• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2385 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Rhapzodi

The Official "Sloops in the Shadows-Summer 2010" Ocean-Wide Event Aug.27th, 2010!

Avast!
OS's very own Thard and Poemistress were bored recently and decided to go out on the beautiful warm waters of the Midnight Ocean for a lil one on one pvp against each other. In the course of their shoot-happy antics, they claim that they "accidentally" hit a ship that just "happened" to be passing by causing the pirates on board the ship, to panic, jump overboard and leave the ship deed behind. According to Thard and Poemistress this unfortunate incident occurred NINE (9) times in exactly the same way. Vestic, who is skeptical of EVERYTHING, notices the evil grin on Thard's face that only appears when Thard has outmaneuvered an enemy ship, blasted the ship full of holes and emerged victorious. He also notices that Poemistress is saying "Rock on!" more than usual...a sign that she, too, has had a good day at sinking some enemy ships. Vestic points these things out to Annmoo. Annmoo agrees with Vestic and does her best to pursuade everyone to do the right thing by giving the ships back before Rhapzody finds out and forces everyone to hug, eat cookies and read more of her long-winded posts in crew issues. Fearing the length of Rhapz's next post in the crew issues, the boom-boom twins fessed up handed over the deeds of the ships and vowed to play "nicer" next time. Djlucky who was present the entire time, yet oblivious to what was actually going on, only hears the words "beautiful warm water of the Midnight Ocean" and asks if Mermaids were involved. Upon hearing the whole story and wanting to return the ships to their rightful owners, Rhapz smiles and says..."I have an idea...."

After several edits later, Rhapz enters into the Midnight Events Forum and posts the following:

To All the Fine Pirates of the Midnight Ocean:
"A bunch of pirate-less sloops have "mysteriously" fallen into the hands of the Ocean's Shadow crew and we would now like to return them to their rightful owners. However, seeing as how we are all a bunch of scurvy rogues, bandits, scallywags and wenches and everyone will claim that the ships belong to them, we decided to let all the mates of Midnight Ocean decide fair and square who these ships belong to via a series of tournaments befitting a pirate of the highest...errr lowest standards! So come and join us on a hot summer evening on Aug, 27th, 2010 at 4pm pst (game-time) and help us to find rightful owners of these lost ships!"
Piratey Regards to ye all,
Rhapzody/Captain of the awesome Ocean's Shadow crew

Thus, the birth of "Sloops in the Shadow's II-Summer 2010"!

Event Description:

*This is essentially a "local-only" tourney style event and consists of 3 "rounds".
*The first "round" will have 4 back to back tourneys with the 1st place winners receiving a sloop.
*The top 2 winners of each tourney in "round" 1 will then advance to the 2nd "round".
*A total of 8 pirates will be advanced to "round" 2 and given 2k each to play in the tourney with the 1st place winner receiving 16k and the 2nd place winner receiving a sloop.
*The top 4 of "round" 2 will then advance to the 3rd and final "round" to battle it out for the grand prize: A WB.

Event Guidelines:
1-If you are one of the lucky top 2 winners of a tourney in 'round' 1 who get to advance to the 2nd round, please be generous and don't enter any of the other "tourneys" in "round" 1 or use alts. This event is meant to be fun for everyone... not just for 2 or 3. To enter another tourney as an alt or as yourself after I have asked you to please refrain from doing so would be unsportsmanlike and would dampen the spirit of this event. Please don't do it.
2-The only other thing that I ask is that everyone have fun and giggle and be happy and to enjoy all the free stuff that my crew has worked so hard to give away to you all.
3-Eat lots of cookies!!! =)

Event Details:
Event will either take place on one of our crew WB's or our crew house. All tourneys will be "local" only...except for the post-event tourney which will be ocean-wide.
(Prizes are listed below each tourney represented0:
ROUND 1:
Rumble Tourney (Top 2 winners advance to round 2 and are eliminated from the rest of round 1)
Poe: 10k
1st place: Sloop & hammock --*Dragonzombie --advanced to rd.2
2nd place: ship wheel & tea pot --*Mishaz advanced to rd.2
3rd place: flowers & meal --Topcop
4th place:Rumble Pit & fruit bowl --Starsie

TD Tourney (Top 2 winners advance to round 2 and are eliminated from the rest of round 1)
Poe:10k
1st Place: Sloop & hammock --*Trixylicks advanced to rd.2
2nd place: ship wheel & tea pot --*Topcop advanced to rd.2
3rd place: flowers & meal --Xule
4th place: TD board & fruit bowl --Starsie

SF Tourney (Top 2 winners advance to round 2 and are eliminated from the rest of round 1)
1st place: Sloop & hammock --*Bloodydeath advanced to rd.2
2nd place: ship Wheel & tea pot --*Thard advanced to rd.2
3rd place: flowers & meal --Sheiladiane
4th place: SF table & fruit bowl --Xule

Drinking Tourney (Top 2 winners advance to round 2)
1st place: Sloop & hammock --*Starsie advanced to rd.2
2nd place: ship wheel & tea pot --*Sheiladiane advanced to rd.2
3rd place: flowers & meal --Alniyat
4th place: Drinking table & fruit bowl --Rowrow

ROUND 2: Top 8 winners of round 1.
Poker Tourney--ALL IN or Fold. (Last 4 standing move forward to ROUND 3)
1st place: ALL poe won from poker tourney (16k) & dart board & sp.grn chair & Eastern Scroll --*Trixylicks advanced to rd.3
2nd place: Sloop & Eastern Scroll --*Dragonzombie advanced to rd.3
3rd place: An unnamed pet & Eastern Scroll --*Topcop advanced to rd.3
4th place: poker table & Eastern Scroll --*Thard advanced to rd.3
5th-Sheiladiane
6th-Mishaz
7th-Starsie
8th-Bloodydeath

ROUND 3: Top 4 winners of round 2.
TD Tourney
Poe: 20k
1st place: WB & male and female busts and stands & triketos model & folding screen --*Trixylicks
2nd place: Longship, Tourney board, large desk map & folding screen --*Topcop
3rd place: A Frosted Sloop, Spades table, hearts table. & folding screen --*Thard
4th place: Sloop, dart board, ship in a bottle & folding screen --*Dragonzombie

Note: There will be a final open-to-the-entire-ocean tourney after the event has ended. There will be a 20k pot with the 1st prize being...you guessed it--a SLOOP! 2nd prize: Unnamed pet.

A complete list of all winners and their respective prizes will be listed here within 24 hours after the event is over.

=============================================================
FAQ's:
Q) Your event starts at 4pm and I cant log on to the game until 5pm. Can I still participate in the events?
A) You can only log in late and participate in any of the tourneys in "round" 1 that haven't already started. After "round" 1 is finished and the top 8 winners from this round have advanced to "round" 2, then the event is closed to new entrants.

Q) Does it cost anything to enter any of the competitions?
A) NO! All the events are FREE OF CHARGE to anyone who wants to participate!

Q) I'm not subbed. Will I still be eligible to participate?
A) Yes & No. Yes=To the Treasure Drop tourney and to the Poker tourney. Unfortunately, there are some tourneys that will not be open for non-subbers and you will not be eligible to participate. HOWEVER...if you are one of the top 2 winners of the TD tourney in "round" 1...and then advance to the 2nd "round" and are one of the top 4 winners of the Poker tourney you will advance to the final "round" which WILL be a TD tourney. =)

Q) What will happen if I win one of the 4 tourneys in "round" 1 but have to log off before "round" 2 begins?
A) Ok, this is a bit sticky, but in all fairness and to keep the event from being prolonged into anther day or even into another week, if you win one of the tourneys in "round" one and then log off and arent available for the next "round", then the 3rd place winner of the tourney you won will advance to the final "round". So if you win one of the "rounds", make sure you make yourself available for the next "round". (So, to all you 3rd place winners in "round"1, it may be a good idea for you all to stick around because you may advance to "round" 2. =) )

Q)Will there be "whisking" involved?
A) Just once...when we job you to our crew. =) *winks*

Click HERE to view SITS 2010 (1st SITS event)

=============================================================

I believe this is about all I can think of for now mates! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them here and I'll be glad to answer ye as best as I can. Again, good luck to all those who decide to come and join us! Woot!
/e gives cookies!

*EDIT: To add SITS-2010 link.
EDIT again: To add 10th ship as 4th place prize in final round!
Last EDIT: To add the winners list for the event.

----------------------------------------
Rhapzody says, "Would someone tell me again WHY we call them EX's?"
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Rhapzodi at Aug 27, 2010 8:46:29 PM]
[Aug 15, 2010 9:11:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

Re: The Official "Sloops in the Shadows-Summer 2010" Ocean-Wide Event details are HERE!

Update:
We just discovered yet ANOTHER sloop left pirateless...so that is a total of TEN (10) ships that we will be giving away...

Now to figure out how to add that to the event....
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Aug 18, 2010 4:45:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
linchpin_1

Re: The Official "Sloops in the Shadows-Summer 2010" Ocean-Wide Event details are HERE!

Update:
We just discovered yet ANOTHER sloop left pirateless...so that is a total of TEN (10) ships that we will be giving away...

i bet it was hiding behind a cookie!
Xule
Diletto tells ye, "well, all persuits in the end serve just to impress ladies, very very true"

(Avatar by the talented Alniyat)
[Aug 19, 2010 11:46:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

4 more days until this event hits the ocean mates!!!

/e gets all excited and runs off to bake more cookies!!
[Aug 24, 2010 8:33:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

Woot! The Event is TODAY mates!!!!
4pm game time!!

Send Rhapzody or Annmoo a /tell in-game to get invited to our crew house.

orrrrrr.....

Click the EVENT TAB on the NB to get whisked there!!!

Hope to see ye all there!!

*We will start whisking 30 minutes prior to the event as well as have it posted on the events tab of theNB!!
[Aug 27, 2010 4:07:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

On behalf of my crew, Ocean's Shadow, I would like to thank each and everyone of you who came out today for a lil fun and giggles! You mates were awesome and I loved every minute of it!

Congrats to all the winners! (See the OP of this thread for list)

We look forward to seeing you all at the next SITS event...coming in January 2011!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

/e huggles and throws cookies!
[Aug 27, 2010 8:52:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trixylicks

nice event hun, had a good time.

And yeahhh i won something for a change lol :)
[Aug 30, 2010 4:03:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates