• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 56
Posts: 56   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11003 times and has 55 replies Next Thread
Ezmerelda_M

CHANGE THE LEOPARD'S SPOTS! [Winners Announced!] Reply to this Post

(Art contest; Win a leopard pet!)

We pirates can change our clothes whenever we feel like a change, but what about leopards? Sometimes leopards want to change their appearance, dress up, style their hair and feel a bit fashionable too!

This event is an art contest (for either computer generated or drawn in real-life and scanned in 2D artwork).

What you need to do:
I want you to draw me a picture of your stylish leopard, dressed to impress! As well as wanting to see some fashionable leopards, I also want to see the "spot" (or scene) where these leopard-fashions might be worn! Yes, your leopard should be somewhere, and your picture should have a background (such as a fashion show, jungle, tourist attraction - wherever you think your leopard and his/her outfit would fit in!). You may include a short written description along with your drawing.

Entries should be posted as images (see how to post a picture using image tags here) in the entry thread , along with your pirate name and ocean, before midnight game-time on the 28th of June, 2011.

Additional Rules:
    *One entry per person.
    *All artwork must be your own; drawn by you.
    *All images must be forum appropriate.
    *Pictures may be drawn in real-life and scanned in, or they may be drawn using computer software.
    *All artwork should be 2D (no sculptures, sorry!)
    *Images must be less than or equal to 600 x 600 pixels in size.
    *Entries posted or edited after midnight game-time on the 28th of June, 2011 will be disqualified.

Judging:
Entries will be judged by myself, and possibly a small team of special top-secret judges. In judging, we will be looking at the quality of your artwork, your fashionable idea, how well your artwork gets your idea across, and adherence to the rules and theme of the contest.

Prizes:
Prizes will include a leopard pet, and other shinies! (These prizes will be provided by me, and will be delivered to prize-winners on any ocean by a very lovely Ocean Master).

Please post your entries in the entry thread .

Feel free to post any questions in this thread.

Good luck! =D

Edit:
Thanks heaps to Tritón for the translation!
En Espanol
----------------------------------------
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Ezmerelda_M at Jul 5, 2011 2:20:10 AM]
[Jun 13, 2011 3:41:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Re: CHANGE THE LEOPARD'S SPOTS! [Deadline Jun 28] Reply to this Post

Are stick leopards acceptable? lol
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jun 13, 2011 3:43:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Hehe! Of course =)
[Jun 13, 2011 3:46:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Can the leopard be Anthropomorphized?

That is, standing like a human?

Or must they be in 4 leg pose?
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Jun 13, 2011 3:58:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Yes, as long as it still looks like a leopard (and not a human body with a leopard head stuck on or something ;D).
[Jun 13, 2011 4:02:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
stormy1709

I'm a little confused. Do I actually change the spots on the leopard?
[Jun 13, 2011 4:25:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Apollo's rockin' with Artpad. I think he's been practicing....
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jun 13, 2011 8:58:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Apollo's rockin' with Artpad. I think he's been practicing....

Ohh, and it replays again! I'd forgotten how much fun that is.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Jun 13, 2011 12:05:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

That's just semi-disturbing...good artwork...but scary.
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Jun 13, 2011 12:23:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

I'm a little confused. Do I actually change the spots on the leopard?

You can if you like, but you don't have to. Your leopard might like to dress up in clothing, or style its hair/fur, or dye itself - it is up to you =D Your artwork should be original, though - so you need to draw your leopard rather than just drawing over the leopard in the game art.
[Jun 13, 2011 8:25:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Jaxum

My son "plays" YPP, and I'm wondering if it'd be appropriate for him to enter this competition. He has really wanted leopard, but cannot afford it. He is only 8 and he is not subbed. He tags along on my boats bouncing from puzzle to puzzle every 2 minutes or so and then immediately spends any poe he gets on cloths and furniture.

He'd really like to participate in this competition, I just want to make sure that everyone feels that's appropriate. He plays on Liljax on Cobalt.

Thanks,
Jaxum
[Jun 14, 2011 10:23:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sonar77

My son "plays" YPP, and I'm wondering if it'd be appropriate for him to enter this competition. He has really wanted leopard, but cannot afford it. He is only 8 and he is not subbed. He tags along on my boats bouncing from puzzle to puzzle every 2 minutes or so and then immediately spends any poe he gets on cloths and furniture.

He'd really like to participate in this competition, I just want to make sure that everyone feels that's appropriate. He plays on Liljax on Cobalt.

Thanks,
Jaxum

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/Terms.xhtml

A quote from the Terms of Service : "2. Age Requirement. Puzzle Pirates is a game intended for a more mature audience and, as such, is only offered to players 13 year or older. By accepting the Terms of Service when playing Puzzle Pirates, you affirm that you are of 13 years of age or older."

Breaking the Terms of Use usually leads to a ban on the account, preventing the minor to access his account. Usually, age-restricted bans tend to last until he is the appropriate age to play the game [13 years old].
(¯`v´¯;
`·.¸ Rachel of the Meridian Ocean
¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸.·¨¯`
[Jun 14, 2011 12:42:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sonar77

Also, directed at Adrielle, can the leopard not be in a physical spot, such as on a business card or money?
(¯`v´¯;
¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸.·¨¯`
[Jun 14, 2011 12:43:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

hmmm...it doesn't say it's necessary, but everyone else seems to have used artpad...is it ok that I didn't?
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Jun 14, 2011 1:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sonar77

hmmm...it doesn't say it's necessary, but everyone else seems to have used artpad...is it ok that I didn't?

I didn't either - I'm pretty sure since it didn't say so, it's fine :D
(¯`v´¯;
¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸.·¨¯`
[Jun 14, 2011 1:45:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Thanks,
Jaxum
I'm not quite sure how to answer that one! I don't mind him entering, but I think you may have just admitted to breaking to Terms of Service of the game.

---------------------------------

From the contest post:

*Pictures may be drawn in real-life and scanned in, or they may be drawn using computer software.
(You can use anything you like, you do not need to use artpad).

--------------------------------

Also, directed at Adrielle, can the leopard not be in a physical spot, such as on a business card or money?
I guess he/she could =) It is open to your artistic interpretation!

--------------------------------

Also - please remember:
From the contest post:

Entries should be posted as images (see how to post a picture using image tags here) in the entry thread, along with your pirate name and ocean
I need to know who you are to deliver prizes!!! =D
[Jun 14, 2011 3:53:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I need to know who you are to deliver prizes!!! =D

No you don't. Just give em all to me :D
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jun 14, 2011 7:22:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ambaliya

can it be a matte painting?

[Jun 15, 2011 2:58:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Katebarloww

Addy, this is awesome! *scurries off to artpad*
Not / Maliya. Mostly Emerald.
[Jun 15, 2011 8:09:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragunelis

Waaaait.. and the prize is a leopard?

Dungy from Hunter
[Jun 17, 2011 5:34:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trochilus

Yes, as long as it still looks like a leopard (and not a human body with a leopard head stuck on or something ;D).

But what if the leopard wants to dress up as a human? (for example, by wearing an inflatable sumo-suit or muscle suit?)
Trochilus of Meridian
Fleet Officer of the Deadly Dragon.

"The truth shall make ye fret"
[Jun 18, 2011 10:20:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

But what if the leopard wants to dress up as a human? (for example, by wearing an inflatable sumo-suit or muscle suit?)
As long as I can tell that it is a suit, that is fine :)
----------------

Waaaait.. and the prize is a leopard?
From the original post:

Prizes will include a leopard pet, and other shinies!
(So, yes :D)
[Jun 18, 2011 3:17:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Entries should be posted as images (see how to post a picture using image tags here) in the entry thread , along with your pirate name and ocean, before midnight game-time on the 28th of June, 2011.

Pretty please take note of this rule! There are a number of entries in the entry thread that haven't posted their entries as images...
[Jun 24, 2011 2:35:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Wolfgang_II

Wowee! this is gonna be my first event since I been away...just logged on yesterday...love it...best game ever...same as I always remember it...i am so entering this!

Just got my wacom tablet a few months ago! I gotta get to work!

Awesome entries so far...hope they keep coming in!

Woot...it's good to be back!
Mrteach on that thar Viridian Ocean...Arrrrr!!!
[Jun 25, 2011 4:05:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moninca

Pretty please take note of this rule! There are a number of entries in the entry thread that haven't posted their entries as images...

lol I got the image post part right, but forgot the name and ocean. :P Added now. Thanks for the reminder. ^_^
Phyre on Viridian
[Jun 25, 2011 7:36:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

This contest is now being judged =D
Unfortunately there were quite a few entries that did not follow the rules... Which makes Adrielle cry! However -

Fortunately, there were lots of great entries that did follow the rules! I will have the results for you as soon as possible! =D
[Jun 29, 2011 3:50:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Wolfgang_II

Can't wait!

One question, will you please let anyone who violated rules know what they violated? Because sometimes minor rules are easy to miss. If they are pointed out, however, people are less likely to miss them again. I personally would want to know.

Thanks!
Mrteach on that thar Viridian Ocean...Arrrrr!!!
[Jun 29, 2011 5:40:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ironmercede

OMG I MADE THE WRONG SIZE DIDNT I PLEASE DONT DISQUALIFY I WASNT SURE HOW TO DO IT!!!
[Jun 29, 2011 6:39:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Ironmercede [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Yep, me too! Too used to doing backgrounds, didn't pay attention to the 600x600 limit. Oh well, had a great time anyway.
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Jun 29, 2011 7:30:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

I think this might be the "broken rule" in question...a lot of the people who used ArtPad only posted a link, rather than their image... although it is super fun to watch the animation of the picture being created :)
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Jun 29, 2011 9:59:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 56   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates