• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5059 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Monkeyduzi

Screen Size TOO BIG! Reply to this Post

i was messing with my screen size to try and get it as big as possible without quite being fullscreen. and i got a puzzle pirates window that is bigger then my desktop. i would love to set it back, but the options button is below my task bar.. and in ubuntu i can't drag the window off screen above so that i can cut off the top of the window and not the bottom.

baisicly, even after reinstalling Y!PP, i am stuck with a scree where i can't see the chat window and i can't click the options button..

help ... fast?... please....
[Jul 31, 2009 8:03:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maialiana

Re: Screen Size TOO BIG! Reply to this Post

Admittedly I am not too familiar with ubuntu, but can you make your desktop size larger?
----------------------------------------

XXX greeter chats, "wat is this chat for than anyway"
YYYY greeter chats, "idk its just that theres 1 rule and that we arnt alowd to chat in

[Jul 31, 2009 8:21:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hai=/=Hi, Hai=Yes [Link]  Go to top 
FyreFaerie

I tried playing around with a small-screen linux netbook lately. Try holding down alt then click-and-drag that window. I'm not sure if it will work on all linux builds, but worth a try.
fyre / fyrefaerie / laura
Senior Officer of Pirates of the Damned
@chicgeek on twitter
[Jul 31, 2009 9:40:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.laurakishimoto.ca    girlthatisgeek    girlthatisgeek    24427833 [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Edit the file $HOME/.java/.userPrefs/rsrc/config/yohoho/client/prefs.xml
Change the values "display_height" and "display_width" to whatever you wish.
Make sure the client is closed while you do this. After editing, open a client and you will see the new screen size.

Also: that is very odd you can't drag windows off-screen. I have no problem doing this in GNOME. I don't know what desktop environment netbooks use - isn't it GNOME? It's not KDE?
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Jul 31, 2009 10:09:50 AM]
[Jul 31, 2009 10:08:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Monkeyduzi

thanks, i managed to move my task bars to the left and right so i had juuussst enough height to click the options button, and then restored size to smallllll.

although ive noticed, i have more screen size options in windows then ubuntu, only 4 screen sizes for puzzle pirates in ubuntu... and i thought windows had more..

but memory could by fooling me.

please continue to post possible sollutions, others may find it helpful in the future.
[Jul 31, 2009 10:14:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

When you edit the prefs.xml file, you can enter any value you like in display_height and display_width. Therefore your choices of screen size are infinite.

I like to subtract about 100-200 pixels from my actual screen height and enter it in for display_height. That allows for a title bar on top.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Jul 31, 2009 10:30:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Jeagles7

If anyone is experiencing the same issue in 2020, with screen size not allowing them to log in, and are using a new Mac: Plug in to an HDMI cable to a TV, and then it should then give you the option to rotate your display.

Doing this I was able to return my screen size to normal without fiddling through the files,

That being said, I was unable to find the .plist file everyone was writing of.

Hope this helps
[Jul 15, 2020 7:08:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates