• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2642 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
camero56

"Cobalt Poker Tournament" as hosted by Misscee and Freak

there supposedly not associciating so ignore this thread
----------------------------------------
my pirates name is Triumph
[Edit 6 times, last edit by camero56 at Apr 29, 2011 2:23:25 AM]
[Apr 26, 2011 6:09:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Re: "Cobalt Poker Tournament" as hosted by

hello everybody,
are you fed up up of people joining a table with the min buy in then rebuying after they lose?
are you a high roller on the poker tables?

well this be your chance.

i am organising a poker tournament for 12 or 18 players with a 250k poe buy in (or more if people vote it), the top 4 and 6 players respectively will win money.

we will use 3 private 6-player tables, of 20 - 200 no limit.

How it will work
when we get down to half of the players, or when all of the players remaining ar above 200 chips. we will go up to the 200 - 2k table, as a way of increasing the big blind. once half of the players are removed from the table, that table stops playing and waits for the other tables to have eliminated them, once the final 6 or 9 players are available they join on 1 table to find the winner,

in the case of a player being under 200 chips upon entering the final table. either they are kicked out, or they get to round up to 200 chips.

prize money splits

12 people

1st : 37% 1 million poe
2nd : 26% 780 k poe
3rd :18% 540 k poe
4th : 14% 420 k poe

everyone else the pleasure of taking part

18 people

1st : 26.5% 1.1925 million poe
2nd : 22% 990 thousand poe
3rd : 17.5% 787 thousand poe
4th : 13.5% 607 thousand poe
5th : 10% 450 thousand poe
6th : 7% 315 thousand poe

everyone else, the pleasure of taking part. in this grand game

and if you've worked out that those dont total up to 100% it is because i am taking a small percentage of the money

my main and only fear is of little nublets joining the table, we wil have to have players already on the buy in button to stop players, and we will have to warn them of what is going on,

if its on a private table on a boat at an uninhabited island can anyone no one be there?

Bullshit! Stupidhead NEVER kept one Piece Of Eight from the prize pool of the ISPT. In fact, he gave away tons more poe and prizes on top of the posted prize pools.

Also, If you don't know how to make a table with ONLY those who entered and paid their entry fee, then you have no business making a poker tourney.

I like the idea of another poker tourney but I think you just need to give this a little more thought.
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Apr 26, 2011 6:48:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stynat

I think its pretty normal for him to take some money of it.
Besides he has to be online all the time and doesnt have any chance to win something.

Touché!
[Apr 26, 2011 7:23:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

I think its pretty normal for him to take some money of it.
Besides he has to be online all the time and doesnt have any chance to win something.

Touché!

Additionally, who cares if he has to be online to run this "event"?

Stevensam and I (and a couple others) stayed online for hours to help Stupidhead run his tournaments...even when we were either already eliminated or not playing at all. And we sure as shit didn't expect to get paid for doing so.
So no it's NOT normal for him to take some money off it.

Secondly, all one has to do is make a private table in their homes ( or on a boat ) and actually INVITE the participants to the house (or boat) when it is time to play. This way nobody gets to join the table who isn't supposed to.

TUSHY!!!

Freak
[Apr 26, 2011 8:00:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
camero56

o i thought private was just that island, is it really just that building or boat?

cool.

and the the people you are talking about is your seniour officer, and the other one invented a reccurring event, of course he wont mind.

it isnt sponsored by TV rights, so yeah i am going to take a small part of it.

you just sound greedy "the thrill is in the chase", if its in the prize your head isnt in the right place.

can you remove your comment?
my pirates name is Triumph
[Apr 26, 2011 9:00:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

o i thought private was just that island, is it really just that building or boat?

cool.

and the the people you are talking about is your seniour officer, and the other one invented a reccurring event, of course he wont mind.

it isnt sponsored by TV rights, so yeah i am going to take a small part of it.

you just sound greedy "the thrill is in the chase", if its in the prize your head isnt in the right place.

can you remove your comment?

How am I being greedy? I said nothing about the prizes.
You are being greedy by expecting the entrants to basically pay you for the honor of being in your "event"

While people paid Stupidhead an entry fee to enter his tourneys, ALL of that went to the prize pool.

Also what does SH being an SO in my "crew" have to do with anything? It doesn't change the fact that he literally GAVE millions of poe away.

As for the other person mentioned, I have yet to come across an event he did that required people to pay to play. (he may have but I am not aware of it)

P.S. ""Invented a recurring event"" doesn't quite encompass SS's event-running experience.

Freak
[Apr 26, 2011 9:16:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

I already won the bigger tourney so I am cool with this lower win amount =-). You wont be able to do an event where you profit from it nobody will join.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Apr 26, 2011 9:41:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

[Awesome stuff Freak said]

You wont be able to do an event where you profit from it nobody will join.

Both QFT
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Apr 26, 2011 12:02:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
MissCee

Freak... I've got the deed for Dionysos's Xebec named "Vegas Baby Vegas". Let's do a poker tourney on there with me and you organizing. I'll be happy to host.
Misscee on Cobalt

[Apr 26, 2011 10:51:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Freak... I've got the deed for Dionysos's Xebec named "Vegas Baby Vegas". Let's do a poker tourney on there with me and you organizing. I'll be happy to host.

Yes please.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Apr 26, 2011 11:47:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Cobalt players only this time, k thanks. I like how he edited his original post, I am sure they will make a differnt thread not wanting to associate with your crappy Poker Tourney.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Raider81 at Apr 27, 2011 4:12:19 AM]
[Apr 27, 2011 4:10:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates