• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 27
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2932 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
NickScorpio

CC Blockades Tumult

Coerced Coexistence seeks daring pirates for the dangerous job of flag sitting as we attempt to take our third island, Tumult.

Now, when I first read that, I said to myself "Self, what the heck is so dangerous about flag sitting?". And since I'm a know it all, I had an answer. The answer of course is that we have Dalnoth navving. And he tends to not be very discriminating when or where he's shooting. Friend or foe has faced the briney deep at the end of his guns. So the orders for this cade will "Be like Dalnoth"...and shoot everybody.

Our intention for this island is to keep it. We have plenty of supply opportunities a short sail away and will make every effort to treat Tumult like an extension of Armstrong as far as pillaging is concerned. Things can and do change quickly in the game so I don't know whether we'll have new plans in a month or not.

Of course, we'll always be willing to discuss terms of a blockade for the island if some flag wants to blockade it.

Anyways, here is the particulars:
What: Non-Sinking Blockade at Tumult Island
When Jobbing at 11 am gametime, Sunday August 23rd. Cade starts at 12 pm
Pay: 600/segment
Jobbing Contacts Jobcc and Aidcc
Bonus Giveways We will be selecting 3 pirates that are not lazing at random for each round to receive a brand new sword. The swords will be a Falchion, Skull Dagger or Scimitar. We'll do white/red in the first round, black/yellow in the 2nd and purple/green in the 3rd. These swords are not yet delivered but completed at my IM on Aim. I will deliver them tomorrow so as not to age them an extra day.

Educational Intent Video EDIT: Video by Jackpot

Commence Tarting!!!!
----------------------------------------
Hankscorpio
[Edit 2 times, last edit by NickScorpio at Aug 22, 2009 4:56:21 PM]
[Aug 22, 2009 3:37:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Re: CC Blockades Tumult

Gradz on to 30-100k Island :D

Edit: Best intent video yet?
Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by grizzlyly at Aug 22, 2009 4:15:52 PM]
[Aug 22, 2009 3:39:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ascotte

Hankscorpio wrote: 
Coerced Coexistence Hunter Ocean seeks daring pirates for the dangerous job of flag sitting making the blockade more interesting.

FIXED, and it sounds much more interesting this way...

cool intent video though
Ascotte,
member of the White Seahorse Club.
Playing on Emerald

"East-West, Huntards are best!"

tells ye, "You invented forum cades"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ascotte at Aug 22, 2009 3:55:03 PM]
[Aug 22, 2009 3:51:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Hankscorpio wrote: 
Coerced Coexistence Hunter Ocean seeks daring pirates for the dangerous job of flag sitting making the blockade more interesting.

You are aware that the Queen of a flag can drop a chest, correct?

Do you need a whisk to Tumult? I can hook you up.
Hankscorpio
[Aug 22, 2009 3:57:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ascotte

Tumult wrote: 
You are aware that the Queen of a flag can drop a chest, correct?

Do you need a whisk to Tumult? I can hook you up.

I sure am :p
But I'm also aware that I might need another pair of ships in order to live longer than a round with Prince -Loves to shoot everything- Dalnoth on the board.
*e winks

No worries, we'll be on the board one day, and hopefully sooner than expected
Ascotte,
Playing on Emerald

[Aug 22, 2009 4:03:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gillie017

Ooooh August 23 rd !!

Spooky!
If a bird looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a Huntard .
[Aug 22, 2009 4:03:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ascotte

he came up with it on the 22 of August (8th month)

2+2+8 = 12
=> 1+2 = 3
Ascotte,
Playing on Emerald

[Aug 22, 2009 4:11:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gillie017

2+2+8 = 12
=> 1+2 = 3

even spookier!
If a bird looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a Huntard .
[Aug 22, 2009 4:16:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zaqmyo

Awesome intent video? :D, Good luck shooting air CC :P
Zaqmyo
Toemoesh says, "If you're coming between me getting a Hera doll I'll pvp every single ship I find you on"
[Aug 22, 2009 4:59:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Texasborn

Awesome video!! I love loved school house rock!

I will be there as soon as church is over and I can drive home!! :P
Texasborn
Captain of Titan's Rebirth
Monarch of Golden Destiny
Tex's music box
[Aug 22, 2009 5:46:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YozziePie

Loved the intent .

Good luck CC
Yoz
Grace O' Malley
Emerald

Stvns shouts, "bone them!!! homos last"
Kaden tells ye, "They're Homus gosh :P"

Awesome avvie by drinkthes
[Aug 22, 2009 5:58:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Oh yeah, we're rolling with Persimmon bandannas this time around. Look for CCbandanas to get one
Hankscorpio
[Aug 22, 2009 6:03:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

To make things a bit more fun, I will be loading sloops for the first round, 1 at a time for you navers to shot. They will be under my alt flag Extreme Pain. Atleast I will try to load some.
Kickhead on Hunter

[Aug 22, 2009 7:53:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Manhi

Hope you guys have a great time
Manhi of the Emerald Ocean

Royal of "Private Party"
SO of "Natural Born Chillers"

Avatar drawn by hand from an old crew member

It's not "Sage". It's Emerald. Accept it.
[Aug 22, 2009 8:05:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Hankscorpio wrote: 

It looks like you might get your wish. A bunch of crewless frigs just ported at Tumult. I have a good idea who it is and I don't put it past them just to be messing with us. But I'm expecting somebody will contest it.
Hankscorpio
[Aug 23, 2009 6:18:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

2+2+8 = 12
=> 1+2 = 3

even spookier!

How about this? Tumult was open on this day last year! August 23. So far the only time Tumult's been blockaded was on the 23 of August.
Kickhead on Hunter

[Aug 23, 2009 6:56:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
b8c02

So the orders for this cade will "Be like Dalnoth"...and shoot everybody.

I'd be careful when shooting Dal, he's been known to steal the rum of those who shoot him.

Good luck CC.
Flar
S.O. of Cruentus Morpheus
King of RM
[Aug 23, 2009 7:03:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dawnrenee8

oohhh another chance to blow shit up!!! We can't argue with the power of 3. Knotty's favorite #69. I need a new bandana! Soooo Knott Serious will accept the dangerious mission, we will ride the flag sit. C ya there!
[Aug 23, 2009 8:21:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ascotte

Hankscorpio wrote: 
Ascotte wrote: 
Hankscorpio wrote: 

It looks like you might get your wish. A bunch of crewless frigs just ported at Tumult. I have a good idea who it is and I don't put it past them just to be messing with us. But I'm expecting somebody will contest it.

*e pleads not guilty in this case.
Do I need a lawyer?

Good luck! I'm curious to see, cause I don''t know yet.
Ascotte,
Playing on Emerald

[Aug 23, 2009 8:47:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chigaga_YPP

Good luck!
Chigaga
[Aug 23, 2009 9:54:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Ascotte wrote: 

*e pleads not guilty in this case.
Do I need a lawyer?

Good luck! I'm curious to see, cause I don''t know yet.

lol, no lawyer is needed.

I was really just trying to get the word out that this may not be a flag sit, as previously thought.

Either way, we'll need gunners. :p
Hankscorpio
[Aug 23, 2009 9:59:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Thanks CC :D I had fun getting my sloop fleet wet during round 2. and one sloop in round 3.
Kickhead on Hunter

[Aug 23, 2009 2:20:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Wow, well that was a BLAST! I hope the jobbers had as much fun as we did in such an unusual "blockade".

We sent in War Brigs only for round 1 with orders that no CBs get returned for a massive WB cage match. Yoke brought in a sloop for fun (thanks Yoke!).

For round 2, we downshifted to Baghlahs. Kickhead and Slimbottom got in on the fun, too (thanks guys!). I know some of our navvers were giving out nav orders to the top duty stations or whatever other way they picked.

For round 3, I took in the Flag Sit Mobile. After lulling Kickhead and Slimbottom into a false sense of security with my "creative" strategy of turning the wrong way, ramming rocks or shooting the opposite direction, I was able to use the tricky GF over sloop advantage. I didn't even shoot Pleb :p

Special thanks for RR for allowing us to have this much fun "sinking" so many ships in a non-sinking blockade.

As usual, trying to mention everyone by name is going to result in me forgetting someone so I'll just thank a whole bunch of people that really got into the spirit of having some fun and made it work. We got some hard working flaggies some nav time they might not have gotten otherwise and got to play with some people that normally line up on the other side. It was everything we could possibly ask in a flag sit.

Our swords winners are as follows:
Round 1 (red/white swords): Callisia, Cyaspy and Bedlam
Round 2 (Black/yellow swords): Sandbar, Barney, Skushi
Round 3 (Purple/green swords: Sunnyflower, Limpeis, and Tormented.

Contact me in game or PM to arrange pickup. The swords will be placed in the rack at Blade to Rest on Aimuari in the meantime.
Hankscorpio
[Aug 23, 2009 3:26:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Texasborn

For round 3, I took in the Flag Sit Mobile. After lulling Kickhead and Slimbottom into a false sense of security with my "creative" strategy of turning the wrong way, ramming rocks or shooting the opposite direction, I was able to use the tricky GF over sloop advantage. I didn't even shoot Pleb :p

lol
I was on that sloop. :)

Thank you for making it fun and entertaining!
Texasborn
Captain of Titan's Rebirth
Monarch of Golden Destiny
Tex's music box
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Texasborn at Aug 23, 2009 4:42:36 PM]
[Aug 23, 2009 4:38:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Ya, ya ya what ever dude. Ask Texasborn or Xanover, even Muurphie I was just racing towards the CC ships. And hey! I even put in the last few shots into one and sunk it :D
Kickhead on Hunter

[Aug 23, 2009 5:34:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dalnoth

So the orders for this cade will "Be like Dalnoth"...and shoot everybody.

I'd be careful when shooting Dal, he's been known to steal the rum of those who shoot him.

This is lies and slander D:
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[Aug 23, 2009 7:02:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
rebeltoo

Special thanks for RR for allowing us to have this much fun "sinking" so many ships in a non-sinking blockade.

You're welcome.

We sent in War Brigs only for round 1 with orders that no CBs get returned for a massive WB cage match. Yoke brought in a sloop for fun (thanks Yoke!).

Too bad I didn't have a chance to give Yoke something bigger to take onto the blockade board. Although he can be quite a big pest in a sloop. (<3 Yoke)

Looks like it was a fun time for all. I'm glad. Again, congratz CC on your new island. Enjoy!
Belle
Captain of Serendipity
Queen of the flag Rebel Rousers
(retired with Hunter)

When you can't change the direction of the wind, adjust your sails.
[Aug 24, 2009 2:56:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates