• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 131
Posts: 131   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 34709 times and has 130 replies Next Thread
Ray_Leo

Re: September Familiar Competitions - Get your tickets! Reply to this Post

Sharkiez wrote: 
Maybe instead of limiting ticket getting from in game competition only, people can also get them on forum writing or art competition as well? Maybe like a weekly drawing or art contest or something.

I think 10pt tickets would be fine prizes for forum events. On the other hand, I am vehemently opposed to "weekly drawings" or any other sort of random lottery. If you want to win a familiar by pure luck, go play in Atlantis.

Sorry, when i mean drawing, i don't mean lottery draw. I mean artistic drawing contest.
----------------------------------------
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Sep 8, 2010 10:35:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

Okay, So when I first heard/read this event I thought it was going to be alot better and alot more fun. However its now the 9th and we've had 2 comps as far as I know. I am not sure if this was a last minute idea to make this event or not but there is still no update on the schedule that you were going to give us either.

So at this rate there will be 6 comps or so by the end of the month if we continue at the rate they're coming at now. which is basically what a general Monthly fam comp comes to without having to earn the red ribbons and so forth.

Overall I still think this idea is alot more fun, But i think there needs to be a few more comps otherwise it isnt worth while to even bother getting red ribbons as they'll only eqaute to a 10 point prize or something.
Avatar by the Beautiful Velternal <3

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
Nightwishtwo says, "drop dead"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bobdonnell at Sep 9, 2010 2:19:54 AM]
[Sep 8, 2010 11:51:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

the only one i know of was alchemy/bilge/carp. i think it was around 8pm monday night? just curious what was the other one? it'd be nice to at least keep some kind of list to know what's been done already.
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Sep 9, 2010 12:37:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ravenkill1

the only one i know of was alchemy/bilge/carp. i think it was around 8pm monday night? just curious what was the other one? it'd be nice to at least keep some kind of list to know what's been done already.

i am also aware of a SW/rig one like 3 days ago not sure if any others
ravendeth - cobalt
prevent - midnight
luminacy - malachite
luminacy - viridian
sacred - sage
ruined - hunter

Mediocre @ everything =)
[Sep 9, 2010 12:48:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

other one was rig/sail/SW I believe

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bobdonnell at Sep 9, 2010 1:45:22 AM]
[Sep 9, 2010 12:57:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Khaimm

Sharkiez wrote: 
Sorry, when i mean drawing, i don't mean lottery draw. I mean artistic drawing contest.

Now that you mention it, that is a perfectly correct interpretation of your post. I apologize for misunderstanding.
Khaim : Hunter
Plan for Swabbies
Phade wrote: 
I'm against anything potentially annoying that greenies can get their hands on. This includes their ability to chat.

[Sep 9, 2010 8:55:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blacktoad3

Cronus mate,

Hey i gots a RED but thats only 5 points...

Since yer trading compition win ribbons...

Could My "Jolly Roger" from the 2008 Olimpics Count???

Super Please... 45 more would be sweet....

Do i deserver this favor? I won a Horsie, traded it fer an Octo and then gave it to a very sweet girl... i do get to wear it once in awile but its not the same as if i had my own tan parrot to walk around with along side her.

Yer My Favorite OM...(LOL) sorry after Hera

A loyal Slave Prince BadSanta of Colbalt
"Yo, Ho! Ho! Ho!

Prince BadSanta Born on Cobalt

Avatar by Sir Gummy Bear @ Party Central Radio
[Sep 9, 2010 11:10:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
008pmn0407

Cronus mate,

Hey i gots a RED but thats only 5 points...

Since yer trading compition win ribbons...

Could My "Jolly Roger" from the 2008 Olimpics Count???

Super Please... 45 more would be sweet....

Do i deserver this favor? I won a Horsie, traded it fer an Octo and then gave it to a very sweet girl... i do get to wear it once in awile but its not the same as if i had my own tan parrot to walk around with along side her.

Yer My Favorite OM...(LOL) sorry after Hera

A loyal Slave Prince BadSanta of Colbalt

Talk about kissing booty at the OM's lol!
Linkinparkey of Midnight Serenade
[Sep 9, 2010 12:08:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maskforum

Finally! =P
I have been hitting refresh every hour

Edit: With the multi puzzle comps, you have mentioned a top prize in each. I assume there are lower prizes for second, first in specific puzzle and so on?
Mask - Hunter Ocean
Island degisner
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Maskforum at Sep 9, 2010 2:28:11 PM]
[Sep 9, 2010 2:24:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

Edit: With the multi puzzle comps, you have mentioned a top prize in each. I assume there are lower prizes for second, first in specific puzzle and so on?

Indeed there will be. :)

One reason for the delay in posting schedule was that I wanted to wait for a number of competitions to pass so pirates can get used to the fact that many of these wont be announced. I'm a fan of the pleasant surprise. I meant to put it up on Monday, but was distracted by something shiny. Sorry about that! But it's now posted and the first scheduled one is fast approaching!
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cronus at Sep 9, 2010 2:40:14 PM]
[Sep 9, 2010 2:32:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

Out of curiosity will their be an increase of these red ticket comps? Because at the moment it seems that its just a normal fam month with the usual 4 fam comps that you've given us with a few little comps every 4 days or so.

As I've stated before I much prefer this layout it just seems more of a hassle at the moment then anything else as it appears it will be very hard to win a tan parrot with just red tickets at the moment.

In saying that, I am not after the prize I am after the fun hour or so matching your skills with others, So i'd prefer daily comps with just 1 red ticket for overall then waiting 4 days for 4 red tickets.

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
[Sep 9, 2010 5:55:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rroberto17

I Want to know at what time will it be, cause my time is EST
and the first event is at 4PM; Didn't include the time zone
[Sep 9, 2010 6:05:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chrkut

Its ALWAYS game time. ALWAYS.

Hurrdurr.
~Chrkut~
SO of Perilous Puppets
[Sep 9, 2010 6:10:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

There is a Dnav/weaving/SW/Carpentry one starting in 40 mins.
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Sep 9, 2010 8:33:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maskforum

There is a Dnav/weaving/SW/Carpentry one starting in 40 mins.

Dnav will be the death of me in this comp.
Mask - Hunter Ocean
Island degisner
[Sep 9, 2010 8:43:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mojodawg

rant activate:

I am a bit tired of seeing the same 15 or 20 names on the top boards of every tab of every puzzle competition. Doesn't help that their names are also on the top boards for every tournament and every 'ultimate' list and whatnot... especially doesn't help that I remember seeing a few of those names doing the same thing around 5 years ago...

They keep getting richer, they keep getting more familiars...
I am overjoyed that this type of event is around, but the fact that the results will continue to be the same like they have been for who knows how long just frustrates me to no end.

I have nothing against the winners or anyone/anything else. But I can't be alone here... I would think I could have something to show other than my inscribed plate of cookies...

/rant
More competitions please, I do enjoy these but there aren't enough of them, prizes or not.
Mojodawg of the Midnight Ocean
Yeah... ye probably don't know me and its probably best ye don't...

Apollo: *hands a sympathetic cookie to Mojodawg*

[Sep 9, 2010 10:41:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maskforum

I am a bit tired of seeing the same 15 or 20 names on the top boards of every tab of every puzzle competition. Doesn't help that their names are also on the top boards for every tournament and every 'ultimate' list and whatnot... especially doesn't help that I remember seeing a few of those names doing the same thing around 5 years ago...

Get better then.
Mask - Hunter Ocean
Island degisner
[Sep 10, 2010 12:16:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixelled

rant activate:

They keep getting richer, they keep getting more familiars...
I am overjoyed that this type of event is around, but the fact that the results will continue to be the same like they have been for who knows how long just frustrates me to no end.

I have nothing against the winners or anyone/anything else. But I can't be alone here... I would think I could have something to show other than my inscribed plate of cookies...

/rant
More competitions please, I do enjoy these but there aren't enough of them, prizes or not.

With this style of familiar tournaments, others are able to have a chance at obtaining a familiar, through red tickets or tan tickets.

You could also just buy the tickets and accumulate enough for a fam, the Sept familiar tournaments make it so you don't necessarily have to win to get a fam. @_@
Cinquains on Emerald
Oriental on Meridian

[Sep 10, 2010 1:25:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attackker.wordpress.com [Link]  Go to top 
Uqie

When i win a black ribbon ima make the OM's take 10 portraits with me :D
[Sep 10, 2010 9:51:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Superlamb

When i win a black ribbon ima make the OM's take 10 portraits with me :D

Can I get in on those too Uq? and on a side note 2 more reds and that will be 11 portraits
Theflu of Malachite SO of Heaven and Earth

I collect trinkets! Currently working on Handkerchiefs: 79 unique color combinations.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Superlamb at Sep 10, 2010 9:57:46 PM]
[Sep 10, 2010 9:56:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bause

i got 2 questions:

by tan/tan parrot you mean it is tan/tan or that we pick second color but one of them has to be tan?

and secod questions is, if someone gets a tan ribbon, can he use like 20 points in something and 30points in other things? and if so, all points have to be used at same or would you give like red ribbons for the points left after using some?

ty
basujo from hunter =)

This is me--->Basujo
[Sep 11, 2010 8:11:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

by tan/tan parrot you mean it is tan/tan or that we pick second color but one of them has to be tan?

The familiar given for the tan Ribbon (or equivalent number of points) is a tan/tan parrot. So neither the head or the body will be a different color.

if someone gets a tan ribbon, can he use like 20 points in something and 30points in other things? and if so, all points have to be used at same or would you give like red ribbons for the points left after using some?

Good question. I wont be making change and giving ribbons for leftover points. However, you could get multiple prizes rather than the tan familiar. So, for example, if you won a tan ribbon you could get a portrait and 3 grab bags.
[Sep 11, 2010 11:37:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
008pmn0407

Is it possible to make more spontanious competitions? =D
Linkinparkey of Midnight Serenade
[Sep 12, 2010 3:07:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
superstarsam

Is it possible to make more spontanious competitions? =D

This. I was kind of expecting there to be more than the 3(?) that we've had.
Geologist - now exclusively Obsidian Emerald flavoured
[Sep 12, 2010 3:12:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

This. I was kind of expecting there to be more than the 3(?) that we've had.

We've already had well over that amount. They've been hitting multiple timezones so it's likely you missed them. I'm sure others will come around when ye can participate. :)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cronus at Sep 12, 2010 2:36:48 PM]
[Sep 12, 2010 2:31:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

There has been:
1.Rig/Sail/SW (correct me if I am wrong on this one I missed it)
2. Bilge/Carp/Alch
3.Dnav/weaving/SW/Carpentry
4. Bilge/Sail/Rig/Dnav/Carp
5. nav/distill/rigging/blacksmithing
6. Bilge/Sail/Gun/Forage/Distill
7. SW/alch/carp
8.Distill/Alch/SW/Weave/BS
9.bilge/carp/Distill/SW
10. Sail/Rig
Anyone else able to name any others?

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
[Edit 6 times, last edit by bobdonnell at Sep 23, 2010 9:00:17 PM]
[Sep 12, 2010 3:54:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

Cobalt:

Orangenblue won the 1st category in Overall!
Cem won the 2nd category in Overall!
Bobber won the 3rd category in Overall!
Maetar won the 4th category in Overall!

Bundy won the 1st category in Carpentry!
Orangenblue won the 2nd category in Carpentry!
Rumwendy won the 3rd category in Carpentry!
Maetar won the 4th category in Carpentry!

Meadflagon won the 1st category in Navigating!
Bobber won the 2nd category in Navigating!
Darlie won the 3rd category in Navigating!
Orangenblue won the 4th category in Navigating!

Bundy won the 1st category in Bilging!
Sissi won the 2nd category in Bilging!
Skurb won the 3rd category in Bilging!
Cem won the 4th category in Bilging!

Bundy won the 1st category in Sailing!
Alaya won the 2nd category in Sailing!
Orangenblue won the 3rd category in Sailing!
Bopbopbowe won the 4th category in Sailing!

Sissi won the 1st category in Rigging!
Cem won the 2nd category in Rigging!
Vividek won the 3rd category in Rigging!
Orangenblue won the 4th category in Rigging!

Midnight:

Nine won the 1st category in Overall!
Keana won the 2nd category in Overall!
Arodum won the 3rd category in Overall!
Xule won the 4th category in Overall!

Dotte won the 1st category in Carpentry!
Harrjm won the 2nd category in Carpentry!
Keana won the 3rd category in Carpentry!
Xule won the 4th category in Carpentry!

Nine won the 1st category in Navigating!
Skipkiller won the 2nd category in Navigating!
Sephoris won the 3rd category in Navigating!
Lovelytini won the 4th category in Navigating!

Arodum won the 1st category in Bilging!
Koltie won the 2nd category in Bilging!
Nine won the 3rd category in Bilging!
Allitara won the 4th category in Bilging!

Toonz won the 1st category in Sailing!
Keana won the 2nd category in Sailing!
Sweetiepiepi won the 3rd category in Sailing!
Tlzallen won the 4th category in Sailing!

Keana won the 1st category in Rigging!
Nine won the 2nd category in Rigging!
Sephoris won the 3rd category in Rigging!
Calamar won the 4th category in Rigging!

Viridian:

Ricksan won the 1st category in Overall!
Hellhammer won the 2nd category in Overall!
Starenigma won the 3rd category in Overall!
Youngmatt won the 4th category in Overall!

Jippy won the 1st category in Carpentry!
Juice won the 2nd category in Carpentry!
Olum won the 3rd category in Carpentry!
Catalina won the 4th category in Carpentry!

Hwfo won the 1st category in Navigating!
Ameranth won the 2nd category in Navigating!
Aartje won the 3rd category in Navigating!
Vorian won the 4th category in Navigating!

Huhla won the 1st category in Bilging!
Leven won the 2nd category in Bilging!
Hwfo won the 3rd category in Bilging!
Airs won the 4th category in Bilging!

Airs won the 1st category in Sailing!
Geologist won the 2nd category in Sailing!
Chesster won the 3rd category in Sailing!
Dunkhan won the 4th category in Sailing!

Huhla won the 1st category in Rigging!
Airs won the 2nd category in Rigging!
Dack won the 3rd category in Rigging!
Youngmatt won the 4th category in Rigging!

Sage:

Tiizz won the 1st category in Overall!
Auran won the 2nd category in Overall!
Sandi won the 3rd category in Overall!
Captainwhite won the 4th category in Overall!

Auran won the 1st category in Carpentry!
Jazze won the 2nd category in Carpentry!
Tiizz won the 3rd category in Carpentry!
Gull won the 4th category in Carpentry!

Ydroxoos won the 1st category in Navigating!
Tiizz won the 2nd category in Navigating!
Captainwhite won the 3rd category in Navigating!
Sandi won the 4th category in Navigating!

Anyaa won the 1st category in Bilging!
Romtu won the 2nd category in Bilging!
Tiizz won the 3rd category in Bilging!
Sandi won the 4th category in Bilging!

Tiizz won the 1st category in Sailing!
Cornell won the 2nd category in Sailing!
Captainwhite won the 3rd category in Sailing!
Wilsonn won the 4th category in Sailing!

Baldi won the 1st category in Rigging!
Auran won the 2nd category in Rigging!
Tiizz won the 3rd category in Rigging!
Mattbob won the 4th category in Rigging!

Hunter:

Johnnynitro won the 1st category in Overall!
Yassenn won the 2nd category in Overall!
Rudis won the 3rd category in Overall!
Gran won the 4th category in Overall!

Johnnynitro won the 1st category in Carpentry!
Inframan won the 2nd category in Carpentry!
Blackwolf won the 3rd category in Carpentry!
Pauguanton won the 4th category in Carpentry!

Cinquains won the 1st category in Navigating!
Coppertheft won the 2nd category in Navigating!
Seraphie won the 3rd category in Navigating!
Danielaishot won the 4th category in Navigating!

Kloroplast won the 1st category in Bilging!
Rudis won the 2nd category in Bilging!
Johnnynitro won the 3rd category in Bilging!
Wethreekings won the 4th category in Bilging!

Flara won the 1st category in Sailing!
Rudis won the 2nd category in Sailing!
Johnnynitro won the 3rd category in Sailing!
Ohhungry won the 4th category in Sailing!

Romancenub won the 1st category in Rigging!
Jackpot won the 2nd category in Rigging!
Graykestrel won the 3rd category in Rigging!
Johnnynitro won the 4th category in Rigging!

Malachite:

Uqie won the 1st category in Overall!
Falli won the 2nd category in Overall!
Luminacy won the 3rd category in Overall!
Budclare won the 4th category in Overall!

Mafu won the 1st category in Carpentry!
Hinako won the 2nd category in Carpentry!
Luminacy won the 3rd category in Carpentry!
Falli won the 4th category in Carpentry!

Uqie won the 1st category in Navigating!
Imp won the 2nd category in Navigating!
Vinsent won the 3rd category in Navigating!
Falli won the 4th category in Navigating!

Falli won the 1st category in Bilging!
Illuminate won the 2nd category in Bilging!
Budclare won the 3rd category in Bilging!
Uqie won the 4th category in Bilging!

Valmo won the 1st category in Sailing!
Sasagaki won the 2nd category in Sailing!
Mrjsparrow won the 3rd category in Sailing!
Allynb won the 4th category in Sailing!

Falli won the 1st category in Rigging!
Barbarosa won the 2nd category in Rigging!
Thordis won the 3rd category in Rigging!
Uqie won the 4th category in Rigging!
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

https://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

https://www.twitch.tv/nickbushypp

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Sep 12, 2010 5:03:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Distructible

2. Bilge/Carp/Alch

I missed all of them o.o
Masters on Emerald.
[Sep 13, 2010 2:12:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Telamon0

There has been:
1.Rig/Sail/SW (correct me if I am wrong on this one I missed it)
2. Bilge/Carp/Alch

Anyone else able to name any others?

Waaait, when was this?
Jonwoe on the Meridian Ocean
[Sep 13, 2010 6:17:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vampchick

Add

5. nav/distill/rigging/blacksmithing today at 11:15ish am

edit: Since the red tickets don't guarentee a familiar (unless saved of course) how about running a top inc/excel/good/fine ticket comp? Add some diversity to the ticket pull out there?
Amabella of Viridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Vampchick at Sep 14, 2010 11:16:06 AM]
[Sep 14, 2010 11:01:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 131   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates