• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 810 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
jandreau13

two things that should be added to midnight/other oceans Reply to this Post

1. Have buying prices for every product at the palace...that is averaged by the average buy price of the item in the ocean....ex... a comod sink and say buying krakens blood for 18k instead of going pillaging then not being able to sell it for a fair price and having to find someone to buy it...it would also help put a competition up for shop owners .....

edit: as far as i know the palace owners sets the buy/sell price of comods for the palace...and usually they buy very low and sell super high ....so how about making it un-changable and make the prices set by its self or some kind of...game design code sorta thing...by the average buy/sell price in the ocean.....

2. sell other types of ships in the palace ...ex: merchant brig.

this one sorta explains its self ......i think
----------------------------------------
Hermes tells you, "No. It's slightly randomized
Scallywagery says, "this is why i play Y!pp"
Scallywagery says, "to watch mindless idiots"
Eurydice says, "You're participating, what does that say about you?"
[Edit 3 times, last edit by jandreau13 at Feb 19, 2005 2:05:53 AM]
[Feb 19, 2005 2:05:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Re: two things that should be added to midnight/other oceans Reply to this Post

Erm - I can half guess what you mean, and these ideas might be good, but could you please explain a little more? Thanks!

Dylan
[Feb 19, 2005 2:07:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jandreau13

Dylan wrote: 
Erm - I can half guess what you mean, and these ideas might be good, but could you please explain a little more? Thanks!

Dylan

err i kinda suck at idea's (if u look at my other posts) so err i think i might be able to go into more detail......
[Feb 19, 2005 2:10:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blue_jacket

jandreau13 wrote: 
1. Have buying prices for every product at the palace...that is averaged by the average buy price of the item in the ocean....ex... a comod sink and say buying krakens blood for 18k instead of going pillaging then not being able to sell it for a fair price and having to find someone to buy it...it would also help put a competition up for shop owners .....

If I understand you correctly, you want a universal standard price to be set at every palace or fort, so you get a fair price for goods you've pillaged no matter the island you've ported at. Since the palace has to supply its own coffers, I don't see this happening soon.

jandreau13 wrote: 

I think the reason the palace only sells sloops is to support the economy; i.e. you buy a sloop, you pillage, you make enough to open a ship stall, you and others buy larger ships...which leads to blockades, shoppes, etc.
-Yaten
YPPedia administrator. Mostly retired.

[Feb 19, 2005 2:25:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YatenPirate [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Ok I get you now, I think. If what I think you think is what I think it is, then perhaps the doubloon trading and bid ticket interfaces would be useful. As I understand it, you want an ocean-wide market for goods - both raw materials and ships. This so that, for example, kraken's blood can be purchased (in theory) by anybody. Unless you mean that the 'in theory' part is dropped, and anybody can just buy it - that won't happen for rares.

How about the following: there is a global market for rares such as KB. Anybody can enter a bid (at any palace/bank/market) for what they would pay, with perhaps some factors such as maximum range for the bid to be posted (not interested in items more than X leagues away). Similarly, sellers can ask a higher price than perhaps otherwise (un)available at whatever island is ported in to. With the 'doubloon trading' interface, people can see the top of the order book. With the 'bid ticket' interface, they can go beyond that range.

All this wouldn't magically whisk the commodities, they would still be a the island they were sold at, and both the seller and buyer could pay (PoE sink) for time spent in storage, depending on both bulk and value.

Essentially, all it would do is open the oceanwide market to everybody.

Not sure if that is what you were thinking of, but it would fit in with the thoughts on opening banking, without making it trivial to actually move the goods.

Dylan
[Feb 19, 2005 2:38:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jandreau13

blue_jacket wrote: 
jandreau13 wrote: 

If I understand you correctly, you want a universal standard price to be set at every palace or fort, so you get a fair price for goods you've pillaged no matter the island you've ported at. Since the palace has to supply its own coffers, I don't see this happening soon.

jandreau13 wrote: 

I think the reason the palace only sells sloops is to support the economy; i.e. you buy a sloop, you pillage, you make enough to open a ship stall, you and others buy larger ships...which leads to blockades, shoppes, etc.

no, im saying make the palace shop basically not exist in a way... basically make it so that it is just a way to remove comods and poe from the system sorta....but willing to go with what ever is better....

p.s. dylan i like your idea.....are you saying the rare market would be like the dubloon market ?....
[Feb 19, 2005 3:38:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

What you are looking for isn't a funciton of the palace. It's a function of the market.

Palace is player controlled, and not all islands have them. Heck, some islands on midnight had markets long before they had palaces.

Now, markets on the other hand, are OM/Dev controlled. They can have infinite poe; they can buy/sell anything. You could make it so that they have buy and sell prices listed, acting as price floors/ceilings, and also making sure that the comodity is available, somehow -- right now they are providing small shot and swill on the startup islands, until players can startup stalls.

Palace shops selling sloops? Well, that (to me) isn't so much the player controlled palace, so much as a "startup supply under OM/Dev control", just like the shot and swill at the market.

If you are talking about a commodity sink, that's a bad idea -- we need all the commods we can get. Sinking comodities just leads to inflation.

Sinking poe, on the other hand, isn't such a bad idea. Right now, on the startup islands you might see people get stuff from a merchant ship, sail it home, and have nothing to do with it. If the market acted as a buyer of last resort, seller of last resort for all commodities, then they could be offloaded from the ship, and stored for later repurchase by stall openers.

Further, by putting a bottom level "Buy" price, they make sure that there actually is some production going on, and merchant ships bringing things in for pirates to pillage -- thereby bringing the illusion of "We're part of a world of activity", rather than "Nothing happens except what we do".
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Feb 19, 2005 6:01:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Kaet

I like Dylan's idea (or rather, Dylan's misunderstanding of Georgej's idea) for a market for rares like the doubloon market. That would be interesting....

TMBTC, Palaces (or Forts) can buy and sell any item as long as it has at least one of them in its "hold" (unless that ability was changed at some point). It really helps outpost islands. Orca used to have a great fort for commodities (I haven't been there in a while).
[Feb 19, 2005 6:54:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Albrat

I think the "sell Comods to market" Idea would work on a opening ocean.

Eg, in Ice ocean we got a unit of Krackens blood.

But. now we seem stuck we have a ship with a unit or two ofkrackens blood on it. BUT! what can we do with it..... it's worthless to anyone pillaging because it cannot be used / sold. hehe.

basically the same thing could happen on cobalt. So any jobbing crew you have wouldn't get paid for the unit you pillaged.
Why does dos never say excellent command or filename?

Albrat.

Shuranthae flag officer chats, "I think the brat is right."
[Feb 19, 2005 9:13:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates