• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 55
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10028 times and has 54 replies Next Thread
IVdripper

Re: Engagement ??? Real Life not PP

Freak, for that post and many other reasons, I <3 you!
----------------------------------------
IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Apr 1, 2011 4:59:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
hoofhearted

First off, wash the truck and clean it out (even under the seats, com'on man, she's worth it). Try to be less than a half hour late picking her up and open the door for her to get in the truck. Stay there til she climbs all the way in and close the door for her, don't just run around to your side and expect her to close the door (shows you have some class, ladies like class!) Since it's a big night, take her to the MacDonalds and let her order anything she wants, not just off the dollar menu! After dinner, take her to a movie (not the dollar theater) and this time let HER sneak in first while YOU are the lookout ( I think they call that chevrolet or chiva-something).

Now, when the movies done comes the big moment. While you're out spotlighting deer, pull over and ask her to get out with you because you think you just saw a monster buck. While you're both standing there looking at, well, probably nothing, pretend to drop the spot light. DON'T ACTUALLY DROP IT, darn things are too expensive!. While down there conveniently on one knee retrieving the spotlight, whip out the ring and say "Hey, you probably ain't gonna do no better. Why not marry me?" This has worked for me 3 times so far, so it's a proven winner!

Seriously, try to remember your firsts. Place you first saw each other, where you first went out to eat together, where you saw your first movie together, first kiss... you get the idea. Then take her out one night and visit each of those places. Ask her if she remembers the place and what happened there. Finally, find a nice romantic place you two have never been to before and take her there. Ask again if she remembers the place (of course she won't) and tell her you can't believe she doesn't remember the most special place of all... then do the kneel thing and tell her this is the place you asked her to marry you.

Which ever way you chose, I hope you two have a long and happy marriage... and your kids have her looks and your... last name?

Jak "the red-neck romantic" Aubrey
Jakaubrey
[Apr 1, 2011 7:45:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

if you don't want to wait for May, and if you're a celebrator of this particular holiday: hide a bunch of eggs full of candy for an Easter Egg hunt for her - around the house or in the backyard. Put the ring in one of them (and remember where you put that egg!)

The one with the ring will feel different when she picks it up - either it'll be a box not really moving or the ring sliding around by itself - so she'll probably open it. If not, you make her open them all at the end.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Apr 2, 2011 7:36:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

So, you're in the bathroom. You're brushing your teeth. Or something. She's, like, outside the bathroom. She hears a loud thump! Then comes the unsettling groan. "Uh... what are you doing in there?" Another thump, and you yell "I dropped it! I dropped it! Ahhhh! Help me!" She rushes in to investigate. Then she's pretty weirded out when you're on the floor with a ring in your hand. The end.
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Minsiem at Apr 5, 2011 9:15:42 PM]
[Apr 5, 2011 9:15:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dreilly

#1 Put the ring into an egg and play egg toss with her. After a couple throws back and forth chuck it at her face. When it explodes she will find the ring and be super happy!!111!1!11! THE END!

#2 Oh this one is perfect for you. Find a guy that you can pay to get beaten up. Then you take your girl to a fiiine restaurantay and as you are walking out, you bump the guy in the shoulder and start a scuffle. You get into this real tough looking fight and then you totally own him up. The guy then surrenders a nifty looking box that you give to your girl. SHE OPENS IT AND FINDS THE RING AND YOU LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER THE END!

#3 Buy a cat and put the ring on its collar. Show the cat to your girl as her new present, but let it jump out of your arms and run across the street where it will be hit by an oncoming semi. Your girl will run crying to the poor dead animal, but she will be crying tears of joy when she finds the ring and comes rushing into your arms! THE END!

#4 Cook your girl's favorite meal and hide the ring in something that she has to gulp down whole. After she finishes eating, tell her she is the fattest thing you have ever seen and she will run crying to the bathroom and make herself throw up. Then she will see the ring and be super happy!!!! THE END!

More coming soon.

I hope I win!!!!
Cem/Cemikila
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dreilly at Apr 6, 2011 12:34:57 AM]
[Apr 6, 2011 12:19:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

Just to note ive never proposed :P so meh but here goes, take her out on a 3 course meal have the plates covered as the come (if ye can) have the main the puding, and a plate with a set of rings >.> or a plate with a ring each, once theyve been seen by her get down on your knee :P
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hirsty at Apr 6, 2011 6:42:01 AM]
[Apr 6, 2011 6:40:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marick68

#1 Put the ring into an egg and play egg toss with her. After a couple throws back and forth chuck it at her face. When it explodes she will find the ring and be super happy!!111!1!11! THE END!

#2 Oh this one is perfect for you. Find a guy that you can pay to get beaten up. Then you take your girl to a fiiine restaurantay and as you are walking out, you bump the guy in the shoulder and start a scuffle. You get into this real tough looking fight and then you totally own him up. The guy then surrenders a nifty looking box that you give to your girl. SHE OPENS IT AND FINDS THE RING AND YOU LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER THE END!

#3 Buy a cat and put the ring on its collar. Show the cat to your girl as her new present, but let it jump out of your arms and run across the street where it will be hit by an oncoming semi. Your girl will run crying to the poor dead animal, but she will be crying tears of joy when she finds the ring and comes rushing into your arms! THE END!

#4 Cook your girl's favorite meal and hide the ring in something that she has to gulp down whole. After she finishes eating, tell her she is the fattest thing you have ever seen and she will run crying to the bathroom and make herself throw up. Then she will see the ring and be super happy!!!! THE END!

More coming soon.

I hope I win!!!!

Cem wins.... I decided for Cripplz
Grg on Cobalt
Grg on Sage

Also on every other ocean.

Long live the Great Cacti Power!

Offical member of the Oceanus Stalking Armored Division 2, and the Hera Floating Division 2

"Hera stalks Grg!"
[Apr 6, 2011 7:27:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dkzk

Here's what I did:
For a few weeks proceeding my proposal, every time I saw her, I gave her a small wraped present. Nothing expensive, chocolates, movie tickets, little dodads and trinkets.
Finally, the last present had the ring in it, I proposed. She was completely taken by surprise.

Congrats Mate! May your marriage be happy and fruitful!

AlbinoDalton
Snaps

[Edit 1 times, last edit by dkzk at Apr 10, 2011 12:34:54 PM]
[Apr 10, 2011 12:32:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Apr 11, 2011 9:31:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Wow...that's an idea. The unbreakable vow is a little creepy in the context, but for Harry Potter geeks, an excellent plan!
[Apr 11, 2011 10:46:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treese

My suggestion... don't do it! Your life will change forever!

But if you really must:

Tie the ring to your snake's head and make her pet it.

Noooo! Not that snake! Ewww! Get yer mind out of the gutter! Sheesh you boys!
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)
[Apr 23, 2011 6:18:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://superawesomepp.proboards100.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

My suggestion... don't do it! Your life will change forever!

But if you really must:

Tie the ring to your snake's head and make her pet it.

Noooo! Not that snake! Ewww! Get yer mind out of the gutter! Sheesh you boys!

I actually assumed you meant the pet lol...
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Apr 23, 2011 9:57:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dustinkyle

I cannot see you doing anything more intimate than just setting your facebook status to "engaged" and hoping she brings the topic up.
Julie on Obsidian
Mazi on Cobalt/Emerald

Ezekiel 23:20

Ye told Prosperity, "hi"
Prosperity auto-responds, "be back in 5".
Prosperity has been idle for 10 minutes.
[Apr 24, 2011 10:08:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sky_of_fire

I cannot see you doing anything more intimate than just setting your facebook status to "engaged" and hoping she brings the topic up.

Lol. i *like* that idea.
Mrimported

Retiredish
[May 2, 2011 12:44:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

As many of you know I have been w/ my girlfriend for a few years and have finally decided to propose. I am offering you a chance to win some poe / an engagement ring of your choice from a Palace. I am not a very creative person and need some help on how to propose. Simple event just leave a description on how I should do it! To all the people that have me on Facebook I would highly appreciate not mentioning this of any sort on there. Thanks and good luck! I have a few close friends who will be helping me w/ the judging and I will let you know the winner ASAP. Event will end May 5th.

1st place - Wynn

50K and the ring!

2nd place - Steveyohoho

3rd place - Freak

Also first place has a chance at winning an additional 50K if I use the suggestion.

I will not actually be using the idea but i thought it was pretty great, the other 2 seem more like my style unlike some of the more serious cheesy stuff I couldn't do. Well I wouldn't actually do Freaks lol but ya...
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Raider81 at May 6, 2011 2:34:46 PM]
[May 6, 2011 2:28:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kidarc

I'm here and there this week, so I'll try and catch you when I can Crip. Thanks for the great event!
Wynn-Cobalt
Crew: Runs With Scissors - SO
Flag: Full Fathom Five - Prince
[May 9, 2011 11:07:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

Wow...that's an idea. The unbreakable vow is a little creepy in the context, but for Harry Potter geeks, an excellent plan!

Except I might slap the person who defaced the book by gouging a hole outta it. LoL.
HP geek or not.
~Saphireangel~

SO of Mischievous Drifters,
Lady of Maniacal Menagerie,
Cerulean, once a Cobalt native.
(also lurking on all English oceans)

Angelfish collector
Avatar gorgeousness by the lovely Angelira!
[May 10, 2011 2:57:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Except I might slap the person who defaced the book by gouging a hole outta it. LoL.
HP geek or not.

yeah!! they shoulda used a bible or something
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[May 10, 2011 6:28:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

Yeah, and I'll smack you for it!
No defacing books!
Unless it's one of those boring university textbooks. I don't mind.
~Saphireangel~

SO of Mischievous Drifters,
Lady of Maniacal Menagerie,
Cerulean, once a Cobalt native.
(also lurking on all English oceans)

Angelfish collector
Avatar gorgeousness by the lovely Angelira!
[May 10, 2011 7:46:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blobbles

Unless it's one of those boring university textbooks. I don't mind.

Sacrilege!
Blobbles - Captain of Simulated Sobriety - King of Drunken Deadbeats.
Supreme Overlord of all things Alcoholic - Cobalt.
[May 10, 2011 9:07:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

HP geek or not.

Freak, you make me giggle.
[May 11, 2011 7:17:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xxesjayexx

just curious - if you didnt use any of our suggestions - how did you do it? and did she say no???
babyjay on colbalt found online mostly during weekends and weekday evenings GMT time

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
[May 20, 2011 4:23:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

just curious - if you didnt use any of our suggestions - how did you do it? and did she say no???

I havent yet.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

[May 20, 2011 2:17:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

I havent yet.

He is still waiting for his package of high-grade explosives that he was the winning bidder for on Ebay.
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[May 20, 2011 8:11:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

I havent yet.

He is still waiting for his package of high-grade explosives that he was the winning bidder for on Ebay.

Actually she started acted psycho.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

[May 20, 2011 10:34:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates