• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 261
Posts: 261   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28519 times and has 260 replies Next Thread
nargon_forum

Access Denied's Intent to Blockade Alkaid Island

Date: Sunday 19th July
Time: 1am game time. Jobbing starts at midnight.
Jobbing contacts: Helpad and Aidad
Pay: starts at 1k per seg
Sinking?: Not up to us!

We will be running the usual trivia fun throughout the blockade with various prizes! And we will be handing out HAWT pink bandanas to go with our equally hawt jobbers.

Come out and enjoy some boomy fun with Access Denied!
----------------------------------------
Nargon on Hunter
Captain of -Frozen-

Awesome Card by Schwa
[Edit 3 times, last edit by nargon_forum at Jul 18, 2009 2:14:47 PM]
[Jul 18, 2009 1:03:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Re: Access Denied's Intend to Blockade Alkaid Island

Hot pink. Oh yes.
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Jul 18, 2009 1:05:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
arrmegaddon

AD FTW!
Nar I do get to be governer after we win right :P
[Jul 18, 2009 1:05:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobsalive

/me mumbles something about possibly coming back after 6 months just to do trivia for this event... *winks
Bobsalive of Hunter
SO of -Frozen-
Lord of Access Denied

Snrm officer chats, "Full speed with frig in less than a lp"
Snrm officer chats, "Thats sexy"
Bobsalive officer chats, "You get turned on by all the wrong things
[Jul 18, 2009 1:28:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ils_x3

Alkaid Island
Should be governed by Nargon
of Access Denied !

(I'm in haiku mood today =P)

Good luck in cade !
Xanover
Captain Of ''Trust''
King of "Veritas Vincit"
Former Prince of "Saltatio Mortis"
Former Prince of ''Beyond the veil''
Former Governor of Iocane Island, Paihia Island and Ilha da Aguia.
[Jul 18, 2009 2:23:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dead_Rise

Mortality on Viridian/Hunter

[Jul 18, 2009 3:15:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yaypuzzlez

Who made the banner? That's awesome ! o.o
I am Capberry | Rumbleboy.

Retired.
[Jul 18, 2009 4:04:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Who made the banner? That's awesome ! o.o

I'm sure it was xjellybeanx XD
on Emerald

===
[Jul 18, 2009 4:26:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jelly00Bean

Yeeess.. that was xjellybeanx :P
(Main) Jellyx - Emerald
(Sometimes) Jellyfridge - Meridian
Previously xjellybeanx - Emerald

Kearny says, "hark aint a word dummy"
Apollo says, "It so is. Noah had one."

[Jul 18, 2009 5:49:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Yeeess.. that was xjellybeanx :P

She's so awesome. I just hope I can tell her somehow :/
on Emerald

===
[Jul 18, 2009 6:50:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Re: Access Denied's Intent to Blockade Alkaid Island

Good Luck Access Denied.
Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Jul 18, 2009 7:47:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shortnmouthy

Good luck Narg! While not physically, I'll be there in spirit and P&P will be there!
Shortntarty on Obsidian
Makes a mean chili and brownies.

Jackpot tells ye, "mala is gayer than elton john's boa collection.
[Jul 18, 2009 6:26:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Y'all jack pay to the roof and then only contest one round? Really? In the middle of the night?
Hankscorpio
[Jul 19, 2009 2:14:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pantufa15

Y'all jack pay to the roof and then only contest one round? Really? In the middle of the night?

I acually spent more money buying a decent alarm clock. Can I ask the Oms to refund it? Well, was a nice single round tho.
Pantufa, Pirates Nations
[Jul 19, 2009 2:16:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nargon_forum

Thanks everyone for showing up. The jobbers, the cade staff, everyone. I hope this was both fun and profitable for many of you.

Well done CC STD on the defense.

I raised pay to even up the jobbing. I only started raising pay from 1k when I saw that CC had twice as many jobbers as AD. I wanted an even jobbing blockade as this is more fun for both sides and where skill will prevail. Clearly, since STD/CC matched pay and refuse to let us catch up in jobbing, they have no intention for having a competitive blockade. And people wonder why Hunter has no blockades. Maybe since everyone decided to join the CC wagon and there's nobody else to blockade...?

Oh, I would have thought that an alternative blockade time would be welcome as asian/aussies get to participate at a more convienient time for them.
Nargon on Hunter
Captain of -Frozen-

Awesome Card by Schwa
[Jul 19, 2009 2:28:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frostyangelz

And people wonder why Hunter has no blockades. Maybe since everyone decided to join the CC wagon and there's nobody else to blockade...?

SMA!
Frostyangelz - Everywhere
Frostease - In other places
[Jul 19, 2009 2:31:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

And people wonder why Hunter has no blockades.

I don't think they do. It's the 4k/seg thing.
Hankscorpio
[Jul 19, 2009 2:31:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pantufa15

Thanks everyone for showing up. The jobbers, the cade staff, everyone. I hope this was both fun and profitable for many of you.

Well done CC STD on the defense.

I raised pay to even up the jobbing. I only started raising pay from 1k when I saw that CC had twice as many jobbers as AD. I wanted an even jobbing blockade as this is more fun for both sides and where skill will prevail. Clearly, since STD/CC matched pay and refuse to let us catch up in jobbing, they have no intention for having a competitive blockade. And people wonder why Hunter has no blockades. Maybe since everyone decided to join the CC wagon and there's nobody else to blockade...?

Oh, I would have thought that an alternative blockade time would be welcome as asian/aussies get to participate at a more convienient time for them.

In another hand, your flag with a matched pay in the last quarter of the pre blockade time had almost equal numbers of jobbers as cc/std. Perhaps may be wé were outjobbing you in 10? WTF 10, thats hell a lot, we could overload a cutter and would be a hard mistake.

If you knew that we would keep matching, and if your intentions were a fair blockade, why keep raising after noticing that a "Match" would be predictable?
Pantufa, Pirates Nations
[Jul 19, 2009 2:33:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BBK4Life

Really, and contesting when your outjobbed by 150 makes sense too :P?

Nice work on the politics, looks like i should have gotten more involved beforehand.

Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day.

And this certainly is only the start of this battle.

<3
Darksoul
Monarch of the flag Dead In The Water
[Jul 19, 2009 2:33:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pantufa15

By the way, I got an awesome question to do.
What`s going to be the pay at Saiph? If it`s going to raise that much, better be a jobber :D

A good way to avoid a pay war is starting at 9999 segment. It hasn`t been used by anyone yet, but looks like effective.
Pantufa, Pirates Nations
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pantufa15 at Jul 19, 2009 2:37:16 AM]
[Jul 19, 2009 2:34:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BBK4Life

And people wonder why Hunter has no blockades.

I don't think they do. It's the 4k/seg thing.

Paying high is hardly shamefull when your outjobbed at all times.

Its not the ideal tactic. But understandable when your outjobbed that heavily and your opponent isent allowing you to evenjob.

So blaming it on the pay is one thing, but face the man in the mirror too...
Darksoul
[Jul 19, 2009 2:38:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jonox20

asking oms to refund you for a alarm clock you buy things in RL with poe?
EAC member for life
[Jul 19, 2009 2:41:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Oh cut it out. Do you think we owe it to someone to dumb down our effort? That's utter nonsense, Dark and you know it.
Hankscorpio
[Jul 19, 2009 2:42:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vnork

Raising pay with 40 minutes left until the start of the round is a bit extreme. There's plenty of time to make things even, and first see how things shape up before adjusting pay.

AD actually had more jobbers than STD about 10 minutes before the round, and it was within 10% at the start of the round. With the ocean-side choice advantage as an attacker, it was definitely fairly even on the board. If STD didn't want you to catch up, they wouldn't have kept it at 1700/seg to your 1800/seg, or 3900/seg to your 4000/seg.

The side that sinks first always loses jobbers, which is part of what caused the large difference at the end of round 1.

-Vnork
[Edit 1 times, last edit by vnork at Jul 19, 2009 2:45:52 AM]
[Jul 19, 2009 2:45:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BBK4Life

Oh cut it out. Do you think we owe it to someone to dumb down our effort? That's utter nonsense, Dark and you know it.

I never said that hankypanky, but you posted about them pulling out so i never said you should have let them evenjob......

I just said you can't complain about them pulling out either.

Pull out , regroup, drop again next week.

Blockade tactics volume 0.01 ( 2004 ) ©indunremembah
Darksoul
[Jul 19, 2009 2:45:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dalnoth

Excuse me but i'll point something out and have the Jobber program log dumps to prove it, I can host them after this ends.

When AD started to raise pay past 1500/seg, they were only outjobbed by 20 people. It wasn't until pay got up to 3000/seg+ that the jobber deficit reached such drastic heights.

So pretty much, you set off a hand grenade that went off in your face.

20 jobbers is absolutely nothing as an attacker. Maybe learn a lesson from this week. Take your oceanside attacker advantage, and let them have their minuscule jobber advantage.
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[Jul 19, 2009 2:50:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
Ils_x3

*Yawn*

Wouldn't it be easier if EAC and STD merge with CC ?
They have islands but can't defend it... 1 nice big flag would be better for those guys.
Xanover
Captain Of ''Trust''
King of "Veritas Vincit"
Former Prince of "Saltatio Mortis"
Former Prince of ''Beyond the veil''
Former Governor of Iocane Island, Paihia Island and Ilha da Aguia.
[Jul 19, 2009 2:51:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nargon_forum

In another hand, your flag with a matched pay in the last quarter of the pre blockade time had almost equal numbers of jobbers as cc/std. Perhaps may be wé were outjobbing you in 10? WTF 10, thats hell a lot, we could overload a cutter and would be a hard mistake.

Then clearly you haven't been watching the board. I kept it at 1k when AD had 80 and CC had 140. Then I decided. That wasn't going to be to fun to be outjobbed that much. So I raised to 1.1k to try to even it up a bit. STD/CC kept matching up until 1.8k where they stopped at 1.7k. I was a bit hopeful since there was a bit of a pause so I thought "Hey, maybe they do want a fair blockade." But no, sadly I was wrong. So I thought. Maybe I can raise it a bit more to even up the jobbing at 4k when STD stopped at 3.9k. Eventually they matched when we had maybe 2 more jobbers than them?

So yeah, once you are outjobbed by 100 and the other side ain't interested in a fair cade, the sensible thing is to pull out.

Edit:

Excuse me but i'll point something out and have the Jobber program log dumps to prove it, I can host them after this ends.

Yes I would like to see this since everytime I check the numbers, you had an advantage of over 50.
Nargon on Hunter
Captain of -Frozen-

Awesome Card by Schwa
[Edit 1 times, last edit by nargon_forum at Jul 19, 2009 3:02:44 AM]
[Jul 19, 2009 2:53:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jonox20

we prob would merge but then we would be a sma you could actually see
EAC member for life
[Jul 19, 2009 2:54:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dalnoth

*Yawn*

Wouldn't it be easier if EAC and STD merge with CC ?
They have islands but can't defend it... 1 nice big flag would be better for those guys.

Are you kidding me? You wanna take a look at who said they were running out of one flag to begin with? It was in Rebel Rouser's intent. If we didnt match that our jobbers would have been spread out.

You could apply the same exact logic to AD, Seriously you're tarting about something that YOUR Side did first. I had to scramble at the last minute to consolidate everyone so we weren't out organized. All the AD Blockade staff is the same as the RR blockade staff... So What are we tarting about? Maybe when RR/AD Aren't doing the same exact thing STD/CC are doing people might take your accusations with an ounce of sincerity other than just plain bitterness.

The amount of hypocrisy that came out in just 2 lines of text even for you is mind boggling.
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[Jul 19, 2009 2:57:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 261   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates