• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2783 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Shuranthae

Togglable Animations Reply to this Post

How about having the option of turning off or maybe shortening certain animations, particularly in Sea Battle?

Because I like making up words.
[Feb 16, 2005 3:12:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Re: Togglable Animations Reply to this Post

Yeah, they take time and they mess up my puzzle moves, especially gunning.
----------------------------------------
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[Feb 16, 2005 3:24:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Flak_88 wrote: 

Quoted for emphasis.
[Feb 16, 2005 3:32:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
six_of_one

Sailing: incredible

Canon: BOOO?

[insert unbelievably huge lag here as the key to your Combination of Unusual Size just hangs there]

Canon: ?OOOM!!

Sailing: fine

-------

Add me to the "yes, please" list ;-)
Numbersix, Scribe of Dioses y Demonios
Body Massage!
[Feb 16, 2005 3:55:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akkhima

The animation that annoys me the most is the one at the end of a shipwrightery puzzle... I apparently get confused easily, and tend to have trouble figuring out that the puzzle is done, and the tide isn't just attacking me and buggily making me not be able to move.
Akkhima
[Feb 16, 2005 5:36:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.otaku-chan.com    akkhima    CrystallineAkkhi [Link]  Go to top 
CursedBurger

Faulkston wrote: 
Flak_88 wrote: 

Quoted for emphasis.

Are there any pirates on this ship?
And if they sober up,
they'll have us home by morning.
[Feb 16, 2005 5:41:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wnorman

Akkhima wrote: 
The animation that annoys me the most is the one at the end of a shipwrightery puzzle... I apparently get confused easily, and tend to have trouble figuring out that the puzzle is done, and the tide isn't just attacking me and buggily making me not be able to move.

This was confusing for many until they added the little sound. Do you play with sound turned off?

Maybe it still needs some other type of visual cue.
Shark
Captain of Ransack Marauders
Prince and Admiral of Silver Dawn

[size=9]Greenie says, "are you a rael shark/"
[Feb 16, 2005 5:57:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FrankGrimes

This is really problematic for me on a sub-par computer (thankfully that won't be a problem in May, huzzah), so big battles with lots of cannons and grapples and lag city for me. And I play sound disabled. Big yes from me.
Grimes: Retired
Former badass
[Feb 16, 2005 6:01:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akkhima

wnorman wrote: 
Akkhima wrote: 

This was confusing for many until they added the little sound. Do you play with sound turned off?

Maybe it still needs some other type of visual cue.

The only sound I let through is the whistle, and that's only if my speakers are on.
Akkhima
[Feb 16, 2005 6:04:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.otaku-chan.com    akkhima    CrystallineAkkhi [Link]  Go to top 
evania

You aren't alone, Akkhima. I play on my laptop with sounds off and I always end up with a moment or two of "hang on, why won't it let me click these things?" at the end of that puzzle. I'm all for another visual cue! Perhaps the pieces could become faded-out or something?
crazyrandom wrote: 
Who is Evania is the real question, and what has she done to my thread?

[Feb 16, 2005 6:50:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

It'd be really nice to have a "performance" mode that strips out most sounds (but not whistles) and the unnessecary animations.

EDIT: It isn't a non-existant word if it's made up legitimately from existing parts. It's only illegitimate if you randomly say "foogleswitchets" and then give it some weird meaning that doesn't make any sense.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 54x at Feb 16, 2005 6:52:14 AM]
[Feb 16, 2005 6:52:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
cynestria

I'm all for this. My computer is possessed by demons, or something equally problematic, and sometimes all that stuff going on in sea battles makes them angry... (Normally I'd think fixing the computer was the solution, but I've been trying to do that the entire time I've owned it)

That, and I fully support anything that involves words as fun to say as "togglable".
"u devil in m y heart space" -- Minsiem

Also not Erfan
[Feb 16, 2005 6:55:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

54x wrote: 
"foogleswitchets"

If there are foogleswitchets, they'd better be toggleable.

Notorious atteSmythe,
all about the options

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Feb 16, 2005 6:57:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates