• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4862 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
cybrpyro

The 500k Bagel Run

The 500k Bagel Run!

Ahoy mates!

Static Before the Storm is pleased to announce a Storm Chasers Island Race on Saturday May 14th High Noon Pirate Time! Come win yourself a nice pile of eights!

Our race course will be from Kirin Island, to Dendrite and back again.

All teams will be required to complete a Brigand King task in the race that will be announced here before the race begins.(Task will be announced in this forum and to all teams in advance of the go time)

Any flags are eligible to compete.

Starting Line: Kirin Island
Ship Type: Each flag is to use one Baghlah. (Ships that have the same name as a similar ship in the same crew or that are ported at Kirin are not allowed to enter)
Crew Size: To be determined by each flag. The flag will designate who is their official contact person and one alternate. Jobbers are allowed. (You must be in possession of the ship deed as we will need to check ship records. Swabbie transport is not allowed)
Date: Saturday May 14th
Time: Noon PST (Registration to begin at 11:30am. Preregistration is available. Just post intent to race in this thread. You MUST be registered to be eligible to win)
Supplies: Supplies are the sole responsibility of the competitors
Maps: Initial charting will be available at Kirin. Any further recharts are the sole responsibility of the competing team. Courtesy charting will be available but will be on a first come/first serve basis. Static Before the Storm is not responsible for any delays.

Shops must buy 1 good from the palace on Kirin after 12:00 pirate time to signify their starting time, and sell 1 good back to the palace on Kirin to mark their ending time. Winner of the race is the first flag to return to Kirin after successfully completing the Brigand King task. Any ships that arrive within the same minute will be considered a tie. Competitors are not allowed to change ships. They must finish the race in the same ship they began the race (unless something wet and sinkie has happened to said ship, in which case they may start over with a new Baghlah of their choosing). Additional jobbing is allowed throughout the competition. One registered contact person must remain on the ship throughout the race.

Only one entry per flag. PVP is allowed (even encouraged).

In the unlikely event of a tie, a sudden death 3-3 drinking match will take place! Yarr!

The Prizes:

First Place: 350k eights
Second Place: 100k eights
Third Place: 50k eights

(all teams do not need to finish in order to determine the winners. All decisions will be final.)

Keep an eye on this thread for additional information.

-A special thanks to the folks over at Moonlighting on Midnight for allowing us to use their event as a base plan.

-SBS reserves the right to modify this event up until Registration time in case of errors, poor playability, or just drunken errors.

-We will need a minimum of 5 entrants in order for this event to take place. In the event that we have less than five participants, smaller prizes will be awarded.

Registered entries:
----------------------------------------
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[May 5, 2011 6:30:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Re: The 500k Bagel Run

<reserved for Q&A>

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[May 5, 2011 6:32:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MissCee

C'mon gang... You know you want a piece of Cybrpyro's PoE!
Misscee on Cobalt

[May 9, 2011 9:38:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cranepirates

I would participate, if I had a Bagel Baghlah down on kirin, And if a selfish man *Cough*Poker*Cough* hadn't taken all my poe :(
RIP Cobalt

Halflight of Cerulean
Captain of Treble Makers
King of Musicology
My Awesome Avatar by Angelira !
[May 12, 2011 9:40:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SoulMotion12

Mixed Nuts will be honored and happy to enter the race. Please consider this to be our intent to register.

Thanks!
Soulmotion
[May 12, 2011 6:39:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Cybr - one quick question: You have us buying and selling a single item to mark the start and end times, but then state that the first one to return to Kirin is the winner. Does that mean everyone starts spot-on 12:00 and first one back is the winner, or is the winner determined by the buy and sell times?
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[May 13, 2011 6:36:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Correct. Go time is 12:00 then you must buy one item to signify that you did not leave early. When you return, you must sell one item to mark your end time.

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[May 13, 2011 10:35:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

So at a guess uve people checking on the dock? :) could have a snooze for 30 mins, not sail and jjust sell aian or make it buy at kirn, sell/buy at other isle then sell at kirin?
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[May 13, 2011 1:04:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

So at a guess uve people checking on the dock? :) could have a snooze for 30 mins, not sail and jjust sell aian or make it buy at kirn, sell/buy at other isle then sell at kirin?

Then you would not have completed your BK task.....

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[May 13, 2011 1:13:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Due to a game glitch (we could not drop on the island) this event has been pushed back to start at 1:00 PIRATE TIME!!!!!

Now for some filler.... All participants will have an appointed representative contact me no later than 12:30 pirate time to be jobbed into the crew for any final briefings and Q&A. this person will stay crewed in so they can hear any in-race announcements.

All crews must sail from Kirin to Dendrite, ACROSS the blockade board, port on Dendrite and then return to Kirin. While on the blockade board participants will need to collect 10 points. When these points are collected, the crew will be green lighted to continue on their journey. Failure to collect the points means disqualification in the race.

I think that just about covers it. Hope to see ye out there tomorrow.

Cheers!

-Cybr.

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[May 13, 2011 1:19:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

How do we verify that we port at Dendrite?

Can we earn partial points, port at Dendrite, deport (back onto the board) and finish the 10 points on the way out?
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[May 13, 2011 1:51:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

How do we verify that we port at Dendrite?

Can we earn partial points, port at Dendrite, deport (back onto the board) and finish the 10 points on the way out?

I will be watching you. And you can get your 10 points on either pass of the blockade board, but they cannot be shared points. They must count as points for your flag.

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[May 13, 2011 4:53:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MissCee

Just for fun, I will be driving a boat in this race as well (I don't count as part of placement).

If anyone is ready for a good laugh at me behind the nav wheel (if you know me, that is super rare), I would love to job you on my ship tomorrow.

I will match the prize money to be split with all the jobbers that stay with me for the run :)
Misscee on Cobalt

[May 13, 2011 7:31:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Also, for those that are interested in entering I can sell you a Baghlah on Kirin for the price they are selling at the shipyards on Kirin.

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cybrpyro at May 14, 2011 8:32:19 AM]
[May 14, 2011 8:31:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MissCee

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Big thanks to all the jobbers on my ship. You all made it a really fun trip :)
Misscee on Cobalt

[May 14, 2011 2:58:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SoulMotion12

On behalf of the flag Mixed Nuts and personally, I would like to extend our thanks to Cybrpyro for the Race Event to Dendrite and back. Great job on organizing this event Cybr, and also I would like to congratulate Misscee and Pizzahutpete for making it a fun competition! Good job everyone! I would also like to extend a public thank you to all of our folks from Mixed Nuts as well as the jobbers that came out and participated and puzzled hard for us. (If any jobber did NOT receive their bonus, please send me a tell) Thanks again!

Soulmotion
[May 14, 2011 2:58:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Thanks to all that came out and had some fun today.

1st Place: Misscee and Beautiful Mess
2nd Place: Soulmotion and the Mixed Nuts Gang (for 350k in prizes)
3rd Place: Pizzahutpete and the Super Awesomeness Gang (for 200k in prizes)

It was amusing to watch the stalker chase the contestants around the board and nullify their points. And a good lesson to all... make sure you have enough rum. =D

Hopefully we will be able to do this again in some form or another and get some more mates involved. Until then...

Cheers!

-Cybr

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[May 14, 2011 4:43:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Thanks for a great event Cybr - and thanks to Soulmotion and Miscee for solid competition. Of course, we couldn't have run the race without the awesome jobbers, crew and flagmates that were on board producing some outstanding DRs. We had a terrific bunch of folks sailing with us today.

I have to say that the point nullification wasn't my biggest frustration - it was that damned undermanned MG that was S O S L O W and stayed in front of me the whole way out to Dendrite. I must have turned about more than 2 dozen times. As for the rum... ported with one barrel of grog in the hold :)
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[May 14, 2011 11:24:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates