• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2528 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
megara133

Two really trivial ideas:screengrabbing and saving chat logs Reply to this Post

Ahoy all! These ideas just came to me yesterday after frantically attempting to save part of a chat log and take a screenshot of the game before everyone walked away. I've searched the forums and haven't found anything so I assume this hasn't been suggested before.

What I want is a command that will automatically dump the contents of the chat log to an HTML (or text, whatever) file in the YPP directory. Something like /savechat or whatever. Similarily, a command like /screenshot that would save a JPG (PNG?) of the current screen. Both of these would be very useful, at least to me.

And yes, I know it's simple enough to open the chat history and copy-paste, and it's simple enough to hit the printscreen button and go into Photoshop, but these can't be *too* hard to implement and it would be so much nicer and faster to be able to type one command and not worry about losing any of the conversation to a disconnect (this has happened to me a few times, even on my DSL, and MANY times to my friend on dialup).

Incidentally, both these features are available in Ragnarok (I admit it, I used to play RO--I'm so ashamed!) and that's where I got the idea. ;)
----------------------------------------
Anamaria of the Wolfpack, one-time eoskc holder (but just you watch out, I'll get them back!)
[Aug 8, 2003 1:24:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Aye Reply to this Post

I would like both these features, too, particularly the chat log. The screenshot may have some issues, but I doubt it. You can consider them lurking somewhere on the List. The List is Mighty.
[Aug 9, 2003 3:03:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest
Re: Two really trivial ideas:screengrabbing and saving chat logs Reply to this Post

Cleaver Mate,

I have heard ya say "On the list", for about 100 different things. In this Pirates humble opinion, ye devs have a lot of work ta do.

I'd just like to take a sec and say "Thanks" and keep up the great work. This is going to be a great game, and is a great game too.

Thank You.
[Aug 9, 2003 4:25:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Re: Two really trivial ideas:screengrabbing and saving chat logs Reply to this Post

Thank's very much, mate. The numbers in the who list show us some positive things, but it's nice to hear it from a person sometimes too.

-Nemo
[Aug 10, 2003 4:15:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Arr, Zarhirra and I have blown up print-outs of all ye devs pinned up to our walls in our study. We light incense before ye and pay tribute before e'ery major encounter. Ye devs are great!

From me experience with online games, ye mateys score incredibles on ye player-base-interaction puzzles.
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Aug 10, 2003 4:24:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

The following is mostly a joke. One thing is true. Guess! Reply to this Post

Penn, yer beginning to make me look bad! All I have is a little shrine behind my monitor composed primarily of Barq's root beer and Sprite remix cans...Though each time I start up Puzzle pirates I sacrifice a ramune candy to the various gods of networking, gaming, and computer stability that at the end of my four-minute wait the game will play as intended!
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Aug 10, 2003 5:30:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crowsdiamond

four minute wait??? *comforts Fronsac* Mate, cable SCREAMS!
~Faile
Once Captain of the Mighty PPA
Once Captain of the Falcon's Fury
Now Unretired and ready to KILL!!

Just point me to what you want dead, an' I'll kill it. Or die trying!
[Aug 10, 2003 8:56:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Crowsdiamond [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

I, sir, know cable, and that wait is not cable! It takes four minutes for JAVA to load the programs necessary to allow the cable to do its thing. This computer is not exactly a model of efficiency.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Aug 10, 2003 9:37:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
garf

i dreamt of the game more than once. need i say more?

ole frog, i would have bet a lot of poe on the sprite remix can shrine.
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Aug 10, 2003 11:44:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates