• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 75
Posts: 75   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19519 times and has 74 replies Next Thread
Kracky

Island Ownership Map

Being Unable to edit nor erase the older post of this, I've decided to just repost the whole thing. I will try and update this every weekend as needed, provided life/wife doesn't drag me away to the Hampton's or something :)

----------------------------------------
Island Ownership Map
Captain of the Crimson Sails
Lord of the Crimson Tide
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Kracky at Oct 9, 2008 5:44:21 AM]
[Sep 8, 2008 11:30:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Re: Island Ownership Map

Pretty.

Is there any significance to the different shapes for the islands?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Sep 8, 2008 11:34:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
radders

Very nice I remember seeing this the first time too, looks like Spirit of the Game escaped you and is roaming the seas though!
Radders

My Little Pony-tar by the amazing Shortyjack
[Sep 8, 2008 11:43:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kracky

Yes there is

Large Square - Metropolis
Circle - City
Triangle - Colony
Big X - Outpost
Small Diamond - Foragable/Uninhibited

This should be 99.9% accurate unless somne City has turned into a Metropolis since this January

And yes Killer Watermelons, Spirit of the Game, Blighted, and Cold Fire are all M.I.A. from this map
Island Ownership Map
Lord of the Crimson Tide
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kracky at Sep 8, 2008 11:46:30 AM]
[Sep 8, 2008 11:45:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bdull

I'm not sure what criteria you're using to denote colony vs. city, but last I checked Namath and Lagniappe both had over 500 citizens (considerably more than Cnossos) and are neither forageable nor uninhabited. The real value is seeing which flag holds which island, but the other aspects are also neat.
--Lazylubber
Lord of Crimson Tide on Midnight
Former governor of Midsummer
Not retired, but playing less than some who are

Avatar awesomeness by Shortyjack!
[Sep 8, 2008 12:14:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
radders

And yes Killer Watermelons, Spirit of the Game, Blighted, and Cold Fire are all M.I.A. from this map

I'd look over that map again very closely ;)
Radders

[Sep 8, 2008 1:08:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Radders, I think it's you who needs to look at the ocean more closely, not the OP who needs to look at his map. :-P None of those four holds an island, why would they appear on an island ownership map?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Sep 8, 2008 2:45:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

I think considering Lag a colony isn't all that far fetched. While the population might be strong, the island physically is not all that huge and I think that is probably the way to most accurately describe the current government arangement.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Sep 8, 2008 2:51:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Kracky

This map was compiled by another user a year or so ago. The criteria he used was the actual size of an island and its density, not its population as this can change for more quickly than the building density can.

You can view the original map hereOriginal Map

And Radders, maybe you saw Spirit of the game floating on the left hand side and maybe you didn't. *wink*
Island Ownership Map
Lord of the Crimson Tide
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Kracky at Sep 8, 2008 3:05:14 PM]
[Sep 8, 2008 3:02:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nalle5

I agree with Radders. I still see SotG on the map...
Angara
Midnight

This account is retired and PM's sent here will not be answered
I am now using my Angara account

[Sep 8, 2008 3:31:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
radders

Radders, I think it's you who needs to look at the ocean more closely, not the OP who needs to look at his map. :-P None of those four holds an island, why would they appear on an island ownership map?

Why indeed? Hehe, I didn't mean to cause a fuss sorry. Just found it rather amusing suddenly spotting it there, the map's perfect otherwise as far as I can tell.
Radders

[Sep 8, 2008 3:47:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bdull

Ah, thanks for clearing that up Kracky.
--Lazylubber
Lord of Crimson Tide on Midnight
Former governor of Midsummer
Not retired, but playing less than some who are

Avatar awesomeness by Shortyjack!
[Sep 9, 2008 6:29:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kracky

What we need are more flag wars! Let whittle this list down from to say 10 :P

Also, for those wondering, the Spirit of the Game's name was left over after some editing floating somewhere between Pearl and Opal. Thats what Radders was referring to.

What Nalle5 is reffering to is that SotG is still listed on the Flags of Midnight Boxout. I have fixed this now.
Island Ownership Map
Lord of the Crimson Tide
[Sep 9, 2008 2:16:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Oooh stealth map edits making me go wtf.

Sublime is shame.
[Sep 9, 2008 2:22:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blyndpew

Updating every weekend? This is Midnight, islands change hands about every 3 years. If any islands change hands this weekend, for example, I will eat my dreadlocks.
Blyndpew/Albion
Not even an authorised spokesman for Me
[Sep 9, 2008 4:50:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
radders

Updating every weekend? This is Midnight, islands change hands about every 3 years. If any islands change hands this weekend, for example, I will eat my dreadlocks.

Will you provide video footage of said forfeit? I'm sorely tempted to bribe Carpe Noctem into letting the BK win this weekend ;)
Radders

[Sep 9, 2008 5:48:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

Yes there is

Large Square - Metropolis
Circle - City
Triangle - Colony
Big X - Outpost
Small Diamond - Foragable/Uninhibited

This should be 99.9% accurate unless somne City has turned into a Metropolis since this January

Why not just use the island definitions that the game provides like small, medium and large? While thre populations may have changed since January, the island size does not.
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Sep 9, 2008 11:43:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
Kracky

Tis the way the map was made, I am using the orginial artist's work without changing it much. Otherwise it would be like stealing it.
Island Ownership Map
Lord of the Crimson Tide
[Sep 10, 2008 6:09:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

Tis the way the map was made, I am using the orginial artist's work without changing it much. Otherwise it would be like stealing it.

I think making it more readable and more easily understood would be doing us all a service. If no one ever improved on what someone else did, we'd still all be driving Model Ts. :/

EDIT: Does anyone know if these were terms that were used in game way back in the day?
TlzAllen
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tlz_allen at Sep 11, 2008 8:41:18 AM]
[Sep 11, 2008 8:40:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

I don't know, I like it now that I know the legend. I'm not sure that outpost/medium/large adds a lot of information I didn't already know; isn't it more interesting to get an idea of the different populations? What size the island is never changes.

Sublime is shame.
[Sep 11, 2008 10:14:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

Well, I've been governor of a couple of islands, and I'm sure you have too, and that population can swing all up and down the scale a ton in a single day. And while I guess the population might be interesting, it doesn't tell me a lot about an island. The fact is that most information there, not that there's a ton, comes from its size not its population.
TlzAllen
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tlz_allen at Oct 6, 2008 8:21:16 AM]
[Sep 11, 2008 4:24:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
Kracky

Looks like Broadsiders are trying to remove Tyr's Own from the map and expand into a 3rd Archipelago.

Also Jinx looks poised to attack Islay of Luthien, but I doubt that they will take it from CN.

Hope I'll have some editing to do by Sunday night :)
Island Ownership Map
Lord of the Crimson Tide
[Sep 12, 2008 4:46:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pjotr

Looks like Broadsiders are trying to remove Tyr's Own from the map and expand into a 3rd Archipelago.

They'll still have Winter. ;)
Pjotr, Captain of the Ransack Marauders
self-appointed elitist bastard extraordinaire

[Sep 12, 2008 5:51:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mattmartin72

4th ;)
Napalm
Captain of Die Fish Die

Encaustic art Av by Skullcracker, click for more of Skullys work
[Sep 13, 2008 7:46:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kracky

wow, this is why you don't post when you've had less than 3 hours of sleep. Yes Tyr's Own will still have 1 island left, and I didn't notice that Broadsiders had Jorvik. Now lets see the outcome of the blockade for Byrne in 4 hours.
Island Ownership Map
Lord of the Crimson Tide
[Sep 13, 2008 8:12:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kracky

As much as it pains me to do so I have updated the map to reflect the unjust loss of Xi island to Dies Irae.

I also added a legend for BKs and the position of current active BKs on the ocean.

Enjoy
Island Ownership Map
Lord of the Crimson Tide
[Sep 21, 2008 1:35:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nalle5

I also added a legend for BKs and the position of current active BKs on the ocean.

If you are going to keep this part updated, you will have a full-time job ahead of you - but thanks for doing it! :)

Btw; you missed the Vargas flotilla outside Frond.
Angara
Midnight

This account is retired and PM's sent here will not be answered
I am now using my Angara account

[Sep 21, 2008 2:03:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kracky

Strange, I remember seeing it there but now its gone in game....is it just me?

Fixed it though
Island Ownership Map
Lord of the Crimson Tide
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kracky at Sep 21, 2008 2:50:41 AM]
[Sep 21, 2008 2:43:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kracky

Ok updated with the new BK positions.
Hopefully I won't have to update the Anglefish after this weekend's blockades
Island Ownership Map
Lord of the Crimson Tide
[Sep 25, 2008 6:13:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kracky

Updated Oct. 2nd to reflect new flotilla movement
Island Ownership Map
Lord of the Crimson Tide
[Oct 2, 2008 12:36:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 75   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates