELLE!* Where are you hiding??!!??
[Jul 25, 2011 1:46:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Schmira

thankyou dearie
>_>
<_<
Shiftyeyess

Avatar By Arghhpirate... schmexiest beast in the world
[Jul 25, 2011 3:25:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

Yay! :D
Thanky!
[Jul 25, 2011 4:23:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Wooohoo! Thank you!

Yeah... new category... after I posted, I thought more about what you were asking for, and I said to myself, "I think you f-ed that up. Way to not follow instructions, Dex."

My home island was blockaded this weekend by a flag called "My Dad" and I wasn't really able to think straight. I will need to add a little rum to that mocktail by the time he leaves.... which I thought was going to be 2 days ago...

oh edit to add... While I've never been snaped, there was a time when my flag would happily issue a war dex upon another flag... ahhh good times.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Jul 25, 2011 7:00:28 AM]
[Jul 25, 2011 6:51:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates