• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 41
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10785 times and has 40 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

Breaking Moos: Commending Cows! Create a Cow Card (Win a Hera doll!) [Winners Announced] Reply to this Post

Looking for the winners? Go here!

Hay! Have you herd the moos? July 18th is Cow Appreciation Day! I was udderly shocked to find absolutely no amoosing greeting cards celebrating this day in my local shops. Surely, this was a misteak! My gift of a bale of hay for my cows just won't be complete without a card where I can write my thanks! My darling cows will be in a bad moo'd if they think I don't appreciate them. Help!

Create a greeting card celebrating Cow Appreciation Day

What to do:
  • Create a Greetings Card celebrating Cow Appreciation Day by drawing an image and writing a greeting.
  • Host your images online at a site like http://imageshack.us/ or http://photobucket.com
  • Post a completed image of your creation (maximum size 600 x 600) here .
  • If you cannot make a post an image, please post a link to your image
  • Be sure to include your pirate name and ocean in your entry thread or put it in your signature.
  • The deadline for entries is 11:59PM game time on July 18. Entries posted or edited after that time will be disqualified.

Helpful links:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Howto:Post_an_Image How to post an image

Other Important Stuff that you need to read before starting your project!:
[1] This is a competition based on creating a greeting card. (Greeting Card: a decorative card sent to convey good wishes on some occasion)
[2] I want to see a drawn image for the front of the card, and text for the inside of it. If you prefer to just have the greeting on the front of the card and the inside blank, that is fine, but there must be some text indicating the purpose of the card. (No photographic images please! This is an art contest specifically aimed at drawing).
[3] You do not need to print the card out, two images (picture and text) are acceptable. Or just one image and typed text of what would go inside the card.
[4] Images should all be clean! General forum rules to decency apply!
[5] One entry only per player.
[6] This competition is open to all oceans. Winners will be announced in this thread and prizes placed into inventories. The number of prizes may vary according to the number of entries, but there will be at least one Hera Doll Trinket awarded.

Edit: expanded rules to clarify this is a drawing contest.
Edit2: Allowed the inside of the card to be blank, but there must be text on the card front indicating the purpose of the card.
----------------------------------------
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 7 times, last edit by Hera at Jul 29, 2011 6:30:16 PM]
[Jun 30, 2011 2:51:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kingmetmet

Re: Breaking Moos: Commending Cows! Create a Cow Card (Win a Hera doll!) Reply to this Post

Celebrate Cow Appreciation day by going vegan for a month, starting July 1st :D

Sexy vegan link
Kingmet
Not Retired, apparently.
Waiting for the Second Coming of Gneiss.

Turkeys says, "If you touch my haggis again, I'll cut your balls off and cook them."
Kingmet says, "Isn't that how you make haggis in the first place?&qu
[Jun 30, 2011 3:11:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bethieboo

Re: Breaking Moos: Commending Cows! Create a Cow Card (Win a Hera doll!) Reply to this Post

/dies from overuse of bovine-related puns

<3
Sera/phie

Yassenn says, "you'd be surprised, i made this really cool spreadsheet a week or two ago"

Avi by Wayfarer
[Jun 30, 2011 8:00:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PinGyp

Hand drawn and edited in such programs as PhotoShop is acceptable, right?

Pingster flag officer chats, "Crap"
Capy flag officer chats, "I saw my name.... what did i do?"

[Jun 30, 2011 9:43:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moninca

Can we make computer art, as long as we actually draw it ourselves, rather than use photos or renders?

EDIT: Just read your post below, Hera. Thanks for the quick answer. ^_^
Phyre on Viridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Moninca at Jun 30, 2011 10:23:54 PM]
[Jun 30, 2011 10:22:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Aye! An image drawn in a program such as PhotoShop is also acceptable. So long as it is an image that is drawn, you are good to go. Just steer* away from using photographs.

*Yes, I'm not quite punned out yet!

Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Jun 30, 2011 10:22:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Aye! An image drawn in a program such as PhotoShop is also acceptable. So long as it is an image that is drawn, you are good to go. Just steer* away from using photographs.

*Yes, I'm not quite punned out yet!

That's grazy talk. The cows right outside my window are just begging to be photographed! I guess they'll have to settle for posing while I draw. Or whatever you call it when you can't.

Time to put the cattle on and come up with some ideas.

Edit: Hera dunnit already D:<
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Snowpixie at Jun 30, 2011 10:47:47 PM]
[Jun 30, 2011 10:46:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
johnboring

had a great time with my entry, despite it taking most of the day!

Best of luck everyone, some great entries already =]
Boring. Hunter.
[Jul 1, 2011 6:10:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

So no 3D creations then?
~Saphireangel~

SO of Mischievous Drifters,
Lady of Maniacal Menagerie,
Cerulean, once a Cobalt native.
(also lurking on all English oceans)

Angelfish collector
Avatar gorgeousness by the lovely Angelira!
[Jul 1, 2011 10:09:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

So no 3D creations then?

No, sorry. This is a drawing competition. There may, in the future, be another card making event that will be specifically 3D encouraging the use of all sorts of lovely paper and notions, but not this time.
[Jul 1, 2011 2:32:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moninca

Can we do a double image? Meaning the image on the front of the card, then a second on the inside with the greeting? And if yes, do we need to split it into 2 300 x 300 images, or keep both images at 600 x 600?

Thanks. ^_^
Phyre on Viridian
[Jul 2, 2011 4:42:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

What I'm after is a card with an image on the front, and text inside. You can post a second image for the text if you are making it all pretty and colorful, but it isn't absolutely necessary to do that. Just adding the text below your image in the post would be sufficient.

If you do decide you want to post two images, keep to the rule that each image must be of a maximum size of 600 x 600. (There isn't the need to reduce each one to 300 x 300 if posting two, just don't post them side by side to prevent forum breakage!)
[Jul 3, 2011 1:00:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Are we allowed to include a small image with the text on the inside?

For example, if I did a card about an apple with a worm in it, and the result would be just the apple core, could I include a small apple core above or below the text on the inside?
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Jul 3, 2011 10:54:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

You can, but please keep in mind that I'll be judging based on the card's front image and inside text only. Additional images inside the card won't gain you additional points.
[Jul 3, 2011 12:07:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

Would we be allowed to draw/create the greeting card sans computer and take a picture of the greeting card? I has limited graphic art resources.

Edit: And I don't have a scanner, either. :(
Edit 2: Ohh, but I might have access to a scanner.
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Minsiem at Jul 3, 2011 5:28:59 PM]
[Jul 3, 2011 5:27:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

So long as the art work is drawn and not a photograph, then taking a photograph of it to enter it is fine.
[Jul 3, 2011 6:12:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelia

Could we include the greeting at text on the picture itself rather than inside the card?
Ryanne.

Buying:

Kraken Blood 11k, anywhere on the Midnight side of Cerulean.
Furniture in LE colors (spring green, ice blue, wine, banana, plum etc) - 10k each unless its a large piece of furniture, send me a tell.
Black CI trink
[Jul 4, 2011 2:22:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moninca

What I'm after is a card with an image on the front, and text inside. You can post a second image for the text if you are making it all pretty and colorful, but it isn't absolutely necessary to do that. Just adding the text below your image in the post would be sufficient.

If you do decide you want to post two images, keep to the rule that each image must be of a maximum size of 600 x 600. (There isn't the need to reduce each one to 300 x 300 if posting two, just don't post them side by side to prevent forum breakage!)

Okay, thank you. That'll work perfect then. ^_^ I know the inside picture doesn't add to it, but I prefer cards that have a "theme" carried on inside, so that's just a personal thing. lol
Phyre on Viridian
[Jul 4, 2011 1:13:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Could we include the greeting at text on the picture itself rather than inside the card?

Yes. If you want to have just text on the card front, and a blank inside the the card, just note 'inside blank' on your entry.
[Jul 4, 2011 1:52:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PinGyp

Wait, so ONLY text on the inside will count? If there's image that adds more humour to the text on the inside, doesn't matter?

[Jul 4, 2011 9:47:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

That is correct.
Hera wrote: 
You can, but please keep in mind that I'll be judging based on the card's front image and inside text only. Additional images inside the card won't gain you additional points.

[Jul 5, 2011 1:18:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Lovely Hera! Arghhy told me I missed ur inn b'day celebrations =( So I made you this!

Edit: Fixed =D

I hope you have an awesome birthday in a few weeks time!!! =D
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezmerelda_M at Jul 6, 2011 4:23:08 AM]
[Jul 6, 2011 2:15:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Thank you! It wasn't actually my birthday (blame Galene!), but I'll make a note to look back at that when it is my birthday in a few weeks time!
[Jul 6, 2011 3:43:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

Ohh, my bad! I'll remind my alt to stalk better!
[Jul 6, 2011 4:13:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Fixed!
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Jul 6, 2011 4:23:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
pscpamela

http://s683.photobucket.com/albums/vv196/sexykitty007/?action=view&current=cow.jpg
[Jul 11, 2011 5:08:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alkoyne

Turkeys deserve more appreciation, just saying.
[Jul 13, 2011 12:20:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PinGyp

Oh holy crap, forgot it's 18th, guess I have to hurry colouring my entry before it's over!

[Jul 18, 2011 1:48:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Thank you to all who entered! The competition is now closed for judging. Apologies in advance, as I think this may take some time due to the number of entries and the awesomeness of the puns they contain!
[Jul 19, 2011 2:00:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Thank you to all who entered this competition. I had glanced at the entry thread during the competition so knew I was going to have a tough time, but it was only when I settled down to judge your wonderful entries that I realized just how difficult it was going to be!

I really couldn't decide on just one winner because they were all so good, but I've finally managed to decide on the top three. All these mates will soon have their very own Hera doll in their inventories:

In no particular order of awesomeness!

Azuruu of Hunter The stylized heart background together with the psychedelic cow made a very interesting and original card. Udderly wonderful!

Caribee of Midnight Your puns were Epic and had me (and everyone else I showed them to) in stitches. Moovelous work!

Wahee of Hunter Cuteness overload! A very simple card, but wonderfully effective. Did I mention cute? I'm sure I must have!

I had an even more difficult time deciding on Runners Up. Winning a Hera Egg and a Daisy trinket and, again, in no particular order are:

Bunnlyaroo of Sage Lovely art work and fun poem!
Adrielle of Viridian Very effective use of just black and white - I missed the horse first time I looked!
Pyre of Viridian Lovely simple design that I could totally see produced as a card. Awesome puns too!
Greylady of Malachite I shall never be able to look at Moonstones in quite the same way again!
Iong of Viridian Your card was simple and effective, and your poem made me giggle. I've never before seen poetry include the words 'lactate juices'. Nice Doctor Who reference too!
Dexla of Midnight Loved the heart shapes on the cow and the puns. Well done!

And lastly honourable mentions (and an iceCREAM trinket) to
Turkeys of Hunter I just knew someone would sneak in a reference to cow pats!
Arghhpirate of Viridian Simple and effective use of colour and design!
Masters of Hunter Lovely work (although I'll refrain from going out and bonding with my cows by eating grass!
Rhodanite of Midnight 'Decalf...?' *groans*

Again, thank you to all who entered. This was incredibly difficult to judge and every entry was udderly moovelous. You all deserve a 'pat on the head'!* Prizes should be in your inventories now!

(*Apollo made me say that!)
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Hera at Jul 29, 2011 6:32:45 PM]
[Jul 29, 2011 6:28:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates