• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 738 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
hirsty

Rank-based Missions Reply to this Post

Ahoy! Wouldnt it be great if those certain officers had no need to go through officer training every time someone requested to be one? How about it being great that all senior officers and Captains can monitor the progress of those officers to be?

Why not add a feature that allows the Captains and Senior Officers creat a crew-based mission to follow the instructions of the current officer training, the officer to be would follow the instructions given. When a certain checkpoint has been passed, the captain would see this as it would be checked on an officer sheet and if the officer to be has completed all these requirements, he is automatically promoted?

Just and idea :) Could be used for the different ranks, unsure whether or not to detrank if they fall below the criteria in future and aye i know there is some gaps but meh
----------------------------------------
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Jun 1, 2010 1:28:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Rank-based Missions Reply to this Post

This would be nice, but I don't think the server code has that much flexibility for the user-extensible kind of things that this would require. Have you checked into QuarterMaster? I believe it has some features like scripted officer training.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Jun 1, 2010 3:24:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

Yes i use it fer all my pillages, but generally i do code myself, whats wrong with a database to manage the info?? :)

And im hoping with this we could not need the use of a set time as the officer-to-be could do section by section as he pleases
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hirsty at Jun 1, 2010 8:11:43 AM]
[Jun 1, 2010 8:03:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Basically, you're asking for better tutorials.
Evidence suggests that people don't do tutorials unless forced, and are more likely to quit and find someone who'll make them an officer just for having a ship and/or a badge.
That's kids for you. Me me me now now now.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Jun 1, 2010 9:20:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

well, kind of a tutorial but the captain could jus put it this way.......no following tutorial, no promotion.....because in effect it could bring some more experienced officers onto cobalt as they will actually know what they are doing.....the missions could be stored within an SQL database whilst using if statements to check whether a checkpoint has been completed or not
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Jun 1, 2010 11:46:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates