• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 22
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3933 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Darlieboy

How would YOU run Terra?

We'd like to reward the people of cobalt for supporting Super Villains in the taking of Terra by giving all subscribed pirates a fair chance to govern Terra. We want to use this to stimulate Terra's economy and it is not our intention to profit from this event in anyways. In an effort to bring commodities to the shop keepers of Terra, we have come up with the following event.

Each week the palace will buy a predetermined commodity which will be posted here two weeks in advance. The pirate who sells the most of this particular commodity from Saturday through Friday will be awarded with the governorship of Terra for a five day term. On the following week, all these commodities bought will be sold for the same buy price to the shoppe/stall keepers of Terra. In no way these commodities will be used for personal use of our flag or any individual in the flag. These commodities will be redistributed at a good ratio among all the shoppe/stall owners that have set their buy price to the predetermined buy price, and this approved price will be will be mentioned both on forums in advance and in the island event tab.

In case if we could not sell all the commodities for the set price in one week, we will continue selling the remaining in the following weeks for the same predetermined price.

The individuals can sell as much of the particular commodity as they want, any number of times during that particular buy window ( Saturday noon to Friday noon). And the winner will be announced by Saturday and their term will starts from Monday and ends on Friday.

The new governor can choose one trusted pirate to manage the palace along with them. Once the winner obtains the governorship, the following rules will apply.

* The governorship will be transferred in the palace when the winner is online.
* The new governor should give the palace and the estate agent deeds right back Darlie at the moment of the transfer.
* At the time of the trade, the new Governor can appoint one other person to manage with them. This will be the only opportunity to do so.
* Under no circumstances the new governor / manager will be allowed to adjust the tax rates.
* Under no circumstances the new governor / manager will be allowed to remove any props/furniture from the Gov. buildings.
* The new governor / manager is allowed to repaint or add furniture.
* The new governor / manager is allowed to adjust market prices for all commodities except the predetermined commodity of the week.

Any violation to the above rules by the new governor / manager will result in the immediate removal of your governorship.

*The new governor is encouraged to run the island to the best of their abilities and to maximize the profit, as a reward they will be awarded 10% of the weeks profit at the end of their term.
*As an added bonus, room has been set aside in the palace for governors to hang one portrait each for period of 5 terms.

We reserve the right to remove a Governor from office at anytime if we determine they are detriment to the island

To start the event off, our first commodity will be Wood. We will be accepting wood in to the palace starting March 19, 2011 through march 25 2011. Pirates must a sell a minimum of 50 units of wood per transaction to be eligible but they may sell multiple times during the buy window.
The predetermined price for one unit of wood would be 22 POE.

This event will be monitored by Wenchbrandi, Sassythang, Millemus and Darlie. Should you have any questions, feel free to post here in this thread and one of us will be happy to help.

We look forward to naming our first governor and the increased commodity flow to Terra.

----------------------------------------
~We don't stop playing because we grow old,
we grow old because we stop playing~
[Mar 9, 2011 2:21:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darlieboy

Re: How would YOU run Terra?

To start the event off, our first commodity will be Wood.
We will be accepting wood in to the palace starting March 19, 2011 through march 25 2011. Pirates must a sell a minimum of 50 units of wood per transaction to be eligible but they may sell multiple times during the buy window.
The predetermined price for one unit of wood would be 22 POE.

[From March 25, 2011 through April 1, 2011 We will be accepting Sugar cane and Hemp.
The predetermined price for one unit of sugar cane is 6 POE
The predetermined price of one unit of Hemp is 8 POE
Pirates must a sell a minimum of 50 units of either Hemp or Sugar cane per transaction to be eligible but they may sell multiple times of either commodities during the buy window.

[Edit 5 times, last edit by Darlieboy at Mar 9, 2011 2:29:14 AM]
[Mar 9, 2011 2:22:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

I would probably mention making a building if a plot even exsists would cancel this event or something of that nature.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Mar 9, 2011 1:54:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darlieboy

I would probably mention making a building if a plot even exsists would cancel this event or something of that nature.

Right, As mentioned in the Intent post, No more personal buildings will be build in Terra while under our flag. So The new governor is not allowed to build a building of any sort.
[Mar 9, 2011 4:18:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

In an effort to bring commodities to the shop keepers of Terra

You know, Trading Posts do this as well, right? Not saying you shouldn't do your event as well, but a Trading Post in addition to your commodity event would bring even more commodities into the shoppekeepers. You can even use that dusted plot on the Northwestern corner of the island that the previous governor (that tyrant) helped open up.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Mar 9, 2011 5:05:48 PM]
[Mar 9, 2011 5:03:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Dreilly

I love you Darlie... but this was tl;dr :p
Cem/Cemikila
[Mar 9, 2011 10:01:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darlieboy

You know, Trading Posts do this as well, right? Not saying you shouldn't do your event as well, but a Trading Post in addition to your commodity event would bring even more commodities into the shoppekeepers.

Thankyou for your suggestions Steven but sadly we do not have set the tax up so high like our previous Governor to cover the rent of two attraction buildings. Plus, the idea is to give people a chance to govern a large island, a trading post wouldn't help there.

You can even use that dusted plot on the Northwestern corner of the island that the previous governor (that tyrant) helped open up.

I just counted the number of buildings in Terra, and surprisingly there seems to be the same number of shoppes there as it was before from when you took it... Oh that is right, you have already build a shoppe for yourself to fill that open spot Alas!!!... I don't see how that could be considered as "helping open up a spot".

Edits : rephrased some lines
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Darlieboy at Mar 10, 2011 7:59:23 AM]
[Mar 10, 2011 7:51:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

You know, Trading Posts do this as well, right? Not saying you shouldn't do your event as well, but a Trading Post in addition to your commodity event would bring even more commodities into the shoppekeepers.

Thankyou for your suggestions Steven but sadly we do not have set the tax up so high like our previous Governor to cover the rent of two attraction buildings. Plus, the idea is to give people a chance to govern a large island, a trading post wouldn't help there.

I would disagree. Even @ 20% tax rates you should be able cover the taxes of not just one, but 2 of the "specialty" buildings.

If you wanted to do something special, have an event where you will allow someone to place that trading post. That is something only a handful of people have done on this game... placed a plot that it. you just have to really hand hold and walk them through it... and what's the worst that can happen? They place a shoppe by mistake? Will anyone even notice in the land of the shoppes?

In watching what the trading post does, I would say it gives the island with one an advantage v. one that doesn't as the bot merchants will deliver for a lower price.

But... It's your island. Do as you will. Now if I wanted to show you how I would run Terra..... /e points to his avatar ;-)
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Mar 10, 2011 8:08:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Now if I wanted to show you how I would run Terra..... /e points to his avatar ;-)

You would cup your left breast as your little perv monkey watches intently?
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Mar 10, 2011 8:20:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

So why not pay for it out of pocket? If you really want to do something good for the Island, 30k a week really isn't much.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Mar 10, 2011 9:12:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Only because it would turn you on Freak. ;-)

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[Mar 10, 2011 9:45:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstrzro

So why not pay for it out of pocket? If you really want to do something good for the Island, 30k a week really isn't much.

20k Morb but then theres the material and labor to actually build it.
Monstrzro
Captain that Runs With Scissors
King of Full Fathom Five
Saintsinner at times of opportunity
Half the people you know are below average
[Mar 10, 2011 10:21:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Well you know Darlie's not some rich pirate that walks around in gold clothes with a bunch of familiars or anything...
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Mar 10, 2011 10:22:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

It's actually a variable based on taxes. ;-)

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 

[Mar 10, 2011 11:33:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

It's actually a variable based on taxes. ;-)

Aye, Pee Wee's Big adventure was 30,500 poe per week (not counting the bump up from the additional tax rate, but anything above that 30,500 goes right back to the palace).
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Mar 10, 2011 2:19:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
monstrzro

I was just going off the base tax for a Trading Post is 20k and yes tax on the island adds to it. Where Pee Wees Big adventure
was an Explorers Hall :) base rate of 30k . And it was brought up earlier in the thread about a Trading Post to help with commodities. :D
Monstrzro
Captain that Runs With Scissors
King of Full Fathom Five
Saintsinner at times of opportunity
Half the people you know are below average
[Mar 10, 2011 5:31:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

I'll personally donate the poe to build one if Darlie's isn't gonna put his money where his mouth is. Oh, and providing I get to choose the name.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hazarath at Mar 10, 2011 9:36:40 PM]
[Mar 10, 2011 9:36:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darlieboy

I would disagree. Even @ 20% tax rates you should be able cover the taxes of not just one, but 2 of the "specialty" buildings.

If you wanted to do something special, have an event where you will allow someone to place that trading post. That is something only a handful of people have done on this game... placed a plot that it. you just have to really hand hold and walk them through it... and what's the worst that can happen? They place a shoppe by mistake? Will anyone even notice in the land of the shoppes?

In watching what the trading post does, I would say it gives the island with one an advantage v. one that doesn't as the bot merchants will deliver for a lower price.

But... It's your island. Do as you will. Now if I wanted to show you how I would run Terra..... /e points to his avatar ;-)

The Island tax is set at 10%. But yet, We'll consider opening a TP in the following week, if it really will help for the benefit of the island. Ty Cybr.
[Mar 10, 2011 10:26:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Seeing as I'd raise taxes to an excess of 40% like I wished to do several years ago, I'd better not participate. <_<

But I might anyway. >_>
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Mar 10, 2011 11:00:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darlieboy

After some discussion, we decided to go ahead with the plans for a trading post and one is placed now. Thank you for the suggestions. Hopefully with that in place and our efforts with the ongoing event, Terra will be a thriving place to have a stall/shoppe.
[Mar 10, 2011 11:01:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Seeing as I'd raise taxes to an excess of 40% like I wished to do several years ago, I'd better not participate. <_<

But I might anyway. >_>

Meh, you are too busy smelling the flowers. If you think taxes should be 40% on terra, go blockade it. When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Mar 14, 2011 12:52:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

I work on Saturdays!

And messing with Darlie might be more fun. I've done the shooty boomy thing before. <_<
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Mar 14, 2011 6:33:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates