• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 55
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10017 times and has 54 replies Next Thread
Raider81

Engagement ??? Real Life not PP

As many of you know I have been w/ my girlfriend for a few years and have finally decided to propose. I am offering you a chance to win some poe / an engagement ring of your choice from a Palace. I am not a very creative person and need some help on how to propose. Simple event just leave a description on how I should do it! To all the people that have me on Facebook I would highly appreciate not mentioning this of any sort on there. Thanks and good luck! I have a few close friends who will be helping me w/ the judging and I will let you know the winner ASAP. Event will end May 5th.

1st place

50K and the ring!

2nd place

3rd place

Also first place has a chance at winning an additional 50K if I use the suggestion.
----------------------------------------
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Raider81 at Mar 28, 2011 11:52:36 PM]
[Mar 28, 2011 11:38:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deligence

Re: Engagement ??? Real Life not PP

Ahoy! This is Auroras! What i was thinking is maybe You can take her out to a nice restraunt near a beach of some sort then go walking on the beach with her and make sure its on a sunset and then u can tell her to stare out into the ocean then you can get on your knee and propose by saying: I love you and i want my life to be with you, Will you marry me?
[Mar 28, 2011 11:56:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

to the Zombie Hut!!
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Mar 28, 2011 11:57:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tennispro2

Buy a Disney princess, hollow inside, and place the ring. Then, offer her the gift and use the line, "I'd be your prince, if you'd be my princess."
Tennispro

Senior Officer of the crew Serial Pillagers
Prince of the flag Art of War

"If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger?"
Aldous Huxley
[Mar 29, 2011 2:19:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Omgwtfcandy

Buy a Disney princess, hollow inside, and place the ring. Then, offer her the gift and use the line, "I'd be your prince, if you'd be my princess."

puke! :P
Cerulean: Omgwtfcandy
Emerald: Preset
[Mar 29, 2011 2:51:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Baddmark

Win her heart in a proper manner...

with a blockade.
[Mar 29, 2011 3:56:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xxesjayexx

What about a scavenger hunt. Start off with a simple clue to someplace nearby, then get more complicated as the scavenger hunt progresses, and have the final location be a place where you can hide and then pop out and get down on one knee.

alternativly

Write it on a jigsaw puzzle! Get a blank puzzle kit and write out your marriage proposal on it or take a photograph of you on one knee with the ring and use that. Break up the jigsaw and have her solve it, it would be unussual and a reminder of the day forever.
babyjay on colbalt found online mostly during weekends and weekday evenings GMT time

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
[Mar 29, 2011 4:23:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Steveyohoho

Hide the ring in the bread and tell her to make you a sammich....
Steveyohoho
Captain of the crew Flirts and Damsels
Prince of the flag Faded Legend
Cobalt Cerulean Ocean
That guy wandering the Obsidian ocean
[Mar 29, 2011 6:57:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

You could always do what I did with my wife. Sitting in the loving room one day, I turned to her and said, "If we set a date in August, I wouldn't have to deploy."

...or on a more serious note, you could take her window shopping somewhere downtown or in an upscale mall, walking aimlessly around checking out different stores, you end up in a jewelry store looking at different rings. When you're by the diamonds, ask her which ones she likes... let her try one on. As she slips it on her finger, you drop to one knee and pop the question. Make sure you have your credit card with you...
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Mar 29, 2011 7:34:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
kidarc

My suggestion to you is to find something simple in your everyday lives that is fairly unique to the two of you and find a way to turn that into a proposal. I would buy my wife plastic rings out of gumball machines when we were dating. So I purchased myself a machine and a ton of plastic rings and rigged it up to spit out her actual ring when the next quarter was put in. With the help of a trusted friend, to watch over the machine, (this was set up in a small sandwich shop) I was able to get her a ring on our way out and truly surprise her. We still have the machine too, so it's a fun reminder.
Wynn-Cobalt
Crew: Runs With Scissors - SO
Flag: Full Fathom Five - Prince
[Mar 29, 2011 7:36:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Passionpatti

Suggestion #1

Take her to your favorite restaurant-- In n' Out and get the #1 combo (animal style of course). Slip the ring onto one of the fries and ask her to marry you when she sees it (Innuendo gratefully suggested LOL)

Suggestion #2

A nice walk through Golden Gate Park and picnic lunch with your favorite foods you both like or ask her while strolling through the Japanese gardens. Enjoy the sunny weather and ask her to marry you.

Passionpatti :)
Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, And between the two my life moves--Nisargadatta Maharaj
----------------------------------------------------
Passionpatti
Slow Children at Play
Cobalt Ocean
[Mar 29, 2011 7:41:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Hide the ring in the bread and tell her to make you a sammich....

Damn you Steve that was my idea.

Congrats Crippypoo. <3
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Mar 29, 2011 7:41:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mikeywelsh

Steve got the right idea there. Except I'm pretty sure that in real life, it's Crip who does the sammich making.

Or do what I did; knock her up and propose while she's on a hormonal upswing. Won't turn you down then.

Good luck anyway.
Paidup on Viridian
Mrman on Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mikeywelsh at Mar 29, 2011 11:19:11 AM]
[Mar 29, 2011 11:18:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ellouisestar

Candle lit picnic in a pretty park. Start it at sunset too. Put in alot of effort get a couple of friends too help set up the picnic table with flowers/candles, couple of good love songs and be nice.

You being nice should throw her off anyway <3

Grats Crip im very happy for you. xx
Now Lulu!
So of the Crew Flirts and Damsels
Princess of the flag Wench!
[Mar 29, 2011 11:40:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MissCee

I can't wait to see the hawt half-Crip/half-AzN babies!!!

I think you should put together a little photo album of you guys. When she's at your house, show it to her. The last page should be a big picture of the ring.

When she turns to that page, get down on one knee... you know the rest.
Misscee on Cobalt

[Mar 29, 2011 2:08:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

I am shocked at how some of these are all lovey, mostly by my friends too you know that isn't happening lol..
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Mar 29, 2011 4:35:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marick68

You say will you marry me! There problem solved.

Edit: I spell worse that a English teacher from Tanzania
Grg on Cobalt
Grg on Sage

Also on every other ocean.

Long live the Great Cacti Power!

Offical member of the Oceanus Stalking Armored Division 2, and the Hera Floating Division 2

"Hera stalks Grg!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by marick68 at Mar 29, 2011 6:37:24 PM]
[Mar 29, 2011 6:35:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

This Thursday there is the debut of a new show by a couple who put together a couple of other good reality shows about dance etc.

Duhh Bad memory.. It was on Ellen De Generis today lol
The show is call MOB . They use the internet to post the dance routines and specific activities.. like cheerleading etc. so any one who wants to can learn the routines and then show up at the location where they rehearse 300 at a time and then get them all to some spot without the person to be surprised knowing.

The idea is that something 'secret' is going to be revealled to an unsuspecting person.

The first one is.. you ..guessed it.. a proposal.

My idea for you is get a bunch of your friends/relatives/neighbours what ever will work
to come over to watch it for a hoot.. Encourage actual participation..(Tell some or all how come so they go along with the fun) Try out a couple dance steps.. be fun and laugh a lot pretending to mimic it..
Then, when it comes to the part where he proposes, you pretend to mimic that too .. except.. you have the ring and its real and you ask her.

With heightened emotions of the show proposal and the fun you have been having.. will be unfogettably a happy moment to tell ye kids about!

Enjoy what ever ye do!
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Mar 29, 2011 7:28:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

You say will you marry me! There problem solved.

Edit: I spell worse that a English teacher from Tanzania

Dammit dude!!! that is exactly why chicks say that dudes have no imagination. I mean, for the most part they are right....but still, you know, you don't have to give them evidence!!

Anyway, off the top of my head, I say you go skydiving together and while doing a tandem jump, you propose in midair; maybe right after deploying your chute when the fall is slower and calmer ( I don't suggest breaking out the ring in midair though unless you want it to wind up in someones backyard)

The beauty of this plan is that if she says no, you ...um....sabotage her lines and let her go.....and nobody has to ever know

Freak
[Mar 29, 2011 8:38:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ellouisestar

The beauty of this plan is that if she says no, you ...um....sabotage her lines and let her go.....and nobody has to ever know [/quote]

have too say this made me laugh really hard well done Freak.
Now Lulu!
So of the Crew Flirts and Damsels
Princess of the flag Wench!
[Mar 29, 2011 8:54:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nouveau

Is your girlfriend a casual person with a sense of humor?
Is there a fast food place with a friendly staff nearby?
Do you have a friend who would be a good stakeout?

Here's the idea: Call her and ask her to drive through and pick you up some food on the way home and that you want it from: (fast food joint of your choice this is willing to help you)

Go to the restaurant early and have your stakeout wait in a car so he/she can see the drive through. You go inside and wait behind the counter.

When your girlfriend gets there, your stakeout friend calls/texts you and you tell the drive through worker it's her...

When your girlfriend gets to the pick up window the worker then quite seriously asks her to marry him/her. Repeatedly. Begging. Withholding the food. Finally saying "I have to go get my manager. He will give you what you deserve."

Then you appear at the window with the ring!! Do what you do and then go outside and get her.

Optional bonus if it's your style: Bring her inside....family and friends sitting there with shakes and fries (or whatever) waiting to celebrate. :)

I have no idea if this will work...I actually proposed to my husband long distance in a letter sealed with a lipstick kiss. It worked, too. lol.
-Flortoo of Viridan
[Mar 30, 2011 12:01:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kewlstorybro

If you do the crossword in the morning, and especially if you ask her for help with it occaisionally, this will work great. And if you like this but aren't worried about waiting a few weeks, start doing the crosswords now.

When you're ready to propose, and she's not looking at the crossword, ask her casually for help without showing it to her. Say something like "Hmm... Whats a four word matrimonial question? It has 14 letters.... first letter is a W..."

The goal is to get her to say the answer to the clue, 'Will you marry me?' and when she does, you go down on one knee with the ring and say yes.
Not a forum alt.
[Mar 30, 2011 8:31:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sandii23

If your lady is a fan of technology - you could try this:
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/ipad/man-proposes-to-girlfriend-via-ipad-2-engraving-20110330-1cf6k.html

This is what my husband did...
My husband proposed to me on NYE on the Gold Coast, Australia. He booked a table at Crown Plaza's revolving restaurant... gorgeous views, great food... and when the skyline lit up with fireworks at midnight - he popped the question. Obviously, I said yes. :) We got married last May.

Good luck! :)
Sandiibottom of Cerulean
~ Captain of Overlords of the Deep ~ Princess of United Ocean Rays ~
[Mar 31, 2011 3:04:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clafairy

You could use the fact it is near easter, get a special egg made from one of the fancy chocolate shops to your design.. have Will You Marry Me? in icing around the outside - perhaps concealed by a ribbon around it, then have the ring inside.
Get on one knee as she breaks into the egg.
Hunnibee
Captain of Keep Calm and Rage Quit
Queen of Sugar Rush
Generally lazy
[Mar 31, 2011 3:23:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MissCee

Ask her to bring your uniforms to the dry cleaners, but make sure she empties the pockets first. Put the ring in one of them!
Misscee on Cobalt

[Mar 31, 2011 10:20:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Beat her over the head with a club and drag her into yer cave and shout "Me Crip!! You bride!!!"

Freak
[Mar 31, 2011 11:40:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hastrel

Beat her over the head with a club and drag her into yer cave and shout "Me Crip!! You bride!!!"

The upshot of this suggestion is it could lead to some serious cave spelunking...

Anyhow, my suggestion would be to take her out to a carnival if there is one available in your area (Or anywhere a ferris wheel or carousel can be found) in the twilight hours, get her on the ferris wheel and propose when you are at the top, you can even tip the carny running the ride to stall it when you are at the top for a few minutes so she can experience the breath taking view just before you pop the question.
On a carousel, try to get on it when it's not as packed as usual, night time is preferable again because the lights and colors are so much brighter, either a) sit on horses side by side and throw out the romantic line on you being a prince and will she be your princess? (Cheese is good, most of us ladies like cheese lol) or b) get seriously romantic in one of the bench seats, real up close and personal then as the ride starts winding down, get on your knee and propose with something resembling "My life is just like this ride, full of ups and downs, would you be willing to share it with me?"

Or you could do what my hubby did with me, cruise around for 4 or 5 hours trying to work up your nerve, then as your on the highway doing record speeds, say "So are we gonna get hitched or what?"

My reply? It's about bloody time you asked!

Amaret
Cobalt

Stop looking at it! It's MINE!
[Mar 31, 2011 3:10:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gov_Marley

You could rent a private cottage on the beach and hire a sand sculpter. The sculpture would be a scale model of the two of you and you could have the real ring in in the actual scupture. You could scatter rose petals leading to the sculpture and when she is looking at the scupture you could propose. Ideally around sunrise or sunset.
Ladyturner but Please Call me LT

Just me

Cobalt
[Mar 31, 2011 5:49:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Pack a duffle bag with automatic weapons and some explosives and then head out to your favorite local bank....then do whatever it is that people with weapons and explosives usually do when they go into a bank.

Before you know it, they will have a SWAT team in place with snipers on nearby rooftops. By now they should have brought in the negotiator, so when he finally gets you on the phone, tell him her name and that you will only talk to her. Tell him that you will kill a hostage if she isn't there within an hour (also be one of those cool bank robber/hostage taker dudes who make the cops bring them and all the hostages some really awesome food)

Then when she gets there and they get her on the phone, tell her how much you love her and pop the question.

If the negotiator, the SWAT team, the snipers, or the hostages, or your future bride happen to get a weensie bit upset that you put them all through this just to propose, just grab a handy pack of Mentos (the freshmaker!!)and hold it up to them all; thus flashing the international symbol for "yeah I just pulled a dick move, but I'm holding up Mentos (the freshmaker!)."
This will cause everyone involved to forget their petty beef with you and share a big chuckle.

Then you two may enjoy the rest of your young lives in wedded bliss. I hear they have a really nice conjugal honeymoon suite.

Mazel Tov!

(thats just off the top of my head)

Freak
[Mar 31, 2011 11:38:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marick68

Give here a ring and tell her if she doesn't marry you the government is going to deport you
Grg on Cobalt
Grg on Sage

Also on every other ocean.

Long live the Great Cacti Power!

Offical member of the Oceanus Stalking Armored Division 2, and the Hera Floating Division 2

"Hera stalks Grg!"
[Apr 1, 2011 2:05:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates