• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2383 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
WildKatz12

Hello, i wanna buy subs and a friend told me that i can do that whit poes....

A friend told me that i can buy subs whit poes... Someone sells ? I accept all the help :p Tanks people, pls answer You can add me to hearties to talk about too :p
[May 14, 2011 9:20:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Re: Hello, i wanna buy subs and a friend told me that i can do that whit poes....

TOS 7.8 wrote: 
Auctions and Sales. It is against Three Rings policy to allow accounts, characters, items, subscription time or money to be sold - for real money, on auction sites, or otherwise. We will ask auction sites to respect this policy. We only allow trading of Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates items within the game in exchange for other Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates items. We do not allow trades concerning any other game's accounts, characters, items, or money to be performed, advertised, or solicited. We will terminate accounts that we believe are in violation of this policy.

Such trades are also unenforceable - if the other player takes your money and runs, you have no recourse.
----------------------------------------
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[May 14, 2011 9:36:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Re: Hello, i wanna buy subs and a friend told me that i can do that whit poes....

Umm, I think the TOS section you quoted is talking about selling things for real money. I believe the OP is asking about buying subscription time with poe, which I believe is also against the TOS, just in a different section.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[May 14, 2011 1:40:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
MissCee

You can buy subscriptions with doubloons. So if you earn poe on a doubloon ocean, you can turn that into a subscription.
Misscee on Cobalt

[May 14, 2011 2:47:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Umm, I think the TOS section you quoted is talking about selling things for real money. I believe the OP is asking about buying subscription time with poe, which I believe is also against the TOS, just in a different section.

It does say "or otherwise". Regardless, I asked an OM for clarification about that part and the part that reads "Gift subscription time is for gift purposes only and may not be traded." and was told that they do indeed mean you're not to "sell" sub time for PoE.

Like I said, I think it's mainly the problem of enforcement. I've gifted people sub time on a few occasions, and I'm sure that the people I was willing to gift would certainly have been honest about paying me for it. The problem is if you do it purely for profit you start running into the people that scam.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[May 14, 2011 6:51:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ontrix

It does say "or otherwise". Regardless, I asked an OM for clarification about that part and the part that reads "Gift subscription time is for gift purposes only and may not be traded." and was told that they do indeed mean you're not to "sell" sub time for PoE.

Like I said, I think it's mainly the problem of enforcement. I've gifted people sub time on a few occasions, and I'm sure that the people I was willing to gift would certainly have been honest about paying me for it. The problem is if you do it purely for profit you start running into the people that scam.

for real money, on auction sites, or otherwise.

This is the important line. They are referring to selling those things for real money, and then outlining that if you use auction sites or anything other method that it is still covered by the TOS.
Jalan, on every ocean. A slow shrew from Cobalt.

"Fas est et ab hoste doceri" -Ovid
(It is right to learn, even from the enemy)
[May 14, 2011 7:15:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates