• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 37
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5971 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
Artemis
OceanMaster

The Twelve Days of Christmas! Dec 8-19 Reply to this Post

As posted in both the calendar and in this thread, details on today's familiar tournament:

Drinking tournament today will be at 4pm PST and will be a single game per round. Default settings.

In the spirit of saving some time, here's the last verse for you, which also coincides with the order in which they'll be happening!

On the twelth day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me....

Twelve Whisking Potions...
Eleven Christmas Foils...
Ten Red Stilettos...
Nine Dressy Hats...
Eight Rapiers...
Seven Black Bandanas...
Six Long Swords...
Five Scimitars...
Four Christmas Suits...
Three Cookie Cutters...
Two Black Boots...
and a Parrot in green and red!

Details:
Each day, starting on the 8th and ending on the 19th, there will be a series of tournaments with prizes to match the song, along with an unspecified amount of poe! Some will be spread out during the day and some will be held simultaneously! Exact scheduling details will be listed on the Event calendar when they are decided upon!

Tournaments will be an equal number of Swordfighting and Drinking when possible and more drinking than swordfighting when we have an odd number of tournaments. So the final parrot prize will be a drinking one!

Note: [size=10]Exact times are still being decided upon and scheduled. They will be posted directly to the Event Calendar when they are finalized! Tournaments will vary in layout, so some will be spread out through the day and some will occur all at the same time!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Artemis at Dec 1, 2004 5:28:40 AM]
[Dec 1, 2004 5:28:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markoman

Re: The Twelve Days of Christmas! Dec 8-19 Reply to this Post

Tell me cookie cutters are ships. Otherwise, I'm confused.
Markozeta
[Dec 1, 2004 9:35:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.Mersenne.org    Markozetaman [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Markoman wrote: 
Tell me cookie cutters are ships. Otherwise, I'm confused.

Yes :)
[Dec 1, 2004 10:17:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Haats?

*edit* Oh, maybe it's a typo. Man i'm slow today. Has anyone seen my brain? I seem to have misplaced it.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Dec 1, 2004 6:30:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

fanta wrote: 
Haats?

*edit* Oh, maybe it's a typo. Man i'm slow today. Has anyone seen my brain? I seem to have misplaced it.

Oops, your brain must be where mine is... *mutters and wanders off*
[Dec 1, 2004 8:20:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tsukino_Rei

LOL! Every pirates a critic.
[Dec 1, 2004 8:39:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crystal

Ratso. And there was me thinking that you were going to model them on the Looterati Haaats and make them nasty colours! :)
Crystalclaws of British Sea Power, Midnight Ocean
[Dec 1, 2004 9:01:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Although I'm thrilled that there is another Drinking Familiar tourney, I wish I could choose what color it was atleast. I don't get how in most Familiar SFing Ttournies people can choose their familiar's color. Yet in Drinking Familiar Tournies, it's chosen for them.

Sigh, I never liked green =/
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Dec 2, 2004 5:24:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chialdo_prey

But it's a Christmas parrot! I mean, come on!
Emiry of the Midnight Ocean
[Dec 2, 2004 8:10:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    yugen+no+hito [Link]  Go to top 
Moxy

To clarify, the christmas parrot will be the final day's prize, not the first? So it's the 12 days in reverse? And there'll be 12 tournaments, 6 drinks, 6 swords, on the 8th, with a whisking potion and some poe as the prize for each. I have that all right?
Scrumpet-Senior Officer of Falcon's Fury
Good Wench of the North
Wicked Wench of the West
[size=8]Let us all eat cake!
[Dec 2, 2004 9:38:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Moxy wrote: 
To clarify, the christmas parrot will be the final day's prize, not the first? So it's the 12 days in reverse? And there'll be 12 tournaments, 6 drinks, 6 swords, on the 8th, with a whisking potion and some poe as the prize for each. I have that all right?

Aye, that is correct. It'll all be detailed out when I post the schedule too!
[Dec 2, 2004 11:16:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrletmorgan

Wow! Reply to this Post

Now drinking I can do, sword fighting, umm, errr, well I'd rather not say. AS for familiars, I would be happy winning ANY color ANY familiar as long as its mine forever..hehehe...but I really really want a monkey!
I am.....just me.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Sigh, I just wish that maybe one day Drinking Familiar Champions could decide what color his or her familiar is.

If one cannot have that, can one atleast choose from an assortment of Christmasy Colors? Maroon, Lime, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow??? =/
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Dec 3, 2004 5:42:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moxy

Oh, I'd love a green and red parrot. But if given the choices of white, red and green, might pick green and white instead.
Good Wench of the North
Wicked Wench of the West
[Dec 3, 2004 6:37:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

I think we'll give out a nice green octo next... maybe followed by a lime octo and a green/green or green/lime parrot? So many shades of green, so little time... *sigh*
[Dec 3, 2004 12:13:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kravion

lime??? what be wrong with lime???
[Dec 5, 2004 12:01:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yousuckrhino

Artemis wrote: 
In the spirit of saving some time, here's the last verse for you, which also coincides with the order in which they'll be happening!

On the twelth day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me....

Twelve Whisking Potions...
Eleven Christmas Foils...
Ten Red Stilettos...
Nine Dressy Hats...
Eight Rapiers...
Seven Black Bandanas...
Six Long Swords...
Five Scimitars...
Four Christmas Suits...
Three Cookie Cutters...
Two Black Boots...
and a Parrot in green and red!

Details:
Each day, starting on the 8th and ending on the 19th, there will be a series of tournaments with prizes to match the song, along with an unspecified amount of poe! Some will be spread out during the day and some will be held simultaneously! Exact scheduling details will be listed on the Event calendar when they are decided upon!

Tournaments will be an equal number of Swordfighting and Drinking when possible and more drinking than swordfighting when we have an odd number of tournaments. So the final parrot prize will be a drinking one!

Note: [size=10]Exact times are still being decided upon and scheduled. They will be posted directly to the Event Calendar when they are finalized! Tournaments will vary in layout, so some will be spread out through the day and some will occur all at the same time!

*blink blink blink blink*

I love you guys.

-Fezzig
Fezzig

Senior Officer of Cupcake Inquisition.
[Dec 5, 2004 1:43:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilstuffin

This sounds like lots of fun. :)
Myrrima
[Dec 6, 2004 3:43:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lilheifer30    lilstuffin1 [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Back on topic, is the schedule ready yet?
[Dec 6, 2004 5:36:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Whitefire wrote: 
Back on topic, is the schedule ready yet?

First thing tomorrow morning. The first few will not have set times due to the number of tournaments we'll be having over the course of the day.
[Dec 6, 2004 9:42:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moxy

This will be one of those you can win more than once things, right? I would hate to be out of the running for some of the big prizes because I'd won a whisking potion one. Will there be restrictions on winning first place more than once a day though? I could live with that.
Good Wench of the North
Wicked Wench of the West
[Dec 7, 2004 2:23:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Stilettos are up today!
[Dec 10, 2004 1:56:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

So it's rapiers today?
[Dec 12, 2004 2:21:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Go bandanas!
[Dec 13, 2004 3:15:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
neovanglist

Where are these tourneys being held?
I'm not female! My profile says I am for some reason, but I'm not, and I can't figure out how to change it. So let it be said that I'm male.

Today I am a Bulgarian Minister of Education, tomorrow I will be a small plate of assorted sashimi.
[Dec 14, 2004 5:52:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

neovanglist wrote: 
Where are these tourneys being held?

We're trying to spread them out... I've done them in 5 different archipelagos.
[Dec 14, 2004 6:23:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
neovanglist

Ah... thanks. Any way to find out where ahead of time? And any plans for where the parrot one will be held :P?
I'm not female! My profile says I am for some reason, but I'm not, and I can't figure out how to change it. So let it be said that I'm male.

Today I am a Bulgarian Minister of Education, tomorrow I will be a small plate of assorted sashimi.
[Dec 14, 2004 8:42:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nomiS

Forgive me if I'm blind, but do you have more details on the drinking event? i.e. whether it's best 2 of 3? I'd just like to know, for times sake :p
Senior Officer - Victorious Secret (Obsidian)
Senior Officer - Black Death (Midnight) Retired
[Dec 18, 2004 11:51:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Drinking tournament today will be at 4pm PST and will be a single game per round. Default settings.
[Dec 18, 2004 10:45:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Just wanna give a big thanks to all the OMs who came on at odd hours to run these events. Y'all rock.
[Dec 19, 2004 12:30:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates