• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 56
Posts: 56   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 24914 times and has 55 replies Next Thread
Siggy

Y!PP Ship Sort Tool Reply to this Post

Based off of this thread, I'm introducing my Ship Sort tool for formating information from the "Where are my vessels" page.

Current version: 1.3

http://www.mediafire.com/?mivzdnmn2ni

Change log:

Added a numerical category for ship size to allow for sorting by ship size. Size category based off of the list on YPPedia.

Added a command button so that the macro menu doesn't have to be accessed.

Need to do: Add ability to add manual entry of ship owner

Find free hosting that doesn't require registration for people to download it from (>.<)
----------------------------------------
Sig

Owner: Sig Supply Network

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

Imcolorblind auto-responds, "sig hacks sf :) try and see".

[Dec 7, 2008 4:34:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Instructions Reply to this Post

Picture and instruction time:

1. Open up the "Where are my vessels" screen.

2. Click on the screen.

3. Control A.

4. Control C.

5. Go to excel and press Control V or paste in the top left open cell.

6. Press "Sort My Ships!" button
7. View finished product.

You can filter the information using the tabs at the top. For example, if you click on the arrow by "Island" and pick Saltstrum Rock, you get all the ships ported at Saltstrum.

Sig

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

[Dec 7, 2008 4:35:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Entharion

Re: Y!PP Ship Sort Tool Reply to this Post

Awesome tool mate! Saves much time and data entry for me, as I was using a basic spreadsheet and Data > Sort to do this.

Very easy to use also, once I realized that 'Control' meant the Ctrl key. Guess I had a mental block for a minute. :P

I look forward to whatever ye have in mind regarding attachment of the owners' names.

Thank ye very much for creating this!

P.S. I didn't have to register to d/l it, so I'm guessing ye already addressed that issue. Thanks again!
Schweatybol of Sage
Captain of Chrysalis
King of Metamorphosis
Cartographer of Sage -- If you need charting, just ask. I'll do it free if I'm not busy.
[Dec 8, 2008 12:42:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
davsbrander

Great tool thanks :) One thing though, is the ship size borked? I have grandies as number 11, and war frigs as number 12, but if sorting by size then grandies should be 12 and frigs 11...
Davsbrander
[Dec 13, 2008 2:04:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Thanks, I'll upload a fixed version soon.
Sig

[Dec 13, 2008 2:39:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Hi everyone,

I took a break from Y!PP since I last updated this.

With this update:
Added subclass to the formatter
Fixed issue with GF v WF size number.

There's now ship IDs included, so I'm sure that that'll be included sometime on Yoweb. Until then, I have no clue how to add ship owners automatically to this.

Y!PP Ship Sort Tool v 1.4:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ayzmzhmwwwz

One quick note. I don't know all of the subclass terms yet and could only get a handful based on what is in my current crew on Sage. If a subclass isn't formatted, could you please copy/paste what's inside of that cell and I'll add it to the macro.
Sig

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Siggy at Apr 5, 2010 9:57:18 AM]
[Apr 5, 2010 9:52:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Bump now that the corrected file is posted.
Sig

[Apr 5, 2010 9:57:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

Brilliant! I found this spreadsheet thread a long time ago whilst idly browsing, and then a little later tried to refind it so I could try the Spreadsheet, as I REALLY needed it. I searched using every keyword I could think of, and even browsed for hours, trying to find it, to no avail.

Suddenly, here it is! So this time I have grabbed it, and the Spreadsheet is now safely tucked up in my Spready folder.

I know I could have made my own... eventually, but remembering all the formulas for filtering text etc would have been a giant headache, and this one does it so much better... lol

MANY thanks to Siggy for your work on this :)

P.S. That Subclass column... it says "Winter" on those Frost Class sloops in my crew. My own ship locator data sheet (not an automated spreadsheet) lists those as "FC Sloop".

The Limited Edition class names as I know them, are "Frost Class Sloop", "Midas Class Grand Frigate", "Cupid class war brig", "Emerald class sloop", and the new "Imperial class war frigate"

Then the "Rogue Class" sloop, war brig and war frig ships. which are not Limited Edition as such, but require those "Designs" from trading posts or black boxes.

Unfortunately, my crew doesn't seem to have any interest in the other Limited Edition ships, other than the Frost Class, so I have no cells to copy and paste for you.

Hope that helps :)
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by algybot at Apr 6, 2010 4:14:50 AM]
[Apr 6, 2010 4:10:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

The problem I had (which is similar to the ship class issue when I first made it) is that the internal names aren't the same as the proper names.

For example, in the code, a cutter is called a "lgsloop" and a sloop is called a "smsloop" in what is copied and paste. Similarly,
"vesselSubclass=Icy" is supposed to be "Frost" (I originally put it as "Winter," saw that it was supposed to be "Frost" and thought I changed it... guess not). So I'm not sure if, for example, Imperial subclass war frig is "vesselsubclass=imperial", "imp," or something in-between. If I don't have it plugged in (for example, Midas, Rogue, and Imperial subclasses), then you'll get a "vesselsubclass=___" instead of a formatted answer.
Sig

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Siggy at Apr 6, 2010 10:20:52 AM]
[Apr 6, 2010 10:20:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
darhand

Hey thanks for the tool, really nice for admirals.
Personally I would like to see something to get a list of the ships _I_ own, I looked at it myself for a bit, but I couldn't get any information to the clipboard. Any plans or ideas about this? I'd be willing to help out :)
Btza on Cobalt

A cross-platform damage counter and XO-tool can be found at www.unreadable.nl/ypp.php (post)
[Apr 6, 2010 1:22:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zzyzx7

Have just downlaoded the tool and am beginning data entry...

The instructions from a couple years back say to go to the "Where are my vessels" page at the dock and press Control A to select all and Control C to copy it, then paste into the spreadsheet. This doesn't work for me.
Am I doing something wrong or have a couple years of PP updates made that no longer a possible data entry method?
Barabajagal on the Midnight Ocean - Heartsmafia everywhere else
Captain of Island Raiders
[May 11, 2010 2:13:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

The instructions from a couple years back say to go to the "Where are my vessels" page at the dock and press Control A to select all and Control C to copy it, then paste into the spreadsheet. This doesn't work for me.

Try clicking into the window with the text before doing the Ctl-A, Ctl-C.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 11, 2010 3:05:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bethieboo

Simply amazing. Yassenn had told me about this tool a couple months ago and I just ignored him, what a bad idea that was!

Thank you for sharing :)
Sera/phie

Yassenn says, "you'd be surprised, i made this really cool spreadsheet a week or two ago"

Avi by Wayfarer
[May 13, 2010 11:10:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
escooper

What are the Mac commands for this to work?

Samjones
Samjones (All oceans)
Collector of ships with Mummichog fish name and Moody Adjective.

Be a pirate. Play like a pirate today #puzzlepirates
[May 13, 2010 6:08:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

Same as Windows machines, but using the Command key (the one with apple or propellor logo) in place of the Control key.
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[May 13, 2010 7:51:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

Ahoy.
I must be not getting something, but how do I access the "Where are my vessels" page?
~Saphireangel~

SO of Mischievous Drifters,
Lady of Maniacal Menagerie,
Cerulean, once a Cobalt native.
(also lurking on all English oceans)

Angelfish collector
Avatar gorgeousness by the lovely Angelira!
[May 14, 2010 2:01:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

It's a link on the bottom of the dock screen.

Sig

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Siggy at May 14, 2010 2:09:14 AM]
[May 14, 2010 2:08:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

Yep. I got to that screen - but it won't let me Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C.
=/ What am I doing wrong?
~Saphireangel~

Angelfish collector
[May 14, 2010 3:50:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Yep. I got to that screen - but it won't let me Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C.
=/ What am I doing wrong?

When you do the Ctl-A, Ctl-C, nothing will be highlighted, but you should still be able to pasted the ship list into another window.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 14, 2010 5:01:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

I tried pasting. Nothing worked. :(
~Saphireangel~

Angelfish collector
[May 14, 2010 8:26:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

Open the "Where are my Vessels" page, and click on it somewhere.... anywhere as long as it's actually inside where the text is.

Then immediately hit CTRL+A, followed immediately by CTRL+C.

Make sure you hit these keys together, usually best to just hold down the CTRL key whilst you hit the A key, then let go before holding it down again and hitting the C key.

Then go to your spreadsheet and paste in the correct cell.

You can use CTRL+V for this, or a right mouse button click to get the context menu up and paste from that, or even use the paste button on the toolbar.
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by algybot at May 14, 2010 8:46:11 AM]
[May 14, 2010 8:42:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

Ok. I openned the page, and clicked on some text. Hit Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C, then tried to hit Ctrl+V.

Still nothing. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong.
~Saphireangel~

Angelfish collector
[May 15, 2010 5:02:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

Are you using a PC or a Mac?

Macs use a different key for the copy/paste commands (The Command key instead of CTRL)

Also, where are you trying to paste? The Ship Sort Tools spreadsheet, Notepad?
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by algybot at May 15, 2010 9:37:24 AM]
[May 15, 2010 9:34:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

Sorry for the lack of reply yesterday.

I use a (2) PC(s), Windows XP and 7.

I tried to paste it on the Ship Sort Tool spreadsheet.

I think the issue I'm having is the text not copying. When I have the "Where are my vessels" page (i.e. the same page as the screenshot from several posts above me) open, I click on the text heading then do the Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C.... nothing is highlighted. (Usually when you do Ctrl+A in a Word document, it highlights every text / picture on the document. -- Does it also highlight anything on the "Where are my vessels" page?)

(Also, I click on the text heading coz if I click on any other text, it takes me on board a crew ship, which is probably not the thing to do.... or did I get that wrong?)

PS: So sorry, I'm not trying to be a pain with this. Just for some reason, I can't seem to get it to work.
~Saphireangel~

Angelfish collector
[May 17, 2010 9:25:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

(Also, I click on the text heading coz if I click on any other text, it takes me on board a crew ship, which is probably not the thing to do.... or did I get that wrong?)

You're not on the right page then. There's a button on the bottom of the dock screen (the one pictured above) that's titled "Where are my vessels?" which is the screen you need to be on. From there, click anywhere on the screen (you shouldn't be boarding vessels from this screen), ctrl-A, ctrl-c, paste into the spread sheet. Unfortunately, for what ever reason, there is no highlighting when you press ctrl-A (select all).
Sig

[May 17, 2010 9:32:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

I finally found it. And it finally worked. I think I'm going to need a 2nd pair of glasses to go with the one I have. >.<

Thanks everyone for helping!
~Saphireangel~

Angelfish collector
[May 19, 2010 12:29:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Ka-BUMP...

I've just returned from my own hiatus from Puzzle Pirates. I had downloaded this spreadsheet from you, and had been updating it on my own. I was about to post my own revision of this spreadsheet, when I found this thread of yours. (Three cheers for the powers of Google-Fu, especially When Used For Good And Not Evil!) ;-)

My revisions included a separate page listing all of the relevant subtotals (by ship type, and by status (i.e. Unlocked and/or Battle Ready)). I would be happy to share this version with others, but if the original poster would like to call "dibs" (since this is merely a revision and expansion of his own original work), he gets first call. (I'm just trying to be fair, and give credit where credit is due!)

Thank'ee! ;-)
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jun 15, 2010 8:23:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

I would be happy to share this version with others, but if the original poster would like to call "dibs" (since this is merely a revision and expansion of his own original work), he gets first call. (I'm just trying to be fair, and give credit where credit is due!)

Thank'ee! ;-)

Go for it!
Sig

[Jun 15, 2010 9:09:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Go for it!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the Wiki's Rules on Names of Files When Uploaded lists variations of IMAGE files, but nothing whatsoever for NON-image files. :-P

Guess I'll need to "zip" the spreadsheet, and find some 3rd-party location to upload the file. Grrrr... Posted a tangent thread (in the Wiki sub-group) about this; when I get a response, I'll decide how best to proceed. ;-)

Update:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Image:Vessel_Report_15June2010.zip
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2198789
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Franklincain at Jun 28, 2010 10:55:24 AM]
[Jun 15, 2010 9:41:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fungus1999

Hoys, this really seems like a useful tool so I downloaded it and pasted in the list. Once running the macro, it just runs straight into the debugger, giving:

compiler error: Named argument not found

These are the 2 lines to which it corresponds:

SearchFormat:=False, ReplaceFormat:=False

I deleted those two lines from each part and it just threw up another error (1000 and something) on the whole last part:

TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, _
Semicolon:=False, Comma:=True, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo _
:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1), Array(4, 1), Array(5, 1), Array(6, 1), Array(7, 1)), _
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True

I'm currently using windows XP and excel 2000. I've never seen any coding like this, so it this just a versio compatability issue, and what version is required or are there any solutions for 2000?
-GC
Gcfungus of the Cerulean (Cobalt) Ocean
Senior Officer of Crossbones
Member of Elements of Fear
[Jun 28, 2010 2:36:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 56   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates