• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1686 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
hastrel

Tournaments by Northern Star!

Hey all!

Some of you may have noticed from time to time that I will launch a large tourney with a Sloop deed as the main prize plus some goodies for runners up. Since those tend to be random, I decided to pre-plan a large tourney, this time it will be a longship "Grateful Pollack", as the main prize. A sloop will be offered in the secondary position. Plus whatever goodies I can come up with.

I will start the tourney Saturday March 19th, between the hours of 10 am - 12pm game time. The tourney will have a buy-in of 5 k.

So come one! Come all! And.. Good Luck :)

P.S. I haven't decided which type of tourney it will be... ;)
----------------------------------------
Amaret
Cobalt

Stop looking at it! It's MINE!
[Mar 16, 2011 7:26:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Re: Tournaments by Northern Star!

Hey all!

Some of you may have noticed from time to time that I will launch a large tourney with a Sloop deed as the main prize plus some goodies for runners up. Since those tend to be random, I decided to pre-plan a large tourney, this time it will be a longship "Grateful Pollack", as the main prize. A sloop will be offered in the secondary position. Plus whatever goodies I can come up with.

I will start the tourney Saturday March 19th, between the hours of 10 am - 12pm game time. The tourney will have a buy-in of 5 k.

Will it be winner-take-all or cascading? 5K to join? Why not make it free to join? After all that's more of a giving-back-to-the-ocean vibe than making people pay 5k to enter. what will be the tourney settings?

Swrodfighting? Drinking? Rumble? TD?

2 of 3?

Seems like you skipped some stuff
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Mar 16, 2011 8:14:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hastrel

Hey all!

Will it be winner-take-all or cascading? 5K to join? Why not make it free to join? After all that's more of a giving-back-to-the-ocean vibe than making people pay 5k to enter. what will be the tourney settings?

2 of 3?

Edit:

After all that's more of a giving-back-to-the-ocean vibe than making people pay 5k to enter.

I don't recall stating anything resembling "giving back to the ocean" etc...
If you don't like the terms don't join. Fairly simple.
Amaret
Cobalt

[Edit 1 times, last edit by hastrel at Mar 17, 2011 12:16:43 AM]
[Mar 17, 2011 12:13:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Hey all!

2 of 3?

Edit:

After all that's more of a giving-back-to-the-ocean vibe than making people pay 5k to enter.

I don't recall stating anything resembling "giving back to the ocean" etc...
If you don't like the terms don't join. Fairly simple.

Wasn't planning on it. I'm just saying the "event" is in 2 days and people who might be interested may wanna know more details before they decide if they wanna be on for this.

EDIT: You are correct. You never said anything about giving back to the ocean.
I still feel that making people pay 5k for a tourney in which there is a longship to be won is a bit much. Others might disagree but that's my opinion.

Freak
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bkny612 at Mar 17, 2011 8:30:06 AM]
[Mar 17, 2011 8:26:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hastrel

You are more than welcome to your own opinion Freak, however, the idea is to gamble a little for a bigger prize. I think 5k is quite a reasonable buy in for a chance at a longship.
As for the tourney itself I know what type of tourney it will be and the specifics of it. I was hoping that the nudge, nudge, wink, wink smiley would be self explanitory. Again it's all about the risk ;)
Amaret
Cobalt

[Mar 18, 2011 5:29:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sirwinston

Get on at a possibly inconvienient time to find out the tournament you wanted to enter is your worst puzzle, then risk 5k for a Longship....

Seriously, there are tournaments with more valuable prizes just for the hell of it all the time. If you want a "big" tournament, you should up the anty.
BloodyBill on the Cerulean Ocean (of Cobalt origin).
[Mar 18, 2011 4:13:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Bloodybill [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Doesn't really seem like much of an event to me.

Freak
[Mar 18, 2011 10:01:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hastrel

Congratulations to the winners of our tourney!
Quite a nice turn out and multiple complaints about missing the tourney! I promise to those who missed the posting that I will post with at least a weeks notice next time.

The tourney was:

Treasure Drop
Turbo with holes
Double elimination (because I like to give out prizes to 3rd and 4th :P)
Seeded by rating
10k pot prize + buy in cascading arithmetically

1st prize won not only the longship but 2 black box trinkets, a valuable (according to the black market pricing) HS trinket and a Atlantean band in a rare color

2nd prize won the sloop plus multiple uncommon trinkets

3rd Prize won a brand new black/blue dirk plus viking/IO trinkets

4th place won a pair of new purple lime coloured brass knuckles and a couple of trinkets.

I won't post the names of the winners as I don't have their permission to do so.
Amaret
Cobalt

[Mar 19, 2011 11:09:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates