• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13113 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Zebacha

Lucky Dip Prize Giveaway!

Ok so here is how it works. I will run 4 tournaments simulataneously (either by bribing an OM to do it for me or by making them on separate alts). In each tournament, both the top 4 placed players and the lucky dip 5th person (the person who is 5th from top in the round 1 listings, not including byes) will each receive their choice of 20 wrapped presents at my Villa on Celesta. Each box will contain a unique code (in some form or other).

An OM (or other independent individual)* will be given the list of codes but NOT which box each code is in. They will then assign a prize from the prize pool to each code. Therefore, whoever is lucky enough to pick the box containing the code assigned to the best prize, wins!

The reason for making it so complicated by having an individual person or OM* assigning each code to a prize is so that I can't be accused of cheating by telling certain people which boxes the best prizes are in. I will be the only person who knows which box each code is in and the OM or other individual will be the ONLY person who knows which prize is assigned to which code. Therefore, noone will have knowledge enough to cheat.

When? I will make the competitions at 11AM Game Time on Friday 3rd of September 2010! Edit: The tournaments will START at 11AM and will be put up at 10.30 AM

How will I get to the Villa? Either the Villa will be open to the public (with invites being issued where possible) or there will be a link to the villa via the events tab of the noticeboard*.

How do I get involved? Join the tournament which you are best at (there will be rumble, drinking, swordfighting and treasure drop). Do your best to get placed in the top 4 places, if not, hope that you are 5th on the list.

Is there anything else I need to know? This is designed to give as many different people prizes as possible. As such, no pirate may claim 2 prizes. If they place in the top 4 of the tournament AND are 5th on the list, the lucky dip place will move down 1 place to 6th on the list. If necessary, the lucky dip place will move as far down the list as necessary to find an online pirate who hasn't claimed a prize (either from the same tournament or from other tournaments). Edit: This only applies to the 4 tournaments involved in this event. My other tournaments and prize-giveaways are not related to this event. Sorry for any confusion caused by this. For example, today bloodrave won my lucky dip tournament, he will STILL be able to claim his prize in this event should he earn one. However, winning today DOES NOT qualify him for a prize in this event.

Prize Pool:
1x Midas Sloop
2x Navy Blue Guardian Lions
1x Turtle
2x Treasure Chest
1x Crossed Spears
1x BlackJack
1x Lump of Coal
1x 50,000 poe
2x 20,000 poe
5x 2,000 poe
1x Fetish Trestle
1x Harpsichord
1x Gibbet

*Yet to be confirmed
----------------------------------------
U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi you ugly!
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Zebacha at Aug 24, 2010 12:31:52 PM]
[Aug 24, 2010 5:37:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Re: Lucky Dip Prize Giveaway!

Sounds fun. Surprise boxes = win. :)

(Especially since I'll have a slight chance at winning a prize even if I lag out of the actual tournament. Which I probably will.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Aug 29, 2010 10:43:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Question so I don't have to ask you in game at the time: Will the SF tourney be BYOS? Or specific sword allocation?

Just so I know before I head over there, thanks.
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Aug 29, 2010 11:34:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zebacha

SF will be random sword of a specific type (yet to be decided).
Rumble will be random Belaying Pin most likely.
Drinking rules will be 1500/5 everyone uses a stein (or if I cant find one everyone uses goblet).
TD will be turbo holes. 4th round will NOT be halved

Because I want the tournaments finished fast, drinking rules will be 1000/6 everyone uses a pitcher. Should speed it up a bit :D
U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi you ugly!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zebacha at Sep 1, 2010 5:56:18 AM]
[Aug 30, 2010 11:15:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

I can loan you a stein if you catch me a few minutes before start time...I'll most likely be there.

Cool event, I look forward to it.
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Aug 30, 2010 11:52:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

Good luck to all participants!
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Sep 3, 2010 10:07:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

And here are the codes with the corresponding prizes, with the winners on the right! ( Not all wished to be on this list, but rest assured that all prizes were given! ;) )

Fezal1 --- 2,000 Poe
Grasp1 --- Lump of Coal
Dined1 --- Blackjack
Nevah2 --- Gibbet --- Aznn
Phato2 --- Navy Blue Guardian Lion --- Validated
Splot3 --- 2,000 Poe
Trail3 --- Harpsichord
Golly4 --- Midas Sloop --- Idfk
Fitin4 --- Treasure Chest
Atask4 --- 20,000 Poe
Tizme5 --- Navy Blue Guardian Lion
Pilow5 --- Fetish Trestle --- Protos
Itsmo6 --- Crossed Spears
Agras6 --- Treasure Chest
Akubu7 --- 50,000 Poe
Nowai8 --- Turtle
Helso8 --- 2,000 Poe
Huzah9 --- 2,000 Poe
Pesoh9 --- 2,000 Poe
Howzs9 --- 20,000 Poe --- Boyk
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hurtboss4 at Sep 3, 2010 11:46:43 AM]
[Sep 3, 2010 11:33:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Intulien

You're a beast of a man.
Intulien
SO, Infinite Depths
[Sep 14, 2011 8:03:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Thank you for bumping this one year old thread and confusing me in the process.
Sincerely
[Sep 15, 2011 8:31:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Intulien

We cannae be stooped fram boompin'
Intulien
SO, Infinite Depths
[Sep 15, 2011 8:55:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

We cannae be stooped fram boompin'

Sloopaloopadoopakoopa! Beddeding fezzaca le' sigen botabombomezz. Wigwamsalmaifezzicalrazzi, apeltable rang!

Andjunkieslunkieinafunkie?

Beepboobod, slopslopslop nostopstopstop. Nobeltroblefez lamdalamdalamda slam'in slama.

Humblybumbly,

Fezzicle Emmettanica
Emmett
[Sep 15, 2011 11:32:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Emmett found his way into the Pudding Pops again. :/
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Sep 16, 2011 10:25:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Airplane! anyone?
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Sep 18, 2011 7:51:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates