• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 474
Posts: 474   Pages: 16   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 146116 times and has 473 replies Next Thread
Dominianno

Re: You can say anything with a screenie... or 2.

I actually did go in and attempt to sink/haul. However.... I failed. Longships, ya know.

-Supplier
[Jul 26, 2010 9:30:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

was told about Haunted Seas jobbing on NB.. took a glance and..

wowzer....

and not long after, a well-known nub (yarr!!) posted 2 GF for fun

(all names removed except for that funny nub)

----------------------------------------
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Aug 29, 2010 5:15:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
Cornflaxes

Ryu <3
Cornflaxes
Senior Officer Of Made Of Fail
Prince of Fallen
Fourteen says, "Ok gotta run if I log on drunk and say **** to you.. sorry in advance.. usually Im nice but meh you never know"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cornflaxes at Aug 29, 2010 5:25:14 PM]
[Aug 29, 2010 5:24:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

I suspect the anti-spamming policy applies to the notice board too.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Aug 30, 2010 8:07:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

No.
[Aug 30, 2010 8:34:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

No.

Source?
Cire

[Aug 30, 2010 4:00:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

No.

Source?

Spamming is defined in the Terms of Service as "repeatedly sending letters, messages, or nonsense, in a way that makes it difficult for other players to communicate".

Since you aren't sending messages to disrupt communications, it's not spamming. :)
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Aug 30, 2010 4:09:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Putting several fake notifications up could be considered disruptive to those wishing to communicate that they are loading up for a real voyages.
Cire

[Aug 30, 2010 4:28:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Putting several fake notifications up could be considered disruptive to those wishing to communicate that they are loading up for a real voyages.

So it's spamming when crews put up ships for a blockade at the same time? The other side would clearly argue they are spamming the board to disrupt their loading.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Aug 30, 2010 4:40:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

I've contemplated the idea of putting 10 or more ships on the Notice Board during a blockade so that jobbers who chose someone randomly would chose our side 10 out of 11 times. But then I decided that would be a dick move, if not illegal. :P
Cire

[Edit 1 times, last edit by HiimEric2001 at Aug 30, 2010 4:44:56 PM]
[Aug 30, 2010 4:44:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

I've contemplated the idea of putting 10 or more ships on the Notice Board during a blockade so that jobbers who chose someone randomly would chose our side 10 out of 11 times. But then I decided that would be a dick move, if not illegal. :P

Dick move maybe, but not illegal.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Aug 30, 2010 4:56:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
calorifere

That just made me wonder... why is it that someone that makes dick moves is called an asshat?
Hatchetback
Senior Officer of Fifth Fist of th'Misfits
[Aug 30, 2010 7:06:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

That just made me wonder... why is it that someone that makes dick moves is called an asshat?

?tahw syas tahssa
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Aug 30, 2010 7:43:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

No.

Source?

It's been done before, with flotillas, and a lot more ships.
If it was against the anti-spamming policy, and nothing was said/done then, I can just assumed that it was allowed.
[Sep 1, 2010 10:43:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

If it was against the anti-spamming policy, and nothing was said/done then, I can just assumed that it was allowed.

Or no one sent in a /complain.
Cire

[Sep 1, 2010 2:14:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

Or no one sent in a /complain.

Could that be because it wasn't bothering anyone? There for not "makeing it difficult for other players to communicate", and not violating the ToS.
All I have to say on that.

More screenies?
[Sep 1, 2010 4:05:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

Rome, please teach me how to be an internet superstar like you.

I wish I was so awesome that I could crossload whenever I wanted and tell the other guy that they suck. Show me your ways, kind sir.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Sep 3, 2010 5:55:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

Rome may be cross-loading, but I bet he was able to set sail sooner.

Dear everyone: Please stop trying to load war frigates to the Haunted Seas on Midnight. You'll never get enough pirates aboard, and you're just wasting everyone's time.
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Sep 3, 2010 6:00:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

Eh I've seen several frigs successfully load for HS on midnight in the same day, the past couple weeks. I expect it'll peter out some here this month, but for the time being it's still new and shiny enough to draw jobbers.
[Sep 3, 2010 6:10:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

Yeah, frigs are still very possible.

Also, some "better navigator". Rome sank within five minutes. You get what you deserve.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Culiford at Sep 3, 2010 6:25:07 PM]
[Sep 3, 2010 6:24:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
djibouti

I for one thought that was hilarious

edit: the chat bubble part, not the sinking part
Crispix
Pirates of the Damned
Yar, the laws of science be a harsh mistress.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by djibouti at Sep 3, 2010 7:13:03 PM]
[Sep 3, 2010 7:06:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Am I only the only with a guttermind?

Hello there...oddly named bot.

Two OM swordfighting? And with a stick? It must be faked.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 2 times, last edit by cattrin at Sep 6, 2010 6:54:46 AM]
[Sep 6, 2010 6:44:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zmasterben

Remember back in those days?
ZmasterBen
[Sep 9, 2010 5:07:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dotte

100 battles in one day, anyone?
do not taunt happy fun dotte
[Sep 10, 2010 4:33:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dotteOOO    dotteO0O [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Oliva to Midsummer... Man, I so remember meeming up there back in the day.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Sep 10, 2010 7:27:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

well.. well.. how should i put this? log in.. no zombies mission.. thought of running some commod for stalls but glanced at NB to see what's going on and saw forage offer paying 5/15 on fruits

and tis been a while since i last did any, so i put up my usual 6/30 offer on fruits and couldn't help but laffed hard at the resulting "response" in the jobbing bubble

then did a /w and saw this

let's compute!

from vessel log, i got 250 fruits in slightly over an hour (offpeak hour too).. so its not difficult to get say 500 fruits in under 3hrs at peak hour and if u put up forage offer like over 10hrs daily then u bet its gonna pile up a LOT

let's see if its profitable

low fruits sell for 14 easily and high fruits go for abt 60.. for simplicity, assuming those 500 fruits are made up of 250 low fruits and 250 high fruits, that's a total profits of 9500 from paying 6/30 (which is the minimum i would set my offer at, so pls dont send me /tells to reduce it to the ridiculous level of 5/15)

9k profits from lazing (or playing poker if u like) is totally awesome

wait? did i hear someone saying it takes effort to run those fruits? um.. with the increased swabbie on cutter to 4, it is a breeze to let the bot do the work while i laze (ie staring at radar) until it ports rofl

with help from 1 or 2 crewmates/flaggies/hearties.. u could even run an MB (3 times as much fruits compared to a cutter) rather easily

time consuming? mebbe... effort? hardly any

OOO increased labour hours from 24 to 36 with release 2010-05-18 (http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Release_2010-05-18) and that goes to show just how scarce labour is on sub ocean that OOO deemed it necessary to increase the daily labour hours.. certainly these labours could be used to help ocean economies with production of stuffs

being human, its hard to resist the temptation to try striking lottery by foraging gold.. i would prolly forage away my labour hours too if i wasnt operating a labour intensive shipyard stall

p.s. i later found out thru a chat with someone from the elves crew.. they were pretty new to the forage biz having just started very recently and were told by someone (um, sorry i wont be posting name) that 5/15 is the "correct" price for fruits
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Sep 13, 2010 5:50:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
Publandlord

Some more foraging figures.

Assumptions: in every 200 hours spent foraging, you get 132 small fruit, 66 large fruit, 1 lot of gems (which pays the jobber 5 times the advertised rate, because there are 5 gems in a large chest; these will not be sailed to port) and 1 gold nugget. Small fruit sells at 16, large fruit sells at 66, and gold sells at 4000. I'll ignore the rum spent sailing to market, and assume no goods are lost on the way.

For every 200 hours spent foraging, there's a total of 10468 to be made from selling the foraged goods. Jobber pay comes out of this. If you're foraging for yourself, you make 52.34 PoE/hour. This is significantly better if you can be bothered sailing the gems to port; if you do, it's a yield of 15468, or 77.34 PoE/hour.

The Elf Crew are offering 5/15/100/2500; 200 hours of foraging for them will make a jobber 4650 PoE, an average of 23.25 PoE/hour. The crew will make a profit of 5818 after sailing to market.

Ryujin is offering 6/30/100/2500; 200 hours of foraging for him will make a jobber 5772 PoE, an average of 28.86 PoE/hour. He will make a profit of 4696 after sailing to market.

The Elf Crew with the stupidly high gold offer but really low fruit offer are offering 1/10/100/7500; 200 hours of foraging for them will make a jobber 8792 PoE, an average of 43.96 PoE/hour. The crew will make a profit of 1676 after sailing to market.

Note that these are average figures: a particular jobber could be very lucky or very unlucky!

A pirate can trivially make 35 PoE/hour by taking a job at a shipyard and supplying basic labour. (There are plenty of shipyards offering this - if the one you work at doesn't, then move!) This would suggest that foraging is a mug's game, unless you fancy your chances at winning the lottery, there's a gold rush on, or you really enjoy the foraging puzzle!

I'm not 100% sure about my small/large/gem/gold frequency figures. If anyone has better figures backed up with more data, please let me know! It might be better to start a new thread, though - this has drifted a long way from screenies!
Anaplian, Shadow Riders, Midnight Ocean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Publandlord at Sep 13, 2010 9:12:24 AM]
[Sep 13, 2010 9:03:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

I am curious to when setting a price is considering an exploit.

I set my prices to make me the most POE and hire jobbers. If the jobbers feel it is unfair they would not job. You set your price to make the most POE by filling your ship the fastest and get to the island. Which is why your "set" price changes when someone outbids you.

It is the key fundamentals of capitalism and it's working as far as i am concerned. I just find it funny people feel they need to complain about it or justify it by saying they are "helping" their fellow jobbers.

I have seen some prices that made no sense at all to me but folks I am foraging to make POE and as much of it as I can. Anyone who owns a shop, plays poker, or Runs pillies are doing it for the same reason I forage, that and its the only thing i can do at work other then talk to hearties :)
Kaldric on Cerulean
Captain of the Sunset Knights Crew
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Wildboy at Sep 13, 2010 1:17:15 PM]
[Sep 13, 2010 12:16:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Iratepirate3

Anyone seen the prices for foraging on Cobalt? Makes 5/15 not seem quite so bad (Thats even if someone has bothered to put up a foraging offer so that the is puzzle available for everyone to play!)

Although, as a jobber, I'm all in favour of the extra high pay :)
Oversteve on Midnight
Royal of True Passion
[Sep 13, 2010 1:26:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
butlert23

I don't see anything wrong with the low fruit prices as the jobber will forage regardless, as they like the foraging puzzle.

It's probably better for shop keepers that Drama keep her rates low to discurage people who really care about poe from wasting labour foraging.

My only complaint is that the same one indavidual insists on keeping that offer up from the time they get up in the morning to the time they go to bed at night. Leaving very little time for others to enjoy the fruits of the oceans. Just seems selfish to me.

Spear
[Sep 14, 2010 5:42:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 474   Pages: 16   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates