• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 85
Posts: 85   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17213 times and has 84 replies Next Thread
Squashbuckle

Re: You Have Face on Your Egg - Win Eggs and More! [Deadline April 12] Reply to this Post

How to enter:
  • Decorate real eggs pirate-style (Contrary to the title of this event, your eggs need not have faces on them, although they can if you want.)
Would decorating a real egg in the fashion of eggs that were designed for the easter egg event count as pirate-style?

Sure. If your design is clearly referencing something from the YPP universe, it counts as piratey.
----------------------------------------
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Mar 22, 2009 5:00:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lebossle

Re: You Have Face on Your Egg - Win Eggs and More! [Deadline April 12] Reply to this Post

Yes!

I have a parrot egg that i made with my friends years ago!

I was going crazy because i couldn´t make it virtually and then posting it to the egg event...
[Mar 25, 2009 4:04:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Yes!

I have a parrot egg that i made with my friends years ago!

I was going crazy because i couldn´t make it virtually and then posting it to the egg event...

Just want to remind you that you will have to make a new parrot egg this year for this contest. Progress pictures are required to ensure that entries are new creations, not things that have been saved for years.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Mar 25, 2009 8:44:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goldenfool

/me claims a spot in this contest!

This is going to be fun. :D Awesome idea.
[Mar 29, 2009 7:00:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
firechic0

Hmm, I just found this event and it looks very appealing... I am going to have to break out my skillz and see if I can make something suitable for this event! I have quite a few ideas and I hope I can implement them all!

Yay for randomly following links...
Crazy MaryJo- Viridian~proud Mama of a little pirate!biggrinBorn:11/21/08
Shorty Jack wrote: 
Just because you started the thread doesn't mean everyone is talking to you. tongue

[Apr 1, 2009 3:57:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Wow. I'm shocked when I saw this I actually said wow out loud. Great minds think alike, I just don't have the same time. :P

I know my post doesn't really make sense, but some people will know what I'm talking about.
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Apr 2, 2009 6:29:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Wow. I'm shocked when I saw this I actually said wow out loud. Great minds think alike, I just don't have the same time. :P

I know my post doesn't really make sense, but some people will know what I'm talking about.

I'm guessing you were also thinking of running an egg-decorating contest, but didn't have time to do so? If it makes you feel better, I wouldn't have had time either except that I wrote up this event over 6 months ago, long before I started my current job, complete with 2 hours of daily commuting.

I hope you can find time to enter at least. I always admire Shortyjack artwork.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Apr 2, 2009 8:48:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonicyin

Okay, so we can decorate the egg, and add things to the egg, but not dioramas. got it. if i was to, let's say get a really small egg and put lots of detail in, would it get a lot of points? oh, and if the egg is only painted and/or placed in egg-clothes, would the in-progress picture be a half-painted etc. version?
Aaghimonfire of Viridian, and sometimes Dragice aswell. I started that trend, but it does seem to have backfired on me, as i can't seem to use it anymore...
[Apr 2, 2009 8:50:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Okay, so we can decorate the egg, and add things to the egg, but not dioramas. got it. if i was to, let's say get a really small egg and put lots of detail in, would it get a lot of points?

This contest was designed with chicken eggs in mind. While I won't deduct points for using smaller eggs, you won't gain anything that way, either. You may, however, lose points for using ostrich eggs or other large ova.

oh, and if the egg is only painted and/or placed in egg-clothes, would the in-progress picture be a half-painted etc. version?

Yes. I need to see a photo from before the egg is finished. That means partly-painted, half-dressed, half-sequin-covered, etc.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Apr 2, 2009 10:54:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Exhile

Well from looking at the entry thread i saw 3 great entries, but there were only 3. and there are 11 prizes so, if there is only say, entries will everyone get two prizes?
-Ex
Exhile From Hunter

Senior Officer in Igneous pneuma!!
[Apr 4, 2009 7:21:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Well from looking at the entry thread i saw 3 great entries, but there were only 3. and there are 11 prizes so, if there is only say, entries will everyone get two prizes?
-Ex

No, only one prize per person.

Easter is still a week away, and most people decorate eggs with their families just before the holiday, so I expect to get plenty of late entries. Similarly, the pumpkin carving contest got most of its entries at the deadline as people waited until Halloween (or the day before it) to carve.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Apr 4, 2009 8:35:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

I'm guessing you were also thinking of running an egg-decorating contest, but didn't have time to do so? If it makes you feel better, I wouldn't have had time either except that I wrote up this event over 6 months ago, long before I started my current job, complete with 2 hours of daily commuting.

I hope you can find time to enter at least. I always admire Shortyjack artwork.

Great guess! I threw the idea around last year, but since I got a new job, I haven't had time to do much. I would love to enter, but that still depends on time (or Gothmog getting on my case).
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Apr 4, 2009 6:43:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Ygvb

Are electronics allowed on your eggs such as L.E.D's to make things light up or glow a little or are those things not allowed?
Beaware my entire fleet can turn on a dime ..... primarily because it's about the size of a dime.
[Apr 5, 2009 3:34:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Are electronics allowed on your eggs such as L.E.D's to make things light up or glow a little or are those things not allowed?

If you can attach them to the egg, sure, you can use LEDs.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Apr 5, 2009 4:26:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mobettagc

Decorate real eggs pirate-style

Do they have to be "Pirate Style" or can they be regular easter eggs? Because i have some creative ideas, but none that match the Piratey theme. :|
Mobettagc of Sage Emerald
[Apr 5, 2009 4:46:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Do they have to be "Pirate Style" or can they be regular easter eggs? Because i have some creative ideas, but none that match the Piratey theme. :|

They have to, in some way, relate to YPP or pirates in general.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Apr 5, 2009 5:19:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Harlech

Man, I like the way you think. Plus, your 3D egg castle was awesome.
SIXTH Puzzle, Win an Avatar.
[Apr 5, 2009 5:31:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Southern2

I wondered if there was a timeframe for judging? I noticed the event coordinator is running another event from last November that hasn't been judged because of real life time issues (completely understandable). But will this also take 4 months?
[Apr 8, 2009 2:20:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I wondered if there was a timeframe for judging? I noticed the event coordinator is running another event from last November that hasn't been judged because of real life time issues (completely understandable). But will this also take 4 months?

I'm sorry I haven't yet found time to complete the 100 or so hours of mind-numbing reading and rereading for the Cursed event. I'm sorry I put things like my job (which takes 10 hours a day, including commute) and sleep ahead of a forum event that I initially ran when I had fewer demands on my time.

Don't worry, art is much quicker to judge than text. This one won't take long to judge. And I'll never be running another story writing event, so you don't have to worry about that judging timeframe repeating itself, either.

Polly,
probably done with events for a good long while after all the "thanks" she's gotten
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Squashbuckle at Apr 8, 2009 4:00:17 PM]
[Apr 8, 2009 2:49:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

They have to, in some way, relate to YPP or pirates in general.

Just to clarify. If I paint a RL egg like my in-game egg. Its valid?
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Apr 8, 2009 6:19:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

How to enter:
  • Decorate real eggs pirate-style (Contrary to the title of this event, your eggs need not have faces on them, although they can if you want.)
Would decorating a real egg in the fashion of eggs that were designed for the easter egg event count as pirate-style?

Sure. If your design is clearly referencing something from the YPP universe, it counts as piratey.

[Apr 8, 2009 6:25:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Offkiltered

Your efforts are appreciated by all of us Mi Lady!

Thank-you!
Off
Like a finger pointing to the moon! If you look at the finger, you miss all that heavenly glory!
[Apr 8, 2009 9:08:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
captaintug

Yes thank ye a lot I just love doing contests.
( Even though I haven't ever won one or been an honorable mention) :D
Crimefighter on the Virdian ocean.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by captaintug at Apr 9, 2009 7:42:15 AM]
[Apr 9, 2009 7:41:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Oy. Thank you all, but I really didn't mean to fish for complements - I do know that some people are genuinely thankful. Please keep this thread for questions about this event.

I know that post of mine didn't belong here (Nut gave me quite the talking to when I got home from work). I just get frustrated by the complaints sometimes and this time I stupidly posted in anger. It won't happen again.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Apr 9, 2009 7:48:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peanutswench

I know that post of mine didn't belong here (Nut gave me quite the talking to when I got home from work). I just get frustrated by the complaints sometimes and this time I stupidly posted in anger. It won't happen again.

So giving you an ice cream sandwich qualifies as a talking to? Neat. I'll have to add "talking to" to the shopping list. :-p
Peanutswench
------
[Apr 9, 2009 10:22:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Exhile

Ok, I was pealing a hard boiled egg for breakfast and the pieces came off looking cool, so i was wondering does the egg actually have to be together??

(Sorry if i ask to many questions)
-Ex
Exhile From Hunter

Senior Officer in Igneous pneuma!!
[Apr 9, 2009 6:10:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Precious2g6

I feel stupid asking this but I just made a post with 2 eggs in the daily doodle something, can i use those same eggs here ? considering I jus finished crafting them and they do also deal with ypp
It's A girl..... if not refunding all this stuff will be hard 0.0
[Apr 11, 2009 6:06:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dineshialane [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I feel stupid asking this but I just made a post with 2 eggs in the daily doodle something, can i use those same eggs here ? considering I jus finished crafting them and they do also deal with ypp

No, your eggs have to be created for this contest. No recycling eggs from other events.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Apr 12, 2009 5:30:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

So I take it that me entering my sheep egg into the doodle wont work. No biggie, I'll just make another one since it came out cute. Name one Jaina and the other Rocky. /me giggles
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Apr 12, 2009 8:56:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Framling

(Posting this while the pictures are uploading to Flickr)

I'm absurdly pleased with mine. It's like very low-rent Fabergé, if Fabergé used stick-on rhinestones, children's water-soluble paint, glitter glue, and metallic embroidery thread. (I'm sure he would have given the chance. It was a real time-saver, and much easier than smithing gold and appraising actual gems.)

Thanks for running this, Polly. It's the first non-doodle visual-art contest I've entered, and I surprised myself with what I can do when I put in the time/planning/effort/patience. Good luck to my fellow contestants - some of you blew me away with your entries.
Framling on Viridian

Lolpirate says, "O.o Your ability to rhyme is unholy."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Framling at Apr 12, 2009 7:17:19 PM]
[Apr 12, 2009 7:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    framlingem [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 85   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates