• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 117
Posts: 117   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 31767 times and has 116 replies Next Thread
Clotho
OceanMaster

Cursed Isles Race - Loot and Plunder Allowed! [Winners Posted] Reply to this Post

Do you dare steal Vargas' treasure?

WINNERS HERE!

When?:
From 12:01 AM game time on Thursday July 21st until 11:59 PM game time on Sunday July 24th

General Rules
  • Sloops only, any number of pirates.
  • Any strategy you choose: thralls or no thralls
  • Must place a bid on starting island to mark time and must place a second bid at the end of the run to mark end time - (it's ok to bid 1 PoE on anything)
  • After placing your starting bid, sail to Cursed Isles and get as much loot as you can for a maximum of 120 minutes!
  • You may enter the board as many times as you want within the time frame
  • Sail back, divide the booty and place ending bid
  • Lock the ship until the records can be verified
  • Only one participation per pirate. If a pirate has already participated with another team, the second participation will not count!
  • Only one participation per ship as it must be locked after booty division
  • The same team may attempt multiple entries with different ships but only one will count, make sure to submit best run for the event!

How to Participate
  • Qualified entrants will be those whose starting and ending bids are within the 120 minute time frame. Make sure to allow enough time to sail back to port and divide the booty!
  • You may edit your participation at any time before the deadline to post a better run. Any entries edited or posted after that date will be disqualified.
  • Once you have a run that you wish to submit as your participation, post in the entry thread for your ocean the following information:
    Name of the ship:
    Island where it's ported:
    Booty distributed:
    Names of the team members:

Entry threads:

Cobalt - Hunter - Malachite - Midnight - Sage - Viridian

Determining Winners
The qualified team with the most PoE registered in vessel records after booty division will be the winner. It will read something like:
June 26, 2011 4:37 PM 25638 total pieces of eight in the booty were distributed.

Winners Posted

Prizes:

1st place
Each team member with receive a Vargas Hunter Package that includes:
* Sloop -purple hull and railing, black sideboards with Enlightened figurehead and Cursed helm
* Vargas the Mad banner
* Group portrait for the team featuring Hunting Vargas background*
* Rumbling pit
* Skull rings (black/purple)
* Bludgeon trunk
* Inscribed commemorative trinket

2nd place
Each team member with receive a Enlightened Hunter Package that includes:
* Tortoise furniture
* Rumbling pit
* Skull rings (black/violet)

3rd place
Each team member with receive a Cultist Hunter Package that includes:
* Panther (a.k.a. Big Cat)
* Bludgeon trunk
* Skull rings (black/violet)

Important things to remember!
* If the vessel changes hands or is sunk or anything else that makes the vessel records invisible to us, then they are not eligible.
* PoE won by any other means (pillaging, expeditions, etc) will not count and will be deducted from the total
* Booty lost to brigands on the way back will not be added again, you have to defend it!
* Items won in chests do not count for this event, those are extra prizes for the team members!
* Remember that not all posted entries will be eligible in terms of the starting and finishing bids, time, etc. and their booty still needs to be verified.
* Some entries may be disqualified, so post your run no matter what you did!
* Do include in your post the total PoE divided in the booty. We will start verifying the highest entries posted and move down the list.
* Keep in mind that the 120 minutes allotted for this contest will count from starting bid to ending bid - make sure to double check!
* Portrait date arrangements will be posted at a later date
* No PvP allowed
Edit:
* The one run must be a maximum of 120 minutes counting from starting bid to final bid and it must be between the 21st and the 24th of July. Runs outside those dates or above the time limit do not count!
* Each account may participate with one pirate per ocean.

Addendum to the rules
Rule 1: Clotho and Galene are always right
Rule 2: In the event that Clotho and Galene are wrong, see Rule 1.
Rule 3: If Clotho and Galene disagree, it will be settled out of court in a jelly-wrestling pit. Apollo will be judge.

Questions, discussion and feedback can all be posted here. Good luck!
Thanks to Jbb for sharing the idea for this event!

Para leer este concurso en español, haz clic aquí
----------------------------------------
[Edit 7 times, last edit by Clotho at Jul 30, 2011 3:11:48 PM]
[Jul 3, 2011 6:37:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Re: Cursed Isles Race - Loot and Plunder Allowed! [July 21-24, 2011] Reply to this Post

Rule 3: If Clotho and Galene disagree, it will be settled out of court in a jelly-wrestling pit. Apollo will be judge.

I have an issue with Rule 3. I want to Judge as well.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Jul 3, 2011 6:39:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Re: Cursed Isles Race - Loot and Plunder Allowed! [July 21-24, 2011] Reply to this Post

• Only one participation per pirate. If a pirate has already participated with another team, the second participation will not count!

• I do have an issue with this. There isn't a large pool of jobbers onthe Midnight ocean, as well as Cobalt and Mala. Is there no way to allow only one entry per pirate, but that another pirate can join multiple trips?

Edit: This just means Harrjm can run a trip, and Jacid will job with another, and Evasion with another....etc. Same for Tzz, Tzl, Tzm, Tzb. Blah!!
    Captain of Gods of War
    King of Tyranny
    Blockade madman
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by harrjm at Jul 3, 2011 6:49:08 PM]
    [Jul 3, 2011 6:46:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Phaerie2

• I do have an issue with this. There isn't a large pool of jobbers onthe Midnight ocean, as well as Cobalt and Mala. Is there no way to allow only one entry per pirate, but that another pirate can join multiple trips?

Edit: This just means Harrjm can run a trip, and Jacid will job with another, and Evasion with another....etc. Same for Tzz, Tzl, Tzm, Tzb. Blah!!

Aye but it also means that the competition won't be dominated by elite teams and their alts? Gives a more even spread to the particpation.
    Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
    [Jul 3, 2011 6:54:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    harrjm

Aye but it also means that the competition won't be dominated by elite teams and their alts? Gives a more even spread to the particpation.

No, it just means I have to take 30 seconds and log into another account to use a different pirate. Blah as I said.
    Captain of Gods of War
    King of Tyranny
    Blockade madman
    [Jul 3, 2011 6:56:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Jon1987

Only one participation per pirate. If a pirate has already participated with another team, the second participation will not count!

This rule is very fair!

If you allowed pirates to join multiple trips the same 7 pirate could win all the prizes.

For example.

Winners
    Navver- Pirate A

Jobbers Pirate B , C , D , E, F & G

Runner Up
    Navver - Pirate B

Jobbers - Pirates A , C , D, E , F & G

These are the same pirates but with a different Pirate 'leading' the CI run.
    [Jul 3, 2011 6:57:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Angelique82

Only one participation per pirate. If a pirate has already participated with another team, the second participation will not count!

This rule is very fair!

If you allowed pirates to join multiple trips the same 7 pirate could win all the prizes.

For example.

Winners
    Navver- Pirate A

Jobbers Pirate B , C , D , E, F & G

Runner Up
    Navver - Pirate B

Jobbers - Pirates A , C , D, E , F & G

These are the same pirates but with a different Pirate 'leading' the CI run.

Correct me if I am wrong (Clotho); but the above is actually possible if you just use alts.
    Meridian: Ever
    Emerald: Everlasting
    [Jul 3, 2011 7:14:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Gabo9

[quote[
    quote]

Do you mean that if a pirate enters the event with another team, his participation will not count on the second run, or that the whole team's participation will not count?

Jeasilver
  • [Jul 3, 2011 7:52:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    ade446

Tbh, the prizes are kinda lame, maybe throw in a couple of the new features of CI as prizes? Such as furni, the new crown or maybe a gator or two..

Edit:

A CI sloop maybe?
    Sincerely
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by ade446 at Jul 3, 2011 8:17:56 PM]
    [Jul 3, 2011 8:15:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Demonboyred

Basically, just use an alt for two of the three trips, and win all 3 of the terrible prizes.

My question is do we have to do this in the actual span of 120 minutes, or can we do one trip that is 60 minutes one day, then another that is 60 minutes the next day, and have that equal the 120?
    Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
    [Jul 3, 2011 10:27:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Reeves90

It is stated that we "must place a bid" As, allot of CI maps, especially the good ones are off of uninhabited islands, could we say, destroy 1 unit of stock when we leave and one unit when we get back? That leaves an equivalent note on the vessel record.

Looks like a really fun event, I already got part of a team >.>.

A prize upgrade would be really great.
    ~ Reeves/Rreeves ~
    [Jul 3, 2011 11:05:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Aeternis

Arrrrr, CI event.

Am I the only one who participates if there aren't any prizes at all?

Those prizes are no fams, gators or uber-rare furniture, but the event itself is nice, so i will participate.
    Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
    Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aeternis at Jul 4, 2011 11:25:22 AM]
    [Jul 4, 2011 4:53:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    PinGyp

Puhleaaaaaaase post links back to this post on entry threads!

Pingster flag officer chats, "Crap"
    Capy flag officer chats, "I saw my name.... what did i do?"

[Jul 4, 2011 6:30:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    marundel

Do we have to find our own CI charts, or will the OMs "magic" one up for us prior to start time?
    Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
    Prince, Super Awesomeness
    SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
    [Jul 4, 2011 7:48:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
    Clotho
    OceanMaster

I have an issue with Rule 3. I want to Judge as well.

Sorry, Apollo took all the judging spots!

I do have an issue with this. There isn't a large pool of jobbers onthe Midnight ocean, as well as Cobalt and Mala. Is there no way to allow only one entry per pirate, but that another pirate can join multiple trips?

There is enough time from now until the date of the race to find a suitable team, I am pretty sure you will all be able to find 6 more pirates to attempt a run. Due to the nature of the race, we doubt that anyone will be jobbing off the notice board for this event. And the rule stands, only once per pirate!

Correct me if I am wrong (Clotho); but the above is actually possible if you just use alts.

To make the rule clear: only one pirate per account is allowed to participate. If you wish to participate again on an alt it must not be a pirate on that same account.

That's the idea.

My question is do we have to do this in the actual span of 120 minutes, or can we do one trip that is 60 minutes one day, then another that is 60 minutes the next day, and have that equal the 120?

The one run must be a maximum of 120 minutes counting from starting bid to final bid and it must be between the 21st and the 24th of July. Runs outside those dates or above the time limit do not count!

It is stated that we "must place a bid" As, allot of CI maps, especially the good ones are off of uninhabited islands, could we say, destroy 1 unit of stock when we leave and one unit when we get back? That leaves an equivalent note on the vessel record.

No, sorry. There must be a starting bid and a final bid, please take this into account!

Arrrrr, CI event and I'm on vacation. Am I the only one who would participate if there wouldn't be any prizes at all?
    Those prizes are no fams, gators or uber-rare furniture, but the event itself is fun.

Exactly! The idea is to have a fun event for everyone, and the booty in the chests is added bonus. Besides, there will be more prizes added soon!

Puhleaaaaaaase post links back to this post on entry threads!

Done!

Do we have to find our own CI charts, or will the OMs "magic" one up for us prior to start time?

There is plenty of time to find your Cursed Isles charts, prepare to loot!
    [Jul 4, 2011 3:36:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Galene
    OceanMaster

Tbh, the prizes are kinda lame, maybe throw in a couple of the new features of CI as prizes? Such as furni, the new crown or maybe a gator or two..
    You'll have the normal odds of winning these items on your CI trips themselves. In order to preserve the "specialness" of prizes limited to specific types of events in game, these are not used as OM prizes for OM events.

With that said, we are still determining a fair set of other prizes to sweeten the pot, currently marked "TBA" (to be announced). I'd keep reasonable expectations here, however.
    Galene
    (12:24:59 PM) Oceanus: Hahaha ur ded on teh grond
    [Jul 4, 2011 4:14:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Arrrrr, CI event.

Am I the only one who participates if there aren't any prizes at all?

Those prizes are no fams, gators or uber-rare furniture, but the event itself is nice, so i will participate.

You are not alone!
    Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Jul 4, 2011 4:18:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    fishn_rox

I would join this event with no prizes too.

Can I buy a ticket to the jelly wrestling?
    Cheers, Plano.

Ye told Hera, "Since you have such GREAT taste... do you think you could fix our beloved Lima Inn? :P"
    Hera tells ye, "I'm not brave enough for that!"

Apollo tells ye, "Can I be your butler?"
    [Jul 4, 2011 10:25:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    rissarissa13

I'm going to post this as a dumb question..

But some people play multiple oceans. Say I was to place in the Viridian, but also say Sage under the same account and pirate name is this allowed?
    Riss -Sweet Surrender -Princess of Imperial Coalition - Meridian

But, even when our hopes give way to reality and we finally have to surrender to the truth, it just means we've lost today battle. Not tomorrows war. - Grey's Anatomy

[Jul 5, 2011 10:40:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    stunna159

uhm . if our ci map is off an uninhabited island is it fine if we forage say 1 fruit to mark the time . will you take this as a time stamp instead of the bid ticket ?
    ZUECE
    [Jul 5, 2011 4:11:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Lolwat

uhm . if our ci map is off an uninhabited island is it fine if we forage say 1 fruit to mark the time . will you take this as a time stamp instead of the bid ticket ?
    No they will not. You have to make a starting bid and a final bid. Find a CI next to an inhabited island!

But some people play multiple oceans. Say I was to place in the Viridian, but also say Sage under the same account and pirate name is this allowed?
    I think you can only use one pirate per account, no matter what ocean-s- you use.

PS: Jelly Wrestling tix plz.
    Licensed Gibberish-to-English translator.
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by Lolwat at Jul 5, 2011 5:44:09 PM]
    [Jul 5, 2011 5:41:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Clotho
    OceanMaster

Can I buy a ticket to the jelly wrestling?

Sorry, those are not available, Apollo snatched them all!

Each account may participate with one pirate per ocean.

Regarding the bids, Lolwat got it correct, thanks!
    [Jul 5, 2011 9:19:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Simodelgra

when is deadline??
    [Jul 6, 2011 2:03:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    XEcastasy

This event sounds like so much fun, especially when it feeds my Ci addiction! I will cross my fingers and wiggly toes that I will have stable internet connection during that week!

Although, this might have already been asked or mentioned and I may have been a doofus and missed it but...!

You mentioned that the same team may attempt the run on different ships, does it have to be the exact same team, person per person? or could there be minor changes, such as 1-2 different people than the previous team on that different ship.

Thanks!
    Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[Jul 6, 2011 5:14:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    tyman_101

You mentioned that the same team may attempt the run on different ships, does it have to be the exact same team, person per person? or could there be minor changes, such as 1-2 different people than the previous team on that different ship.

Any pirate can enter once. You can attempt as many runs as you want, but once you submit one, you're done.
    Fiercepirate
    [Jul 6, 2011 7:59:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    moonkissed

Im sorry - but i feel as if there should be an easier way to mark when we start out other then a bid ticket. Seems a bit impossible unless you have a map around an inhabited island. Anyway you can rethink this? make it a tiny bit easier for the people on smaller oceans - who love their Cursed Isles?
    Nightshade on the Meridian Ocean
    Captain of Immortal Pirates
    Princess of Argosy
    [Jul 6, 2011 11:06:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Clotho
    OceanMaster

Im sorry - but i feel as if there should be an easier way to mark when we start out other then a bid ticket. Seems a bit impossible unless you have a map around an inhabited island. Anyway you can rethink this? make it a tiny bit easier for the people on smaller oceans - who love their Cursed Isles?

I am sorry, but in this case we do need to be consistent, there is plenty of time to find a suitable map. On the other hand, every team will have the same restriction, even in our newest and smallest ocean: Jade!
    [Jul 6, 2011 2:20:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Clotho
    OceanMaster

when is deadline??

Starting 12:01AM on July 21st until July 24th at 11:59PM game time
    [Jul 6, 2011 2:39:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    sarahspirate

Will Apollo be nekkid jiggling again?? He broken Viridain jiggling at them!

So to be clear we will have to dig up maps ourselves and find one near inhabited islands?

And if i argue more am i made to jelly wrestle...its just i forgot my bikini!
    Sun says, "Bandana - 110 poe. Fine rum 65 poe. Smelling of mature cheese - priceless

Lillyliver.....planks outwit me!
    [Jul 6, 2011 2:40:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    marundel

I am sorry, but in this case we do need to be consistent, there is plenty of time to find a suitable map. On the other hand, every team will have the same restriction, even in our newest and smallest ocean: Jade!

No offense intended Clotho, but you've said this before, and it took me a day or two to mull it over. You say there is plenty of time to find a suitable map... but the maps dust after 8 days. So really, there isn't plenty of time. There is only 12 days - including the 4 days of the event. That window is even shorter for people wanting to take multiple stabs at it, as any map spawned on the 13th will dust on the first day of the comp (spawned on 14th will dust on second day, usw.) I play primarily on Cobalt. Considering that pillaging is dead there, the odds of winning a CI map on a pillage are pretty small. The odds of winning one between the 17th and 21st (the range required to have the chart available for the entire comp period) are even smaller. Add to that the odds that it will be off an inhabited island, and you may as well figure there will be no more than 1 or 2 competitors on that ocean with a real shot. It would seem that the real competition here is in acquiring the proper chart - at least as an unintended consequence.
    Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
    Prince, Super Awesomeness
    SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
    [Jul 6, 2011 6:17:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 117   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates