• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2272 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
evania

[Forbidden] Sloop on Ice for poe on Midnight

- My apologies, OM. Wasn't up-to-dates on the dubloon bits of the TOS. -
----------------------------------------
crazyrandom wrote: 
Who is Evania is the real question, and what has she done to my thread?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by evania at Feb 9, 2005 10:13:57 AM]
[Feb 9, 2005 10:13:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

Re: [Forbidden] Sloop on Ice for poe on Midnight

Hate to break it to you, but next week Ice is being swiped. This means that the Polite Chad will not be on Ice as of February 15.

Nemo wrote this afternoon...
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Feb 9, 2005 10:38:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
evania

Dragonlilly wrote: 
Hate to break it to you, but next week Ice is being swiped. This means that the Polite Chad will not be on Ice as of February 15.

Nemo wrote this afternoon...

Already knew that, but thanks. As I said above -

evania wrote: 
You have days till the server wipe; think of what fun ye can have if you're planning to spend this weekend on Ice!

I think that out there somewhere is a pirate with enough poe on Midnight who'll want to buy this ship from me so that they can spend their hard-earned Ice money on rum and shot. There are certainly enough people griping about not being able to afford a sloop on Ice :)
crazyrandom wrote: 

[Feb 9, 2005 10:48:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scary_mary

sloop

Or.. we could just pillage with another crew and get the 7K required.
10K for a sloop that will no longer exsist in a week is kinda silly
- Czar of Mercenaries
[Feb 9, 2005 12:20:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evania

All gains in online games are transient. This sloop's just a bit more transient than most. ;)

You can join a crew and pillage but it'll take a while to raise the poe. Besides which, the Ice Ocean isn't exactly full of posts wanting jobbers, so you'd have to be in the right place at the right time. Crew cuts are also going up since commods just started flowing and rum is now available. Buy this sloop off me and you'd have an extra day or two to enjoy ship ownership (and being a captain) before the wipe. Fame and Fortune awaits, and 5 days is still longer than 15 minutes.

I've seen enough posts about people wanting "sloops now" that I think I'll get an offer from someone who's just starting on Ice and wants to sail this weekend. But if you think it's silly you don't have to buy it --- I'll be happy to keep her myself, declare war on something, and sink her right before the wipe. Mwahahahaha!
crazyrandom wrote: 

[Feb 9, 2005 1:12:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

I'd say that 2000 might've been a fairer price. But that's me. Doubt you'll sell it this way, through. =\ :)
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Feb 10, 2005 3:50:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

Trades between oceans are not allowed. I've changed the subject line to reflect that.

[quote:a6b0502449="http://www.puzzlepirates.com/support/faqs/doubloons.html#servertrade"]

Can I transfer or trade between Oceans?

Absolutely not. We are determined to keep the Doubloon and Subscription Oceans distinct and separate. There will be no way to transfer your Pirate between Oceans, and no approved means of trade between Oceans.

Three Rings explictly forbids players from making trades between Subscriber and Doubloon Oceans and will enforce the updated Terms of Service in this respect. [/quote]
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Feb 10, 2005 6:25:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

<Devil's advocate>

Next week, after the Ice server is wiped and becomes a subscription ocean, would this then be an allowed trade? The FAQ you quoted mentions subscription and doubloon oceans in particular, so does that make subsciption/subscription and doubloon/doubloon trades kosher?

</devil's advocate>
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Feb 10, 2005 7:24:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

I expect the FAQ will be reworked when there's a free moment to do it, to clarify that trades between any oceans of any type will not be supported.
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Feb 11, 2005 4:11:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Fiddler wrote: 
<Devil's advocate>

Next week, after the Ice server is wiped and becomes a subscription ocean, would this then be an allowed trade? The FAQ you quoted mentions subscription and doubloon oceans in particular, so does that make subsciption/subscription and doubloon/doubloon trades kosher?

</devil's advocate>

I think I have an understanding of the basic point behind preventing this kind of thing. Their idea is to start new oceans a little different from how Midnight was started. If I understand correctly, Midnight had a little bit more help getting going from OM's. The plan is the new oceans will have as little interference from OM's as possible.

That being said, they're trying to get these new oceans started as evenly, and gasp...fairly as possible, where everybody is starting out on the same foot. They don't want XhugeflagX who is already rich in Midnight to go in and, through ocean trading, suddenly have more in the new ocean than everybody else. Thus gaining and early tohold and pretty much exclusive control over the environment from day one.

Many new subscribers from Ubisoft will be going to new subscriber oceans, and new folks from miniclip to doubloon oceans, folks who have nothing in midnight to move over. The idea is to force XrichflagX members who move over onto the same playing field as all the new guys who won't have anybody to trade with.

I think that's about it, correct me if I'm mistaken...

That being said, that doesn't mean everybody will have to Navy around for months before they can start acquiring ships and such. I've seen folks on Ice doing exactly what I was thinking, but they did it first...Pooling resouces for crew goods. Everybody in your crew spends a day or two working the navy, they combine their earnings and poof, guess who has enough to buy a sloop. And it didn't take long, either. Now the crew has one sloop, let's go pillage. Crew then donates pillage funds for more sloops. Before you know it, Trouble has 2 sloops and a third on the way any time now, and their flag has at least 1 other sloop already. (And the wonderful thing is, since there are so few player ships around right now, you NEVER have trouble...pun intended, in getting jobbers!).

Yayy for teamwork...LOL
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Feb 11, 2005 8:06:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Villiami

cool i may have tos ee
[Jul 23, 2009 9:12:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

You are responding to a thread from almost four years ago (regarding the creation of Cobalt and Viridian, if I'm not mistaken). It no longer reflects current events. Please be more careful about checking the dates of previous posts.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cmdrzoom at Jul 23, 2009 9:45:59 AM]
[Jul 23, 2009 9:44:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates