• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 31
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4766 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
Healing13

Sage is boring.

You heard me right, so from now on we (FG) are going to hold CRAZY PILLIES! What does this mean? Every night we will do a new theme for fun, laughs, and other silly stoopid stuff. First night: rumless battles! even better? No CBS! Ok, so say we win something, where will the money go? CREW FUND! So come support sillay!

Other things
Will start at 5 gametime (kinda, idk my schedule)
"You wont win" that isn't the point, the point is fun
"Your stats will die" My stats died on a trade run long ago and I am to lazy to bring them back up.
"I'm not there" well apply via NB already!
----------------------------------------
Musex on sage
Sillay Pillays!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Healing13 at Jun 7, 2010 9:44:11 AM]
[Jun 6, 2010 5:14:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daviddavison

Re: Sage is boring.

Blame TBB for talking hype and still not living up to it... not me...
Joh to my friends Mr. Johanson to all others....

Built a new computer. So easy even a Joh can do it.

Nooblar only retired because he misses me playing.
[Jun 6, 2010 5:27:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nooblar

Pretty sure its still not July yet.

Also what is a pillies?
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[Jun 6, 2010 6:20:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sdafda

What is a 'pillies'? Does it consist of hard labour/puzzling? If it does, count me out.

Lol Joh, it seems like he is actually going through with it, so I believe this 'hype'.

Unfortunately, Sage has been boring for the last year or 2.
Sdafda on Sage

Jerich flag royalty chats, "This is why we have no friends.
[Jun 6, 2010 6:28:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Healing13

IDK, spell check won't help me :( but ya, pillages. So yes, come, lost of puzzling, rumless battles, and you might a super cool screenie like this: Yes, that is right. We blackshipped ourselves for fun and then watched as one guy took out ALOT of skellies all by himself. That shows from the first skellie killed to right before he died.
Musex on sage
Sillay Pillays!
[Jun 6, 2010 6:52:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

Get a bigger screen lolz.
Burninator

Very retired. Not coming back.
[Jun 6, 2010 7:07:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Healing13

Either way, it was fun, more people should come next time. And to take out from our current fund we pay good jobbers 1k at the end! (not much but hey, it was payed fun!) and if you are extra special awesome like skellie killer you get 3k!
Musex on sage
Sillay Pillays!
[Jun 6, 2010 7:26:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nooblar

Burni doesn't know that the the half MB is the next limited edition vessel. Lets all point and laugh.
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[Jun 6, 2010 7:53:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Healing13

/e points and laughs.

Wait, it is? (sic)

But no really, I like my half MB :( No really, fullscreen is lame. I can't check forums and Xfire at the same time! fulscrn r 0nly fur 0old pplz.
Musex on sage
Sillay Pillays!
[Jun 6, 2010 8:32:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

/e points and laughs.

Wait, it is? (sic)

But no really, I like my half MB :( No really, fullscreen is lame. I can't check forums and Xfire at the same time! fulscrn r 0nly fur 0old pplz.

You used (sic) wrong.

Moving on: Half sloop > half MB.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jun 6, 2010 11:18:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DanD17

Re: Sage is boring, so I will make it stupid as well.

For your Crew fund eh?

Right.
Daudy

Discocow!

Cremate says, "skmpns"
[Jun 7, 2010 12:34:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

How well can you really multitask? If I'm on YPP, it's likely to be taking up most of my attention. If it's not, then it's in the background anyways. I don't run it full screen, I just have a decent sized monitor.
Burninator

[Jun 7, 2010 3:21:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Milkydrops

How well can you really multitask? If I'm on YPP, it's likely to be taking up most of my attention. If it's not, then it's in the background anyways. I don't run it full screen, I just have a decent sized monitor.

Or, you could have two monitors and have ypp on one and the forums on another. All your problems solved. :D
Milkdrop

Milkdrop says, "I'd rather die in a fire than watch HSM"
Dessert says, "I'd rather have my legs be tied to a tree and my arms be tied to a truck and the truck slowly rip my body in half than watch HSM"

[Jun 7, 2010 4:02:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

Or, you could have two monitors and have ypp on one and the forums on another. All your problems solved. :D

This too. However this only solves the problem of having to switch from one to the other, I still can only really look at one of the screens with all of my attention at a time.
Burninator

[Jun 7, 2010 4:28:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

How well can you really multitask?

The New York Times has a test here that you can take to test that. It's rather neat, I tested better with the more distractions I had (which is kind of true), and I'm apparently also a BAMF at multitasking.

Then again, I've been known to just kind of walk away from the computer at random times and not tell anyone I'm afk because something shiny distracted me.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fixated at Jun 7, 2010 6:52:08 AM]
[Jun 7, 2010 6:45:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Healing13

Re: Sage is boring

Well, when you are on a rumless and don't have any CBS you can't really EXPECT to make money, especially if you are understaffed. However if we do we will put it toward our crew fund, which is being used to pay our awesome jobbers ATM. I don't see why people don't like this idea, if we want to act silly, we literally have NOTHING on the ship to lose, so it really doesn't matter. And we get an easy hair of the dog. And everyone had fun last night, and some of them even made some poe.
Musex on sage
Sillay Pillays!
[Jun 7, 2010 7:26:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
teabagbill

How well can you really multitask?

The New York Times has a test here that you can take to test that. It's rather neat, I tested better with the more distractions I had (which is kind of true), and I'm apparently also a BAMF at multitasking.

Then again, I've been known to just kind of walk away from the computer at random times and not tell anyone I'm afk because something shiny distracted me.

I don't think that test is terribly accurate, as I got 100% in both parts.
MC MundanCe, SPC
[Edit 1 times, last edit by teabagbill at Jun 7, 2010 7:51:43 AM]
[Jun 7, 2010 7:50:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scientology.org/?source=ga&gclid=CID0w4vCk58CFSBk4wodgzD7JQ [Link]  Go to top 
kiadude

It's a nice idea, but would'nt it make more sense to run profitable and fun pillages? I'll try make on or two of these, but tbh I can't see myself enjoying them much :(

Contact me in-game if you want any event ideas, I've done quite a few in the past.
Retired. :(

But still ready to spring into action and blockade yo booty. :)
[Jun 7, 2010 7:50:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

I'm gonna have to agree with TBB on this one.
Burninator

[Jun 7, 2010 8:47:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Z1Q

Same, but mehh..

Can I ask, what is fun about rumless battles and all that crap? Been there done that, fallen asleep doing one of these stupid things before..
Boom on Sage Ocean
Hanley on Hunter Ocean
Trib on Viridian Ocean
Senior Officer of Poorly Named Crew
Boom on sails here!
[Jun 7, 2010 9:05:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Healing13

Face it, most good players can win with 5 good players on a sloop, no damage to either team, so infact we are adding a challenge. And it sets the stage for easy cracks about the pirates obvious alcohol problem. That and we get a cool trophy after enough. Anyways, that is not the only thing we plan to do, we might as well do other things, such as doing IOs with a MB (Not a war ship) the point is to do something different, and is to be in a group of things. For example, we may run Easter egg hunts soon, just stuff like that, add something different to sage. Maybe we could set up a PvP league, everyone have a team with KB onboard and you all go out inbetween addy and wensly until someone has all the KB? I'm just doing my part to make sage just a tad bit more fun.

EDIT:
Another thing I had suggested to me (word up sexxa Sizzly) Is we could have trinkets, or poe bonuses for different achievements. Like, best teamer, worst teamer, best in frays, hated by bots, etc etc etc. Also, prizes for best sword, we can have pillages were you must switch station every few minutes, one were we let different people Bnav. We might have a shotless PvP runs where the point is to ram the other person till they are maxed. If there is anything else that anyone wants to add send me a walkinghorse a tell!
Musex on sage
Sillay Pillays!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Healing13 at Jun 7, 2010 9:42:42 AM]
[Jun 7, 2010 9:31:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Z1Q

Face it,

I did.. And it still bored me..
Boom on Sage Ocean
Hanley on Hunter Ocean
Trib on Viridian Ocean
Senior Officer of Poorly Named Crew
Boom on sails here!
[Jun 7, 2010 9:56:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Crazy pillage is a pillage without any sense. Crazy is good.

We might have a shotless PvP runs where the point is to ram the other person till they are maxed.

Dahling Musex, I want to point out that ramming with your opponent gives equal amount of damage to both of you and therefore the idea to max your opponent first fails.

Instead, how about a chasing pvp? You will try to run away and the other will try to catch you and ram ram ram.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jun 7, 2010 12:49:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Healing13

We might have a shotless PvP runs where the point is to ram the other person till they are maxed.

Dahling Musex, I want to point out that ramming with your opponent gives equal amount of damage to both of you and therefore the idea to max your opponent first fails.

Instead, how about a chasing pvp? You will try to run away and the other will try to catch you and ram ram ram.

That was the idea, but the rammer would get the points :P and the most points would win a prize.
Musex on sage
Sillay Pillays!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Healing13 at Jun 7, 2010 2:22:45 PM]
[Jun 7, 2010 2:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sdafda

I got 92% in the '...2 distracting blues' and 100% in the '...6 distracting blues'. But anyway, I don't think it is either :-/
Sdafda on Sage

Jerich flag royalty chats, "This is why we have no friends.
[Jun 9, 2010 2:44:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

Even I can sail a sloop solo well enough to keep away from a decent puzzler, do it on cutters at least. That might make for more interesting battles.
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[Jun 10, 2010 10:34:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dublinzom

Well i played viridian today becuz sage was in maintenance i can tell you other oceans are more boring
[Jun 10, 2010 10:45:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

2 vs 2 MBs?
Burninator

[Jun 10, 2010 10:45:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shyney

Face it, most good players can win with 5 good players on a sloop

Your definition of good and mine must vary greatly...a good player should be able to solo a sloop much less needing 5 other good players.
Shyne

Vnork says, "shyne is the center of the universe, and everything around him is one giant lawn"

Novo enjoys pink, fluffy bears.
[Jun 10, 2010 11:39:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tanonev

Your definition of good and mine must vary greatly...a good player should be able to solo a sloop much less needing 5 other good players.

Good player == player who gets a DR of "Good"? :P It might not be the most popular definition, but it makes poetic sense...
Tanonev on all oceans; currently exploring Meridian.
Puppetar by Tilinka
[Jun 10, 2010 2:56:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.alpha-slash.com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates